No news is GOOD news

I can’t believe the Crap that is being presented to the American people as NEWS. I can’t believe the Crap that is coming out of Europe as News. They are in crisis mode 24/7. When there is no ideological issues of the day, they create one. Even going back 20 years to a subjects youth. I will not provide examples, because they would become the subject of comments, and this article is about the future of information. All I will say is that the POTUS is forced to Tweet and hold election style rallies to present accomplishments to the people. MSM does not include any Trump success, which is American success, no matter how pertinent to daily life.

We no longer have a Main Stream Media folks! The Big Six (names provided at the end of the article), manufacture the story they wish to tell. They search for small details that suit their mentality, and make that the story over the preponderance of evidence to the contrary. That is what is commonly referred to as “FAKE NEWS”.

We used to have the fourth estate, the media that acted responsibly, and with held information harmful to the United States, or presented malfeasance honestly, such as Watergate. Now they pay questionable people millions, for that same information, and publish it as coming from unnamed sources. All that matters is shock value.

Prostitutes who will say and do anything for money, are now presented as credible sources to disparage elected officials.

Tabloid style sensationalism and emotion, is the entry to the psyche. Immigrant children are the latest heart strings being pulled. Before that it was hapless immigrants wanting a better life, the environmental destruction of the world, the failure of the Economy and immanent war, have also had their turn. As each piece of misinformation is destroyed, it is replaced by an equally emotional hyped event.

Here's a shocker: Americans have very, very little confidence in the fourth estate.

Gregg Levine of Al-Jazeera America reports that trust in television and news media has reached an all-time low, bringing it on par with trust in news on the internet. The internet. Yikes.

America’s trust in media has fallen from 36% to 19% for Television News; from 32% to 18% for Newspapers, and from 21% t0 18% for Internet news.

As you can see, the report is based on a recent Gallup poll that tracks confidence in news media. While strong trust in web-based news has remained consistent (even if consistently low) for about fifteen years, optimism for traditional news media has been on a noticeable downward trend.

It is amazing how many people understand others, better than they know themselves! That, in itself is not evil. It is delusion of the worst kind, because it prevents a true understanding of people and how they function. But your opinion of me, ranks with the daily news; interesting but mostly a false interpretation of facts. We see events through filtered eyes, and interpret those events based on our experience and results of our own failures.

As an example. POTUS prevents a War with North Korea, by demonstrating the power and consequences of what that war would be like. He drops a Mega bomb on a mountain strong hold in Afghanistan, and totally obliterates an ISIS command center buried deep in the mountain. The real lesson is to Kim Jong Un:. Your underground Nuclear facilities, missile sites, and command bunkers, are not safe from our attack.

He fires Tomahawk missiles at Syria, over Gas attacks. The real lesson is to NOKO. Neither the Russians, nor anyone else can protect you! USA firepower will destroy your strongholds. He attacks again in Syria over gas. The real lesson is to NOKO. We can attack anytime we choose; AND WILL.

He promises fire and fury. Flies B-1 bombers over NOKO, as training. Moves the bomber fleet to Guam, sends Stealth bombers and fighters. Places a 1000 times amount of missiles fired at Syria, on submarines. All demonstrating how USA can obliterate NOKO, if they continue to act badly.

To add emphases, he ridicules Kim as Little Rocket man, and tweets My button is bigger than yours, and works. With the unspoken message of Syria and Afghanistan, clear.

The RESULT: Kim says, lets talk, and here are your hostages back, stops testing and firing missiles near USA allies! THAT IS PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH FOLKS!

But the hate filled media, reports that it is not happening fast enough. That human rights are still abused in NOKO, that Kim is cheating, that USA is being played for a fool, etc. etc. etcetera, etcetera. They do not report the truth, but the truth they wish for. i.e. the failure of Trump, even of it means WAR, and the death of millions. They try to prevent a real relationship with NOKO from happening, by printing innuendo and questionable intelligence, to satisfy their delusion, that Trump is evil, and must be removed at all cost!

So what does the future hold? Where can an intelligent person who needs real information go? Well, what I see, are credible sources willing to put their integrity on the line, as filling the niche. The ideologues will continue with what ever supports their delusion, but voters who care, investors, business owners and those concerned about their future, need unbiased information!

Private enterprise will fill the gap left by the Big 6 media conglomerates who provide Movies, Music, sports, NEWS, and other forms of entertainment, being replaced. YES! News is now entertainment!

