Imagine promises meaning something

A promise made, a promise kept.  Imagine a return to a sense of civility. People treating others with opposing opinions without descending into conversation which use the negative force of four-letter words.  Wouldn’t that be a nice change?

It’s been awhile since I ventured into Writers Beat.  I prefer facts as opposed to opinions.  Unfortunately, feelings seem to take precedence over what is actually happening.

I am the one who wrote the article over 2 years ago “Why I am supporting Donald Trump for President” before he was elected.  I am back today to express to you that my reasoning continues to be proven correct by the accomplishments (against all odds) Donald Trump has achieved in less than 2 years of being in office.  I spoke to the turning point of selecting a Supreme Court Justice who was well versed in the U.S. Constitution – promise made, promise kept.  Now we are looking at another selection which will balance the scales and return the Supreme Court to Constitutionalist.  After all, it is the responsibility of our elected Law Makers to change laws and not depend on the Supreme Court to. The responsibility of the Supreme Court Justices is to enforce the laws, not write or change them.

I spoke to the logic of returning prosperity to the United States as a positive thing, which could also be a positive thing for the rest of the world.  Promise made, promise still being worked on in the attempt and hard line stance to obtain free trade around the world with zero tariffs on any nation.  There is no doubt in my mind the American middle class brought Donald Trump to the finish line and will support him in the midterm and 2020.  The European Union is back at the table, as is the UK, and others will follow.

Black, Hispanic, Asian and women have achieved the lowest unemployment levels in over 2 decades.  The growth in the stock market is unparalleled and since the tax cut was implemented, more and more off shore capital is being reinvested into our economy.  Today, our economy is up 5.5% while China’s dis down 15%.  Make America Rich Again – promise made, promise obviously being worked on.

As recent as today, “Obama economic Adviser admits Trump’s economy is working”, even for poorest Americans. Quoting from the article written by Ben Jamin Arie August 5th, 2018, [“The rich get richer, while the poor get poorer.”  That’s the claim spread by many liberals, at least….but even one of Barack Obama’s former economic advisers just admitted that it’s a load of bunk]  Another quote from the article, [ Now, there’s evidence that under Donald Trump’s presidency, so-called “poor” Americans – actually very well-off by global standards – are getting ahead at a faster rate than the wealthy.}  He went on to say, “You are actually seeing faster wage growth at the bottom than as the top, so I don’t see (widespread inequality) either.”

The left claimed the Presidents stance with North Korea was going to lead to Nuclear War – instead we have captives returned, soldier’s remains being returned for the Korean War and no missiles being tested over Japan. – that’s a good thing.  The left didn’t want him to meet with Putin and called him out for not publicly disparaging Putin when they met, Instead he opened a dialogue with him.  The truth is: It takes communication to get to Cooperation, so talking is a good thing.

NATO has expected the United States to defend their borders with our troops and equipment but not holding up their end of the bargain by paying their agreed upon 2% of their respective GDP – Today the stance is – pay or protect your own borders – More are starting to pay as a result of this Presidents policies.  And last but not least, building a wall between California, Arizona, New Mexico and Texas and Mexico is very important.  Legal immigration is a good thing – the media likes to put illegal immigration into the same conversation, but always leave out the word “Illegal”.  The President said we will build a wall and Mexico will pay for it.  The left believes it means Mexico must write a check.  However, what they will not tell you is the truth.  Mexico is already paying for the wall in the loss of the new factory Ford didn’t build in Mexico but located back in the U.S., and the same thing happened with Carrier and Chrysler just to name a few.  Add up the loss of revenue and related loss of jobs in Mexico and you will soon start to see the wisdom of this President.  Make no doubt about it, Mexico is paying for the wall.

