A party devoid of honor and dignity

In a nation with only two parties, it is obscene that one party is now sewer scum willing take down half of the population with 'fuzzy' accusations. Men decreasingly reject marriage. They no longer can treat wonen with respect or kindness due to fear of accusations.

We have become the worst society known to man. The hate thy neighbor for the color and/or gender of their birth. We elect pols to stop this attack on our families and loved ones and still they quake in their shoes at the slightest lie put forth but maggots not fit to eat the dregs of our sewers. Until a few million of us march on Washington, we are ALL victims for dems and their attempted coup against us.

I am old enough to know life for what is. I know that evil can corrupt even the most principled individual. I know folks can and do make horrible decisions which crushes the soul of their victim.  I know that there are women who will lie about sexual assault. My face had to be repaired from the beating I took escaping one. It is a soul crushing assault on my kind to see it used to slime a person with OUT proof and for nothing more than a desire to rule over a nation.

We are fast becoming animals so vulgar, so degraded that we are devoid of honor and dignity.

Comments

Cullen Kehoe Added Sep 25, 2018 - 3:08pm
Interesting post. Many people believe humanity is good at heart and the more we 'come together' (via government) that more 'good' that we'll do.

(This ignores the evil that lives inside everyone and how do you keep that in check?)

There are precedents for movements becoming cannibalistic, the Cultural Revolution in China, the Reign of Terror in France post Revolution. If the pattern plays out, when enough people have been ruined through accusation, rumor, terror; the society chooses a different way (or a dictator like Napoleon takes over).
opher goodwin Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:18pm
I know - but rest assured Trump will not last forever and some morality will return after he's gone.
When the Repubs are trounced in the midterms it'll send a message of intent that the lies and nastiness are not fooling people.
FacePalm Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:27pm
Strass Luna-
First, there are many more than just 2 political parties in the US; without looking anything up, i can think of several - the Constitutionalist party, the Greens, the Libertarians, even the LaRouche party - not to mention the Socialist and Communist parties.  If you mean "only 2 that get MEDIA coverage," then yep; this is how they present to us the "illusion" of choice.  The Big money invests in both democans and republicrats so no matter who "wins," they'll have leverage.  Another reason they despise Trump so badly; they got no pull with him, no way to coerce or blackmail him.

More directly to your point, however, you're right; today's democrats have done some extremely dirty things, and have even publicly admitted that they don't give a fuck about due process or the presumption of innocence - well, when it's a Republican.  When Ellison gets busted beating his gf with FAR more credible evidence than has been presented about Kavanaugh, where are their cries to "believe the woman"?  Then there are the BJ Billy supporters...  So overall, what they're doing is exposing their own blatant hypocrisy, which will be good for republicans in the election in a bit over a month.

On top of all this, by their refusal to routinely and repeatedly condemn political violence, they have given their tacit approval for it, so all the blood and all the pain Antifa has inflicted will more than likely result in the permanent destruction of the democrats - well, that, and many of their members are calling for "socialism," a form of governance directly responsible for the torture and murder of well over a hundred million just in the 20th century alone....and since quite a few immigrants FLED from socialist countries to get here, there's no way in heaven or hell that anyone with more than a couple of brain cells to rub together will ever vote in their favor again...which, overall, is a Good Thing.

Lastly, i'm very sorry for the pain you had/have from the beating you took, and it is my sincere hope that the perp is currently rotting behind bars.  Oh, and that you sue the hell out of him, too(assuming it was a him).  FMO, women can also be pretty vicious, though not usually with fists and feet.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:36pm

Actually, if that happens, it'll send a message of intent that the lies and nastiness DID fool people.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:39pm

For all intents and purposes there are only 2 parties, especially in a national election.  You have a binary choice.  Any other vote is the same as not voting.  When I did a write in for president in 2016 I knew my vote was meaningless, but I couldn't vote for either candidate so I did a write in rather than leaving it blank.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:45pm
today's democrats have done some extremely dirty things

Today's democrats?  The entire history of their party is based on dirty things, from slavery to segregation to KKK to Jim Crow to legalizing concentration camps due to race to mass genocide of indigenous population to antifa to BLM and on and on and on.  Let's not forget the "Lion of the Senate" who left a woman to die in a car accident and colluded with USSR to take down a presidential candidate (sound familiar?) (Ted Kennedy), or the longest serving senator who was the Grand Kleagle of the KKK (Robert Byrd)or heck, the greatest scandal in American histor - the domestic spying on US Citizens (Obama) to the soft coup going on today to take down a legitimately elected president.

