I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TRUMP

Ok. Read the title, Trump fans and tell me I'm an asshole. So you don't have to read further. Or just keep on reading.

A first note: I'm no fan, or never was of Clinton, quite the opposite. Because she was a warmonger (you saw the video where she laugĥed about the death of Gadhafi like a kid who has stolen another ones' toy ?). I mean, ALL of the "politicians" you have there serve their own ego, be it "democrats" or "republicans".

Same as in Europe. We just have more political parties, so it's easier to hide that - finally ALL follow their own interests. Otherwise there would be no lobbies, would there ? But what brings me to Trump now ?

Easy. He first of all doesn't give a shit about a level of balance in the world. America first ! If he would say USA first, ok. But that's just a detail. He's a businessman and not a politician, but a lot of people around the world have the feeling he's a blender. An actor. A Carrington or a Ewing. A Hulk. You see, businessmen are first of all politicans which are businessmen....

They sell themselves. Their ego. What comes out is mostly thin air because there's people behind them who do the WORK - not themselves. They just produce themselves on a national or international stage because they KNOW that people who KNOW how are there to set their stage. They're not born for the SPOTLIGHT. They just get the crumbs of the cake after and are often satisfied with that.

People on top who know how to WORK rarely have such an ego. They are what we call "les patrons". Clever people who have learned their business thoroughly and have started often as a simple apprentice or clerk. And THEY are mostly NOT in "politics". They don't need that ego surplus because they know what they're worth.

Trump is such an example. Loud mouth, and emotionally driven, he starts to destroy an economic and political system we had since WWII. One day he thinks and twitters that, the other day he twitters something else. I mean, this is world politics, not a kindergarden. One has to consider that there are different mentalities, cultures and histories. But neither Trump than his bulldog Bolton seem to know that - or they just don't give a shit and keep on.

I'm sure Trump has no "empire" dreams. He just wants to tell the other leaders: Hey, here I am. I am the prez and I have the weapons. Bow to me or fuck off. Pure narcissism. Bolton is not like that. He's the empire agenda with some others in the background.

Trump listens to them because he's used to yeasayers all his life. How can you ever learn to reflect globally when your environment kisses your ass all the time and tells you, you're right because they see a gain for themselves in it ?

No-one is right all the time. It's a learning process to say "Hey I'm wrong". But maybe Trump is too old for that.

Comments

Bill Kamps Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:38am
Stone, I dont think it is only ego.  I think Trump delights in pulling back the curtin on some myths that abound.  For example, we have a "free trade" agreement with Canada and Mexico, and because it is called a NAFTA, most people think that means there are no tariffs between the countries when they trade.  This  of course is nonsense, there are all kinds of tariffs in place, thousands probably on various things.  NAFTA simplified them, but did not eliminate them.

NAFTA is just political speak for free trade, just like the Affordable Care Act was also political speak.  My insurance premiums went up 300% under the "Affordable Care Act".

There are lots of things not to like about Trump.  The big thing most people dont like is that he wont conform to political niceties.  He insists on being politically incorrect.  Part of it is ego, part of it is theater, part of it is throwing red meat to his base, part of it is his form of fun.

I'm glad that at least Trudeau had that courage.

Trudeau was being a bit disingenuous acting like there are no tariffs in place and "how dare" Trump spoil this relationship by imposing tariffs where before there were none.  Nonsense, again lots of tariffs already in place.  He also waited until Trump was out of town before voicing his displeasure, kind of passive aggressive.

All part of the to and fro of negotiating in public.
George N Romey Added Jun 11, 2018 - 8:26am
SEF the real problems have nothing to do with Trump. He’s just the bull in the China closet. With HRC we would gotten trade deals that favor the corporations not workers dressed up as “pro growth policy.” Yes growth for corporate profits and C pay.
Women are Inferior Added Jun 11, 2018 - 9:07am
Stone head, as you aren't American and don't vote in American elections, I'd say that you have a problem, although WTF do U.S. politics have to do with you?
Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 11, 2018 - 9:11am
"although WTF do U.S. politics have to do with you?"

Dude, thats a silly question. What happens in the US affects everyone.

Cliff M. Added Jun 11, 2018 - 9:52am
Trump is a wild card. You get the good with the bad.Still another out to protect the wishes of the billionaire class while trumpeting to the choir. Messano , you are out of order. Stone is looking for insight not your slanted one sided politics.
Ryan Messano Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:12am
Nah, you leftists are out of order, Cliff.  You can’t name seven conservative news sites you’ve read in your entire life either.  Go get your home in order before you start lecturing me on order.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:17am
Michael and all

I told you already: Since US policy influences US I might as well have a right to speak out. And I'm NOT talking about tariffs or other economic regulations, I don't know enough of this.

What I accuse Trump of is his BEHAVIOR. That "looking down on others" and "I'm the greatest" attitude. Looks and gestures are often more tha words.

This doesn't work in the long run. EVERY leader has to respect others if he wants or not. Diplomacy that's called. Reaching a CONSENSUS to secure peace. Trying to understand the other's point of view and integrate them into a world view where everything is connected in the end.

