VACUUM ENERGY AND MORE

Orbit patterns taking Earth and Jupiter. See the geometric structure which emerges ?

Isn't that fascinating. We know that only 5% of the universe is real matter, and 95% is dark matter, or "something which is nothing" ? Nicola Tesla started to think about that almost 100 years ago, and meanwhile Darwin and the evolution had to be partly rewritten. Chaos maybe a part of the Universe, but there are undoubtedly patterns and logic in its construction.

Can "observation" be "creation" ? Does that mean we are constantly creating our own reality and universe, and if yes, which rules apply ?

Or.....you can put sand anywhere on a square metal plate, and by playing different frequencies the sand on the plate rearranges to geometric structures.

I know that's several subjects in one post, but since I'm an absolute amateur and only beginning to inform myself about such scientific mysteries, I thought that the one or the other of you has heard about such things as well and likes to discuss or explain further if he or she knows more about it.

Have a nice week :-)

Comments

opher goodwin Added May 14, 2018 - 5:49am
Everything the [power of the world does is done in a circle.
Stone-Eater Added May 14, 2018 - 6:04am
Oph

I guess so......everything repeat itself endlessly....
Doug Plumb Added May 14, 2018 - 6:52am
This stuff on mainstream regarding a "multiverse" and multi dimensional reality is nothing more than fantastic speculation created to mesmerize the masses with science and make them believe that absolute truth can be obtained from the scientific method. Its part of dialectical materialism and is an extention of Marxism at a very deep level. This idea that we can obtain truth from observation is a fundamentally Marxist idea. The Western notion is the original sin, that is that empiricism (observation) and rationalism (laws/absolute truths) are separate but we must mix them sometimes. The general lesson of the Bible is to avoid those who do. The laws we obtain from science are actually "maxims of judgement" until we can prove them using deductions from the axioms we accept as reason.
Just because a mathematician can write a four dimensional equation doesn't mean there are four dimensions to reality. Truth is accepted when empirical observation matches rational deduction and when the rational deduction never has an internal contradiction.
Its all to make science God, a necessity of Marxism.
Kurt Bresler Added May 14, 2018 - 8:38am
My observation ...or is it deduction?  Is that your article may have a slight melancholic tone, thus the discussion of several topics in one short article.
Fascinating, yes that is the word, along with unfathomable and many more.
AND, It did inspire me to think and to write.
Stone-Eater Added May 14, 2018 - 10:33am
Kurt

Not melancholic really.....but maybe a bit ...... dreamy ?
Good ! Tell us your thoughts :-)
Jeff Jackson Added May 14, 2018 - 11:52am
If all of the matter in space were to be in one ball, the gravity would probably cause it to explode and send matter hurling out into space, and then slowly the planets and suns and stuff would form. It would be, like, a really big explosion or something like that. I'm not an astrophysicist or anything like that, mind you, I'm just guessing here.
wsucram15 Added May 14, 2018 - 12:50pm
Jeff..like the big bang?
What do you know about dark matter SEF? It is fascinating and something very very few people ever think about. But they should.
Interesting idea for an article.
Even A Broken Clock Added May 14, 2018 - 1:09pm
Jeanne and Stone - not only dark matter, but dark energy. While the unseen dark matter is causing galaxies to rotate faster than the gravity from the visible matter would cause, the dark energy appears to apply a repulsive force that is causing the galaxies to careen away from each other at an ever-increasing velocity.

Now the quantum vacuum is another matter altogether. Apparently, electron / positron pairs are continually being created and then annihilate each other in the vacuum of space. A powerful enough electromagnetic wave (like a gamma ray) can also create these particle pairs. If somehow it was possible to separate the particles before they annihilated each other, and then capture the positrons and keep them from collisions with standard matter, you'd have a source of anti-matter. And those of us who watched Star Trek know what you can do with that!
Stone-Eater Added May 14, 2018 - 1:25pm
EABC

I've read once that gravitation holds all together, and, as an example, the chair we sit on would dissolve into atoms without it and would as such not be "existent" anymore.

So gravitational force is energy that holds all "together" as we know it. But then the question is: Where does it come from and does it have a connection to dark matter/energy when these two are in a vacuum and therefore "cut off" from those 5% of matter that we know of ?
Katharine Otto Added May 14, 2018 - 1:56pm
Stone,
A subject after my own heart.  Dark matter and dark energy are fairly recent discoveries, or theories, actually, because nobody can prove them.  Einstein kept trying to find a "universal field" theory, because gravity acts differently from other known forces, like strong and weak nuclear forces.  He never found it.  My theory is that life is the unrecognized energy that science can't find.  The mechanistic universe that science relies on tries to separate life from science.  It sounds silly to say the entire universe is alive, but that's the concept of qi.