It never ends for them even before marxism was invented.
opher goodwin Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:54pm
I see Ken - blind to the lies and nastiness of the Repubs, eh?
I think America under Trump has sunk to the lowest it's been since its despicable treatment of lies, cruelty and genocide meted out against the Native Americans. That's saying something.
Morality has gone out the window. Tribalism rules.
I'm glad I don't live there. If this forum is anything to go by there isn't any common sense or rationality left. It's a lawless nest of vicious vipers all feeding off fake news powered by cynical lying internet sites.
Looks like Trump's tactics of division and hate has eaten the heart out of the place. Everyone at each other's throats and no holds barred.
What next? Civil war?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 25, 2018 - 6:54pm
@ Luna. " It is a soul crushing assault on my kind to see it used to slime a person with OUT proof and for nothing more than a desire to rule over a nation."
Sorry to hear of your ordeal and curious to see that your political affiliation would cast asunder the revelation of another woman who reported a near rape.

Still, you must understand that the current situation is informed by the choice we made when we became Americans. One thing that was also adopted was celebrity worship as opposed to royalty worship. However, as quick as we elevate a celebrity, we would likewise tear them down. We love such scandal.
A. Jones Added Sep 25, 2018 - 7:32pm
Men decreasingly reject marriage.

I believe the author meant to write, "Men increasingly reject marriage."
Lindsay Wheeler Added Sep 25, 2018 - 7:33pm
Yes, common decency and manners have gone out the window.

America is being purposely crashed culturally! Our colleges and universities are to blame for this.

What you describe Luna is that America is a Failed state. There is no longer any likemindedness. No society can survive without likemindedness. Moreover, there are forces in this land that want a war between men and women. It is about crushing patriarchy and that means emasculating men. That is the program!  The program is to destroy and emasculate European men. They are succeeding.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 8:06pm
Morality has gone out the window. Tribalism rules.

both of those started long before Trump. Morality went out the window with clinton, Tribalism reached a peak thanks to Obama

I'm glad I don't live there.

so are we.  We have enough socialists already

you rant about this regularly, yet you never give any examples or proof. Please do.  I can easily name a dozen examples of Obama doing that.  What has Trump done?
opher goodwin Added Sep 25, 2018 - 8:15pm
Ken - didn't you watch the rallies???
Lock Her Up Lock her Up!!!  They were like Nazi hate fests!
Didn't you hear him address the police federation and tell them to rough up the people they were arresting?
Didn't you hear the language used to describe immigrants?
Didn't you hear him exhorting his thugs to beat the shit out of protestors?
My god you must be blind, deaf or brainwashed!
Jeff Michka Added Sep 25, 2018 - 8:18pm
Then why not list "Obama's tactic of division and hate."  It's your people that want to ensure "those people" can't be in the US, or, if black, bowing scraping and begging for anything.  The Good News for you and your cryptofascist buddies, is Bill Cosby was convicted.  Quick, put him forward for St Bret's seat on SCOTUS, he's already a convicted rapist, so you KNOW how women must have lied so we can get past that and focus on Cosby's character, eh?
Leroy Added Sep 25, 2018 - 8:27pm
What we see happening with the Democrats is a national disgrace and an insult to all genuine sexual abuse suffers out there.  In no way should Ford's account be equated to rape, even if the charges were true.  I just hope it backfires on the Democrats in the mid-terms.  That is the only thing that will cause them to change.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 8:56pm
didn't you watch the rallies???

actually, no, I didn't, but they are campaign rallies. That happens on both sides.  It is not endemic to Trump.  What has he done since he won the election?