When someone wants to be an island, that's ok. But then he has to keep to it and leave the rest alone. When it's "US first" that's ok. But then others also have the right so say "Me first".
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:26am
I deleted Ryan's comments, just like he does mine on his articles. I let myself be attacked by Michael, that's ok, or others. But this haywired Ryan guy has nothing to do here, especially when he attacks other users who commented here in his comments.

BTW: He is the only one I delete here. Just to make it clear. This ain't no mental ward here.

Bill Kamps Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:32am
Stone, yes his behavior is rude.  Nothing much we can do about it as this point.
Even A Broken Clock Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:45am
Stone, we shall see what happens Tuesday morning Singapore time when the two parties get together, and Donald Trump instantly takes the reading of the NK leader and decides that ..... ?

I applaud your stand against being bullied on this site by the abomination who has recently taken up residence again here.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:58am
Deleted more insults. The first one was on Mustafa, the second on Bill and the third on EABC.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 11:01am
EABC

I'm sure that Trump will try to make good weather. His advisers (apart from the shark Bolton) surely tell him that although the US is the biggest military power, that alone won't be sufficient in the long run to keep even the homeland in good economic and peaceful shape.

Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 11, 2018 - 11:38am
Ryan, when I read your comments,  they dont seem related to the post.
Try to state on point man

Mustafa
Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 11:40am
Ryan Messano,
It is not unheard of for middle-aged men to use the word 'dude.'
I may have used the word, myself, on these pages. It is a kind of a tongue in cheek thing. Invariably, I get a grin, when I address someone that way at work.

For you to ascribe a raft of negative attributes, and postulate an inaccurate history, over the facetious use of a word normally associated with skate punks, says more about you, than it does about the object of your venom.

Let's face it, Mustafa Kemal stood up to you, and you are rankled. It is little different than the ongoing feud between Jeff Michka and George N. Romey, though Mustafa never resorts to name-calling.

You seek openings in which to launch personal attacks and character assassinate. You are not fooling anyone, that it is anything other than a personality conflict.
You can rationalize until the cows come home, but Mustafa Kemal simply does not fit the false narrative that you are creating, simply because you don't care for him.

Although you are far more articulate, it is not an attractive look for you, to be emulating Jeff Michka, and the style he uses against his imagined nemesis, George N. Romey.

You are capable of much better, and it is a pity that you waste your considerable talents on ugly personal attacks. You must be aware that such attacks could backfire, and polarize people away from you.

I would like you to consider giving it a rest, something that would benefit both of you, and leave more time for productive debate.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 11:53am
Deleted more Ryan stuff. Sorry guys, but enough is enough. I neither tolerate ignorant fanatics nor personal insults on other users anymore.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 11, 2018 - 11:57am
Ryan

Post your own rants and insults on your own articles. You have left here about a year ago and have come back with the sole purpose to insult some of our most valuable writers here. You are a disoriented zero that needs professional mental help. Period. No more comments from you on my articles, ok ? You can insult me as much as you want on your own stuff.

Pray to your god to give you more insight and tolerance. If not, your faith is no more than a hollow shell.
Bill H. Added Jun 11, 2018 - 12:34pm

SEF - You've got him fuming for sure! A barrage of 3 comments within 23 minutes when he thought you weren't looking.
He reminds me of a little child peeking around the corner and sticking his tongue out at the school bully.
Bill H. Added Jun 11, 2018 - 12:36pm

Either the meeting with Kim will result in Trump walking out within a short period of time, or he will find that they both have so much in common, they will become the best of (dictator) buddies.
Nothing in the middle.
Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 11, 2018 - 12:51pm
Pardero,

Dude dont forget Townes Van Zandt

Tasine Holman Added Jun 11, 2018 - 12:56pm
Stone Eater, Trump was not elected to right the world.  He was elected to look out for US citizens and their nation.  He has done NOTHING wrong that I can see.  He does tweet, which even I DO NOT DO because I think it is childish, but if he wants to, he has the same  right to do so as do all other citizens ...... ergo, it is not a problem.  One does not have to be perfect to be a good leader.  One does not have to satisfy every voter.....but he DOES HAVE TO DO (if he wants any respect) AS HE PROMISED IN HIS CAMPAIGN, and TRUMP IS ONE OF THE FEW PRESIDENTS TO FOLLOW HIS PROMISES, AND HIS VOTERS LOVE HIM FOR THAT REASON.  He is not afraid of those who think all must follow the already made plans.  I care not if he is cute, funny, silly, or whatever.....he does that ONE THING FEW POLITICIANS DO:  HE IS DOING WHAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO AND HIS VOTERS ARE HAPPY ABOUT IT.  Sorry you cannot see truth when it is so very available.
EXPAT Added Jun 11, 2018 - 1:15pm
Stone. You know nothing about Trump and very little about America. That crap you read in your RT, and left sites, doesn't give you much insight either.
But you did get something right!

As he says constantly, The world is ripping off America, and the American working people! And you call this balance? America, gave Europe trade advantage after WWII to build their economy and return Europe to prosperity. Well, Trump is saying ITS OVER! Stand on your own, pay for your own defense, and trade fairly, or tariffs will make it level.

