The Preservation of Race

How important is this on the overall future of the human species? Having just experienced the birth of my first grandchild, there is certainly something special about seeing and holding your seed to the next generation. These are the strongest feelings of connectedness I have ever felt. Holding that little boy and getting a smile from him, is indescribable. But how did he get here and what will the world be like for him?

Reproduction is driven by our primal brain. (sometimes called the reptilian or lizard brain) Only the horniest of our ancestors successfully reproduced, which is why sexual behaviors are varied and some of them are deviant. Our two other brains (logical and social) cannot manage the behaviors that sexual urges cause. Social institutions (like the church), cannot control sexual behavior either.

And one aspect which we certainly cannot control is the mixing of races. Now I am white, Protestant, with a colonial background. (Scottish/Irish) My seven generations back grandfather came from Scotland to Canada in 1792. My daughter married a guy with a similar background, so our grandson would be a WASP. I wonder what that will mean to him as he goes through life? Will he be fighting for the rights of “wasps”? These days it seems that more traditional (if that is the right word) white people seem to be getting riled up about racism and political correctness.

The race preservation concept is an interesting one and became even more so after a recent talk with my son. (who is not married) He is currently dating an East Indian girl, and recently they were walking hand in hand in a park and started to receive angry taunts. But not from old white guys but rather from old ‘east’ Indian guys. There are ‘racists’ in every race I guess.

Populism is gaining steam in many countries and is the root of it all; the preservation of their race? In the future, all races will eventually intermingle. That is just sexual reproductive behavior driven by our most powerful lizard brain. However, our less powerful social brain will try and control this behavior and use shame at the nuclear family level, to forbid marrying outside the race or even religion. When I was a young boy growing up in rural New Brunswick Canada, it was a very bad thing for a Protestant to marry a Catholic.  Imagine that!

I wonder if everyone on the planet accepted the fact, that in a couple hundred years it will be very tough to distinguish race. Would we be so hateful or fearful of others? Some describe this evolved human as part of ‘the chocolate milk race’.

If the human race spent less energy on fighting and defence, would we evolve to a happier species, with a feeling of connection to one another?

The challenge will be overcoming human ego. But if we keep looking inside, asking logical questions, and not blaming the outside world, then our true good human spirit will emerge. Those who want to keep the seed pure though will fight hard to spread misery around the globe.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Oct 8, 2018 - 1:48pm
 You're right, races will one way or another intermingle, we should accept it and live on.
opher goodwin Added Oct 8, 2018 - 1:53pm
Your face says it all Stephen. Those genes are flying into the next gene pool!
TexasLynn Added Oct 8, 2018 - 1:54pm
Stephen,
First, congratulations on the blessed addition to your family.

Thanks for the interesting post.  You and I haven't agreed on much in the past and this post is a mixed bag.  I think it has to a lot to do with the filters by which we view the world.  Your training in psychology affects the prism by which you view things, and my (Christian) faith does the same on my side.

Before delving in, I would share that most would consider me Caucasian; and I've always certainly identified as that.  My family tree (which has been extensively researched) tells me I'm mostly a European mutt with a bit of Louisiana Creole mixed in.  A family story goes that my great grandfather back in the early 70s started doing a little digging into our ancestry.  A neighbor stopped by and asked him how it was going. He replied "We had to stop.  The further back we went, the darker we got and decided we had better just leave well enough alone." :)

What I find with my generation in the South (and the ones that are coming after us) is that race is not in any way important.  Nobody bats an eye at marriage between any race or at least it is very rare.  I also never saw an iota of racism in my twenty-plus years of working in corporate America in Houston.

I don't see your experience of "more traditional (if that is the right word) white people seem to be getting riled up about racism and political correctness."

I see a lot of white people on the left using race as a cudgel against other people they perceive as racist (because they don't buy into the leftist ideology); but they are wrong in their assumptions (often using a small minority of actual racist to paint the whole of white society).  Trump is a racist as is all those who support him is the perfect example.  The whole south and the U.S. being racist is another…  It is simply the prejudice of the left for the most part.

Political correctness is another matter altogether.  PC is another spiteful, leftist cudgel inflicted upon society.  There is currently another post on that altogether... so I'll just move on.

I'm glad you noticed that "There are ‘racists’ in every race I guess."  It seems to me that few minorities realize that; and those who don't (realize that) are actually practicing a form of racism themselves.

You ask, "Populism is gaining steam in many countries and is the root of it all; the preservation of their race?"  I don't think so.  Culture maybe, but not race IMO.

I agree that as things are now, the races will continue to intermingle; but I don't think preserving one's race is hard-coded in our brain but is rather environment/societal as is the drive to preserve other aspects we may hold dear.  As for my race disappearing?  I don’t care, my concern would be stopping all of humanity from re-making the same horrible mistakes that lead to so much death and misery in our past.

