To Black America with Love Trumps to Syria with Hate

There is sabre rattling over "evidence" that the evil butcher in Syria gassed his people and the outraged Trump wishes to "learn" them a lesson--as we learned the Iraqis a lesson over their never found weapons of mass destruction.  Interestingly, these gassings happen at convenient times to get a knee-jerk reaction from our president, who is now shoving his in Putin's face to let him see whose is bigger. So, nuclear conflagration could emerge as a result of the need to prove whose Johnson is bigger, as such a need prolonged the Vietnam war.

In the meantime, our avenging president is willing to spend $billions in perishable military hardware to deal with the heartless Assad, while refusing to take another 1000 of the suffering Syrians. What paradox.

Perhaps, then, he should show America to be strong by using the bombs here to obliterate the root cause of the school to prison pipeline and get some love from Blacks in his reelection bid.

Comments

Riley Brown Added Apr 13, 2018 - 11:00am
When are we going to quit being the world's policeman?

We're in debt and there are lots of people right here in our own country who can barely make it without paying even higher taxes so that we can alienate other countries by meddling in their affairs.

I get it, chemical weapon use violates international law, but fact is dead is dead and we can't possibly stick around long enough to stop brutal regimes all over the world from oppressing their people.

Even if we try the second we leave they will continue where they left off.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 13, 2018 - 11:03am
We need a policy of isolationism...and some borders would be nice.
Pardero Added Apr 13, 2018 - 11:34am
Riley Brown,
Good for you!
I apologize for thinking you were aligned with the Neo-cons.
Your words are easy to read and understand, considering the complex thoughts that they convey.

Tom C. Purcell,
I always called that paleoconservatism. I am a Patrick J. Buchanan fan.

Dr. Rupert Green,
Good to see you again.
I am in full agreement. Let us help Americans with that treasure, instead of destroying others.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:27pm
@Riley, People of the world love Americans, but many hate the American government. The brutality that goes on every minute is mind-numbing and we, as civilized people, indeed cannot turn our back on it.  A time will come when America will face unimaginable calamity and the good deeds we the people have done may let the Mexicans, for example, open their borders to let in some of us. In the old wars, nature benefitted and we reaped its bounties from the many fishes that gorged themselves on the result of our wars. Additionally, trees boomed from the rivers of blood that nourished them. Today a wars contiminate the earth.

Perhaps we can take on brutal regimes with agricultural projects.  With the price of food, having our soldiers occupy brutal regimes so our scientists and educators can teach the people sustainable agriculture would only require the cost of 10 bombs that were not used. Once a hungry and illiterate people are empowered, it would be difficult to reenslave them. Capture all those soldiers and line them up before a firing squad and offer them a choice, a bullet or a seed.

Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:32pm
@ Tom. Even criminals have honor. Thus a child molester brought in would be swiftly dispatched. That is to say, the hardest-hearted amongst us would melt at some of the cruelties witnessed
.Thus, if I grant your wish for isolation, would you be willing to isolate your news and movies so that nothing outside the US is shown?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:38pm
@Paredo. Thanks, man. For the past 7 months, I was conducting some studies and I could not truly contribute to FB at the high caliber it warrants.
Dear Dr. Green:

Your manuscript entitled "Telling on New York's
Brightest Black 3rd Grade Readers to Explore the State’s Brightest Latino, Asian, White, and Native American 3rd Grade Reader" has been successfully submitted online and is presently being given full consideration for publication in Socius: Sociological Research for a Dynamic World.

"How about a massive infrastructure program paid for out of that bloated military budget? Let us create the next generation of craft and trade workers. Carpenters and electricians instead of bombs and missiles.

You hit the nail on the head with above. Train young people to hit nails on the head in learning construction and such. Train them to lay pipes, draw beads, and to pull snakes.
Tom C. Purcell Added Apr 13, 2018 - 12:58pm
"@Tom. Even criminals have honor"

Spoken like a true BLM member.
Ric Wells Added Apr 13, 2018 - 3:39pm
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 5:06pm
"Dr. Green what I find suspicious is shortly after The President announced a withdrawal there is a chemical attack. I find it plausible the rebels initiated this to keep the US involved."

@Ric. Re preceding, you are the embodiment of Descartes: I think, therefore I am. I am in total agreement with you.   This site I believe is blessed with thinkers, unlike the Facebook site where individuals click like as trained slugs can be taught to do. Unfortunately, there appears to be a migration of Facebookers to WB, so thinkers like us must hold our ground, seeing what the thinking British at Cambridge Analytics did with the FaceBook data of the like clicking slugs. The decided the fate of the world.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 5:36pm
@Tom.  Who is a BLM in your: "Spoken like a true BLM member."