I don't like Trump as a person either, but he has accomplished so much, I have to praise his accomplishment. AMERICA IS BACK!
EXPAT Added Jun 11, 2018 - 1:25pm
Oh. I forgot, YOURE AN ASSHOLE STONE!
Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 1:42pm
Mustafa Kemal,
LMAO!
Best link of all time.
Dude, you rawk!

The Dude abides.
Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 1:53pm
Not his most famous or popular, but a simple, yet great, song by Townes Van Zandt.
If I Needed You Townes Van Zandt
Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 11, 2018 - 2:43pm
Pardero, I have loved that song for a long time.  Thanks for some very pleasant minutes of break from work.

re:"Best link of all time."
Better than
Quintana?

Mustafa
Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 2:58pm
LOL
That is great stuff!
I am likely to be checking out some more clips.
Morgoth Added Jun 11, 2018 - 4:07pm
I also have a problem with Donald the Thud.  You are not alone, Stone.
Dave Volek Added Jun 11, 2018 - 4:11pm
Pardero
Fantastic song. I have the TVZ album where he sings this at the Houston nightclub. Very emotional.

Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 4:30pm
Dave Volek,
That is terrific! That makes at least 3 of us who are fans of Townes Van Zandt's music.
I only have a 'best of' compilation, and really need a concert album, like yours.
Dave Volek Added Jun 11, 2018 - 4:59pm
Stone

Whether you like the fellow or not, it is irrelevant. 30% of Americans like this fellow a lot--and that is a real political force. Even if Mr. Trump did not win the election, that political force would not have gone away.

Pardero Added Jun 11, 2018 - 5:47pm
Stone-Eater,
Trump was my third choice after Rand Paul and Ted Cruz.(not counting Jim Webb)

Although I do not appreciate his style, tweet storms, and never-ending brouhaha, he is actually making some headway on his campaign promises.

The biggest differences that he has made, are not even measurable in the form of passed legislation. As counter-intuitive as it sounds, he has made good use of the 'bully pulpit,' and that would include his tweets.

As far as foreign relations, he has not yet done anything that can't be walked back, just as Obama's agenda was. He was sabotaged by the previous administration, and constrained by Congress in his dealings with Russia. He has done pretty well, considering the extremely polarized climate that he inherited.

I am not entirely pleased, nor displeased, but sometimes you must over correct before finding equalibrium. I expect him to be re-elected handily.
James Travil Added Jun 11, 2018 - 6:17pm
I voted for Trump because the alternative was almost certain nuclear war with Russia and human extinction under Hillary Clinton. Trump has proven to be an idiot like Obama and Bush but not particularly worse than either. He's not been very good at following his campaign promises (regarding Syria, Russia, and states rights) but neither were past Presidents.
opher goodwin Added Jun 11, 2018 - 6:35pm
I have the same problem Stone.
Leroy Added Jun 11, 2018 - 6:38pm
"Let's hope that Trump does behave with Kim. They don't have to make a deal straight away, but Trump has to learn to accept opposition. In that sense I'm glad that at least Trudeau had that courage."

Let's hope Trudeau doesn't browbeat Trump.

What's wrong with America first?  All leaders should put their people first and Trump has said this as well.  What is the alternative?  That you sacrifice your own people for some greater world good?  I am sick of the Europhiles political leaders in the US.  For reasons I have never understood, both the US and Europe have always given China a free ride.  I suppose it is the attraction of such a large market.  Trump, to his credit, is calling out the Chinese.  They steal intellectual property.  For the life of me, I can't understand why Germany allowed China to steal its wind turbine technology.  Germany should put Germans first.

Trump has the right idea.  Eliminate all tariffs.  My guess is that Europe is too afraid to compete head to head with the US.  I say let the US apply the same tariffs as the rest of the world.  Let the US put the same tariffs on cars as Germany puts on US made cars.

Cliff M. Added Jun 11, 2018 - 6:45pm
Ryan,Drudge is the main site I refer to. Left, right or center . It's all there.
Morgoth Added Jun 11, 2018 - 6:52pm
@Dave Volek:
”It may be advantageous for America and the world to go through this experiment now rather than later--and with a much smarter individual at the helm.”

I agree.  Problem is Trump pried open a door with his tiny little hands that a smarter person might stroll through.
James Travil Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:05pm
"What's wrong with America first? All leaders should put their people first and Trump has said this as well. What is the alternative?  "
I don't think that the concept of (the United States of) America first is a problem, it's when the USA forces it's will on other countries that causes a problem.
Jeff Michka Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:06pm
n thinks about music like he does about sex. LOL  When you're that bald ("But Dad, that guy doesn't have enough hair to scalp."-my son reading Ryan's personal attack against him), You know that music will never touch his soul. He doesn't have a soul to be touched.
Dave Volek Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:09pm
JK

A year ago, I read Asimov's two prequel novels to the Foundation Series. These were written in the 1990s to tie the original three foundation books with the robot series.

I am re-reading these novels and getting a lot more out of them than last year. I would say that Asimov foresaw some of the tumultuous politics we are seeing today. He is giving us signs of a declining civilization. He just could be regarded as a modern prophet.

Mr. Trump is not politically astute enough to pull off something like a "suspension of the constitution". The next guy might--and the 30% base will fall in step, even though it means losing many of their liberties.