Lock Her Up Lock her Up!!!  They were like Nazi hate fests!

Again, during the campaign, but a large portion of Americans believe she should be in prison.  The law says she should be in prison.  It took a fixed FBI investigation for her not to be.

Again, no I didn't, you will have to show evidence and give context.

Didn't you hear the language used to describe immigrants?

He has said nothing negative about immigrants.  He said some illegals were rapists and murderers.  SOME ARE!

Didn't you hear him exhorting his thugs to beat the shit out of protestors?

Again, no I didn't, but again, please show evidence.  The only even similar thing to what you are referencing that I am aware of was at a rally where he volunteered to pay legal bills of people trying to attend that rally if they got in a fight with the protestors.

My god you must be blind, deaf or brainwashed!

My god, you must be blind, deaf, AND brainwashed

None of that rises even close to the level of Obama divisive tactics.

"Republicans want you to have dirty air and water"
"Republicans want to push granny off the cliff and kill her"
"The police acted stupidly"
"Treyvon Martin could have been my son"
"BLM have a legitimate grievance"
"Republicans are the enemy"

And don't forget the classic
And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

There are dozens more I could name, those are just a few off the top of my head.
Jeff Jackson Added Sep 25, 2018 - 9:26pm
Strass, I sincerely hope that you recover from your troubles, and hopefully the law will treat the scumbag who hurt you with all of the brutality he showed you. The supreme court has become a political battleground, with the Dems politicizing it. There are statutes of limitations for a reason. If the person who is making the accusations is not telling the truth, they still will not face any consequences. I have heard of people whose careers were ruined by witnesses who later recanted their testimony, again, without consequences. The present attack on the nominated justice is a clever ploy, because, true or not, and if proven untrue, the damage will be done. We have allowed people to smear reputations without consequences in political ploys. This has become the political game, where facts that cannot be proven under any legal definition become "he said, she said."
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 25, 2018 - 10:24pm
First of all She didn't say which party.  So maybe both or one of the two.  Some of the comments above showed predigest towards one party or another.

Trump if you have noticed was a democrat for decades and only when he decided that both parties were destroying the nation has he acted.   He chose the GOP because they are inept.

The GOP serve at the pleasure of the corporations that are international.  The American free market capitalism is not their friend.   Cheap labor and the creation of special interest barriers by a leviathan bureaucracy serves the interest of the global corporations.  They want a class society because it protects inheritance.

The Democrats from the beginning believe in a class society.  They started out as the party of farmers and the corporate interests of farms were the slave holders.  Slavery is by definition a society of classes.  It is obvious that the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution that implements the principles call for a classless society.  Now please understand that the class created by slavery was a legal defined class enforced by government.   England monarch is also a class society enforced by the government.   This is the type of class rejected by the declaration.  Wealth will create classes but the government should not prevent the 'pursuit of happiness'  by class barriers.  The Democrat party has been following the tactics of Fabian Socialism, Saul Alinsky put out the bible 'Rules for Raticals'.  Wilson was the first president that call for the scrapping of the constitution.

The reason for the discussing actions outlined by the author is the result of the two above groups seeing that these action move their objectives forward.  I am not saying that their are not smaller parties and branches of the two parties that support these actions.  But they are few in numbers.

History has shown that the same situation existed in 1852 concerning ending the class society for slavery.  We shall see if the American people have had enough to step up to the face the problem.
Bill H. Added Sep 25, 2018 - 10:49pm
Ken, once again view this video. I believe I offered it to you some time back during another string discussing Trump's lust for violence, hate, and division.
Opher- I suspect Ken is always tuned to Fox. Fox is very good at not covering Trump's negative side.
And yes Ken, I do watch Fox on occasion.
Michael B. Added Sep 25, 2018 - 11:23pm
@ Strass Luna - I gotta ask: Are you a man? You kinda look like one, but in a 70's, Linda Ronstadt-meets-Rod-Stewart dikey kinda way, lol.
Ken Added Sep 25, 2018 - 11:58pm
And yes Ken, I do watch Fox on occasion.