I will close with this question:  Why is it so important to spend billions of dollars and American lives and lifestyles for those who come home without limbs, to protect their borders yet such a stretch to protect our own.  Like him or hate the President, he is delivering on the promises he made to the American people in spite of the main stream media’s constant attacks and some within the Republican Party as well.  The mid term elections will be the true test of the Trump policies with nearly 50 Republican law makers not running for re-election, which in my opinion is Rino’s falling on their swords to increase the chances of a Blue Wave in the mid-terms in hopes, of achieving  the pathway to his impeachment as the end game.  Make no doubt about it, middle class America is still behind this President.  Actions and results still speak much louder than words.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:34am
 I can imagine, but keeping promises requires morals and values and I'm afraid we're losing our morality steadily.
Ward Tipton Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:41am
On the one hand, I am glad you were proven correct. On the other hand, far too many people see any opposing views or interpretation of the facts as a personal attack meriting a violent response. Unfortunately, as long as there is more cussin' than discussin', nothing will ever be resolved. When people think that an opposing viewpoint merits a violent response, only madness and chaos will ever ensue as a result.
Ward Tipton Added Aug 8, 2018 - 8:42am
Morality? That's like that old cursive writing stuff right? Just so ... old school?
Mustafa Kemal Added Aug 8, 2018 - 9:23am
Jim, It is correct that Trump has kept some of his promises.

I was with Trump because of his promise to drain the swamp and avoid foreign entanglements. The minute he came in office, he loaded up with swamp creatures, MIC generals, his family in the White House, and now Goldman Sachs were his best buddies and the first thing he did was start dropping bombs on Syria, restart our 16 year old war in Afghanistan, send troops into Yemen. He hasnt made Mexico pay for any wall and he hasnt started MAGA.

The corporate buybacks are rockin though, as are the number of Maseratis I see driving around town.  It still feels to me like the continued destruction of the middle class.

The great thing about Trump is he actually know what results are. And after a few more years of our downward trend well see how he splains it as MAGA.  Of course, according to him, he has already MAGA, he now wants to  KAG( Keep American Great).

Mustafa

Jim Perlow Added Aug 8, 2018 - 3:35pm
There is more than one way to save money.  Over 2 Billion dollars of new plant and equipment taken from Mexico and put into Michigan might just seem likes bricks and cement to someone, but a dollar saved is a dollar earned.  And the decision based upon the new tax changes means more employment and less welfare for some out of work Americans.  Mexico's loss, came at the cost of over 2 Billion dollars without even mentioning the numbers of Mexicans who lost their jobs too.  President Obama drew red lines in the global arena only to back down and was quickly moved into the box as weak.  President Trump told the Syrian leadership if you use Chemical weapons on your citizens, the United States will respond, and he simply followed thru.  Regarding his administration, were you aware there are still approximately 400 positions to be filled by people waiting to get thru confirmation?  The Federal Government is a big machine with many working and broken parts.  I believe he is working as quick as he can to remove the corrupt deep state non elected employees asap.   It takes money to make money.  The larger the Corporations become in this nation, the more jobs to be filled will follow.  I have run a business and I know the difference between leadership and management.  In my opinion, he is a leader.  Quick to act and when all the dust settles and all the rumors fly, seems to have made more good choices than otherwise.
Thanks for your feed back, I appreciate it.
Autumn Cote Added Aug 8, 2018 - 4:09pm
Please note, the best way to draw more attention to your work is to comment on the work of others.  I also recommend offering as many personal responses as possible.
Mustafa Kemal Added Aug 8, 2018 - 5:10pm
Jim,

much of what you say is true.  However, in the past helping large corporations didnt tend to trickle down very much.  But as I said,
if it works it works. I will believe it when I see it. I just suspect that whatever benefits will not be for you or me.  Think of his fellow Billionaires, a large number of which he has staffed his cabinet with.

re"President Trump told the Syrian leadership if you use Chemical weapons on your citizens, the United States will respond, and he simply followed thru."

But they didnt and he knew it.   The "look a dead baby" scam is very worn a tired, although it appears to still work.

re"I believe he is working as quick as he can to remove the corrupt deep state non elected employees asap. "
You can believe it but his track record on the swamp is dismal.
Of course, they too are having their difficulties and Trump is exposing much of that. Bravo for him there.

re:"It takes money to make money. "
Thats one way, the other is not to throw it away; payraise to the already bloated Pentagon larger than the annual russian military budget. Thats just the payraise. And of course, he had to throw a bone of the same size to the Democrats.