Dino Manalis Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:11pm
 I have lots of problems with Trump, but he's politically inexperienced and quickly learning.
Cliff M. Added Jun 11, 2018 - 7:15pm
Stone, The ordinary American has been ignored for a long time.Trump realizes this and is playing this card.He's a rude New York businessman where anything goes.How this turns out is anybodies guess.He really has the cash flow running uphill and the top must be thrilled. I give him credit for trying to get shit done. Not thrilled with the results.
Jeff Michka Added Jun 11, 2018 - 9:02pm
Hey, Cliff, Trump is just another "real estate developer" with all the trappings, and folks can't expect anything from him, save him being a real estate developer.  Think folks like Bill H knows what I mean.  I remember a time in a public meeting where a local "Trump" who also owned the Seattle Seahawks, and he didn't like what I told the council.  He turned around and with an angry look said, "You'll never work another day in your life."  LOL.  Real estate developers aren't even human beings, Trump or another.  Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jun 11, 2018 - 9:16pm
You must be reading comic books or government supplied text books to come to this conclusion, "People on top who know how to WORK rarely have such an ego."  Not even close to reality.

More evidence.  Is Lincoln, Grant, Clinton, and Truman written out of text books, "The ones who are in politics have either have rich parents and went to elite universities, or gained their connections and fortune through family history and heritage."  This is true in Europe.

Trump have faced depositions multiple times.  He can be very controlled if the situation requires it.  Verbal chaos is a tool that unnerves his opponents.
George N Romey Added Jun 11, 2018 - 10:23pm
Trump for all his bluster is well out of his league.  The long time Deep State operatives in the military, financial and corporate spheres saw him coming a mile away.  Clearly his experience in the world of commercial real estate didn't prepare him with dealing with the most vicious, evil and dishonest group of people ever to roam the Earth.
Ward Tipton Added Jun 12, 2018 - 12:59am
Like it or not, Trump was elected precisely because he is not part of the American Aristocracy or Establishment Elite, even if he was part of the "hated Corporate world" that routinely purchases and leases politicians and diplomats and trades them as if they were no more than political commodities ... as that is in reality, all that our uniparty "two party" system allows for these days.

As you noted, there are numerous parties in Europe, allowing for more time for politicians to fight each and other and leaving less time for them to oppress the people ... though they still do that to a great degree ... but, given the recent "awakening" of the American people to the very real political threat of career politicians, look for more like Trump to make the national stage.
Ward Tipton Added Jun 12, 2018 - 1:04am
@Dave

Try reading Heinlein if you want a great read on American Politics. His series covers multiple generations of dystopic governance ... though more subtly nuanced in presentation than the works of Asimov.
Flying Junior Added Jun 12, 2018 - 3:21am
Stone,

I remember the moment when you made your concern public.

As a resident of California, I can only thank the Goddess that DJT was nice enough to walk back his threat of mutually assured destruction with bad haircut man, Jong-Un.  I don't really believe that China would have backed up Kim in a nuclear war.  But it wouldn't have made very much difference after I was already dead.

I am extremely happy that Trump has taken the steps necessary to prevent a nuclear attack on the West Coast of the United States.

After this laughable fifteen minute visit between the two peas in a pod, I no longer fear a nuclear warhead aimed at Los Angeles.

Trump is a fucking demon from hell.  He is the worst politician ever to gain power since Hitler.  That was my mantra these three years.

Hillary?

She's just a sweet little lady...

Crazy RW fucks and all of your stupid propaganda.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 3:55am
"Trump is a fucking demon from hell. He is the worst politician ever to gain power since Hitler.  "
Based on what, your say so? Back it up with real world facts or prove to us all that you are a liar and unhinged psychopath.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 3:58am
Remember it was the bloodthirsty warmonger psychopath Hillary Clinton who threatened nuclear war with Russia and human extinction. That is the "sweet little old lady" evil demon bitch that said a million dead Iraqi children was worth it who you worship. The monster who you would have allowed to terminate the human species you vermin slug. I hope you understand that.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:05am
Remember it is the Democratic "resistance" that supports warmonger neocons like John McCain, torture, and neoliberals like Obama. The same "resistance" that is assistance to Trump's war crimes in Syria and supports the illegal Nazi coup in Ukraine in 2014, supports the illegal NSA surveillance programs and "Patriot Act" not to mention the illegal drone murder program. Nice huh? This is the kind of neoliberal scum that garbage like Flying Junior represents.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:06am
Where is your propaganda now Flying Asswipe?
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:12am
Expert commentary on what a Hillary presidency would have meant - Article: Does A Hillary Presidency Mean Nuclear War with Russia? | OpEdNews - https://www.opednews.com/articles/Does-A-Hillary-Presidency-by-lila-york-Election_Hillary-Clinton_Hillary-Clinton_Nuclear-War-161022-464.html
Flying Junior Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:16am
Ha ha.  Your political position is so laughable as to only faintly resemble a deceived U.S. conservative.  There is no way in hell you are a Bernie Sanders supporter.  I have met plenty.

I think you have a new ally on the WB.  Some crazy RW fuck who goes by the name of Luther Wu.

He said the exact same shit about Hillary and DWS rigging the democratic primaries.

Are you sure that you are not living in a former state of the CCCP?