You would suspect wrong.  I used to watch it all the time, but stopped watching it about 2 years ago when it was all Trump all the time, especially in the primaries.

However, that said, even if I did watch FOX all the time, why should that be something to be defensive about?  It is more balanced than virtually any other news you can watch.

Fox has many liberal commentators and journalists (Shep Smith, for example).  Name a conservative on CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC, etc?

you are simply feeding your thirst for someone to validate your beliefs.  Are you completely incapable of critical thought?

Even the video you link is CNN showing NO context and much of what he is saying is taken out of context.  But hey!  I bet the fully debunked Ferenheit 9/11 and even more "An inconvenient Truth" are your bibles, right?
Bill H. Added Sep 26, 2018 - 1:37am
"Again, no I didn't, but again, please show evidence.  The only even similar thing to what you are referencing that I am aware of was at a rally where he volunteered to pay legal bills of people trying to attend that rally if they got in a fight with the protestors".
Ken - just giving you some evidence. Are you denying that Trump made any of those statements? You don't believe at all that he was stirring the pot in all cases?
Trump has loved and promoted conflict and controversy for many years. It's all part of his mission to keep public attention focused on himself.

opher goodwin Added Sep 26, 2018 - 4:28am
Ken - I'm amazed that you think that Obama's language in any way comes close to the emotional ranting and tub thumping of the naked hatred generated by Trump. Obama was an eloquent view of what I believe to be quite near to the truth. Trump's was a visceral attempt to rouse hatred and division. One was intellectual the other emotional. One was aimed at arousing intellectual disgust and the other a much more primitive force.
You might not like Obama and what he stands for. You might not like what he said and it might make you angry but that is a million miles away from a deliberate ploy to generate outright hatred and rouse crowds to violence. That's what Trump did.
I suggest you go and look at the footage. I bet it's on youtube. Reminded me of Nazi rallies and rampages against Jews.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 26, 2018 - 7:43am
You wouldnt know a real nazi if one bit you in the ass
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 26, 2018 - 7:45am
Anybody that disagrees with me is Hitler. Come on! That shit is getting tiresome. It's an insult to nazis!
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 26, 2018 - 8:05am
Opher the times Obama was caught on an open mike show his deception.  His Obama campaign for health care made many promises.  We have had articles, dozens of them, that discussed those lies.

Nikki Haley on Fox & Friends told us that those world leaders like his honesty and refreshing.  The media spun in.  They told us how they think about the laughter.   Nikki Haley that works their gives us a more accurate opinion.

Opher I prefer a bigger slice of honesty to a bigger slice of lies.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Sep 26, 2018 - 8:58am
Barry Soetoro an intellectual. Hilarious.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:04am
Amazing here we have men arguing the merits of what Luna said against their belief system--which castigates the lowlifes of society, and apart from myself and Jeff, none responded to a significant point in her post. She revealed her ordeal with rape.  In fact, Michael was in Jekyll and Hyde mode by apparently rudely asking her sex. Given Luna has not shown up to respond to responders, perhaps Michael is the wise one amongst us for ferreting out this red meat baiter. Still, we must see the multiple levels in communication and as the biblical story revealed, the soldiers chosen for battle were the ones who lapped the water like a dog, Luna could have been testing the waters to see who here is sensitive enough for her to court as a possible man-husband-or whatever.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:35am
@Luna. "The dems drove me to my straight party voting record. And now, I am forced to hate my fellows who vote dem. Why. Because while I loathe their views, I hate  the fact that they debased themselves to promote them with a rabidity not seen even in mad dogs."

