Children as Weapons

I was on my way to a meeting with the Army Corps of Engineers in the Green Zone. We went from Camp Victory, close to Baghdad Airport, down route Irish . We were protected by South African Mercenaries, similar to Black Water.

The last armored vehicle, a modified Ford Explorer, housed a heavy machine gun and light automatic weapons.

A red Volvo station wagon,without license plates, full of Iraqi's closed on the saftey zone. There is a bi lingual warning to remain 100 meters back. They did this several times. My crew fired a flare at the road as warning, they again closed at high speed. Small arms fired at the road in front of them, made them back off. Again they came at high speed, and the heavy machine gun destroyed the motor of the vehicle, and set it on fire!

Later we found out that there were 6 young children and 3 women in the car, who had been kidnapped by Iraqi Insurgents. The children were burned and one woman killed. The insurgents ran away. Al Jazeerra, got there before the Iraqi police and took many photos of the American atrocity.

Palestinian Arabs living in Gaza, constantly send children to throw rocks at Israeli border guards, hoping to provoke a shooting. Teens stab civilian settlers, and soldiers hoping to be killed and go to Allah. Golda Meier once said, “WE will have peace, when Palestinian mothers love their children, more than they hate Jews.”

A mentally handicapped 17 year old Palestinian girl, who was being treated at a border Israeli hospital, was found with a bomb vest, that did not go off in the hospital treatment room.

Around the world, children are sacrificed in gas attacks, mass slaughter, kidnapped as wives for radicals, or killed for playing soccer during prayer time.

In America, unborn fetuses are political tools of the right, to control women, and gain support from religious zealots, . School children are taught that two mommies or daddies are normal. First graders who know nothing about sex, are taught to put condoms on cucumbers, in preparation for the future.

Now, after 8 years of separating children from adults who claim to be their parents, Democraps are outraged at Trumps inhumanity for enforcing Obama Policy. It only took Democraps nine years to become compassionate over minor immigrants! Do you think Trumps election had anything to do with their sudden burst of humanitarianism?
If they were sincere in their concern, they would have settled the Immigration issue nine years ago when they had a majority in the house and senate, as well as the presidency. That was just one more OBAMA campaign promise, not kept.

Barack Obama's promise:
Introduce a comprehensive immigration bill in the first year"I cannot guarantee that it is going to be in the first 100 days. But what I can guarantee is that we will have in the first year an immigration bill that I strongly support and that I'm promoting. And I want to move that forward as quickly as possible."

It seems there is no age limit to the new DRAFT policy. Children are weapons. Both physically and Politically.

Comments

EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 2:29am
I only clicked publish once. The program is submitting multiple entries.
wsucram15 Added Jun 19, 2018 - 2:49am
Expat..good article. :)
EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 3:03am

Thanks wsucram15. I only wish it wasn't true. I could have listed far worse atrocities to children, but thought this was enough to make the point. We sing songs about children being the future, but treat them as chattel for political, or religious gain.
Dino Manalis Added Jun 19, 2018 - 8:45am
 Women and children are often used as terrorists!
Ari Silverstein Added Jun 19, 2018 - 9:22am
This article made sense up until the bit about unborn fetuses.  From there you seem to have forgotten the purpose and started talking about a bunch of unrelated topics.  The topic of children being used as weapons of war is what I thought I was reading and you did a good job of detailing some of the ugliness seen around the world.  Abortion, gay parents, sexual education and immigration have nothing to do with that topic.

Kindly share the link which proves that first graders are being taught how to put condoms on a cucumber.

How is it that those 9 people burned in the car by Iraqi insurgents are an American atrocity?
Ryan Messano Added Jun 19, 2018 - 9:32am
Ari, Expat is completely right.  All these atrocities are related.  The Democrats do not value life, only pleasure, and they will murder or use children, as necessary to achieve their desires.  They could care less about children, illegal immigrants, women, or any other human they try to exploit.

Its time for men, not the pathetic liberal pansy men who inhabit WB and America, to stand up unflinchingly for what is right, and to stop making excuses for liberal insanity.

Children being used as weapons of war, abortion, homosexual parents, sexual education, and immigration all involve the abuse of children, and sometimes their murder, by unscrupulous liberals.

TexasLynn Added Jun 19, 2018 - 10:07am
I did find the article informative... up to a point.

Year ago, I sat down with a local Muslim convenience store owner over breakfast.  I thought it to be a perfect opportunity to size up the Middle East from the perspective of a "moderate" American Muslim.  The longer the conversation went the more appalled I was.