Can you imagine how much we would MAGA if we saved half,
300B per year, and put that into our infrastructure and training?

Making money is easy if you control the levers of making money, like the banks and walls street and the large corporations. But there is also returning to making stuff. I thought that was what this was suppose  to be about, but I aint seein it.

Mustafa

Sam Nowaczynski Added Aug 9, 2018 - 10:13am
To be sure, Trump has a long list of accomplishments.  It’s also true he has a long list of failures, which you totally ignored in this article.  At the end of the day, I prefer him to Obama, but that’s a really low bar.  As for your closing question, there are good reasons for every member of the military currently in harm’s way.  As for the border, it is protected.  You can go to any border town and see large walls, complete with barbed wire and men with guns.

The Mid Term election is not the true test of anything related to Trump, because he’s not on the ballot.  As for RINOs, the biggest RINO I know is Donald Trump.  Guess who sat in the front pew of his most recent wedding?
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 11:05am
Thank you all for keeping your comments civil, I appreciate the effort it takes to do that today.
I see Donald Trump as someone in the middle, who has openly and admittedly said he gave financial support to both sides of the isle.
I see him as a very effective leader, which means making more good decisions than poor ones and not that he has made all the right choices.
Yes, I agree he could easily fit into the RINO category easily.  He has demonstrated to me to be a fiscal conservative and social liberal.
I also believe he is the duly elected CEO of our country and not the CEO of the global order.  To me, this is refreshing.  With all the rewards given to our once American corporations to become global corporations in a failed effort to bring peace thru balancing the economic playing field of the word, I find his efforts to return some sense of pride to this nation also refreshing.
He has given the working class hope for a brighter future with factories and businesses returning to this country.  I ran a business for many years and I can attest to the statement: It's lonely at the top.  No matter how hard you try to make things better for your own family and the families that make up your business, so many others unwilling to take the risk required to be at the top, find it easy to complain about those few people capable of getting things done.
I live in a border state and can tell you, there isn't fencing and or walls separating the U.S. from Mexico.
Jeff Michka Added Aug 9, 2018 - 2:56pm
Gee, I'm so impressed.  Another Trumpist....how unique, how thrilling....how same old shit.  This song of Trumpian praise will draw kudos from WB rightists, and so?  Jimmy P will be soooo happy!!  Ofcourse, how does Jimmy explain "Draining the Swamp meant replcing swamp "creatures" with his own family and business associates.  Let's hope Jimmy doesn't need the VA, for example.  Now there are three "Trump business friends" making VA policy out of Mara-loghole, Trumps golf club in Florida.  None of them were in the military and have vast holdings in private healthcare and pharma, according to Propublica.  They issue policy from the golf club to the VA in Washington DC.  And of course, it's "privatize, privatize."  So the swamp got moved to a luxury golf course.  What an accomplishment!!!  Jimmy P must be SO PROUD of the Orange smear. Aren't YOU?
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 3:36pm
Hi Jeff.  Thanks for taking the time to tell me how you feel about good old Jimmy P.  Actually I am proud to be an American.  I do believe this man is unique and is getting the right stuff done and really do not care if he surrounds himself with his family who he has trust in.  They, unlike way too many in previous administrations have actually been successful.  Yes, I am more than sure daddy's money and influence had something to do with it, but at the end of the day we all succeed or fail on our own.  People without means, at least in the country, can break into more if they are willing to work for it.  The sad truth is this is why there is so much opportunity here, because so few feel they need to only work a little, enough to get by and those who spend countless hours trying to improve their outcomes are fools.  Who knows who is correct.  I have learned one thing - the more you learn the more you earn.  Money isn't the cure all but having it is not a sin either.
Jeff Michka Added Aug 9, 2018 - 6:23pm
Not much of a sin unless it all comes from Russian mobsters, which is where the Russia stuff will eventually wind up.  So as a blinded Trumpeter, it's okay for the VA to be ran out of a golf club and the "First family" rakes in big bucks, originating in our pockets.  Do, Jimmy, as a good Trumpist you can say, "Reality?  What's that?"  What is the "right stuff" he's getting done?  Imposing tariffs, his "peace initiatives?  LOL.  Trumpists buy anything Trump does as "he's doing what he said he'd do, which is? "Making Russia Great Again?  Do you, as a loyal Trumpeter have a MRGA hat yet?  And you want the Swamp to rise?
opher goodwin Added Aug 9, 2018 - 6:59pm
Unfortunately the division and hatred being deliberately stoked up is creating a divided nation and it is hard to see how it can be reconciled. Some of us value the environment and care for poor people. Money is not the only factor. In fact money is far less important than caring for people.
But yes - nice to have a discussion without stereotyping and rudeness. It's a rarity.
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 8:37pm
Wow Jeff  ... why so much against against a successful business family who has built a financial empire.  As the judge stated during the Manaford trial, there is nothing wrong with being rich.  I guess that is why I find hope in President Trump winning the election.  Running this country is a very big business, the largest in the world.  Wouldn't your rather a successful person take the helm than just another talking head?  Black, Asian, Hispanic and women unemployment is at the lowest level in history.  It is now ok to fire a union government employee at the VA who doesn't take care of our vets... what's wrong with that?  It is now ok for a veteran to seek medical help outside of the VA if he can not get the care he needs in a timely fashion-what's wrong with that?  Businesses are relocating back to the United States because he has been killing the over regulation to allow them to function with a profit once again and has reversed the tax incentives the same businesses were given by our government to move and develop employment in other countries... whats wrong with giving the American working class a chance?  I am not sure where you get your information or if it is just you do not understand what it takes to be successful.  I could go on and on, but I feel it will only fall on deaf ears.
