West Hollywood wants to rip out Trumps Hollywood Star, becasue they hate him

Recently in California the West Hollywood City Council voted unanimously in favor of a resolution to ask for the removal of Trump's star, citing his "disturbing treatment of women and other actions that do not meet the shared values of the City of West Hollywood, the region, state, and country." It cited President Donald Trump's lewd comments on the Access Hollywood tape, his policy of separating families at the border, and his denial of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

I've been to that part of town and lots of stars have the names of people who we now know abused women, including Bill Cosby.  Trump didn't create or endorse the rules that cause families to be separated from the border.  To the best of my knowledge no one has been able to prove Trump worked with Russia.  Trump's behavior towards women may not be seller but it pales when compared to other star holders like Cosby and there are many others whose reputations are just as stained.

What we have here is a political statement, from people who hate Trump, nothing more.  They may speak for most people in West Hollywood, but they don't speak for the country, and certainly are expressing a hypocritical double standard they don't apply evenly to other members of their own Hollywood community.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Aug 7, 2018 - 12:37pm
 Trump earned the star, ask Melania and Ivanka if they're well-treated, while Trump has to deal with complex issues as president.
TexasLynn Added Aug 7, 2018 - 2:03pm
Riley, This is just more Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS); irrational lashing out with a good dose of hypocrisy.  If you had told me the left would be THIS unhinged before the election I wouldn't have believed you; now... NOTHING surprises me anymore.

All you have to do is read the posts and comments of the leftist on WB to realize it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Riley Brown Added Aug 7, 2018 - 2:31pm
Texas I don't see how all these people can be so critical of everything Trump does without also looking in a mirror to see what they are doing themselves.

Trump often shoots off tweets without fully knowing what's going on, and I'm sure often looks back and realizes he's tweeted some stupid things by not waiting to become more fully acquainted with all the facts, but then again his tweets are more like him thinking  out loud than the carefully crafted public statements other politicians usually provide.  How many of us don't think similar thoughts but hold off on speaking until we have a few more facts?  I only have to look at the forum example to see hypocrisy.

One of their poster boy examples of how despicable Trump is was HIS policy of separating children, and it's not his policy.   Hollywood calling Trump names for womanizing, really is the pot calling the kettle black, Hollywood practically runs on overt sexuality, women use it to get ahead and men gladly partake in the game to a degree that is much more egregious than anything in Trump's life.

Giant Hypocrites who aren't living in reality, but then again in their world Hillary wiped Trump out in a historic landslide... only overturned by Trump's deals with Russia...  Yea right.
Katharine Otto Added Aug 7, 2018 - 3:27pm
Riley,
The whole world seems obsessed with Trump, lovers and haters alike.  The star removal is just another symptom.  US politics has become a soap opera, a "made-for-television" performance with Trump as the star.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Aug 7, 2018 - 3:37pm
And it has nothing to do with Trump nor is it new. I have noticed a soap-operazation of the news media during the course of the last decade that was extreme. Umpteen years ago, I told people that I don;t want to be informed about what politicians say, but what they do.
TexasLynn Added Aug 7, 2018 - 5:21pm
Riley, I think we're on the same page.  It's unnerving to me the degree to which objectivity and rationality have been thrown out the window.  You can't even hold a conversation with these people.

I am no fan of Trump.  I didn't vote for him (nor any of the top four); yet I don't reject him as my President.  Trump is my President... Obama was my President.

I'm sitting here calling balls and strikes... some things I like and agree with the policy... then there are things that make me cringe and grit my teeth (like tweets).  Not so much different from other politicians and Presidents.

Meanwhile I'm watching the other side of the ideological aisle taking turns lighting their hair on fire and screaming their ^%$#ing heads off.  The man can do nothing... NOTHING... right.

There is no way for them to see the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome going on here.  When everything is a scandal and a catastrophe... people quickly realize nothing is.