Thanks for taking your precious time to share with us. I would say hate is too strong a word/emotion to entertain while pursuing good health. Perhaps if you modified your usage of hate to "respectfully disagree," a lightness would come over you as you see rabid dogs/donkeys eat from your hands.
opher goodwin Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:43am
Thomas - so do I - I dislike lies intensely - heres a link:
4229 lies from Trump in 558 days - what's that? 8 a day?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:47am
Can a wife lives healthy with a husband she intently hate?
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:50am
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 26, 2018 - 10:09am
Dr. Green here you go again showing your bigotry, "How did you overcome your intense hatred of the Black friends you now have?" Now, I didn't go through every, even close to, of her comments.  So please provide the comment date and time that she actually said even the word 'black' and I do mean not a color but a race definition.   Show us that I am wrong.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 10:44am
@Thomas. "Dr. Green here you go again showing your bigotry, "How did you overcome your intense hatred of the Black friends you now have?" Now, I didn't go through every, even close to, of her comments.  So please provide the comment date and time that she actually said even the word 'black' and I do mean not a color but a race definition.   Show us that I am wrong."

Thomas, I have long toyed with your pretense to intelligence but have not called you out because as a teacher I am bent on straightening you out. You are a prolific responder with your cut and paste. As opposed to me, I generate original thoughts, whether pun analogies, rhetorical traps, or such.  The problem that warranted your response was your inability to interpolate or to infer. So let me help.

Luna stated her hated for Democrats. I responded:"@Luna. Given Blacks are significantly Democrats. How did you overcome your intense hatred of the Black friends you now have?"  I extrapolated that Luna was a decent person and had Black friends, which she verified with her respectful correction of your unwarranted accusation. I cannot for the life of me determine why a reasonable person would ascribe it to bigotry. Please provide me with the definition of bigotry you are using. Perhaps that is the root cause of your problem.

I can envision the laughter of those who can predict and saw this response coming. Checkmate! As the Native Americans prayed for the buffalo they killed to return, please retool and come again.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 26, 2018 - 10:53am
@Luna. "Dr. Green. I am not your enemy. I am the enemy of those who seek to use and abuse us for their own agenda and power grab.

That includes the media and the pols."

You would be hard press to find one enemy of mine on WB. I agree with you in that through civil and respectful discussion a meeting of the minds can take place.

That said, in no way I entertained the tough of anyone here being enemies. Unfortunately, association breeds a sense of familiarity and disrespect too often follows here on WB.  Yes, there are many middle-class Jamaicans in Florida; anytime you wish to visit Jamaica to reinvigorate in the mineral bath, let me know. I have peoples in Florida.
Ken Added Sep 26, 2018 - 11:34am
Opher - just curious if you hate lying so much, please link me even 1 post you made about the multitude of Obama lies.  Just one?

I didn't think so.  Many of Trump's lies are white lies and self aggrandizing lies - they really have no direct effect.

Obama flat out lied many times in many ways to take over 21% of the U.S. economy with Obamacare - and they admitted it after it passed.  That doesn't even include his dozens of other lies that directly impacted the American people.

You are one of the most hypocritical partisans on this site.
Dino Manalis Added Sep 26, 2018 - 11:37am
 It all comes down to good morals and values, parties change, but morals and values are constant and should be used constantly.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 26, 2018 - 11:53am
Luna - I share your assessment of the modern day democrat party, but I can not get on board the republican train.

The democrats are leaders, I'll give them that. They will lead the entire country through a minefield if there was cold hard campaign cash on the other side, the casualties be damned.

The republicans are not leaders. Feckless, spineless and chicken shit are the most charitable words I can muster for them.
Riley Brown Added Sep 26, 2018 - 1:31pm
Luna, fear not politics works in cycles.  The last two years of economic prosperity and high employment will come to an end when the next Democrat becomes President and undoes all Trump's evil changes, just like Trump did with Obama's changes.

