Check your Settings

Check Your New Privacy Settings.

Face it. Keeping your privacy these days is not automatic. You must be an activist even to keep your buying transactions personal. You know your credit rating is easily determined by almost anyone. You accept Amazon knows what you’re buying.  But did you know that another site, VENMO.COM, knows this as well and sells the info.  Cash may make a comeback.

Check Your New Political Settings.

Democrat? Republican?  No, no, no.  You must decide whether you are a tea-party Republican, establishment Republican, Trump Republican, moderate Democrat, socialist Democrat, leftist Democrat, Pelosi loyalist, and on and on – and on.  What to do?

Check Your Toast Settings.

It is almost certain that attorney Michael Cohen has achieved the status of Stormy Daniels, someone to be trotted out from time-to-time, but who has no future with the Dems, CNN, FOX, etc.  He will be used for a while and then dumped.

Stormy can always resume her career, as for example a stripper-at-the-home, but what can a lawyer do who violates his client’s trust. Gone is Mike. In two years time, we will have trouble recalling his name.

The New Toast Squad:
Michael Cohen

James Comey
Roy Moore

Harvey Weinstein

Al Franken

Paul Manafort

Others:

Hillary Clinton has become a National Wart.  Compound W does not work.

Check Your Trade Settings.

Do you support or reject free trade, fair trade, balanced trade, NAFTA trade, TPP trade, or globalist trade?  Do you support or reject IP theft threats, tariff threats, agroecologist threats, or terrorist threats.  All impact Y-O-U and how all trade is transacted. Can you choose? Or is choice even relevant?

Comments

Bill H. Added Jul 30, 2018 - 11:42am

Good one, Don-
It now appears that none other than the T.S.A. will be digging for the minutia in our lives, even outside of airports.
Here's a partial description of what was just uncovered.
Here's a just-exposed "Secret Document".
There's more to come according to an acquaintance brother who works security at a major airport not far away. This is some really heavy shit.
It's becoming very obvious why the present administration was so bent on quickly eliminating the Internet Privacy Rules.
Maybe T.S.A. now stands for Trump Security Agency.
Leroy Added Jul 30, 2018 - 12:16pm
Oh, Bill.  Your TDS is getting the better of you.  The program started under O.  Perhaps we should rename it to the OSA.
Don Allen Added Jul 30, 2018 - 1:54pm
Checking on new personal settings is not dissimilar to the following.
"The circle of life goes round and round and on every return trip it seems to have new settings."

This is good.  It means you’re still living, not just alive.
Even A Broken Clock Added Jul 30, 2018 - 2:22pm
I liked this, Don. On a serious note, it certainly looks like there is no option to opt out of the use of cookies and other nasty little critters when using the internet. That is, unless you go to a totally anonymous VPN and wipe your cookies after each session. That really seems like too much trouble.
James Travil Added Jul 30, 2018 - 6:19pm
My personal political setting is moderate independent. Damn sure no Republican or Democrat.
Leroy Added Jul 30, 2018 - 7:22pm
"I liked this, Don. On a serious note, it certainly looks like there is no option to opt out of the use of cookies and other nasty little critters when using the internet..."

Clock, if you use a browser such as Firefox in private mode, cookies are not saved.  All it takes is a click of a button to start private mode.  There are other free tools to take care of the other stuff.  Need an email address to subscribe, use a service to create a temporary email address.  Don't like advertising, there are free tools to take care of that.  You don't have to have a VPN, although I prefer to use one.
Dino Manalis Added Jul 31, 2018 - 8:32am
 The Internet is great for research, but limit other activities, because privacy isn't guarranteed.  The Internet is for sharing, don't expect privacy!
Don Allen Added Jul 31, 2018 - 8:51am
Dino, you are absolutely correct.  Indeed, for information with any political twang, you never know.  I reserve Internet usage mostly for data and totally nonpolitical topics + plus shopping.  Don't go to the stores much anymore.
Like to plug one site: The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy:  https://plato.stanford.edu/
No leftie, rightie, or anyone else can muck this stuff up. But plowing through these articles takes effort.

Logical Man Added Aug 1, 2018 - 3:39pm
My settings are fairly stable.

I've been an atheist anarchist for about 50 years now.

opher goodwin Added Aug 5, 2018 - 2:01pm
I hope they don't check out all my posts on this site!
Logical Man Added Aug 5, 2018 - 2:13pm
I've been on-line since the early 90s. I remember Mosaic and the beginnings of Netscape
I figured, back then, that if I could connect to another computer, it was likely that it worked both ways should anyone take a serious interest in mine and have almost always acted accordingly. At the moment it seems that free speech is under attack, and while mindful of the fact, I try not to let it prevent me from being honest about my beliefs and opinions.
The likes of WB are very important from this point of view.

When truth is replaced by silence,the silence is a lie.
Yevgeny Yevtushenko
opher goodwin Added Aug 5, 2018 - 2:26pm
Logical Man - that's OK - it's not against the law to be an atheist or anarchist. I am an antitheist and socialist.