This guy didn't want to go over there and kill the Jews himself, but would fully support those that did.  Anything and everything the Islamists did was acceptable, even to the point of killing innocent Jewish children.  When I pressed him on this particular point (killing Jewish children); he simply said, "Those children grow up to be Jews, best to kill them before that happens."

I never went back to his store.

Anyone half informed knows that the Palestinians use women and children in this manner systemically.  I see this more of a trait of all of Islam than of this particular cause.  I suspect Mohammad would approve.

I consider this trait as one of the many proofs that I am on the right side of this issue.

EXPAT >> In America, unborn fetuses are political tools of the right, to control women, and gain support from religious zealots.

And this one sentence is where you went off the deep end.  It distracts and subtracts from your otherwise solid piece.

The interesting part of this is that you are supposedly talking about the use of "children" as weapons and then throw this example in there amongst all the other examples of "children".  Yet, you don't consider an "unborn fetus" a child.  Is your subconscious telling you something?
Ryan Messano Added Jun 19, 2018 - 10:26am
I completely agree with TexasLynn.  As usual, Expats libertinism clouds his view.  One would expect a man who sees escorts unabashedly to favor abortion.  Expat does not disappoint.

Pretty hypocritical, Expat.  Calling out the left for shamelessly exploiting children, then fearlessly advocating for baby butchery yourself.
Luther Wu Added Jun 19, 2018 - 2:34pm
EXPAT,
I find myself almost reluctant to thank you for your work and insight, since what it reveals is so very difficult to endure, even with just a distant glimpse.
Those horrors and similar will never cease if all who have means to stop them, sit blinkered to their result, or willingly countenance such acts via subscription to the idea that "the means justifies the end".
Jeff Michka Added Jun 19, 2018 - 5:02pm
So, okay EXPAT, you think it's okay for the tech industry to snare children to work "circuit board scraping" to make cellphones marginally cheap, and dyig from heavy metal poisoning to keep the Apple stock climbing.  You people with I CRAP help promote this sort of thing, or is it okay because  those poorest of poor, kids now have "jobs?"
Doug Plumb Added Jun 19, 2018 - 5:39pm
The more I learn about ME, the more I understand that glass parking lot argument. The Jews are not innocent, the Muslims are not innocent. Both have statutory religions and have their leaders directing them to hate one another. I hate statutory religions, and for the people who follow, there is no hope.
Doug Plumb Added Jun 19, 2018 - 5:41pm
Jeff, every once in a while I agree with you. This is one of those rare moments. Keep your eyes on the road.
EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 7:41pm
GREAT RESPONSES!
I knew that by pointing out that ALL sides exploit children to further their cause, WB'ers would defend their cause and exploitation, while agreeing that OTHERS exploit children.
So let me take them one at a time.
Ari. Unborn fetuses become children! Conservatives concentrate on stopping abortion, but make no provision for the children that result. It takes 18 years to make a person, in American society. 70% of people who end up in prison have been raised in the foster care system. Poor neighborhoods are terrorized by unwanted children who are unsupervised, until finally they commit a crime serious enough to be jailed. Then the tax Payer pays $58,000 a year to keep him locked up.
Do your own research on child sex education.
The media reports that American mercenaries fired on a car full of Iraqi women and children.

Ryan's comment to Ari was spot on.

TexasLynn. I am aware of your anti abortion stance. My comment to Ari applies to you also. I didn't go off the deep end. I was pointing out that the creation and welfare of children is a Political device used to excite emotion over reason by the conservatives, and exploited as a personal right by the left. Neither side concerns themselves with the QUALITY OF LIFE,for the child, making children from conception to prison, political weapons.

Ryan then goes off the deep end, suggesting my ability to rationalize my experience is distorted by my sexuality. Typical Ryan. He then describes the elimination of a cluster of cells, Baby Butchery, also typical Ryan.

EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 7:48pm
Luther Wu.
I wrote the article, because the exploitation of children for Political purpose is GROWING, i.e border children.
"the means justifies the end".  Trite clichés ad nothing to understanding.
EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 7:52pm
Michka.
There is NOTHING in this article about child labor, or my opinions of their exploitation. Your delusion runneth over.
EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 7:56pm

Plumb. Would you care to comment on using children as weapons?
Ward Tipton Added Jun 19, 2018 - 10:05pm
Very poignant writing.
EXPAT Added Jun 19, 2018 - 10:32pm

Ward. I join you in sadness. We treat our children like commodities to be used for our own purpose.
Women are Inferior Added Jun 20, 2018 - 12:12am
EXPAT, thank you for reminding us of a true worldwide tragedy. Regarding child soldiers, most of us are accustomed to images of the Hitler Youth and many other lost causes that continually scrape the bottom of the barrel, but the fact remains that many groups out there have absolutely no problem getting ignorant youngsters to do their dirty work.
Ward Tipton Added Jun 20, 2018 - 12:20am
The child soldiers in West Africa were an interesting sociological study in and of themselves. You cannot just put them in foster care or even quality orphanages, give them a hug and expect them to adjust. The sociological ramifications for those in the inner cities of the US would be equally telling, were they to be completely honest.
Flying Junior Added Jun 20, 2018 - 3:12am
If this was simply an article to condemn those who exploit, endanger or even kill or use children as hostages or shields.

Right there with you bro.

But it wasn't.  It was a cheap smokescreen to support the monster and his inhumane detention policies directed towards Central American families.  Of course, this is due to the new NO TOLERANCE policy.

I get that you RW crazies are perfectly happy to say that the Obama administration has been doing this for eight years.  I understand.  There is no real help for people that are willfully ignorant.

Let me point out the obvious.  The reason that the detention centers are housing only children is that their parents are being housed in federal prison awaiting prosecution for the misdemeanor crime of crossing the border illegally.

This is something new, friends.  It was not happenning in calendar 2017.

My sources tell me that the RNC and republican politicians are getting shaky and attempting to distance themselves from this policy.

I think they are being overly cautious.  When mass hysteria enables a would-be dictator such as the monster to take over the hearts and minds of decent Americans...  They don't have much to worry about.  Y'all are only too happy and ready to blame democrats.  To deny the obvious.

I'm guessing that you despise all things related to CNN just as your emperor has decreed.  But I hope that you have some faith in msn.com.

A new CNN poll out Monday found that 67% of Americans oppose the separation of children from their parents, with 68% of independent voters disapproving of Trump's position.

Colorado Rep. Mike Coffman, one of the nation's most endangered Republicans in this year's midterms, said in a statement he told Sen. Dianne Feinstein on Monday he wanted to "help her put a stop to this human rights disaster at the border" and was willing to introduce the California Democrat's bill to do so in the House.

"This isn't who we are," Coffman said. "My colleagues should mark their words and this moment -- history won't remember well those who support the continuation of this policy..."

"Neither party should want to separate kids from their parents," California Rep. Jeff Denham, another endangered Republican, said on CNN hours later.

Their responses underscore the challenge facing the GOP in November's midterm elections:  The party's base is still loyal to Trump and animated by the hardline anti-immigration platform he ran on. But the images of children separated from their parents and kept in cages near the border -- beyond humanitarian concerns -- are the makings of a political disaster just five months from election day...

Two years after immigration was the central theme of Trump's successful presidential campaign, the issue threatens to damage his party's chances now that the businessman-turned-politician is President.

Missouri Attorney General Josh Hawley, who is challenging Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, picked up on Trump's talking point and blamed Democrats -- without addressing the reality that the family separations are the result of a Trump administration policy and without taking a position on the policy.

"The whole immigration system is a disaster, and Claire McCaskill should answer for that: she's been in D.C. for over a decade and she has shown zero leadership to secure the border, stop sanctuary cities, or protect American workers," Hawley said in a statement. "Nobody wants to see children and parents separated, just like no one should want to see illegal drugs and gangs pouring across our border. But none of that will change until McCaskill and the D.C. crowd take some responsibility and build the wall and secure the border."

Some Republicans in competitive races this fall broke with Trump on the policy but didn't directly blame the President, instead choosing to vaguely blame Washington or Congress.

No.  Not falling for it.
EXPAT Added Jun 20, 2018 - 3:43am
FJ. As you know, or should know, I wrote a comprehensive article on Immigration.

It has been screwed up since the end of WWII. All parties and politicians share the blame.

The current situation is just a continuation of the incompetent politicians that play to their constituents.
I had to laugh at the Democraps screw up when they posted photos of kids separated from their parents and kept in cages, and it turned out to be two years before Trump was elected, during the Obama admin.
So put away your righteous rage. This is nothing new. To pretend it started in 2018, is just more FAKE NEWS.
The truth is Democraps refuse to pass a comprehensive Immigration Bill, or even to compromise.
This is not a Trump problem, it is a dysfunctional Government problem.

