History is interesting. Recently watched this “Doc” released in 2014, which takes a historical view of the life of Nixon, and of course is centered around the private audio tapes (which he had installed) of his phone conversations.
So, what can be learned from these facts which cannot be chalked up to “fake news”? Yes, some will say that the private conversations were just snippets and taken out of context. Well, if you listen to the entire piece, feathered in with the events of the times, it is difficult to dismiss the truths about what happens, and how people really think, in the conversations that happen behind closed doors.
Here are 5 POTUS attitudinal similarities which are uncannily similar, to today’s political environment:
- A supreme hatred and distrust of mainstream media.
- An investigation of alleged criminal activity that just won’t go away.
- All the “bad stuff” going on, and changes in the way society thinks, is blamed on the commies, leftists, socialists, anything really that questions the greediness of capitalism.
- Racist comments, and the blaming of ethnic groups for the problems facing America.
- He truly did not see how what he was doing was criminal. Which implies that others (left or right) were behaving this way too. What I call the PED syndrome; if everyone is doing it, it is not illegal.
It will be very interesting to see what History has to say about the Trump era, in another 20 years.