All you have to do is wait for that glorious day.
Ian Thorpe Added Sep 26, 2018 - 1:36pm
Opher, I'm astounded by your dishonesty here. You praise Obama's intellect and articulation yet anybody who saw him stand with his mouth silently flapping for an embarssingly long time before uttering something childishly idiotic (anyone remember "The Republicans are all weeweed up?)  on the several occasions the autocue failed, or read any of his writings that were not ghostwritten by his mentor Bill Ayres, the Weather Underground terrorist guy, will be aware Obama was and is a barely literate imbecile (which coincides
with the opinions Vladimir Putin and former French President Nicolas Sarkozy voiced of the former professional cocksucker.)
And when you talk of the hatred Trump has spread in his presidency are you not letting your visceral hatred of Trump cloud your judement of his presidency as you glibly blame him for the state the nation was in when he took over from Obama - who typically has not faded into the background as protocol demands but continues to spread hatred and division in support of the Democrats efforts to undermine everything Trump does.
Ian Thorpe Added Sep 26, 2018 - 1:42pm
Burghal, I share your opinion of both main US parties, British politics is the same, Labour will do anything to gain power so they ca implement their Maoist agenda (and achieve the same result as Chairman Mao's Great Leap Forward,) the Conservatives are a bunch of self - interested congenital idiots who could not run the proverbial heavy drinking session in a factory where alcoholic beverage is manufactured
Ken Added Sep 26, 2018 - 2:01pm

Exactly why we need to make the tax cuts permanent and codify the deregulations into law.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 26, 2018 - 2:33pm
Oh Ian! Your Tories are pathetic! You've got a couple decent in the whole lot! Do they not read Oakeshott any more?
Ken Added Sep 26, 2018 - 3:25pm
no Holiday Inn

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that Washington stayed at a holiday inn express and refreshed himself before attempting to cross the Delaware!
Bill H. Added Sep 26, 2018 - 3:53pm
"I am the enemy of those who seek to use and abuse us for their own agenda and power grab".
This statement certainly applies to Trump's agenda.
Tubularsock Added Sep 26, 2018 - 4:21pm
Strass Luna, we have a two party system in name only. Those two parties are controlled by the same rich people and those parties do their bidding.

Your vote choice is only between people that have been PRE-selected by those money-elites.

And therefore, real change doesn’t happen.
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 26, 2018 - 4:37pm
Dr. Green, "The problem that warranted your response was your inability to interpolate or to infer." You made a statement in response to the authors.  Asking where that statement was in the very long string of comments is not an interpolation or inference. You do call people racist on a regular basic, me multiple times and as you say based on nothing but you own opinion.

As far as cutting and pasting.  I do not claim to be an expert.  And I do not have the experiences of being black.  You Dr to my knowledge are the only person on WB to specify a title that implies expert.  I guess that the Dr. is in education.  But the subject of the discussions often are economic in nature, which means you are not an expert but that is not the typical impression taken.   So to counter that impression I found true economic 'black experts.'  I rally do not care if you do not like my approach.
Jeff Michka Added Sep 26, 2018 - 5:27pm
Fear not, Stasss....WB is completely awash in economists, climate scientists and plain old conspiracy theorists, and of course, FDR;s most dreaded enemy, the Sutrino.  beats up Dr. Green, but it seems only in accordance to your beliefs.  Aren't you a retired Boeing employee?  Real expert background in FDR.  I'm sure you believe St. Bret is accused only by democrat liars, like most of your rightist associates here, perhaps it's all a plot hot off the desk of FDR?  Keep your hopes up, decayed particle.
Ken Added Sep 26, 2018 - 6:26pm
If you heard that, it was spoken by a dem.

I am pretty sure it was Ruth Bader Ginsburg at one of her colonial grope-fest parties!

Of course like the new accuser, she was still the oldest one there!
Jeff Michka Added Sep 26, 2018 - 7:27pm
St. Bret can't wait to expose himself to RBG, more of a thrill for him than being anally abused by Father Flanagan...
Tubularsock Added Sep 26, 2018 - 9:30pm
Stass Luna, do you know that they all travel in the same social circle?
The Clinton's were at Trump's last wedding.

Bill and Trump treat women the same ....................
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 27, 2018 - 12:33am
@Thomas. "You do call people racist on a regular basic, me multiple times and as you say based on nothing but you own opinion. "

I am sure my training would prevent me from doing same without proof. Please provide such proof of me calling someone racist. For sure, I would say that someone appears to be racist or  was expressing racist views.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 27, 2018 - 12:35am
@Luna. "Tubularsock - Do you know who is now president."