Good observations and post... but we're likely just preaching to the choir.
wsucram15 Added Aug 7, 2018 - 7:50pm
Actually as much as I dont like him, this is a bridge too far, even for Hollywood.  I disagree with the removal of his star, sorry.
Cullen Kehoe Added Aug 7, 2018 - 8:18pm
Maybe these people actually believe the news coverage of Trump?

The news media would have you believe Trump and Sessions came up with the policy of separating children from parents at the border, out of thin air (a blatant lie...it's the result of the series of court decisions going back to 1997 called the Flores Agreement).

The Access Hollywood tape was disgusting. But nothing has been proven on the Russia collusion yet. (But things could get interesting if Cohen has intimate details of Don Jr.'s Russia meeting at Trump tower).
Lindsay Wheeler Added Aug 7, 2018 - 8:19pm
America has become a three-ring circus. It is total banality.
Doug Steltenpohl Added Aug 7, 2018 - 8:35pm
I also think that once people are nominated for the star,, the star has to pay $$$ to get that star.. it isn't free.. But I agree, this has gone way to far with Trump and I do not think I have ever seen so much hate for someone and negative press that he gets.. It is sad.. As ,much as I did not like Obama's policies, I still prayed for him and the Country because if the President does well, so does the Country
Spartacus Added Aug 7, 2018 - 10:14pm
The only people who are losing their star is the left-wing propagandists.

Hollywood and its blood sisters, the MSM, are losing stardom influence in America.  Most people don't believe their mantra anymore.  This is not directly Trump's doing but moreso alternative media options available through the internet.

Nonetheless, Trump is the lightning rod as he is now the people's champion thrusting the final blows into that beleaguered industry.
They are losing power and that is why they hate him.
wsucram15 Added Aug 7, 2018 - 10:56pm
William..ewww.  Mantra..propagandists..alternative media..lightening rod...losing power?
Sounds like you are watching too much IDK...something.
Quit with the crap you heard somewhere and understand that he, the media and the entertainment industry are all on the same page.  All of them are making money hand over fist right now.
They are all in the 1%.  We are not.
Just sayin...
Mark Hunter Added Aug 7, 2018 - 11:50pm
Based on moral standards? They're going to have to rip up all the stars.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Aug 8, 2018 - 12:26am
It's my understanding convicted criminal Cosby's star is adjacent to Trump's yet remains unmolested. Pun intended.
wsucram15 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 12:34am
Mark and Jeffry...touche' to you both.
Flying Junior Added Aug 8, 2018 - 1:09am
Well, when you think about it...

Just when did DJT become a movie star anyway?
wsucram15 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 1:17am
FJ..my BF asked me that question. No idea.
kong 1967 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 2:08am
Agree with the left or they will try to silence you or purge anything you earned....like your job or your star.  If this isn't communist or fascist I don't know what is.
kong 1967 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 2:10am
Flying Jr.....he wasn't a movie star, but he was a famous TV personality.
kong 1967 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 2:12am
I find it quite rich that they use his vulgarity as a reason.  Have they not watched they're own movies or to what other people that have stars have said?
Lindsay Wheeler Added Aug 8, 2018 - 2:34am
From Breitbart News " 'Trump Standard’ Means These H’Wood Leftists Lose Walk of Fame Stars – Bye, John Lennon!"
by John Nolte. He composed this list:

People who already have stars:

Charlie Chaplin – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">statutory rape
Kevin Spacey – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">child molestation
Muhammad Ali – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">spousal abuse
Alec Baldwin – accused of numerous acts of target="_blank" rel="noopener external">violence and bullying
John Lennon – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">admitted to serial domestic abuse
Bill Murray – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">domestic abuse
John Barrymore – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">domestic abuse
Dustin Hoffman – sexual harassment
John Lasseter – unwanted touching and harassment
Arnold Schwarzenegger – target="_blank" rel="noopener external">groping women
And there will be no Walk for Fame stars for…
target="_blank" rel="noopener external">Johnny Depp
target="_blank" rel="noopener external">Jim Carrey
target="_blank" rel="noopener external">Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Sen. Al Franken
target="_blank" rel="noopener external">Terence Howard
target="_blank" rel="noopener external">David O. Russell
Ryan Messano Added Aug 8, 2018 - 3:11am
Having a star removed from Hollyweird is having a star added to your crown in heaven.
Flying Junior Added Aug 8, 2018 - 3:25am
Ryan,

