DRAFT: You are not the idea of white you think you are

<p>I have no "white" grandchildren. I have two grandchildren who look white, but are both a quarter Hispanic. I have one grandchild who is half black. I have two wonderful step grandchildren who are black. I am perfectly content with this, maybe because I have at least one Native American great-great grandfather (during one of the last Comanche raids in North Texas, there were, according to the newspaper, "outrages"), and there are rumors that one of my great-great grandmothers on the other side of the family was a Jew, though she converted to Christian before she married. So my nice Celtic blood is already "tainted".</p> <p>&#160;</p> <p>Of course the whitest of white Americans almost always have non-European ancestors. There was the incursion of the Asians, not to mention all the non-European slaves the Greeks and Romans added to the gene pool. Plus all the raped slaves here in the US.</p> <p>&#160;</p> <p>So there is really no such thing as a "white" person. Even in the old days, people travelled and people had sex with strangers (whether they wanted to or not). You aren't "white", or at least, you are not the idea of white you think you are.&#160;</p>

Comments

Dave Volek Added Jun 13, 2018 - 1:39pm
I have an acquaintance whose family takes pride in their long family history in Canada, coming from the original settlers. When they researched the family tree, they found one of the matriarchal ancestors of 1850 took abode with a run-away slave from the USA. The child of this arrangement did marry back into white lineage. But the "damage" was done.

I am 50% Ukrainian. When Chengis Khan invaded that part of the world, he and his soldiers had their fun with the local ladies. There is a little Mongel blood mixed in this European race. I should get one of those DNA tests to find out how much, but . . . .

Stone-Eater Added Jun 13, 2018 - 1:48pm
Who gives a shit about color ? Idiots. And idiots are not worth listening to.
Bill H. Added Jun 13, 2018 - 2:23pm
Otrame - Thanks for some blunt truth out here!
Some won't be able to handle this FACT.
Leroy Added Jun 13, 2018 - 7:36pm
The idea of a European continent and an Asian continent is a little racist to begin with.  In reality, it is all one big continent, Eurasia, if you will.

It is not so much the color of your skin or the slant of your eyes as it is the ideology that you accept.  Western ideology is associated with whiteness and it is unfortunate. The Japanese are largely in the Western camp.

They say that O was half white, but in reality, he was mostly white in his gene pool.  Nevertheless, he identified with his African heritage.    All of this white hate is largely the result of our previous president.
Mustafa Kemal Added Jun 14, 2018 - 12:11am
otrame,
re: "You are not the idea of white you think you are"
I suppose the truth of what you say will cause cognitive dissonance in some.

For me, just as I never understood why I was supposed to be a Caucasian, I even less understood what it meant to be white.
I think they just started using the word white because nobody undertood what it meant to be Caucasian. At present the only Caucasian that I know is Joseph Stalin.

And then when the forms ask for my race, i cant find a box that fits.
Where is the "mutt" box?
I find the whole idea a bit tedious.
But i enjoyed your post.

Mustafa
Stone-Eater Added Jun 14, 2018 - 8:58am
Caucasian ?

Am I, as being a 100% pure Swiss breed since 1577 (confirmed) a Caucasian ? Caucasus is about 2000 km from here. My, that sperm made a long trip then LOL

Joke aside: This is all bullshit. Only people who lack self-confidence have the need to point out that they're somewhat special in color or heritage or nationality or or or.....
Morgoth Added Jun 14, 2018 - 9:12am
I am whiter than snow.  I don’t tan, I broil.
I want mankind to get to the point where this whole color thing is irrelevant.  Sadly I think we will all blow each other to hell long before that happens.
Louis E Weeks Added Jun 14, 2018 - 11:16am
Mostly politically inclined people worry about race.  I am a mix myself with two Native Americans, Germans, French, and Irish all mixed in and that is just what I know about, never been curious to see if there was anything "hidden" in there anywhere, lol.

Partisans try to make everything about race, but the rest of us live and work and play and just do our best in life without ever being preoccupied or motivated in any decision based on race of those we interact with.

Now I do have some strong issues against certain partisans who exploit the racial issues, but again my problem is them and their dishonest conduct, not their racial makeup.
Luther Wu Added Jun 14, 2018 - 11:29am
If it's true that our ancestors all walked out of Africa, then all Americans are sort of African Americans.

Ok, I'll stop.
Pardero Added Jun 14, 2018 - 11:58am
otrame,
Whether or not, you wish to quibble about a "white" race, I notice that blacks are not as reluctant to identify with a color or race.

I have some small instruction in haplogroups, races, etc. I wrote a little article, much concerned with an ethnic origins DNA test that I took. I assure you that there are races, even if there was much mixing where races met. Most ethnic origins tests use the term 'European,' rather than white. Geographical terms seem to be less controversial than racial ones, though less accurate. Actual terms would be Negroid, Caucasoid, Mongoloid, etc.

Since DNA tests are able to determine specific ethnic groups, such as Hungarian, I don't doubt that they can determine race. I recommend that you take such a test, and get the facts, rather than relying on conjecture, myth, or feel good happy malarkey.

You may pleased to learn that "whites," or Europeans, are a small fraction of the world's population. The percentage has been dropping precipitously for generations, and in 200 years, the west will be similar to India, with various shades of brown, according to estimates based on trends.

This 'white problem' that concerns you, appears to be resolving itself. Just as honeybees and bumblebees could eventually face extinction, we have other types of bees to take their place, albeit filling a somewhat different niche in the ecosystem.