There are many dimensions, including color, temperature, texture, sound, etc.  Some say time is a dimension.  If you think about it, you will realize that you can't describe a single thing in nature in three dimensions.

Circles and spheres are believed to be the most efficient form of matter, such as spherical planets or water drops.  However, nothing in nature is perfectly spherical, either, despite what Neil deGrasse Tyson claims.  Even the Earth is oblate.

I didn't know about the patterns sand forms when exposed to different musical tones.  Nothing circular, I'll bet.
Stone-Eater Added May 14, 2018 - 1:59pm
Katharine

:-)

James Travil Added May 14, 2018 - 6:21pm
Good post Stone, certainly thought provoking. I've heard about zero point energy before, supposedly it is drawing energy from subspace (the space between universes) and should be nearly infinite.

Oh and I stopped reading Doug's hysterical rant when he finally once and for all proved himself to be an idiot with zero credibility when he equated science with (get this) MARXISM! ROTFLMFAO!!! What a weirdo!
opher goodwin Added May 14, 2018 - 6:49pm
It is part of a speech by Black Elk.
Logical Man Added May 14, 2018 - 7:26pm
Stone, you have a lot of studying to do if you wish to attempt to understand what scientists put forward as their explanations for how things work.
If you want to be blown away by a scientist talking about the universe, go to Link to Richard Feynman videos
He's an amazing speaker and educator regarding matters of science and the scientific approach - quite the joker too. In no way is his stuff in any way dry or boring. He has a Nobel Prize for physics (Quantum Electrodynamics) but is best known for a kind of graphical representation of subatomic reactions called Feynman Diagrams. He was a bongo drum player and became quite the artist later in life. Hated all forms of authority and was less than popular with the security guys with the Manhattan Project as he was known to crack the odd safe.
If this guy doesn't ignite some passion for science in you, I would suggest that you take up knitting or something.
I studied Chemistry and Astronomy at university, then became a sign painter/illustator but have always read extensively on many branches of science. I'm a bit of a history nut too. I haven't had a TV in 20 years so I read a lot.

Logical Man Added May 14, 2018 - 7:31pm
Doug, you doubt science, which searches for knowledge and tries to test itself, then suggest religion is on a sounder footing by denying free thought or enquiry and being put in place by an invisible sky guy for which there is absolutely ZERO evidence.
Rational?
Katharine Otto Added May 14, 2018 - 8:54pm
Stone,
Thanks for that link.  OK, I was wrong.  Some circles are generated.  Those are pretty high frequency tones.

I have read of civilizations based completely on sound qualities.  Also, the Rosicrucians claim everything consists of vibrations.  My novel's protagonist, a seventh-dimensional being, has perfected "vibrational perception," which works like mental telepathy.

Thinking about this stuff is way more interesting than politics.
James Travil Added May 14, 2018 - 9:29pm
Speaking of vibrations, String Theory postulates that subatomic particles and even the universe itself are all composed of strings. How they vibrate determines what they are.
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 2:37am
James

Where is the connection between Marx and Science ? LOL Really......seems to be a trend to politicize everything than happens. Are my tomato spaghetti socialist ? Hmmm. I might choose Bolognese.....well no, they're brown, so Nazi Spaghetti LOL
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 2:38am
LM

Hey, thanks a lot ! I'll check that even tonight :-)
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 2:39am
Katharine

Sure is. And it puts ourselves as humans into the right perspective.
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 2:40am
James

By saying strings do you mean waves ?
James Travil Added May 15, 2018 - 2:57am
"By saying strings do you mean waves ?"
No string particles are thought to be the smallest and most fundamental particles in the universe. On one hand that is. A single string is like a single tree versus the entire earth as the next largest particle (like a quark). One the other hand the universe itself is said to be a single string stretched to the size of the cosmos. Best to Google String Theory for more information.
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 6:53am
James

Thanks for that info !
William Stockton Added May 15, 2018 - 1:04pm
We live in a geometric universe.  Don't be surprised when that universe speaks its own language.  Even if that is sand on a vibrating plate.
Stone-Eater Added May 15, 2018 - 2:58pm
William

All is a circle. We also move in a circle. We always get back to where we started - that's why we don't learn.
William Stockton Added May 15, 2018 - 3:32pm
Stone, time is not circular.  We are on a straight, one-way, linear (at our current velocity) path.

People like to say everything is cyclic.  Not true based on everything science has produced so far.
Look around you.  What do you see that is circular?  A tree?  The earth?  Is it a perfect circle?  No.  It's kind of a circle.  Only the base of a tree or a branch is somewhat circular.  Is it a perfect circle?  No.

Orbits aren't even circular.