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 8:50pm
Oper goodwin
I agree the division is wide and a challenge for anyone truly trying to close the gap.  Money is never the only factor but in the global and local reality of life, not much happens without it.  The root of all evil is a coined phrase for a reason but like 2 sides of a coin, it can be used for good or bad.
People going back into the work force are freeing themselves from lack of pride which comes from not being able to take care of your family without depending on the government to assist.  Although I am thankful we have safety net assistance in this country, we need to look inside to those in the country that need assistance before we try to fix the rest of the world.
Here is the bottom line ... We have 100 senators and I believe 450 elected people on the governments payroll which are called Law Makers...  Ironically, we the people, are who they are suppose to represent - but do they, have they really?  Don't agree with a speed limit that I issued a citation for in my younger years... get your elected representative to represent you by changing the law.  Same is true with Illegal immigration... Our President isn't the one who placed the laws on the books, but he is enforcing them as written.  Guess what?  It is the responsibility to our congressional leaders to do their jobs... but where are they?  I know they are getting paid by the tax payers and lobbyist, but don't you agree they are the root of the problems we are facing?  I sincerely believe as brash and harsh as President Trump comes across, he truly cares about the working class of America.  He only wants our law makers to do their jobs and return to listening to those they are suppose to represent.
wsucram15 Added Aug 9, 2018 - 9:08pm
Well I liked your article on the first paragraph. You didnt lose me but I just disagree with your opinion on Trump.  I agreed more with Sam or Jeff in this area.
I do agree it should be ore civil and things need to be respectful.
So thank you for that.
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 9:15pm
Thanks for keeping it civil.  This is truly what the first amendment is about.  Being able to discuss opinions and feeling openly.  I never said I liked President Trump, but I can see he is moving the ball in a direction I personally think it needs to go.  Again, that's my opinion and only time will reveal the true story.  As I mentioned before, the real problems is our elected representative not doing their jobs.  Maybe the force within this man's character, as flawed as it might be, will open our eyes and get us to put people in office, not because of party affiliation but because of their ability to listen to those of us who put and keep them in office.
Jim Perlow Added Aug 9, 2018 - 9:19pm
Also, someone said President Trump was a RINO and I had to agree because I think he knew he could not go up against the HRC machine and could not win as an independent, which he is showing to be.  From what I can see he is a fiscal conservative, which I think is good and at the same time a social liberal, which I also think is acceptable because he is attempting to get the things which anger the people of this nation addressed and changed to meet the times, by our law makers.  By enforcing what is written, as painful as it may seem, it is also putting the issue back where it belongs.... congress.
Leroy Added Aug 9, 2018 - 9:28pm
Just imagine what he could accomplish without this fake investigation hanging over his head and the headwind of the RINOs and his own DOJ.  Just imagine if the Democrats put America first and worked with the president.  Yet, with everything working against him, almost single-handedly, he has accomplished more that the previous president.  Admittedly, that wasn't difficult.  What's more impressive, whether successful or not, he has made more real progress with NK than all the previous presidents.
Jim Perlow Added Aug 10, 2018 - 11:05am
Leroy, you will find no opposing comments coming from me on your comments.  If I had my way, we would create a way for independents to run for office with the top 2 receiving the most votes of all 3 running the final race.  It is the only way I know of to break the choice of Republican or Democrat rule and bring back more say so to the people.  As it stands today, those of us who do vote will lean toward one of the 2 major parties instead of possibly selecting an outsider.  I believe this was some of the wisdom demonstrated by Donald Trump. He doesn't really align with either party but is proving to be somewhere in between.  The establishment doesn't know how to control him.  This is why he has limited support from the party he was elected to serve.  I thinks is speaks volumes as to what the fly over part of this nation continues to support him.  Latest surveys show he is gaining support from our traditional African American and Latino American sectors.  I like the way he calls us " All Americans " all bleed with the same blood"   Make no doubt about it, his goal is to unite and not to divide.
Jeff Jackson Added Aug 10, 2018 - 2:53pm
Political parties have come to rule U.S. politics. When support becomes great enough for an independent party, the Dems or GOP will pick up on that and put it in their platform. Try running, even as an independent. The fees to get on the ballots are astronomical, and the Dems and GOP want it that way and will do everything to keep it that way.
Jeff Michka Added Aug 10, 2018 - 2:56pm
It takes a certain kind of complete idiot to bankrupt a casino, yet ol Orange turd did.  What a businessman!!!  He can wreck "The House," which like Trumpland masses "always wins." Save in Donnie's little hands.  You think you Trumpists are heading for the dumper, not nirvana?  Gee.  Will be more than fun to watch white folks stabbing each other for that last marshmellow.  And, Jimmy P, why do you think it's "fly over America?"  Perpetual diets of boiled carrots, potatoes and  pot roast?  Maybe it's the Jello salads?
wsucram15 Added Aug 10, 2018 - 9:50pm
Jim thank you, on your comment which I believe is directed to me from my comment to you..
I concur completely, even with the part about Trump..I do try. I just dont like the man.  But I have given him a fair shot as President to great extremes, more than any other President in my lifetime.