How many friends are you making on the WB?

If you are a moderate, I'm the son of Ronald Wilson Reagan.

Moderate cognitive impairment would be closer to the truth.

James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:24am
Ryan says I'm a liberal you say I'm not, that's pretty much proof I'm a moderate. You have provided exactly ZERO proof of your claim of Trump = OMG literal Hitler. Dumbass. I backed mine with a Progressive website. That's checkmate you neoliberal FRAUD. Your useless Russophobic bullshit only further serves to provide proof that you are a racist fuck. Please keep posting your comments, you just continue to look like the nutjob you are.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:28am
And BTW Flying Asswipe it is a proven fact that Hillary's friends  rigged the primarys for her. Everyone else on planet Earth knows this via the WikiLeaks DNC leaks data. Your bloodthirsty psychopath idol can't even win the primarys without cheating. Pathetic, just like you you subhuman vermin fuck.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:35am
BTW 2, Flying Liar I have never, ever said I was a Bernie Sanders supporter because I never was. I am a moderate not a Progressive. I did say one of my ladies is a progressive and was a Sanders supporter, the other is a conservative and was a Trump supporter. Maybe you did too many shrooms and got confused, or maybe you are just a delusional troll liar like your clone Ryan.
Flying Junior Added Jun 12, 2018 - 4:55am
I have no idea what is wrong with you James.  I have enough of a sense of humor to consider you a frenemy.

I only said that Trump was the biggest political mistake since Hitler.  I didn't say he was as bad as Hitler.

Give him some time.  It took several years before Hitler began loading humans on cattle trains.

Once again, you make it all so clear.  The phony point-of-view of a RW saboteur who pretends that Bernie Sanders was a good and decent politician.

Nobody but nobody on the WB that I have met so far supported Sanders in the primaries or as an independent candidate in the general election.  He's just a convenient problem to blame on HRC, DWS and the DNC.

That's why we are all so happy!  Because DJT isn't all that bad in  comparison.

WTF planet are you from?  If this shit keeps up, soon you will have to convince me that you are even an Earthling from Russia.
Flying Junior Added Jun 12, 2018 - 5:01am

Actually you blew me right out of the water when you disavowed any support for Sanders.  At least I was correct.  You are not a Sanders supporter.

Only problem being that was your last life-supporting link to sanity.

You're a fucking Trumpie.  You voted for the monster.  Own it
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:13am
All

Thank you for your comments. I know that Expat thinks that I'm an asshole, and that's ok. He's got his opinion, I've got mine. But he's not as irrational as Ryboy.

Therefore I deleted more of his insults directed at me and other writers here. And I'll keep doing it.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:14am
BTW:

IF Trumps can really achieve something in North Korea with Kim, I applaud it - as long as it's not only a manoeuver to be able to mass US troops closer to the Chinese/Russian border in case that Korea gets united again after so long.

Time will tell.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:16am
BTW2:

Sorry to have no time to read all your comments - at work. But I'll surely do it later :-)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:20am
James

My words. I have nothing to add. It should be easy to understand that. But Caesar didn't understand it and the Brits and others didn't as well. And the outcome is known ;-)

Thanks for you always valuable comments.
opher goodwin Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:10am
Now he seems to be picking a trade war and making enemies with the whole G7. He's also throwing NATO up in the air. He's a menace.
Tasine Holman Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:41am
No, opher, you and your buddies are the menace.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:42am
Oph

He's an actor. I would compare him to older singers like Sinatra, Rod Stewart or even Alice Cooper. They need the stage for their own sake. It's not about the world, it's about themselves. Most politicians are like that but few get the BIG stage.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:45am
Tasine

opher, you and your buddies are the menace.

Could you please give us a reason why you think that without insulting anyone, like Ryan does ? Thanks :-)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:51am
I guess the problem is THE OCEAN. Why ? Because we in Europe can follow events more closely and are not influenced by hooray patriotism and flags and prayers the same way as US-Americans are.

We have fucked up a lot in the world in the last centuries around the world. But many of us have hoped that the "new world" across the ocean would have learnt from our mistakes, but - no.

Why haven't they ?

It goes deeper than that.
George N Romey Added Jun 12, 2018 - 8:25am
It would appear that even Trump has made the press look like idiots after his successful meeting with the little fat Korean dude. That would have never happened under HRC. Again a buffoon is able to outshine the press, the establishment and the Democratic Party.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 8:33am
George

Wait for his next tweet....
Leroy Added Jun 12, 2018 - 8:47am
"Hey, Cliff, Trump is just another "real estate developer" with..."

Maybe it's a real estate developer who we need.  Did you see the presentation he gave the little Rocket Man:  beach-side hotels, condos, and speedboats?  What dictator wouldn't give up his nukes for such a vision of the future?
wsucram15 Added Jun 12, 2018 - 9:29am
SEF..
This entire article and thread was great. Your interactions with Ryan are as always comical.
But the above comment is true-"Because they are our breed. US-Americans are no more than European expatriates. Heritage, customs, religion and ways of thinking doesn't change by inventing McDonalds (Pennywise)."
Also we didnt learn.  We are Americans..we are exceptional.  Haven't you read the press releases?
I dont think anyone on here knows what would have happened with Clinton, its a guess.  But Trump is a mess.  Its a noble effort..I am sure with good intentions somewhere, but he has become the person he swore to over take.   Its just politics and media baby.