1. GE, who owns Comcast, NBC and Universal Studios.

2. News Corp. Who owns FOX, Wall Street Journal, and New York Post.

3. Disney. Who owns ABC, US News, MegaMax and Pixar and MARVEL.

4. Viacom. Who owns MTV, NICK jr, BET, CMT, Paramount.

5. Time-Warner . CNN, HBO, Time, Warner Bros.

6. CBS. Who owns Showtime, Smithsonian Channel, NFL.COM, Jeopardy and 60 Minutes.

But there is hope for the future. I see Subscription news as providing unbiased analytical information, suitable for decision making. Bloomberg's - TicToc, is a recent addition, Circa shows promise, and several others are under construction.

How long until a subscription news channel appears on TV? Like a sirius radio station with integrity, for television.

People want real news in a timely manner, and are willing to pay for what used to be free, for NEWS THEY CAN BELIEVE! The bottled water of media.

It hasn’t happened yet, and perhaps the big 6 will be able to stifle free speech, as they do now, but I prefer to believe in man’s quest for knowledge over emotion.

Comments

EXPAT Added Jul 31, 2018 - 5:44pm
I remember back in the 60's when the first all news channel came to New York. I thought; What can they talk about for 24 hours? Before that 30 minutes of news at the top of the hour, between music, was the standard.

Then it grew to include analysis and commentary of events. That's when ideology took over news, and real reporting was dead! People tuned in to their favorite commentator, and their news was now propaganda.

Left, Right and Loony Tunes, all had their own channel, and people were inundated with emotional stimulation. The world was ending, or the Russians were coming. The sky was falling, and we needed to do something.

Of course nothing could be done, because it was part redacted events, and part ideology. But that didn't stop Pussy Hat/ Pussy Brain activists from acting out their fantasy.

Media kept things hyped, to sell advertising, and peoples lives revolved around what ever ideology they bought into.
MUSIC, was replaced by RAGE. That's entertainment today!
Ryan Messano Added Jul 31, 2018 - 6:08pm

Good article, sans profanity.  That said, there is good news.  You just have to avoid hellivision, Google, fakebook, the NY Slimes, the Washington Compost, and other areas.  All conceit aside, my news website is superior than anything on hellivision, in the newspapers, or Google.  Mine is free too.  Messanonews.com.  I charge nothing, I simply ask you send ten friends here, and tell them each to send ten of their friends.  The lying news media will never change.  They have way too much power, and it's our fault for paying attention to them.
EXPAT Added Jul 31, 2018 - 6:31pm
Ryan. Profanity is part of everyday conversation. I am not communicating with intellectuals here. I make my point anyway I can.
I choked on my coffee when you presented YOUR news blog over MSM, as superior. I just want facts! Provide me with the events, and let ME provide the analysis.
The Avatar at the end of the article was posted with you in mind!
But I am glad you thought the article was good, as I consider you a warped intellectual. Just as Karl Marx, Mao Tse Tung and Pol Pot were warped intellectuals.
Ryan Messano Added Jul 31, 2018 - 8:41pm
Nah, profanity indicates a lack of discretion and a vocabulary that is deficient.  It also indicates a lack of moral scruples, though that doesn't make those of us who avoid it automatic saints.

LOL, mine definitely is superior to CNN, FOX, and the rest. They get paid more, but truth isn't a prostitute.  She doesn't give it up for money.

Yes, I immediately knew that when I read it, LOL.  Which is why I went onto profanity, to indirectly attack you, as you did me.

Thank you for the former compliment, and the latter one I do resent and don't resemble in the least:).
Cullen Kehoe Added Aug 1, 2018 - 1:23am
I get Al Jazeera English edition and watch it occasionally. It's how news should be, boring at times, but good.

It's infinitely better than CNN for instance. They practically disregard the U.S. news cycle. If there's a big controversy in the U.S. over Trump separating children, they'll spend maybe 60 seconds on it and move onto other stories. A lot of the war in Yemen, stuff going on in Africa.