There was a great deal involved with the bankruptcy of the Casinos Jeff, some of it not so good.  But I have pulled those records and written about that as well from old police records and investigative reports.   I will say this about the Casino, he started out in the hole clearing out old debt (not his) and spent far too much on all the casinos and his lifestyle.  He borrowed far too much money he never paid back, he and daddy got pinched by gaming commission, on and on.  He also had a whale he liked to battle (gamble against) by the name of Kashiwagi who liked baccarat, which is a game that is hard to fix towards the house.  This man won so much money, they said he stacked the chips over a foot or on the floor,  but Trump liked him because he was a heavy roller so it was good publicity.
Kashiwagi was murdered I believe after a particularly bad run at several of the NJ hotels. As usual leaving the Donald holding 4 million in unpaid debt to the Taj Mahal.  Thats just one of the dozens and dozens of stories about him and those casinos.
If it hadnt been for his family and Carl Icahn..Trump would be a bum today. (my opinion and overstated) His smartest move ever was marketing his name, its where his money is..
Jeff Michka Added Aug 11, 2018 - 3:38pm
Thanks for a more in-depth comment on the casinos, wsucram15.  But despite proffered "reasons," still seems the debts and falling into gaming traps aren't the sign of a brilliant businessman, but egotistical fool we've seen on stage.  MCGA...as to "brand"  be sure to make China great again.  LOL.  It would be all a giant joke if it didn't involve dissolving America.  The joke seems to be on Trumpists.  Now will await "What about evil criminal Hillary?"  Maybe I missed it, but when was she arrested, tried and convicted for her crimes?
Jim Perlow Added Aug 12, 2018 - 3:07am
I like famous quotes.  For example " The only thing different from a big shot and a little shot is the big shot kept shooting."  Thomas Edison experienced many set backs while working on his vision of an electric light bulb.  Many called him all sorts of names and laughed at the countless times his attempts didn't work out.  When asked how it felt to fail nearly 1000 times before achieving success, his answer was I never saw myself as failing.  I successfully created 997 ways to create a light bulb that didn't work.   I don't know of any true success stories that doesn't have a list of failures during the journey.  Donald Trump is no exception to that rule.  However, it is very hard to become a success without making a larger percentage of correct choices that work out than those which don't.  While in business, I experienced some very scary lows, but kept at the goal making course corrections along the way.  We went from 6 people to 105 people and grew from a hollowed out house of 3000 sq. foot to 2 buildings spread over 3 acres and $90K the first year and $10,000,000 the year before it was sold to a larger corporation.  As it turns out now, it is now owned by
Warren Buffets organization.  So, if you haven't failed at anything then I would also say you haven't tried very hard to get ahead.
Stone-Eater Added Aug 13, 2018 - 4:57am
Jim