Do you expect to meet up with Trump in heaven?  Maybe you should mostly worry about whether or not your name is in the Lamb's Book of Life.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 6:51am
Ha Ha - I'd rip out his star and shove it up his arse!
David Montaigne Added Aug 8, 2018 - 6:52am
The lunatic left lives in such a bubble - an echo chamber of agreement from other liberals - that they believe they are not just right, but very obviously right, and in the overwhelming majority on their leftist opinions.  I wish they could achieve their socialist utopia and experience hell like Venezuela - and learn their lesson and come back towards reality politically - without hurting millions of innocent citizens who didn't want their Marxist nonsense.
Spartacus Added Aug 8, 2018 - 7:12am
Quit with the crap you heard somewhere and  . . .

Wake up and smell the coffee, wsu.   Oh, wait.  Was that too out of bounds for your taste?

All of them are making money hand over fist right now.
Keep smoking that shit, girl.  It's good for your complexion.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Aug 8, 2018 - 7:52am
Ha Ha - I'd rip out his star and shove it up his arse!

Says the internet tough guy that claims in other posts that violence of any kind is unacceptable.

TexasLynn Added Aug 8, 2018 - 10:09am
TexasLynn >> It's unnerving to me the degree to which objectivity and rationality have been thrown out the window.  You can't even hold a conversation with these people.

Opher >> Ha Ha - I'd rip out his star and shove it up his arse!

Thank you, Opher.  Here is a perfect example of the unhinged left when it comes to Trump.  THIS is where they take the debate...
Riley Brown Added Aug 8, 2018 - 10:40am
Opher, I hope you are only joking, I've come to expect more from you.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 11:20am
TexasLynn Added Aug 8, 2018 - 11:41am
Opher >> Riley - of course. Just winding people up. I knew they'd go for it. So easy.....

As usual... you don't have to go far to prove intellectual duplicity when it comes to Opher Goodwin.

"We are told that Fascists, like Tommy Robinson and Trump have the answers. Indeed, Western civilisation is under threat... It certainly was in Russia's interest to have Trump and Brexit. Look at the madness and decay it has unleashed!... It feels as if the world is going backwards and Trump is orchestrating that for his own selfish ends... The whole of Trump's tactics of undermining experts, scientists and the media is creating instability that threatens alliances and democracy...  Trump used every fascist tactic going." -- from Opher Goodwin's last post

This is just within the last 24 hours people... imagine the volume over the last month or six months.

Winding people up?... You're so wound up with TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) if you ever come unwound you'll spin for a month.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 12:31pm
Tex - have you lost your sense of humour??
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 12:32pm
Tex - it's a shame you don't see what Trump is really doing. You're hiding behind an entrenched position. Time to open your eyes and start really thinking.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 12:35pm
Tex - BTW - this rather puerile TDS thing is all a bit too silly isn't it? Why not try engaging as adults? All too convenient to package everything up as a label and not have to think about it. This is a debating site isn't it? A place for intelligent intercourse? Or is it just a sounding board for extremists?
TexasLynn Added Aug 8, 2018 - 1:08pm
Opher... if you haven't noticed... this entire post is about the unhinged response to Trump.  Thus... TDS is kinda relevant here.

I know you don't like labels, especially when they are so apt; I'm not going to be bullied into not using them... so get used to it.

While we're on the subject, you don't seem to have a problem with the fascist label for Trump, do you?  I guess that's what passes for "debate" and "intelligent intercourse"...  not "extremists" at all is it?