It's worth watching if you ask me.
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 1:57am
Cullen. I also watch the International version of Al Jazeera. The only US news I get here in Thailand is Fox and Bloomberg, but they provide the highlights from the other MSM. Ten minutes is all that is needed, as they just repeat the same thing about made up Trump inadequacy, and Russian conspiracy, to the exclusion of real news. Al Jazeera, BBC and Sky News International provide the International news that Americans are denied.
Being spared from the MSM Propaganda, allows me to make up my own mind about the essence of world events.
The local media, and a news outlet called Coconuts, that concentrates on South East Asia, provides things Americans never are exposed to. Such as the childish behavior of Elon Musk, when his submarine was not used for the cave rescue of 13 kids in the north. He Called an experienced British cave diver a PEDO, short for pedophile, because he said Musk was ignorant of the facts, which he was.
Brainless twits on WB, such as Michka, use the same insult on me. Anyone living in Thailand is a pervert, in their limited mind. But Musk is supposed to be a genius.
GOOD COMMENT!
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 2:22am
Ryan. I use profanity as you call modern speech carefully, except when I stumble over the coffee table in the dark. It is powerful when used properly.
And I would say that my vocabulary is far superior to yours, because I have world experience and business acumen you have never been exposed to. I cannot use it on WB because of the audience I am addressing.

Truth is a prostitute, as it is manipulated to provide pleasure to frustrated ideologues.
Why is it that you ideologues consider ANY criticism an attack? Is it based in insecurity?
You are definitely a warped intellectual in the Marx mode, in that you deal in absolutes, and cannot consider evidence to the contrary. But you do put a great deal of effort into proving you are absolutely correct in your belief, just as Marx did.
Neil Lock Added Aug 1, 2018 - 4:32am
Good article, EXPAT. Mainstream news coverage has long been about manipulating people's emotions. Back in the 1980s when I was travelling a lot, I worked out that "news" in the US was designed to make people feel angry, in the UK to make people feel sad and unhappy, and in Australia to make people laugh! Now, it's all the same - it's merely designed to make people subordinate their thinking to the Establishment Message of the Day. I don't find it surprising that more and more of us are no longer buying it.
Lindsay Wheeler Added Aug 1, 2018 - 5:20am
We live in a degraded culture. I don't expect anything to get any better. It is all sliding downhill quick.
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 7:30am
Neil Lock. When I lived in Saudi Arabia, they had no news. They learned all they had to know from the religious leaders at prayers. All knowledge came from Allah. We expats had Dhahran television which was severely restricted. But in the western world, News and entertainment are the same thing now, and it is all emotion driven. How long can people remain in a rage?
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 7:38am
Lindsay. Culture is what it is. Degraded is a value judgment. Democraps love it. and it adds relevance to the lives of Pussy Hats. But I agree with you that it is a hindrance to progress and disagree that it is sliding down hill. It only seems that way because the Media only reports the negative propaganda they fabricate. But Miracle Man Trump is making progress in spite of all the resistance. Cheer up the next 6 years of Trump will just keep getting better.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Aug 1, 2018 - 7:43am
Was the news responsible for advancing the cold war to the extent that both US and Russin leaders had their fingers on the button for launching the bomb? Well,  a Republican president with a Tricky Dick eased tension by inviting the Russians over. Yes, Nixon permitted joint space collaboration of astronauts. Perhaps as the cycle repeats a president who has a liking for tricks is showing the way by inviting the Russians over. Hence,  what the hating press is unintentionally and fearfully doing is advancing a framework for collaboration with Russia, a potential dagger in Democrats' hope for the Whitehouse.
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 8:55am
Dr. Green. The Press of today is not journalism, it is sensationalism. I mentioned Watergate as a time when reporting was reporting:
But I see the media and Trump haters as dangerous to world order. They need to shut up and let those who know the real world do what they are doing. Make the world a safer place. Knowing your enemy is not collaboration. Trump is a match for Putin any day.
And lastly. The Democraps are finished politically. Baring a New Democratic Party, only the Trumpeters will survive the up coming elections. All the DEmocraps have left is violence, and they are a bunch of Pussies with big mouths. Forget 2020! Wait till you see the slaughter of 2018.
Dino Manalis Added Aug 1, 2018 - 9:13am
 There's plenty of news, but the media chooses to avoid it and focus on Trump.  Opinion should be expressed on the sidelines, but they ought to concentrate on daily happenings without opinion.  Why aggravate some with opinion?
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 10:43am
Dino. Opinion shows are a valuable asset, but not when they pretend to be NEWS. Tabloid journalism Which replaces information with sensationalism is cheap to produce highly emotional and like a narcotic. People know it is bad, but must have it every day. An emotional high!
Henry Ortiz Added Aug 1, 2018 - 3:05pm
Good article expat, unfortunately people are more interested in Facebook, instagram than getting knowledge into their brains, that is why they are so easy to be manipulated with fake news.
EXPAT Added Aug 1, 2018 - 10:01pm
Spot on Henry. And now we are finding out that Russia used fake Facebook accounts to influence those same people. There are over 200 Secret Services from other countries doing the same. But the media only reports on Russia, while ignoring Hillary used a British Agent (Steele) to create a fake dossier used by corrupt FBI to get Trump.
I never knew the swamp was this deep.
Digress Added Aug 1, 2018 - 10:14pm
EXPAT. You will notice that the usual Dead Heads, are avoiding this subject. They know deep in their heart, that their beloved Obama and Hillary have been exposed as enemies' of the State. They both swore an oath to defend the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.
But have joined the domestic enemies who would bring down the duly elected government, a coup d'état
Trump's success is their failure. That is the true source of their RAGE. Not that they lost the Presidency, but that Trump is proving them wrong!!!!!!!
Michael B. Added Aug 1, 2018 - 10:59pm
The Fourth Estate went from being a fairly neat, tidy, and orderly house to a scummy, high-density tenement. Just about everything I read these days from so-called "news outlets" fully meets the criteria for Yellow Journalism. The fact that media companies are being concentrated into fewer and fewer owners doesn't signal improvement. One journalist I talked to said that in the past, his stories were edited for facts, but never for content. He quit one publication, and was fired from another one, because of the ruthless editing of his articles. I wonder if the seismologists at Cal Tech can detect Pulitzer and Hearst in their graves, laughing their bony asses off.
Stone-Eater Added Aug 2, 2018 - 5:31am
Expat