As a non-American living outside I need to tell you that Trumps is not seen as a clever and thoughtful prez here in Europe or in other countries I know.

We can't figure what is reality soap and what not. His irrational tweets and ever-changing behavior does not contribute to world stability.

And that never ending MAGA shit makes us think: How would the US react if China or Russia would be blowing out such constant PR ?

It' s tiring for most of us.
Sam Nowaczynski Added Aug 13, 2018 - 9:42am
Trump giving financial support doesn’t mean he agrees with liberal ideology.  As a New York real estate developer, Trump more than anyone knows that politicians, especially local politicians, usually need to be greased to get what you want.

As for Trump’s effectiveness as a leader, it’s a really low bar.  For starters, anyone is better than Obama.  Second, doing nothing is often the best course of action as politicians have a habit of making bad problems worse.

As for the claim Trump is a fiscal conservative, are you joking?  Have you seen the deficit under his stewardship?

As for giving working class people hope, factories closing down and farmers unable to sell their crops due to an unnecessary trade war, should not instill hope in anyone.

As for the border wall, the links below are images of a car and person border crossing in Tiajuana.  If there wasn’t a wall, why do you think all those cars and people would be lining up to go through the border?

Jim Perlow Added Aug 13, 2018 - 11:00am
Good morning Sam,
I will agree with you on one point, President Obama's low bar.  Speaking of deficit, it doubled under President Obama's watch and the nation got weaker and was losing respect all over the world.  When I speak to fiscally responsible, I am speaking about his attempts to get other nations sponging off of this nation to step up to the bar and pay their share.  Neither you or I could exist very long spending a thousand dollars a week more than we earn with any expectation of financial security down the road.  Now think about the business of running the United States spending nearly $800 Billion more than it takes in from our trading partners.  I live in a border state.  I do not need a few politically motivate photo opts to know what is going on south of Phoenix.  The problem is real and needs to finally be fixed.
Jeff Michka Added Aug 15, 2018 - 3:06pm
Ah, Jimmy lives near the US/Mexico border.  Do you use a broom to sweep away the MS13 grand army filling your streets?  LOL You people.  Never noticed Mexico was just south of you?  Reminds me of another WB rightist admitted they feared brown people, but live in bumfuck South California.  You folks need to move farther North into the heart of "Fly over America."  The "good white people" there will welcome your white faces with the national white people meal of a pot roast, boiled vegetables and a Jello salad, their "daily fare".  You don't like what you see living around you, vote with your feet.  Move.  Seems simple and a real rightist solution to me.