I'll say it (and label it) again.  T... D... S...
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 2:44pm
TDS is childish Tex. A silly patronising childishness. The work of children.
TexasLynn Added Aug 8, 2018 - 3:15pm
I realize you want that acronym to go away Opher... must be hitting a nerve. :)  Good. :)  When apt (and it almost always is with ANY of your posts/comments) I'll use it. "Childish" didn't seem to work; why not label it "fascist" and see if that does the trick.

But to add a little variety... how about Trump Acceptance Resistance Disorder (TARD)*

"Don't worry, scrote. There are plenty of 'tards out there living really kick-ass lives."**  Then again, I suspect that there are plenty of you out there that can barely function to the point of taking a pick-ax to private property; voting not to replace said private property, and/or (figuratively) advocating for said private property to be deposited up the President's arse.

And we conservatives don't have a since of humor? :)

* Completely stolen/quoted from Jeffry Gilbert
** Completely stolen/quoted from Idiocracy
wsucram15 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 5:00pm
William..I see you would love to blame me on something..but alas, no drinking, drugs or even cigarettes.
I do occasionally like cappuccino though, iced.  I have a nice cafe I like where I occasionally read a paper with my drink or even just read a chapter in a book.
However..enough of you....it was fun for a minute and now you just bore me.

What does interest me is the level of Opher dislike on this or actually any other thread..
What happened to being to PC people?  Isnt he allowed to open up and voice his opinion openly?

I mean some of you on here have justified rape to a degree, misogyny, the separation of babies from the parents(which even the administration admitted was wrong),  white supremacy (and dont say some of you did not), the death of a girl by auto blaming it on the protests, and I could go on..

Why would you attack someone for venting about his feelings about an inanimate object?

Riley Brown Added Aug 8, 2018 - 5:56pm
wsucram, you do realize that when American citizens get busted for minor crimes, like stealing a loaf of bread, the are separated from their families before they are incarcerated???

What is happening to illegals who get caught sneaking across the border is no different and Trump didn't create or endorse the rules requiring they be separated.

Do you think we should stop separating parents from children when American citizens get caught breaking the law?
Riley Brown Added Aug 8, 2018 - 5:59pm
Texas, Opher has been a lot of things but never a serial abuser when it comes to his posts.

I suspected he was just having fun when he couldn't even bring himself to say "up his ass" but instead went for the PC version.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 6:52pm
Tex - I think you are losing yours. I just find this silly labelling lazy. It's a way of not having to engage intelligently. A bit silly and sad. It's also rather boring.
opher goodwin Added Aug 8, 2018 - 6:55pm
Yeah sorry Riley. I shouldn't go out to rile people up. It was poor. I just couldn't resist.
BTW - In the UK an ass is a donkey - an arse is what you shit through and is applied to a number of people - mainly politicians and bankers.
Spartacus Added Aug 8, 2018 - 7:40pm
However..enough of you....it was fun for a minute and now you just bore me.

LOL.  Ok wsu.  Just ignore me -- or write a 500-word response as you did.
Tell, me, please.  How do you feel about being on the losing side of your arguments here and in politics?  eh?

The inanimate object argument.  LOL.  That is rich.

News headlines today:
"Across the country, far-left progressives and democratic socialists suffered decisive electoral defeats in Tuesday's primaries, despite high-profile barnstorming efforts by left-leaning leaders like Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez."

LOSER!  (how do you like them apples?)
Spartacus Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:13pm
I mean some of you on here have justified rape to a degree, misogyny, the separation of babies from the parents(which even the administration admitted was wrong),  white supremacy (and dont say some of you did not)

Can you write your thoughts out correctly wsu or are you saying ALL of us have justified rape, misogyny, separation of babies from parents (in my neck of the woods that is called divorce), white supremacy?
Is writing a cogent and coherent thought becoming more difficult?