Good one. Fully agree.
Stone-Eater Added Aug 2, 2018 - 5:34am
...and I watch RT among others like BBC, Al Jazeera, France 24 or German ARD.
Neoplatonist Christian Added Aug 2, 2018 - 5:48am
I fully endorse your view. The amount of actual news in a 30 minute timeslot in main stream media lasts for approximately 6 minutes, including the mandatory 'feel-good' story. I am concerned by what they are not telling us - what is it that the media and the upper echelons do not want us to know?
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 6:09am
Michael B.
Spot on!
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 6:11am
Stone. RT is the Russian CNN. I do search them once in a while to get Russian Propaganda to reference.
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 6:13am
NC.
.....what is it that the media and the upper echelons do not want us to know?

That we are being managed!
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 6:27am
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.”
Heraclitus (circa 535-475 BCE
Stone-Eater Added Aug 2, 2018 - 9:15am
Expat

Me too. Seems to me that all of them are biased nowadays...
The Mogget Added Aug 2, 2018 - 10:20am
@EXPAT
As much as I agree with the sentiment of the article, it is lacking something. It is an opinion piece about opinion pieces. The backhistory you gave could have been backed up with some more hard facts, or maybe your thesis could have been backed by a study or something.

There is actually an excellent book that agrees with you by Pinker, called Enlightenment Now. Instead of just calling out their opinions as wrong using his own opinion, Pinker used immense amounts of publicly-available data and scholarship to systematically prove that the gloom-and-doom view of the world is false. Your article could use a quote or chart from there.  https://www.amazon.com/Enlightenment-Now-Science-Humanism-Progress-ebook/dp/B073TJBYTB/ref=sr_1_3?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1532186402&sr=1-3&keywords=enlightenment+now#
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 10:45am
Maggot. Point well taken. I addressed this in the first paragraph of the article:
And I provided a study:

But just like you, nobody on WB bothers to go to the cites. This is not a site where intellectual discussion gets attention.
Bill Kamps Added Aug 2, 2018 - 8:46pm
It is interesting.  In years gone past the media would hide things from the population, "for the good of the country".   Things like why we really were in Viet Nam, or who killed JFK, or how JBJ made his millions.  Common knowledge to many, but not to the American People.