LOL. 'Sock, she is sure socking it to you.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 27, 2018 - 10:12am
@Jeff. "Jeff Michka Fear not, Stasss....WB

Hmm. My secret decoder ring is in the shop. Care to rephrase this mud into coherent thought.
 "

Luna has you on the ropes. I like her. She is sharp.
Riley Brown Added Sep 27, 2018 - 10:29am
Luna Stass, it's unlikely most hard core Democrats will think before voting in the next election, they are the party of "we hate Trump" and everything else is not nearly as important to them as getting that evil, despicable, racist business man with no political experience, out of office so they can get  ANYONE in there to replace him.

Their previous champion was Hillary, who just might have been their worst chance of beating Trump since so much of the public hated her before she even put her name on the ballot.

The biggest Democratic problems are that they don't understand why Trump's presidency has been so successful with the economy and employment, or why that makes so many people think he's been good for the country despite all his obvious social faults.

Every day they get up and read gloom and doom blogs from their favorite networks predicting EVERYTHING Trump does will end in failure, and they never notice that none of those predictions come true.
Riley Brown Added Sep 27, 2018 - 2:42pm
Luna, hard core Democrats don't even admit that the US is prospering economically and with good employment right now, they only focus on their favorite network blogs that continue to predict gloom and doom.  They think we were all doing better when Obama was in office.

They have and always will hate anyone that opposes them on any level, so their votes are not going to change.  The hard core right are not any different, so the next election will be up to those who are generally not that partisan and have more open minds.

Unfortunately the largest factor on both sides is how many of their voters will be motivated enough to vote.  Those who did not vote could have easily pushed the last election, and likely the next one, in either direction just by showing up.
Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 27, 2018 - 6:12pm
Riley here are the numbers,

2000 George W. Bush EC 271 popular 50M
Albert Gore EC 266 popular 51M
2004 George W. Bush EC 286 popular 62M
John Kerry EC 251 popular 59M
2008 John McCain EC 173 popular 59M
Barack Obama EC 365 popular 69M
2012 Mitt Romney EC 206 popular 60M
Barack Obama EC 332 popular 65M
2016 Donald Trump EC 290 popular 60M
Hillary Clinton EC 228 popular 61M

The GOP establishment, votes in the bank ~ 59M
The Dem establishment, votes in the bank ~ 59M

Votes that can be had with a clear message and passion or could stay home                                                   ~ 10M

Thomas Sutrina Added Sep 27, 2018 - 6:15pm
If you want to be a little bit more conservative drop 8M from both parties and put them in if it isn't raining they will vote for the X party.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 27, 2018 - 8:09pm
Luna - You will be given a rough ride around this place, but you seem to be up to the task. If there were any lingering doubts about your title today's events removed them all
Spartacus Added Sep 27, 2018 - 8:45pm
A party devoid of honor and dignity

Contrary to the popular myth . . . there is no honor among thieves.
Democrats commit crimes 2:1 (both violent and non-violent) over Republicans.  This statistic should be enough to convince most.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 27, 2018 - 8:52pm
In a universe with a just god there would be the bloodied pulp dripping from the end of a ball bat where DiFi and Dickhole Durbin's heads used to be.
Spartacus Added Sep 27, 2018 - 9:00pm
True dat TBH.
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 27, 2018 - 9:27pm
Do you know Durbin's story? This guy is a real USDA certified piece of shit.  The family was a rags to riches and back to rags story. The old man built up a farming and freight implement company, highly successful, had great brand loyalty. He passes on and the kids with their in laws came in and picked the place clean until the company was no more. This prick would pimp his own mother
Spartacus Added Sep 27, 2018 - 9:35pm
Do you know Durbin's story?

I did not.

I don't give a shit what these bozos do to their own legacy.  However, they sure as hell are intent to do the same thing to America and "pick the place clean".   Good background and thanks TBH.
Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 28, 2018 - 8:09am
@William. "True dat TBH.
Very few things make me weep these days.  However, watching Kavanaugh break down today talking about how his daughter prayed for Ford -- I lost it.  There was only one victim on the stand today."