Also..I despise McDonalds. The only ff worth a bothering with here is maybe Arbys or Chick-filet-a, if you like chicken.  Sometimes you luck out and find a great pizza place somewhere.
Leroy Added Jun 12, 2018 - 9:53am
"It would appear that even Trump has made the press look like idiots after his successful meeting with the little fat Korean dude."

But, the press is whining that the agreement is not complete.  The gulags still exists.  The Rocket Man is still in power.  The nukes haven't disappeared.  It is amazing what they expect from Trump after a day of meetings.  They blast him for not preparing.  You don't need years of planning to implement an agreement on the path forward.  You work out the grand plan then let the underlings negotiate the details.

The Democrats will call for an investigation to investigate collusion with the North Koreans.  They tried to hack the elections too.  And, now they have proof.  Trump presented his plan that included hotels.  The North Koreans are bribing him.  They own him.  I haven't seen it yet, but it is coming.
Leroy Added Jun 12, 2018 - 9:58am
"We're more bound to earth and know our limits. We are neither god's own people nor god's own country. We just ARE."

When did that revelation take place, Stoney? or is it just your vision of how it should be?

No need to be jealous of the hamburger.  Yes.  We took it from Germany.  Like all the third world countries, Europe didn't realize what it had.  It took an American to exploit the idea...lol.
Katharine Otto Added Jun 12, 2018 - 11:39am
Stone,
I see Trump as a salesman, and his ego is part of his sales pitch.  His Twitter habit engages the little people, who feel involved, whether they like him or not.  He also keeps communication lines open, with people like Kim Jong-un, Putin, and Xi of China, claiming he likes them as people, even if he insults their governments.  He respects Kim enough to meet with him, the first US president to do that in how long?

I suspect he will even be telling the world he likes Trudeau, too, in time.  Yes, he is a cage rattler, and there's a lot to dislike about him, but his unsettling ways, for now, are keeping the nuclear threats at bay.
Ian Thorpe Added Jun 12, 2018 - 12:18pm
Stoney, I was going to make a really important comment on this, but I've forgotten what it was now, and I have sore sides from laughing at the contributions from some of the commenters (both left and right).
Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 12, 2018 - 12:41pm
Ian, if that is the case you should check out Katharine Otto's post on Trump' tariffs.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 12:50pm
2 more insults on me from Ryboy deleted.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 12:58pm
Ian

All (most) commenters here express their opinions in a civil way, and that's they way it should be, I mean we're not a kindergarten here.

I understand when people defend their home country and their actions, because they have the media which tell them what is "right or wrong", and often people only have their local paper for orientation because not everybody knows how to use Internet or even more understands foreign languages to get other perspectives.

But people like Ryboy who are apparently at home on the "new" media and have enough knowledge should stand above personal insults and should be able to accept opposite views.

So much for now. My POV is my POV, and there's no reason to get excited when someone has another.

Yawn. G'nite :-)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 1:00pm
BTW: Eventual typos are a result of my bad eyesight. Pardon me.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 1:04pm
Katharine

As usual a reflected comment in my view. Thanks....except...he's UNPREDICTABLE. And that's our problem here in Europe. It's like the kid who gets his favorite breakfast each morning but once it gets something else it gets hysterical. And a kid that has the possibility to punish the whole world for getting the wrong breakfast is making us shiver.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 1:08pm
Leroy

Yep. We didn't. We fucked it all up. And the US follows in our footsteps. And THAT's the tragedy !
Stone-Eater Added Jun 12, 2018 - 1:22pm
Jeanne

You know I appreciate you very much. And I thank you for understanding our feelings across the pond, as so many other US-Americans here on WB do too. To some others I just say:

Silence is golden - The Tremeloes

...
Cliff M. Added Jun 12, 2018 - 5:09pm
Leroy, I think Trump enjoys putting on the show and the sales spiel most about the politics.As a real estate developer and one of the best of the current era not using his ability and building prowess to the max is a huge waste.
EXPAT Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:12pm
Stone and Jeanne. The food police.
Keep up the good work of saving people from themselves. Left alone they always make bad choices. It is up to PROGRESSIVES to show them the right way to live!

You asked to be called an ASSHOLE, in the first sentence of your article, Stone. You have become a victim in your own mind, and love being insulted. That is what an inferiority complex does. You've also become quite the coward lately, with your delete button.

The child who cannot make good grades, often tries to shock the class with outrageous responses, insults, and bad behavior.
EXPAT Added Jun 12, 2018 - 6:21pm
By the way. Americans started out as Europeans, but within a couple of generations, out grew the outmoded European servility. Later immigrants found their American BOSSES, quite the tyrants, and had to learn independence quickly. Something Europe is still struggling with.