Now, because we have the internet, and have our own access, the plan is to inundate with so much "news" that we cant tell up from down.  Same result, different tactics.
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 9:46pm
Bill Kamps. I used Watergate as an example of presenting malfeasance honestly. I used the efforts  by the press to undermine negotiations with NOKO, to present Trump as a failure, as an example of  Fake News. Apparently you cannot understand the difference.
Covering up for bad behavior, as the Media and FBI did for Hillary, is a betrayal of the trust people once had for the fourth estate and agencies who are trusted to preserve or system of government.  Your confused state of mind is exemplified in your sarcastic examples of cover ups.
 "In years gone past the media would hide things from the population, "for the good of the country".   Things like why we really were in Viet Nam, or who killed JFK, or how JBJ made his millions."
I really don't think it was for the good of the country; DO YOU?

Edward Snowden tried to peddle his stolen NSA files to the NY Times. He was turned down. The NYT knew the information he wanted to make public would harm National Security, and refused to publish it. THAT IS MEDIA ACTING RESPOSIBLY! He had to go to Britain to betray his country.

It is a pity you cannot understand that State Secrets are necessary at times, to achieve the desired result.
At least you got it right about the Internet. So much fake information is posted by those who would destroy the USA, and it is impossible for the average person to tell. It was just revealed that Russian agents had hundreds of fake accounts on Facebook.
You never know if the WB poster is a Mullah from Iran, a Russian agent or just an Idiot! LOL
EXPAT Added Aug 2, 2018 - 9:56pm
Stone.
Me too. Seems to me that all of them are biased nowadays...

The Media always was biased. But now they have become dishonest purveyors of emotionalism. "Keep the masses hyped up and addicted to your site!" seems to be their business plan.
EXPAT Added Aug 3, 2018 - 7:39am
Hoe timely was this post! Today Jim Acosta of CNN attacked the Whitehouse spokesperson Sarah Sanders, asking her to disavow Trump calling the Press "The enemy of the people."
It was unimaginable a few years ago, that a WH Correspondent would demand the POTUS respect the press. He actually puts the press on the same level as the President of the US. How egotistical can you get?
Sarah pointed out:
“When I was hosted by the Correspondents’ Association, which almost all of you are members of, you brought a comedian up to attack my appearance and call me a traitor to my own gender,” Sanders said. “As far as I know, I’m the first press secretary in the history of the United States that’s required Secret Service protection.”
Sanders said the media “continues to ratchet up the verbal assault against the president,” noting that the administration has a “role to play” but the media are also responsible for the discourse in America.

Acosta, coward that he is, ran away to Tweet:
“I walked out of the end of that briefing because I am totally saddened by what just happened. Sarah Sanders was repeatedly given a chance to say the press is not the enemy and she wouldn't do it. Shameful,” he wrote.

This clown actually believes the Presidency needs to answer to him for their actions, not just provide information!
By allowing this fool to represent them, they prove that honest journalism is DEAD! Make News, Fake News, but not Report News; "The People can't handle the truth!"
Bill Kamps Added Aug 3, 2018 - 10:29am
I really don't think it was for the good of the country; DO YOU?

No.  I dont think the media EVER was honest and delivered an unbiased point of view.   How that dishonesty was manifested has changed over the decades but it has always been with us.

This is not to say they never reported a story properly, but more often that not it was slanted in some way, often intentionally and sometimes unintentionally.

Why do you say this?  What did I say about state secrets?
Bill Kamps Added Aug 3, 2018 - 10:49am
As for Snowden, some of what he revealed should have been revealed.

Like the NSA was listening on in citizen phone calls.

Like Prism, that the NSA was accessing company servers.

Other things should have been kept secret.

But when the government betrays people's trust, then when the whistle gets blown there is collateral damage.  Too many things are kept secret because they are embarrassing to politicians and leaders, not because they are truly secret.
The Mogget Added Aug 3, 2018 - 7:10pm
@Expat
But just like you, nobody on WB bothers to go to the cites.
Two thoughts. People don't like getting dragged out to other sites. It is good to have the link, but it is even better to have the quote, the chart, or whatever cited in your article directly. I only go to the site if I have a reason to.