I teared in anger watching that weeping fellow.
Autumn Cote Added Sep 28, 2018 - 9:42am
Please note, it's against the rules to post new articles to Writer Beat unless you comment on the work of others.  As always, many thanks for your participation with the site!
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 28, 2018 - 1:09pm
still in west by god? Good on ya, girl! No man or woman is to be anyone else's punching bag. Literally or euphemistically
Spartacus Added Sep 28, 2018 - 1:15pm
I teared in anger watching that weeping fellow.

Why is that Dr. Green?  I can think of no situation where watching a person cry would drive me to anger . . . unless you equate crying with weakness.  Anger is weaponized fear.  What are you afraid of Dr?
The Burghal Hidage Added Sep 28, 2018 - 1:20pm
You may ( and I may too? ) misunderstand the Doc, William.  I think his anger is at what they were trying to do to the man
Spartacus Added Sep 28, 2018 - 1:44pm
You may be right TBH.  The good Dr Green may be feeling exactly the same thing most Americans felt.
I surely felt this anger too.  My fear is understanding that if the Democrats ever had any political power again, any forms of justice would be 100% based on politics -- exactly why they call it "politically correct".
Leroy Added Sep 28, 2018 - 5:10pm
"Why is that Dr. Green?  I can think of no situation where watching a person cry would drive me to anger . . . unless you equate crying with weakness."

I was driven to anger when a group of men drove a young lady to tears.  They were brutal.  And this was in an academic setting.  This was at a time when there were very few women in technical fields.

Dr. Rupert Green Added Sep 28, 2018 - 5:24pm
Here is the new modus operandi for American men in the military, cry the enemy into submission. I am not into that teary shit. I have taken many a whupping and laugh and moved on. Still, all that good, bad, weeping, antagonistic, bombastic display from the judge seem antithetical to the persona of a true judge, but the action of one that will, by all means, necessary try to get a seat on the bench. Such a quest does not give concern about wife or child. Chelsea Clinton lived through it because their parents craved power. Even if a lie, we cannot have an accused rapist sitting on the court. Investigate and lock up the accuser if unfounded.
Jeff Michka Added Sep 28, 2018 - 5:57pm
If you say Stress lunatic "has me on the ropes," okay, Dr. Green.  So we got another angry rightists here, foaming at the mouth over those "awful dems, " she says she hates, but spares no hate for her R, now T buddies, Stress lunatic needs an enema and very long hike with a heavy pack.  And where did "Chelsea Clinton 'live through it' because their parents craved power."  Lived through It?  You been drinking Geeho R's kool aid, Dr?  Obviously.
Flying Junior Added Sep 29, 2018 - 4:16am

Am I mistaken?  I thought that the new laws governing estate taxes and the lowering of the corporate and capitalist gains taxes already were made permanent until such time as a new congress undoes them.

Just a crazy idea here.  How about we let the cuts to capital gains taxes and other corporate taxes expire and instead of letting cuts to us ordinary 1040 people expire in seven years, make those cuts permanent.

One word of clarification here.  The Great Republican Tax Heist of 2017 in no weigh reduced the assessed taxes on middle class Americans and working poor.  The only thing that happened was that personal exemptions were sacrificed in order to double the standard deduction.  Of course this is a de facto tax cut.  But you get my meaning.  Most Americans will only save several hundred dollars per year and that for only eight years.  The fat cat tax cuts are already permanent.
Ken Added Sep 29, 2018 - 6:12am
Yes, you are mistaken. The Senate can only once per fiscal year do what they did, and when they do that, it is temporary, not permanent.

90% of americans, taxpaying or otherwise gained tax relief from that bill.  What was the great "tas heist"?

Your statement is a flat out lie.
Ward Tipton Added Sep 30, 2018 - 12:09am
Despite the numerous parties that may be present, there are only two that are prevalent and for all intents and purposes, are merely different sides of the same coin ... all spend the same. Of the government, by the government and for the government.