As many of you know, Writer Beat is in the process of being completely overhauled. Below is the link to the where we're housing the new site. In the not too distant future, this link will replace the current site. After you create an account, kindly send me an email and I will manually activate your account.
More valuable than monetary contribution are your thoughts and feedback regarding the new site. I'm not just talking about visual stuff. Please go in and use the site. Try uploading articles and submitting comments. What doesn't work?
New Site: http://220.127.116.11/writerbeat/
My Email: AutumnCote@WriterBeat.com
I have included my list below and will updated it as I receive comments from all of you:
1) Below is the author profile page of an author that clicks on his or her name. Better than anything I can say in words, click on the pencil and try to update information on yourself, such as your avatar.
We need to find a way to cut off displayed comments and articles but still provide a way to access all comments and articles. Keep in mind, some people have written hundreds of articles and thousands of comments, so this page could go on forever without page numbers like we have on the current site.
2) Need to be able to add new authors via the admin page
3) Need to be able to suspend authors via the admin page
4) No articles are showing up on the manage articles section of the admin page
5) Writer Beat logo looks hazy
6) Fonts are too small when my screen is set to 100%. I would increase everything by 20% It's especially small on the article page
7) The tie breaker for all article rankings is submission date. That is, older articles get ranked before newer articles. Currently, after ranking based on the metrics chosen, our formula is putting the newer articles ahead of older articles.
8) Top of homepage: It should be “Articles Ranked”
9) author page of anyone but yourself: It should read “Recent Articles by Authors…”
10) Homepage: Too much white space between the end of the article and the bar for the comment section
11) We have three static pages on the bottom of the current site, that don’t exist on the new site. They are:
About Writer Beat
I think we need one page where we can house all that information. The question is where to put the page and I’ll leave that up to you. I would title the page: About Writer Beat
12) Internet Explorer login doesn’t work
13) Words are getting cut off in weird places. For example If I write "understatement" I get "understate" on the first line and the "ment" on the following one.
14) When copying and pasting an article from a website, too much white space between lines of text is happening on Writer Beat. Same is true when commenting.
15) When copying and pasting an article from word, I get the error message below. Is that really necessary? The paste worked, but it also had too much white space. Same is true when commenting.
16) Take a look at the comment below. I copied and pasted from word. Some very strange formatting going on. Our system should be stripping all formatting from elsewhere.
17) The clock needs to be set to Eastern Standard Time.