The latest emotional trauma is manufactured by Democraps who have no policy to run on!
EXPAT Added Jun 20, 2018 - 3:48am
Ward and Michael.
I didn't mention the child soldiers. Perhaps one of you can write an article on that subject. I was dealing with the more subtle action of pretending concern for children, while exploiting their plight, but not fixing the problem.
Pardero Added Jun 20, 2018 - 3:58am
EXPAT,
After Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, and now Syria, it is a sad fact that only the most obtuse of jingoistic misanthropes, would be surprised at the low levels, partisans will sink to.

Your illustrious Colon Powell referred to a "china closet," if you recall. Please don't act all appalled by perfectly predictable, despicable and outrageous behavior. Now, if Saddam had lived as long as Methuselah, he couldn't have killed a fraction of those lost in that ill-advised disaster.

Oddly, at least to you, mostly only dissidents and rebels got on Saddam's bad side.

I don't go to bars, but let's imagine that EXPAT went with a group of truckers, and started some shit with those smart-ass punks from Brady Trucking, a reasonable person would expect some injuries, and more than a few low blows. Would you be shocked and appalled that the brawl you started, resulted in some crushed testicles and eyes gouged out?

Whoever starts a conflict has some responsibility for actions that were predictable.
Flying Junior Added Jun 20, 2018 - 4:00am
I remember the article well.  Maybe you have better information than do I.  I concede that I hold no proof.
Flying Junior Added Jun 20, 2018 - 4:09am
Pard,

It's Colin Powell.  Pronounced like Tom Collins.  A mostly Irish Christian name.  It was a source of much levity that so many talking heads pronounced it the other way.  I doubt that it made General Colin Powell very happy.
Pardero Added Jun 20, 2018 - 4:16am
Flying Junior,
I know. I was playing the dummy so I could get an 'accidental' dig in.
Pardero Added Jun 20, 2018 - 4:17am
I am sleepy. See you tomorrow.
Ari Silverstein Added Jun 20, 2018 - 9:53am
Born fetuses become children, unborn fetuses become nothing.

The point of my comment is that you’re absolutely right in your assertion that children are used as weapons in times of war.  You make no sense when you infuse that discussion with a discussion about the appropriate age for sex education and the other things I mentioned.

The fact an imbecile like Ryan Messano agrees with you, only proves my points to a stronger degree.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 12:02am

You can't seem to accept that it takes 18 years to make a person Ari. How do you plan to provide for these fetuses you call people? You want to force a woman not capable of raising a child, to care for that child for 18 years.
I don't want this article to turn into an argument on abortion, but for you to encourage laws that inflict millions of unwanted children on society, is Child Abuse. Just as bad as demanding minors from other countries be accepted in USA, without the means to provide for them!
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 12:04am
Pardaro.
Flying Junior,
I know. I was playing the dummy so I could get an 'accidental' dig in.
You are very good at playing the dummy. It works well for you! LOL
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 1:31am
Good article Expat. Only one thing: It's only one party which decides the fate of children: The business party.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 1:35am
Lynn

Bad experience I never had in 25 years in Muslim countries (ok Africa). Matter of education. Also here in Europe we get not the real ones who are peaceful but dumb fanatics. I call that an agenda to destabilize us small-small as we say ;)
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 1:41am
Expat

It is often difficult to see the differences and judge them because we're prejudiced.

In Africa, kids are proud to support the family no matter what age, because each helping hand is a good one.

The line from natural family support and feeling of responsability and to exploitation is thin.

And WE do empower that exploitation..

EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 1:51am
Stone. Spot on. But put your bias aside. Everyone uses children to their own purpose. The child factories are horrible, but so is starvation.
I was referring to the more subtle use of children as political pawns. But we also spend more on prisons and law enforcement, than schools.
None of us, including me is free of child exploitation.  I once owned a Day Care Center in Louisville, Texas. I made money by taking care of kids.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 1:57am
True. Cheap child labor for iShit and a bomb belt for Allah. Disgusting. But it's still the corporatocracy which allows that....
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 3:18am
OK Ari. Just this once.

A suspended Starkville High School teacher will be returning to the classroom after a district investigation.