Trump says, stand on your own two feet and deal mano y mano; and you progressives whine he is attacking his allies. Trump is making fools of all of you.
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:17pm
"If you didn't support Sanders, why would you even care about this ridiculous canard that the DNC robbed Sanders of the nomination?"
Because corruption is wrong and the DNC is totally corrupt. If you had any decency or even a small sense of right and wrong you wouldn't have to ask this. Typical Democrat. Corrupt fucks like the ones who run the DNC are why my progressive lady partner left the Democratic Party for the Green Party after the election tampering (the REAL election tampering in the primarys which was proven, not the make believe Russiagate conspiracy theories nonsense for which zero evidence exists).
James Travil Added Jun 12, 2018 - 7:31pm
And I do "own" the fact that when the choices became Trump or Hillary I voted for the lesser of the two evils, Trump, who is about the same as Obama and Bush as far as bad presidents go. You Flying Junior voted for the racist warmonger psychopath Hillary, nuclear war with Russia and human extinction. Own that!
Jeff Michka Added Jun 12, 2018 - 8:14pm
Wow, surprised (a bit) by who is going at each other over non-issues like Hillary.  Hillary ran a very bad campaign, period.  Whether she had pland for WWIII or not is a matter of conjecture.  Her campaign decided it was more fun to believe their own press: "Hillary can't lose," and promptly infected her whole campaign structure with that bush league, death-in-politics "can't lose" crapola.  My money literally got put on TRUMP after hearing that.  And it was fun, if galling to collect winnings in November, but money won went to good causes.  As much as rightists want to crow about "if you call us racists, we'll get mad and not change our ways or minds", like they would anyway Hillary isn't President.  Barack Obama isn't President, the Orange Il Duce is President.  All on him, folks, no question about it.  Maybe TARUMP'S FLAW WILL BE "My 'base' will NEVER desert me, even though they aren't back to work or winning so much they can't stand it."
Louis E Weeks Added Jun 12, 2018 - 9:51pm
I am working out some details on my own Trump story and it will be pretty complicated so I just want to offer a short reply.

What have the wax museum professional politicians done for Americans in the last 30+ years?   Is it really better to screw the voters over but look and sound good doing it?  Give me the honest big mouth over the back stabbing professional politicians any day.

But that is just me, but Trump winning and Bernie doing very well seems to prove that average Americans are getting sick and tired ot the "Washington as usual" professional class politicians.
Women are Inferior Added Jun 12, 2018 - 9:58pm
Stone Head - "Since US policy influences US I might as well have a right to speak out."

Of course you do. As Swiss banking systems and laws have been highly conducive to massive and widespread criminal activity and corruption on this entire planet, including GENOCIDE, for many decades now, I guess I should be writing Swiss politicians in order to make them aware of my outrage. Wait a minute...would Swiss politicians GIVE A RAT'S FUCKING ASS ABOUT WHAT AN AMERICAN THINKS? No, probably not! As Swiss and other politicians are usually too busy dealing with their own constituents to pay much attention to what anonymous foreigners think, I wonder why on Earth you seem to think that American politicians should be any different. As usual, your rantings are indistinguishable from those of Pravda and Isvestia back in their Cold War heyday.
Bill H. Added Jun 12, 2018 - 11:39pm
Trump can get away with anything, thanks to his subservient base.
I mean, if you can alienate and insult your long-time allies during the same week that you cuddle up and kiss the ass of your worst adversaries and still have your minions waving the flag and cheering you on, that must be great!
If any other President of either party had ever done this, the minions would be tearing their hair out and shitting their pants.
Ward Tipton Added Jun 12, 2018 - 11:48pm
Bill H.

Are you by chance referring to the efforts of Clinton v1.0 and Carter who gave the People's Republic of North Korea the nuclear technology to begin with?

Funny. I do not remember the Democrats being so enraged by that.

Perhaps you are referring to Obama and his efforts in Crimea or the Middle East actively pursuing regime change in sovereign and independent nations irrespective of the desires of the people therein?

Nope. Funny, I do not remember the democrats being so enraged by that either?

Perhaps you are referring to Obama merely droning and bombing the crap out of independent nations rather than placing a truly evil administrative (and temporary) delay on the entry of those people into our nation?

Nope? No similar outrage there either?

Or perhaps you just wax poetic about what the mainstream press would have us believe regardless of any real facts?
Bill H. Added Jun 13, 2018 - 1:24am

Don't assume what you think I may have thought about past events. My focus is on what is happening now. If Trump told his base tomorrow that they need to concentrate on eliminating pollution and do whatever possible to curb global warming, the diehard Trumpies would change direction immediately and begin a "save the environment" movement and all of a sudden "discover" that we need to make moves to alternative energy.
I guarantee it!
Flying Junior Added Jun 13, 2018 - 2:41am
Well my Dad liked Bernie Sanders.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 3:04am
Me too
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 3:05am
Let's just wait and see. We can't do anything ourselves anyway

Alton Wroten Added Jun 13, 2018 - 6:28am
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 6:34am
Alton