I don't think evidence that people mistrust the media is quite what I had in mind. Low trust or ratings doesn't mean that the media is wrong - it just means that people don't trust them. I would rather see evidence cited that their sensationalism is... well... sensational. I want to know if they are presenting the facts, not if people trust their presentation of the facts.
EXPAT Added Aug 3, 2018 - 7:35pm
Moggot. You have no idea how difficult it was to post this article! I tried to copy paste 6 versions of this piece, and WB would not accept the format. As you can see the inset is oversize and the text is COURIER. I had to remove all format and links, to make it work.
Copy/paste from other formats is often prevented, and edit after publication does not work. On another site, your comments would be valid, but on WB, you know not what you speak!
And I do find it annoying, that you need examples of Sensationalism. It is a lot like pornography in that you know it when you see it. Your insistence on the ideal prevents you from living in the real world.
And I have no idea what your barometer is for weighing facts, but I do know that everyone on WB presents FACTS from their own perception. This is not a professional site. My career was composing facts. I know how easily facts can be manipulated.
Maureen Foster Added Aug 4, 2018 - 5:11pm

EXPAT Added Aug 5, 2018 - 1:05am
Maureen.
"Based on what are you able to conclude that the media was more responsible and objective? "

Based on my personal experience. I began as a Journalism Major and am a degreed Political Scientist who learned how to Manipulate the media. If you do not agree that the Watergate era media was more responsible than the screaming, lying media of today. Please state your case.

"The difference between the media today and the past is the internet.  The internet has outed the main stream media for being both biased and irresponsible.  However, that doesn’t mean it behaved any differently in the past.  If anything the internet does a great job of keeping the main stream media more objective and responsible than it was in the past. "

Thirty years ago, almost no one used the Internet for anything. Today, just about everybody uses it for everything. Even as the Web has grown, however, it has narrowed. Google now controls nearly ninety per cent of search advertising, Facebook almost eighty per cent of mobile social traffic, and Amazon about seventy-five per cent of e-book sales. Such dominance, Jonathan Taplin argues, in “target="_blank">Move Fast and Break Things: How Facebook, Google, and Amazon Cornered Culture and Undermined Democracy” (Little, Brown), is essentially monopolistic. In his account, the new monopolies are even more powerful than the old ones, which tended to be limited to a single product or service. Carnegie, Taplin suggests, would have been envious of the reach of Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos.

Maureen Foster Added Aug 5, 2018 - 5:42am

The point of my original question was that there is no way to ascertain the quality level of journalism in the past versus today.  This article is all based on your feelings.  I’ll use your own example against you, because the media was so biased in the past, Nixon was forced to resign for doing far less than what Hillary and Bill Clinton did, and nothing happened to either of them.  As for screaming and lying, I suggest you turn the channel.  The media source I prefer does neither.

We agree that the internet was not used in the past and that today it is.  Are you trying to say that’s a bad thing?

It’s most definitely good that all of us have a more powerful and timely source for news than the past.  The fact Google is the preferred search engine, Amazon is the preferred internet retailer and Facebook is the preferred Social Network doesn’t have anything to do with this discussion.  I don’t get my news from Google, Amazon or Facebook.  However, even if I did, it’s good to receive news from more than just ABC, NBC and CBS.

Or is this an article trying to make the point that during the days when the Main Stream Media television networks dominated, our information was better?
FacePalm Added Aug 5, 2018 - 9:25am
Hey, Expat-
My first day posting here, so am unfamiliar with the cast of characters or their predilections.
The media is one of my favorite topics; i've also subscribed to www.liberty-tree.ca for several years, and i have many media-related citations, including but not limited to one by William Colby, who said "The Central Intelligence agency owns everyone of significance in the media."  Note that he did NOT specify "only in America."

But based on what you wrote above, i'm going to try to cut'n'paste an excellent citation which i think encapsulates the current state of the media(i'm going to assume you're fully apprised of Operation Mockingbird, as well):

"I used to be employed as a field engineer servicing [a major broadcast network's] distribution equipment, specifically their affiliates' satellite dishes. I've had many talks with TV newsmen. The most telling was one who confessed that he didn't think he could continue his job and live with himself because he daily saw 'the difference between what I am forced to report and what's really happening.' He told me that, at the first meeting with 'corporate's' news director [from the corporate holding company that owned the station, not the network], the ND told them that '<b>our job as reporters was to shape public opinion</b>.' When someone protested that their job was to discover and report the truth, the ND responded, '<b>Whatever the public's perception is is the truth and it's your job to make sure that they have the proper perceptions</b>.' That man's statement is always in the back of my mind whenever I see or read anything in the 'news,' that the job of reporters today is not to report hard, verifiable facts but rather to shape public opinion using selected facts presented in carefully arranged fashion."
-- Chris Meissen

So, what do you think?  On-point, or off?
BTW, is there any way to edit a post once it's been submitted, or to directly respond to a particular poster, or maybe even a PM function, here?