The "circular" simplification is an oversimplification (and wrong) which under-represents the beauty in the vast amount of "things" in the universe which are not circular or cyclic.
Logical Man Added May 15, 2018 - 6:36pm
Stone, I got to thinking about the journey of discovery you may be about to embark upon. Might I suggest a good read to get you going?
Coming of Age in the Milky Way by Richard Ferris is pretty much a history of science going right back to the very beginning of man's search for understanding and bringing you up to the beginning of the 21st century.
Stephen Hunter Added May 15, 2018 - 10:40pm
Stone, you have touched on a very thought provoking topic. Tough to get a handle on what the real deal is with all this stuff, and of course no one really does.  Here is a head-scratcher; what happens to matter and energy when it gets sucked into a black hole?
I would suggest some Stephen Hawking, or better yet Neil deGrasse Tyson's series- Cosmos- will blow your mind!

Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 5:40am
Stephen

Hm. Good question. I guess when matter is sucked into a black hole it gets retransformed into energy again and is released back into....that's the question: Into the vacuum seems not possible, and if, where is the border where the vacuum starts or ends ? Does matter create space in the vacuum the time it gets created, or does energy create the space in the vacuum in order to be able to create matter ?

MFG this is something :-)
Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 5:42am
BTW Autumn: I can only write in WB with Chrome (because I'm always logged in there ?). Edge browser shows me a blank login when I try this.
Michael B. Added May 16, 2018 - 8:38am
You're still here? First you said you were reducing your presence on WB, yet you don't. Then you once again express your hatred of Americans and announce, much to our delight, that you were quitting once and for all. I have to quote Oliver Cromwell, in his address to the Rump Parliament, or WB's equivalent of a Swiss peanut gallery:

"You have sat too long for any good you have been doing lately... Depart, I say; and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go!"
Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 8:59am
Michael

I don't do you that favor :-) Actually, I was on the way to think that the US and Trump would finally see that we all should work together on that planet and not ONE country has "the wisdom for all", when the NK deal was on the way.

But even a hard-core cowboy as you should see that the US is steering into another war for profit in Iran now.

That's why I couldn't hold back. Or to say with words of your beloved hotel owner twitty president: Bad ! Sad !

BTW: I have seen that I would miss WB. Can't help it, sorry. I'm such a weak Swiss mountain goat. That's why I love the sea. No climbing, you know LOL
Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 9:04am
BTW2:

Michael, what do you think where a black hole goes to in time ? Does it finally shrink and disappear when there is no matter left to swallow or does it further expand ? And is the black hole actually in a vacuum or does it create one ? I asked my black wife, but she didn't know as well....;-)
Stone-Eater Added May 16, 2018 - 9:19am
William

Time is not circular. But the question is: Time is, as I see it, not existing in a vacuum. Time is defined by movements, if they are circular or elliptic surely makes a difference, but time, as we perceive it, is not defined by matter but by energy that drives that matter.

Therefore, time cannot exist in a vacuum since there is no movement in it. But what happens WITHIN the vacuum ?

Even the fact that if we leave the gravitational forces of the sun and get into the Oort cloud - and if we could survive that immense distance....I don't know how many AU these are.....after that we get into interstellar space and ...... is that already what we define as vacuum, since the speed we would enter would stay the same unless we get into the gravitational forces of another planet system (see Voyager) ?

How can we figure from here where there is a real "vacuum" ? Where does the dark matter and energy start vs. the real 5 % we can identify ?
Michael B. Added May 17, 2018 - 11:12pm
Here's a good example of vacuum energy: You suck! lol
Stone-Eater Added May 18, 2018 - 9:00am
Thanks Michael. I really needed that to give me more power to carry on LOL
Michael B. Added May 19, 2018 - 1:46am
Bitte shoen! We have truly inspired one another, haven't we? Scheiss egal Stone; as much as you piss me off, I still would rather have you around, lol.
Ian Thorpe Added May 19, 2018 - 3:44pm
OK, I'll try again to post something. It seems 95% of my Writer Beat interface is Dark Matter these days.
Stone-Eater Added May 20, 2018 - 6:39am
All

I don't have Internet regularly for the moment. That's why I can't comment and write like I would like to.
Stephen Hunter Added May 20, 2018 - 9:34am
And did you know that when looking at the stars you are actually looking at events that happening in the past? A super-nova(rare celestial event) for example, could be happening to a star which is 300 million light years away from us. So when you do see it, you are seeing something which happened 300 years ago.
The closest star is a light year or two away, so even the twinkling we see in our closest stellar neighbor, happened a year or two ago.
Stone-Eater Added May 20, 2018 - 9:43am
Stephen

I know. I mean light travels at about 300'000 km/second, and then you take a year as a measure :-) And the most distant galaxies we're able to see now we see the way they looked about 13 billion years ago......

Recent Articles by Writers Stone-Eater follows.