The Starkville-Oktibbeha Consolidated School District suspended Sheree Ferguson after a student reportedly gave a presentation using cucumbers to demonstrate proper condom usage in Ferguson's English class on Nov. 12

WHEN IT COMES TO sex education, city students will not be getting a birth-control show-and-tell. Education officials have scrapped a controversial element of a new sex-ed curriculum that encourages teachers to show students as young as 14 how to use a condom. "There will be no condom demonstrations in New York City schools," insisted Roger Platt, director of the Office of School Health. The new curriculum, approved this year by the Education Department, suggested that high school health teachers should "have one condom for each student and one for yourself. Have two penis models or two cucumbers
" School officials said city teachers still can talk about condom use - but must skip the part about asking students to put a condom on a plastic penis or cucumber, he said. Anita Davis, the CEO for Health Strategies, the Nashville-based company that created the citywide health curriculum, said the demo was included because teens are often clueless on how to use a condom.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 3:19am
ARI. Because I challenged you to factual support some of your statements and you refused, in addition to my criticism regarding coherency, I also criticize you for promulgating fake news.
Flying Junior Added Jun 21, 2018 - 6:00am
It's not really fake news.  In the last couple of months since zero tolerance was implemented by Trump and Sessions nearly two thousand children have been separated from their parents.

To say that the exact same thing has been happening for the last ten years is strictly laughable.  Yet not really all that funny when one considers the delusion and acceptance of propaganda that right-leaning America is willing to accept as truth is the most horrifying thing that has ever happened to our young nation.
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 6:31am
FJ

The biggest problem you have in the US seen from here is:

a) The fact that there are only two political parties which are in fact the same, handlangers of the industry.

b) the so-called democrats have no people around which are considered honest. The Bitch was as awful as ever, and Bernie didn't have the backbone to present himself as independent, although I think he'd have won by a large margin among the youth.

Big money decides.

Look for the future. No need to bash Trump after 1.5 years in power. He was elected, so be it. Change your system, less lobbying, less cash involved in elections, and you will get a more representative government.....
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 6:37am
BTW: The less an economy functions, the more "rightist" thinking people you will get. It's a self-protection mechanism. When there's jobs and opportunity for everyone, you get a government which is between what you call "left" and "right".
Stone-Eater Added Jun 21, 2018 - 6:47am
BTW2:

When Germany wouldn't have been strangled economically in the Twenties Hitler would never have had a chance.

Take Venezuela for the moment. A usual recipe is: When you don't like a government (seen from the outside force), strangle its economy until the people say FUCK OFF X. And the fact that the media is already in the hands of these outside forces will make the people believe that it's their government which caused all those problems.

We have seen that in Ukraine.

I mean, ask yourself the question: WHO would profit from a general unrest in the US population ? Suppose people find out that they're being used for the profit of a few who sit on their fat asses and leave the country alone ?

There are two possibilities:

a) improve the life of the general population
b) start a war abroad hailing the flag and tell them we defend peace.

a) would cause a financial loss for the ones I said, notable Pentagon and arms industry
b) would temporarily unite US-Americans under the flag (please respect that LOL). Bush: Mission accomplished. Wow ! Did it have a lasting effect ? Sure. More deaths.

So better think about the whole thing. 200 some million should have the power to restore the US as to what is was meant for originally: A haven for people in need. Not a nation who wants to play empire.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 9:04am
Stone. I agree America needs to change its system. I suggest a Monarchy, chosen from the top 1000 students, based on intellect.

The current system is based on common people acting responsibly, and choosing the best representative available. The current madness, and poor quality of representatives, proves the people are incapable of participating in their own government.

The chosen Monarch would be a blind choice, chosen strictly on merit. No social context such as race, gender, affiliation, religion, etc.

The masses are asses, as demonstrated daily on WB.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 9:12am
P.S. Venezuela's current crisis is self inflicted. Chavez spent all their reserve cash supporting socialist causes around the world, including Cuba, and  his domestic giveaways, while driving business from the country.

This worked when oil was $100 a barrel. When it dropped to $50, there was no back up industry, it all had left!
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 9:22am
FJ. So your point is that the broken immigration laws, should not be enforced? How about congress doing their job and fixing the broken system?
You and your transference dementia, is what is laughable!
Ari Silverstein Added Jun 21, 2018 - 4:39pm
You said: “First graders who know nothing about sex, are taught to put condoms on cucumbers, in preparation for the future.”