EXPAT Added Aug 5, 2018 - 10:21am
Maureen.
"Your personal experience is just as biased as the news.  Or are you trying to say you’re the only person on the planet that doesn’t have bias?"

If everyone and every news outlet is biased, why bring it up?
 "This article is all based on your feelings. "
Obviously you did not open the study I provided that shows ratings decline for all media.
Are you so naïve as to think the Internet is independent from the media? Where do you think all those thousands of conflicting internet stories come from?
You need to get your head out of your YouTube and breath the fresh air of reason.
EXPAT Added Aug 5, 2018 - 10:25am
FacePalm. New perspective is always welcome. Your relating personal experience adds personal information, not available from any other source.
Thank you!
FacePalm Added Aug 5, 2018 - 10:32am
Well - thanks, i think; i thought i asked for feedback and had a couple of questions, too, but it's entirely possible you're a very busy man who doesn't have loads of time, so...oh, well.
Do you know if there's any way to turn off the email notifications?  If this keeps up, i'm going to have to classify them as "junk" and delete them later.
EXPAT Added Aug 6, 2018 - 3:48am
FacePalm. I responded to you in a timely manner. The personal narration you pasted supports the premise of the article. A lawyer would call it corroborating evidence. The only feedback I could offer is "I agree." and although not saying that specifically, I proffered :  Your relating personal experience adds personal information, not available from any other source.
Thank you!
I thought that was adequate. Sorry you were disappointed.
Your questions should have been addressed to Autumn, but I will offer what I know.
Do you know if there's any way to turn off the email notifications?
Yes. Open your profile, and under profile you will find a question. Do you want to change your email settings? Click Yes. And the option for no email will appear. Save new settings.

BTW, is there any way to edit a post once it's been submitted,
If you are the author of the article, Open your profile and under your article, there is an edit option. But when I tried to use it last, it wasn't working.

No. all you can do is use the commenters name you wish to address.

FacePalm Added Aug 6, 2018 - 5:58am
Ok, thanks.  Apologies for being a PITA, or a minor annoyance, de minimus.  i'd discovered that i can edit my own article earlier, but thought there might be a way to edit a comment, too.
Earlier this AM, i spent at least a couple hours responding to everyone who'd posted in re: the article that was initiated here yesterday, only to discover that a) there's a limit to how many characters can be posted at once, and b) you can't use the "back" function to pick up what was lost.  So, now i know better; i'll form my replies separately on a Word doc, then transfer them piecemeal.
i understand that some changes might be forthcoming to the format here, which i will certainly welcome.

On point to your article, i hope, you may recall that Sean Hannity is fond of saying that Journalism is dead.  i think you and he are both correct.  If i understand it aright, true journalism is to do investigation of this or that, report the truth and facts, and leave conclusions to the listener.
No more, as evidenced in the citation supplied earlier.
News is now "infotainment," meant more to titillate than to inform;  "reporting" is but a transparent attempt to frame a point of view coherent with the current zeitgeist, more along the line of "When i want your opinion, i'll give it to you" than any trust in the intelligence of the audience.  The result is mostly pre-chewed pablum, not the raw meat which might only be safely consumed when masticated thoroughly.

America was designed as an experiment in SELF-government, but everywhere people are taught "obedience to authority," instead.

EXPAT Added Aug 6, 2018 - 10:53am
FacePalm. You are being way to kind to the Media, because Media means mass communication. They have given up on communication and replaced it with sensationalism. The Supermarket Tabloids were a source of ridicule when first introduced. Intended for low IQ patrons who saw conspiracy everywhere.
But their style of fabricating news instead of reporting it, was much more cost effective and controllable, so the MSM adopted their means and methods.
How do they fabricate news you say. Well, there is always an element of unknown, and minute details that mislead one, in most stories.
By concentrating on the unknown, or the minute details that differ from the preponderance of the story, you can change the meaning of the event.

An infamous example I recall, was a Tea Party rally. 20,000 people showed up made speeches about what needed to be changed, waved American flags, and cleaned the area when they were done. A Patriotic rally for change using peaceful protest as is our system. But ONE guy showed up with a KKK flag and a shirt made of a Confederate flag. HE became the story for the Left Media. TEA PARTY RALLY PREACHES HATE! His photo was everywhere. And that story was embellished all over the Internet, and is still repeated today.

