The Kavanaugh conspiracy

There are similarities in the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings and the Brett Kavanaugh hearings, and I think they should be lightly explored.

Yes, I know that I will be using some comparisons, and this is the reason that I am writing this.

First off, Thomas was nominated by George H. W. Bush, a Republican.  Likewise Kavanaugh was nominated by President Donald J. Trump, also a Republican.

In both cases, charges of sexual abuse/harassment were brought up by one single woman in each case, and fully supported by the Democrats.

In the Thomas case, the Democrats demanded that the charge be investigated, and although President Bush initially opposed that, he relented and allowed Congress to do the investigation.  The results of which were deemed unsubstantiated enough to disregard and dismiss the complaint.  Too bad for the Democrats, and the gnashing of teeth was very prevalent for a long while.

The major difference in the case with Kavanaugh is that the Democrats are demanding that the FBI do the investigation of the complaint, not Congress.

I guess the previous result upset them.

Well, now, WHY are they so adamant that the FBI do the investigation?  They have brought the subject up several times, along with all sorts of threats.  What is their agenda?

Anyone remember some of the texts by Peter Paul Strzok II?  Didn't he state that he had an insurance against Donald Trump?  Could this move by the Democrats and the media be part of that insurance?

I don't know.  I'm just asking.

But here's some very interesting tidbits:  The FBI does not have jurisdiction in city, state and local crimes - only in federal crimes.  Worse, they have declined to investigate more than once, despite the obvious demand by the Democrats and the media to do so.  Is there the possibility that they are now very worried about their jobs?  Is the investigation into the corruption of Rosenstein, Ohr, Comey, McCabe and others shaking them?

Considering the Democrats demand for the inclusion of the FBI into the investigation, isn't this a very possible attempt by the Democrats to get Ohr or another of their moles to declare a conviction, and therefore derail the confirmation of Kavanaugh?  After all, the FBI has declined, what, three times already?

As I see it, the Democrats are in serious trouble.  Their base is starting to crack, they are starting to admit their culpability, such as when Feinstein said she didn't know if the accusation was true or not, even after sitting on the letter for what, six weeks?  The media itself is getting more shrill, and even some journalists are beginning to slip up and admit things the Democrats do not want to hear.

In my opinion, I believe that it is just about time for charges to be handed out to several Democrats, media outlets, and above all, social media organizations for collusion and possible treason for giving aid and assistance to the enemies of the United States of America.

Comments

Kristen Foley Added Sep 21, 2018 - 4:02pm
The only similarity between Kavanaugh and Thomas is that their accusers are lying.  Accordingly, there is nothing to explore.  All this article does is feed into the nonsense surrounding the Kavanaugh circus.
Sunshine Kid Added Sep 21, 2018 - 4:25pm
Michael B., please be advised that I do not appreciate your style of commenting, and I might be tempted to delete your comments, should they degrade further.  Courtesy and politeness go a long way with me; profane comments do not.

Kristen Foley, I agree with you, but in both cases the false accusations DID come from the Democrats.  Only this time, they are far more vindictive than they were before.  We must be wary of them.

John Minehan Added Sep 21, 2018 - 5:20pm
The FBI, as you state, has no jurisdiction.

With Anita Hill's accusations, the matter was within the applicable statute of limitations, involved possible wrongdoing (not a crime, but an administrative and civil matter, where the Federal Government could be potentially liable) by one Federal employee towards another on Federal property on Federal time.

In this case, it is purely a state matter and appears to be beyond the statute of limitations.

Now, the mere fact that the Judge passed previous FBI background checks is not exculpatory.  An FBI background check is a local files check where the subject has lived.  If no charges were filed, there would be no record of this even if it happened.
Sunshine Kid Added Sep 21, 2018 - 10:48pm
John Minehan:  And the fact that her parents never charged him in defense of her is also telling.
Bill H. Added Sep 21, 2018 - 11:09pm
Lingering Stench
Johnny Fever Added Sep 22, 2018 - 1:17am
I think it’s pretty obvious that the Democrats have asked for an FBI investigation is because they know it won’t be until after the midterms that the FBI would complete the investigation.  They also know that by denying an FBI investigation, it will look like the Republicans are hiding something.  So I see it as a smart tactic if playing dirty is part of your repertoire.