The first link you provided doesn’t even come close to proving that statement.  For starters, it has nothing to do with first graders.  Second, it was a STUDENT presentation.  Third, the school nor the school district condoned the action.  When the incident became aware to the District the teacher was suspended. I guess the district thought the teacher could have or should have stopped the presentation.  There are similar holes in all the links you provided.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 9:14pm
The only hole Ari, is the black hole where you assign logic.
Massachusetts School District Offers Condoms to First Graders - Life360

Cached
Similar

Jun 28, 2010 - What I do have a problem with is first graders being given condoms. ... get a lesson in how to use it and a sex discussion with the school nurse.
EXPAT Added Jun 21, 2018 - 9:21pm
Ari is incapable of reason. His emotion creates a Morton's Demon that only allows the left side of his brain to work. I refused to do his research for him, when he denied children were being taught condom use in all grades. He used that as proof he was right, so I went against my instinct and provided sites. We all know that progressive teachers are teaching their warped ideas of sex on children, despite the objections of the parents, but Ari is in denial, big time!
Digress Added Jun 22, 2018 - 12:36am
Spot on Expat! The children of the world become the adults of the world, and better the lessons they were taught. If this self righteous abuse of children continues, the social ills will only increase, until the whole world is a hate filled hell!
Todays headline: 3000 children detained at the border today. WHAT THE HELL WERE 3000 CHILDREN DOING AT THE BORDER?
Stone-Eater Added Jun 22, 2018 - 2:44am

Yep. Even here in Switzerland. Time to show them sexual intercourse live in class on the teacher's table LOL
Kristen Foley Added Jun 22, 2018 - 9:34am
Obama’s policy was never to separate children from their families.  That policy was started under Trump and after the outrage grew, he realized the errors of his policy and changed it.

This immigration debate has nothing to do with your opening or conclusion as it relates to children.  It turns out that it’s easier to cross the border illegally if you have children than if you don’t.  That doesn’t mean the children are being used as weapons, it just means illegals found a loophole to our immigration policy and I don’t blame them one iota for exploiting it.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Jun 22, 2018 - 6:04pm
Yes Expat, we also used children as workers in mines. But my latest article supports yours. I believe, though, a people fighting for liberation has the right to adopt American values: Give me death or give me liberty, death before dishonor, or live free or die. If a nation were to invade America, would you expect a lesser defense from its people as those shown by other nation we are concocting false and nefarious reasons to invade? America did not become America because our children gave the British soldiers flowers. The first naval suicide bombing was done by us, perhaps children were involved in our war for liberation.
Kurt Bresler Added Jun 22, 2018 - 6:31pm
"In America, unborn fetuses are political tools of the right, to control women, and gain support from religious zealots, ."

Really?  What the hell are you smokin'?

Abortion is killing unborn Children and women are taught selfishness rather than nurturing.

"Gain support from religious zealots?"

Many of the Right are Religious Zealots and do believe even religiously that allowing abortion has nothing to do with controlling women but has everything to do with the sanctity of Life and stopping the murder of millions of fetuses.
EXPAT Added Jun 23, 2018 - 8:31pm
Kurt. And what provision to raise those millions of fetuses for 18 years to adulthood, do these sanctity of life zealots provide?
EXPAT Added Jun 23, 2018 - 8:34pm
Kristen. Around the world, that is known as Child Trafficking!
You are delusional about Obama. His speeches, and Hillary's on Border protection are well documented.
EXPAT Added Jun 23, 2018 - 8:38pm
YES DOC.  Liberation was the American value. But Progressives want control of your life. What you eat, drive, live in, children, schools, and LIFE CHOICES.
That was called Totalitarianism when I was in school, now it is called Liberalism!
Rusty Smith Added Jun 24, 2018 - 11:36am
Flying Junior it's relatively easy to get a high percentage of Americans to say they think we should find a way to keep illegal immigrant kids with their parents, but entirely another for them to suggest a way to do it that makes sense and we can afford.  Who does want to see kids taken away from parents?

On the other hand is the reality of who tries to sneak in illegally, and how we usually regard someone who intentionally does something that puts their own kids at risk.  Illegals who decide to skip legal immigration procedures and sneak into the US know exactly what they are doing, and what the risks are, but choose to take the risks and do it anyway.

They know that if they get caught and claim their life is in danger if returned to their home country, they can ask for amnesty, and they will be separated from their children during that process.  They also know during the separation their kids will be fed well and eventually returned to them in good condition.  They choose to take a risk, but its not a horrific risk, and obviously by looking at the numbers of illegals who take that risk, well worth taking, even if they are separated from their kids for a while.

I feel similarly compassionate for all the homeless families in the US who are citizens and fact the same separation risk if they get caught stealing a loaf of bread so they can feed their kids.  When they get taken into custody they too are separated from their children.

Do you think we should make changes there too so that American Citizens aren't separated from their kids?