Right. We can take care of ourselves when one lets us. US troops and weapons out of Europe, and we won't blame the US for letting us having good relations with Russia LOL
Alton Wroten Added Jun 13, 2018 - 7:02am
Fantasy world. Our troops and weapons have been there for two reasons. Europe can't defend itself and half of Europe has a history of not behaving themselves. You're welcome for the 300,000+ Americans who died for your weakness. How about we take our portion of the NATO budget and start another mutual (ie, the US pays for it) defense pact, say, with Poland and the other Eastern European countries. They'll go with strength while they have Putin on their borders. So Europe will be left with Britain, France, Italy, and various minor players. You may want to look up "Finlandization" as a reference for what your version of Europe will look like. And keep an eye on the Germans. Seems they get antsy about borders when we're not around.
Tasine Holman Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:05am
Bill, I really do hate to tell you this, but there is NOTHING ABNORMAL about the weather.  It is NATURE.  The weather has gone from horrid freezing to almost unbearable heat - over and over and over again.  The only real effect we can have on nature's weather is to accept it and learn to appreciate nature.  You can say anything you wish, but in this case if you cannot accept nature, you will be a lost soul.  IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.  Nature is nature whether or not you approve of it.  You have no idea of what nature will do once you start tampering with it.  Your thinking is DANGEROUS TO SOCIETY.   PLEASE GET A LIFE.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:14am
Expat

Whatever. Tell you one thing: I'm fed up of having infantile creeps commenting on my articles who only seem to have the intention to insult and tell the world that they know so much more than anybody else.

If you think that this can be called cowardly, so be it. And, no, sorry. I don't have an inferiority complex. But I'm not arrogant as well. I just try to be balanced.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:18am
Michael

You might have noticed that I'm not at all agreeing on whatever shit our Swiss government does, as so many US-Americans don't agree with Bolt(on)s and other Nuts. But - we're all small fish in the pond.

And since I'm all else than a patriot for any country I couldn't care less :-)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:22am
Wroten

The US really has behaved itself exemplary since WWII. I mean it needs guts to change regimes all over the place and invade other countries. I would prefer you to stay off before I risk to reply in a less polite manner. Bye. Or as Jeffry says: Mind the gap between train and platform.

Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:28am
BTW:

The Germans are our cousins, and the Russians are our neighbors. I doubt that a US-American who lives 5000 or more miles away from here can even have the slightest idea of what's going on here. I have no idea what life in California is like today. Whenever you have the chance to figure out that there's not only Fox or CNN to get an idea about today's world don't hesitate to ask a friend on how to get alternative information - or come here. We do speak English as well.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:36am
......actually who cares about Hillary Clinton ? I remember that name somehow like I remember a French president named Hollande. No, not a Dutch guy.....whatever LOL
Ward Tipton Added Jun 13, 2018 - 8:47am
@Alton

"Foreigners are entitled to an opinion about US politics, they just aren't entitled to have us care about them."

Except when they are the ones voting in the elections.
Ian Thorpe Added Jun 13, 2018 - 9:51am
Mike B, the problem you (or i or any of us exceot Stone Eater would have in exercising our right to express opinions on Swiss politicians is Swiss politicians are so blandly insignificant nobody but the Swiss, and probably not that many of them, have ever heard of any Swiss politicians. William Tell is the most recent one I know anything about.
But perhaps that is why Switzerland is a successful nation.
Bill H. Added Jun 13, 2018 - 10:34am

Tasine - I was only using that statement as an example of how Trump supporters will virtually go along with anything he says or wants, like a puppy on a leash.
Oh, and I am quite aware of your mindset from previous articles and comments, so I would expect fully that you are required to be a human-assisted climate change denier.
If your search engine is not too bubbleized, try doing some research on things like the present rate in the increase of average world temperatures versus past events and such.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 11:46am
Ian

Modesty can pay off. And understatement as well. Right, Mr. Trump ? No ! Bad ! Sad ! Rocket Man fuck off ! Kim my good friend !

Yawn *sigh* *shake head* ;-)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 11:48am
BTW: William Tell never existed. It's "fake old's" LOL
Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 11:49am
BTW: Same thing as Jesus F. Christ. People create heroes to get some orientation. Apparently.
Jeff Michka Added Jun 15, 2018 - 7:06pm
 oL' Leroy wants to tell you how North Korea will be the subject of endless investigations....you mean like Clinton's EMAIL has been, or subject of House floor votes like the 50  attempts to repeal the ACA?   Rightist like to always have whine served with their talking points, so surprise?  No...but same old crap,
Jeff Michka Added Jun 15, 2018 - 7:12pm
And WHAT IS AMAZING IS HOW THERE'S BEEN NO DISCOURAGNG WORDS ABOUT IL DUCE'S LOVE OF KIM'S TACTICS IN GOVERNNG north kOREA.  Once again, Trump expresses his love of a nasty dictator's tactic he'd like as his own, and you silly ass Trumpists would let him get away with it.  Or just be silent...
Tasine Holman Added Jun 16, 2018 - 9:10am
Bill - Interesting read at  http://web.stanford.edu/~meehan/donnellyr/summary.html

Also visit   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_environmental_history#10th_millennium_BC

Ian Thorpe Added Jun 16, 2018 - 10:57am
Stoney, I fully approve of understatement, being British. We specialise in the stuff. Modesty however, is the phoniest of all virtues (well except for sincerity.) Both are always false.
There have been politicians who believed in the concept of public service, but each and every one of them believed they were, above all other candidates, the best person to serve the public.
And how can you tell me William Tell never existed, when it's well known he wrote the theme tune for The Lone Ranger :-)

Recent Articles by Writers Stone-Eater follows.