Contextually and with the 'net, I could derive an answer, but the response I want to provide will not be done justice by anecdotal evidence. Therefore, evidence from the mouth of the horse would be most desirable.
James Travil Added Apr 13, 2018 - 7:21pm
I'm with Ric and Pardero on this. I think the chemical attack was a false flag  most likely done by the actual terrorists in the region under direction from the CIA. We need to stop violating international law as Trump is suggesting and get out of Syria and the middle east. We need to focus on rebuilding our own country, it's infrastructure and economy. Not trying to start WWIII.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 13, 2018 - 7:38pm
I'm with James, Ric and Pard.

Seen from Europe.

Thank you guys. Maybe we can get somewhere finally ? What Vietnam was 50 years ago should happen now. Over there and here in Europe.

Fuck the damn dullphones. They will probably be the reason why it can't happen.
Neil Lock Added Apr 13, 2018 - 8:00pm
Dr. Rupert: People of the world love Americans, but many hate the American government. Absolutely spot on, my friend. And your proposal in regard to soldiers has much merit, and compassion too.
Autumn Cote Added Apr 13, 2018 - 8:32pm
Please note, the best way to draw more attention to your work is to comment on the work of others.  It's also the best way to entice me to promote your articles.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 13, 2018 - 8:52pm
Hey Autumn, you are preaching to the choir.
Stone-Eater Added Apr 14, 2018 - 5:57am
People of the world love Americans, but many hate the American government.

Yep. I'm part of that group. But I wouldn't call the MIC a government, though....
Dino Manalis Added Apr 14, 2018 - 8:40am
America; Britain; and France had to punish Assad for the use of chemical weapons!
Stone-Eater Added Apr 14, 2018 - 8:49am
Dino

Can you stop that unreflected shit ?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 14, 2018 - 9:30am
@ Dino, ignore Stone, even the ignorant have a say, mindful that simple minds entertain simple thoughts.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 14, 2018 - 9:32am
@Stone, glad you are in agreement regarding the scholarship on the worldview of America and Americans.
Riley Brown Added Apr 16, 2018 - 10:28am
Ribert, lots of people in places like the Middle East do hate us, and even many in places like France.  There are many places in the Middle East where they love to chop heads off Americans, even those who are there trying to help improve life for their citizens with things like medical assistance.  They kidnap and brutally murder aid workers and journalists.

I too once wondered if we could do more good by ingratiating ourselves, but after Obama, realize those efforts just made things worse.  No one could have tried harder, and he failed miserably.  Even 2 bit despots running third world countries just saw his outstretched hand as a sign of weakness and used the opportunity to blow him off.

I get the "we can't ignore brutality" thing, and think it doesn't say much about the world if big countries like the US can't really do much more than stand by and watch things like genocide, but if intervening doesn't have a positive effect, why waste the tax money and effort?

I've felt the same about quarreling children, as an adult I'm often tempted to jump in and save the downtrodden from bullies, but I realize unless I can make the commitment to hang in their forever, jumping in to save the downtrodden often makes things worse for them later on.  As soon as I leave they will get a beat-down that's even worse than it would have been if I'd not intervened.

Riley Brown Added Apr 16, 2018 - 10:29am
Rupert, sorry about that, not intentional.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Apr 16, 2018 - 8:50pm
@Riley. "There are many places in the Middle East where they love to chop heads off Americans, even those who are there trying to help improve life for their citizens with things like medical assistance.  They kidnap and brutally murder aid workers and journalists."

Above is understandable given the milk of hatred for America is the only thing mothers have to suckle their newborns. Is it the people who are being helped who have to inkling to chop off necks,  or is it those with an agenda to maintain control through brutality? Remember, we are such that if 99 of 100 said thanks and showed appreciation for aids offered, it the one that spat in the face that will be most remembered.

The war was taking a toll on America, and Obama understood that. Still, he was poorly served by Clinton.  Well, if all is futile, then let those with Hitlarian beliefs have their ways. The problem is that America would have to sever all communication so no image reached our shores.  For, if they did, Americans would not sit idly and watch even the children of the most murderous groups, Boko Haram, being defiled.
Riley Brown Added Apr 19, 2018 - 11:42am
Rupert, I have watched intently as the US spent a fortune to help several Middle Eastern countries get a chance to reject oppressive regimes and embrace less violent lifestyles, but all have failed.

The masses may be thankful for our efforts but they consistently allow the more brutal among them to take over and quickly let go of any and all the gains we so painfully achieved on their behalf.  In the process thousands are slaughtered.

I am quickly coming to the conclusion that our efforts are wasted on people who come from that sort of culture.  You may be right, they might appreciate what we do for them, but not nearly enough to make it worthwhile, exotically when I consider the carnage that always comes from changes in both directions.

The next time one group of Arabs wants to gas their neighbors out of existence, I think the best thing we can do is mind our own business.