See wsu, this is you and your losing side doing the same damn thing it has been doing for decades.  Blaming everyone else and heaping scorn on innocent people.  Shame on you (lol, if any additional shame would make any difference to the already loathful)
Well keep losing like you have been for the last 4 years.
LOSER!!
Riley Brown Added Aug 8, 2018 - 9:30pm
Opher, I don't mind if you pull a few chains, and stir things up.  Some of my forum topics are intended to do just that, make people think and sometimes even maybe challenge their values.
wsucram15 Added Aug 8, 2018 - 11:11pm
Riley..not juveniles. They cannot be questioned even without a parent or legal representative present.

I know he didnt invent the law but he did create the new policy of Zero tolerance in April 2018, which made the existing law worse.  He reversed the families portion on june 20th.

Nah..what is happening is people who know NOTHING about US immigration law, dont understand english, etc..are put through a quick process to sign off their kids and deported so they can be released.
Even the kids go through immigration court and no representation is given, it is done in English and most cannot afford representation. While they are allowed due process due to SC ruling, no defense is provided.
 How is a little kid supposed to understand a legal process like that?  Ive seen interviews with one of the immigration prosecutors who did a video showing him interviewing the little children understanding the process, which was a joke.

Its not the same Riley and I never said it should be, but you cannot take a baby from its mother, tell the staff hands off and expect the baby to be fine. There is NO documentation on some of this from the government- they even say this has been a problem and was incorrect by reversing it.

I agree we have an issue with immigration..but that policy was wrong both the first time and the second.

Riley Brown Added Aug 8, 2018 - 11:35pm
wsucram, Trump put an end to catch and release and the only reason it became an issue is that Democrats want to create an overload condition in the courts that have to hear those cases so that most will have to be let go because they can't be processed on time.

A two-decade-old court settlement, the Flores settlement, and a law called the Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act both specify how the government must treat migrant children.
They require that migrant children be placed in "the least restrictive environment" or sent to live with family members. They also limit how long families with children can be detained; courts have interpreted that limit as 20 days. Previous administrations have released families to meet these requirements.

I don't see what questioning minors has to do with this issue, it's the parents who break the law, their children are just along for the ride, if they accompany them.  The vast majority of children who are being detained did not arrive with their parents, they arrived with smugglers.  Parents usually come first, and then send for their kids and other family members.
wsucram15 Added Aug 9, 2018 - 12:06am
You asked me the question about being separated from their families. and should it happen to Americans.  So I gave you my opinion. If that is what the intention of Dems is, which you have no idea- its a guess, then that would be wrong.   However, like Republicans and especially Nunes..I think the mid-terms has most elected officials acting odd.

I do think we need to expedite this process and return people not eligible for eiter type of asylum  status whether as  to their homes and also curtail visas.
I understand the "least restrictive environment' rule,  which I would agree with for Children, I have debated and actually written an article about it.  My beef is -  Not babies. It was my only argument, ever.
Also the kids are placed in front of immigration court. They are not US citizens.
Michael B. Added Aug 9, 2018 - 12:24am
Riley, you are nothing more or less than a hermaphroditic traitor to your own class of carpet-munchers and turd-tunnel travelers. Despite what you project, and what others may think, I have no doubts whatsoever that you are a chick with a dick, or in (tentative?) possession of a panty oyster.
Flying Junior Added Aug 9, 2018 - 2:57am
Michael,

You fucker!  You made me laugh three times.  I'm still smiling and chuckling.  Dammit!  I just giggled.  Twice.  I guess I'm still laughing.

You're a sick puppy!
Riley Brown Added Aug 9, 2018 - 10:07am
Michael B, how observant you are.

I am impressed by what you focused on in my forum and how much thought you put into your last comment.

I think it says much more about you than it does about me.
Riley Brown Added Aug 9, 2018 - 10:11am
Wsucram, yes you did touch on one very important fact, these people are not US citizens and are not automatically endowed with the rights and  processes we guarantee our own citizens.

I am sure that immigration authorities have attempted to make it as difficult as possible for poor foreigners to come here legally.  Part may be they don't like them, but I think a much larger part is that there are so many that they are overwhelmed and want to discourage a many as they can.