The MSM has one goal. The overthrow of the duly elected government. So they fabricate Russian collusion stories, use the power of a special prosecutor to coarse minor members of the administration, hoping they have, or will compose evidence against Trump. And in general, are a propaganda tool for the Democraps.

When the Media, becomes the enemy of the state, it is no longer a Media, but a tool to deceive.
FacePalm Added Aug 7, 2018 - 8:56am
i agree(and think you may have meant "coerce"), but MSM has owners, and the piper-payer calls the tune.
i must be one of those low-iq people who see conspiracies everywhere, though i'm not a buyer/reader of tabloids.
IMO, there are only 2 viable theories to human history: things happen by accident or they happen on purpose.   i'm convinced that most things happen on purpose.  When any 2 or more people meet in secret and plan for something to happen to any other person or people, that is, by definition, a conspiracy; a benign example would be a surprise party, but as you're no doubt aware, most true conspiracies are much more malevolent in nature.
i am in accord that the main thrust of MSM at this moment is the unseating, isolation, removal from office or murder of Trump at this point, but i also believe that this is at the behest of their owners, many of whom got rich in the first place in order to pursue their perverse fantasies and be immune from prosecution ... now, here comes Trump, has no vices with which to blackmail him, doesn't belong to any of the secret societies(but knows both their memberships and their ideologies) and to top it all off, is rounding up pedophiles!   Human traffickers, too - the enslavers of humanity, the torturers, the abusers, the creepsickles on toast.  THAT, i believe, is their greatest fear - that their secret depradations taken out on the innocent men, women, and children in their cages(and graves) would be exposed and that they'd have to face justice for it.

Are you familiar with Trump's Dec 21, 2017 EO and Declaration of Emergency?  If so, what do you think it's effect will be if/when fully implemented?

Care to hazard a guess as to why the total media blackout on it?  Or why they're NOT REPORTING on the vast numbers of pedophiles arrested since Jan 20, 2017?
EXPAT Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:26pm
FacePalm

I think it will just force the abusers to change their means and methods, but will give ICE legal authority to seize assets and the children they try to bring across our borders.
This will only expose the BIG BOYS, the world leaders and politicians who profit from human trafficking and slavery, but it will not stop the trade at the street level.
I have commented extensively on Jeff Jackson's article:
Imparting Inclinations Involving Indentured Servitude
EXPAT Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:42pm

Because the Democraps and their supporters in MSM, claim to be the protectors of human rights! For them, Trump is a racist abuser of Minority children and immigrants who are fleeing oppression.
His actions are just the opposite of what they portend. To admit that Trump as POTUS, has done more for Human Rights than their champion B. Hussein Obama, contradicts all the lies they have perpetrated. So They just pretend it never happened, knowing that most people will never know.
It will be interesting to see if this Declaration of Emergency is implemented in the latest New Mexico compound story, they couldn't hide.
Sheriff: Armed extremists arrested in NM compound found with 11 kids ...

name="am-b5">

3 hours ago - The three women are charged with child abuse. ... were most likely heavily armed and considered extremist of the Muslim belief,” Hogrefe said.
FacePalm Added Aug 9, 2018 - 7:08am
My sincere hope is that Trump will be able to use the power of the USG to root out the satanist pedophiles who've been steadily sapping America's strength for decades in order to implement their ultimate fantasy:  the rebirth of the "Ancien Régime" of pre-revolutionary France, where above-the-law aristocrats are free to indulge their perversions and predations with impunity, due to their omnipresent surveillance state which could easily identify and eliminate potential revolutionaries, some even before they realize that's what they ARE!

From the reading i've done, they apparently want to break the world into various corporation-dominated hegemonies, kill off the "uncooperative," and indulge themselves to their heart's content on every manner of evil imaginable - and all in service to the evil one himself, satan, once known as Lucifer.  This also accounts for their antipathy toward Christianity, as well as their documented efforts to infiltrate and undermine multiple churches from within, as well...then there were the deliberate financing of allegedly "atheistic" socialist countries which murdered and tormented christians as a routine matter of "state policy," as is continued to this day in China.

But, just my opinion, nothing more.

Thanks for the reading recommendation; i'd seen that article, but hadn't read it yet.  It didn't look to have much in the way of interest for me, but if Trump's EO and DoE are discussed, then i'm in!
Eric Reports Added Aug 13, 2018 - 11:47am
Watch and read multiple news souces.  Even the MSM is good for a few laughs.