While the FBI has proven itself to be partisan and corrupt, I trust the agency could conduct a fair investigation.  Either way, until they do there is no Kavanaugh conspiracy.

As for the Democrats cracking, that’s just wishful thinking.  The Democrats do everything as one.  It’s the Republicans with major cracks.  Make no mistake, they’re going to lose a lot of seats in the midterms.
Sunshine Kid Added Sep 22, 2018 - 2:55am
Johnny Fever, it is more than that.  They know the FBI does not have jurisdiction in the case.  What they want to do is simply delay until after the midterm elections in the hopes that they can get enough votes to reject President' Trump's nomination, and then begin to take apart our nation.

That IS their goal.
Dino Manalis Added Sep 22, 2018 - 7:50am
 Kavanaugh is well-qualified, I don't know what happened in high school, but the president is right, this should have been investigated when it happened, not now.
John Minehan Added Sep 22, 2018 - 3:01pm
This is an interesting insight, if a bit harsh.

Justice Thomas has filled a valuable niche on the USSC as the guy who actually tries to understand the Federal Common Law (ERISA, OSHA issues, DoT issues) that some Justices may see as beneath them.

I don't see Judge Kavanagh having as useful a tenure.
Sunshine Kid Added Sep 22, 2018 - 5:36pm
John Minehan, whether useful or not cannot be determined now, in any case.  We will have to wait and see.
John Minehan Added Sep 22, 2018 - 6:20pm
I think if anything is clear, he is more conventional.
Ken Added Sep 22, 2018 - 6:41pm
Another interesting similarity is that a number of the democrats that led the charge against Thomas are still there and deeply involved with this as well
James Travil Added Sep 22, 2018 - 9:12pm
I'm not sure what to make of the sexual misconduct accusations  But for me the man is unacceptable because he's soft on war crimes/criminals and weak on civil liberties “On National Security, Kavanaugh Has a History of Extreme Deference to the President” @ACLU https://medium.com/aclu/on-national-security-kavanaugh-has-a-history-of-extreme-deference-to-the-president-5237b89ce655
That should give any true informed American pause.
Ken Added Sep 23, 2018 - 12:58am
"The smearing of Ford" - the only one that has done ANY smearing so far is Ford - and every biased democrat  on the committee.  you keep being childish and completely factless in your postings.

You seem to feel you are so clever with your little meaningless barbs, and you don't seem to care that it is virtually unanimous here what a joke you are.

An anonymous person who I am happy to never meet, because I don't associate with classless, immature people doesn't insult me by making childish insults.

You must have absolutely no life to keep posting comments where you are almost unanimously unwanted and no one takes you seriously because you can't even put a coherent thought together.

You don't insult me, I pity you.
Tamara Wilhite Added Sep 23, 2018 - 3:25pm

Crying Rape: False rape accusations exist, and they are a serious problem.
By Cathy Young
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 24, 2018 - 6:24am
Eric Reports Added Sep 28, 2018 - 8:19pm
What would the Democrats do if the shoe were on the other foot?  What if the nominee was a liberal?  He'd already be on the court.
GOP act like losers, Flake is a coward and this FBI investigation is a joke.  Investigate what?!  The ramblings of Ford's diseased mind?
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 9, 2018 - 4:01am
James Travil

I'm very untrusting of anything that the ACLU puts out as facts.  That said, the question that I have to everyone who thinks at all is "Why are the Democrats so incensed that they put up an obvious (to many) false accusations?"  For this reason alone, I wonder if it is time to start looking at every politician's background and filing charges where they are warranted.

Ken

Who were you directing your comments at?  I didn't see anyone mention "The smearing of Ford", and I certainly didn't make any mention of that.  By the way, I tend to delete Jeff Michka's comments, as he never has shown any class at all.  If you look, you'll find that all his comments on my offerings are deleted.  I tried to reason with him, but it's hard to reason with hatred.

Tamara Wilhite

You have that right on target.  I have known women to falsely charge people with rape.  One woman tried to charge me, but folded when I took her to court over the accusation.

Eric Reports

I agree.  It is time to start investigating all the Democrat and RINO politicians for their backgrounds and press charges where they are warranted.