No race, but I would advise against marrying outside one's religion (if you are a true believer).  If all you do is dabble (being luke-warm at best), then it doesn't matter, knock yourself out.  I would even apply this to the Catholic/Protestant example you gave.  The theological divide is just too great if either of you is actually serious about your faith.

As far as our "true good human spirit" emerging.  That's an onion I would not peel.  Getting to the core of humanity, I don't think you're going to find a whole lot of truth or goodness.  Better listen to that weaker message we hear to deny that nature at our core.

"Those who want to keep the seed pure though will fight hard to spread misery around the globe."  I would not limit that to just the racist... there are plenty of "woke" folk eager to do the same for their own selfish and equally malevolent reasons; such as expanding a fictional "collective consciousness of humanity".

We are the same today as we were thousands of years ago and as we will be thousands of years in the future (if we survive that long) ... no matter the inconsequential pigmentation found in our skin.

Good, post.  A bit of agreement and a bit of not... Congratulations again. :)
opher goodwin Added Oct 8, 2018 - 2:01pm
I think we are seeing the death spasm of the old fearful WASPs who are seeing their world eroded and can now see thee writing on the wall.
They have had the upper hand and a sense of superiority that goes with it but the future is not WASP. Any fool can see that. They are full of fear and hate. The future is much more of a mixture, much more global. But it is so difficult for some people to change and accept the changes. They fight to retain everything just as it was. It's a battle they are doomed to lose.
No matter how much hatred and division they generate, no matter how many white supremacist leaders they elect, no matter how many walls they build, biology will win out.
The demes are mixing. The barriers are down. Sexual attraction favours variety.
The future looks distinctly brown.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 8, 2018 - 2:03pm
Congratulations!!!!!

I miss having a little one around.  Well, that is until I get home and my boys have trashed the house.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 4:45pm
Yes that is just a fact Dino, and some say the gene pool gets stronger with interracial children.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 4:47pm
Aww thanks Opher. :)
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 4:54pm
Texas, we may not agree on all things, however there are quite a few that we do, which does thrill me.
Thanks so much, he truly is a blessing and I am so grateful.
Your comments are so well thought out, thank-you for that, but I it is difficult to address all of them. I think the one major difference we have, is that I believe that our true self, devoid of ego, is true light and pure goodness. You seem to believe that we should not look too far inside as 'dragons may live there'.
But as you say it may just be the prism with which each of us view the world. We may be saying the same thing.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 5:00pm
Agreed Opher. But you know what is interesting, is that humans 200 years from now will not look like Star Trek projected.
That and teleportation are two that Roddenberry got wrong.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 5:02pm
Thank-you Jeffry. Yes I know what you mean. We spent a couple of weeks with them, and it took 4 of us to manage the household.
opher goodwin Added Oct 8, 2018 - 6:24pm
Stephen - you are right! Star Trek did get it wrong!
Here's to hybridisation!
Jeff Michka Added Oct 8, 2018 - 7:28pm
Congrats on the grand (?), Stephan.  I 've gotten use to being a grandparent, finally.  Have had a few months to acclimate.  It is a remarkable thrill to hold your grandchild, and with you are yours the very most joy in all that will unfold as they grow.
John Minehan Added Oct 8, 2018 - 7:49pm
Congratulations, "Grandpa."

Technically, you'd be a "WCP," White Celtic Protestant, or possibly   "White Celtic Calvinist,"  ("WCC").

Nothing wrong with that (so long as you don't follow the traditions of the Armstrongs, the Nixons or the other "Border Reiver" families, who my Highland ancestors (some of whom were involved in the slaughter of the McDonald at Glencoe) thought were rough customers.

People are people, some good some bad, all can be a pain in the rear end at times.

But what the hell, who else have you got to talk to before the dogs and cats evolve enough to answer when you talk to them (or in the cat's case, ask you to leave a message and they will get back to you).
John Minehan Added Oct 8, 2018 - 7:52pm
Some of my best friends are . . . well . . . almost everything.

You know you live in a pluralistic society when your holiday greetings include ones for Zoroastrians.
John Minehan Added Oct 8, 2018 - 7:57pm
Seasons Greetings to all. From the following menu, please select one or more
as applicable;

a)  Blessed Diwalli to all of the Hindu faith;

b) Happy  Marine Corps Birthday Greetings to all Marines;

c)  Happy Veterans' Day to all veterans;

d)  Happy Founder's Day to the VMI Family;

e)  Happy Birthday, George Patton, wherever you are;

f)  Happy Chanukah; or

g)  Merry Christmas (Latin Rite Catholic/Protestant and
Eastern Rite Catholic/Orthodox Christian dates of Celebration, as
applicable, celebration of the Season of Advent, including (without limitation) the Feast of the Epiphany is deemed to be  incorporated by reference) or;

h)  Happy Festivus (for any Deists, or for those sick of
shopping and/or traffic); and

I)   Happy Kwanzaa: and

j)  A Happy New Year to all.

Any other appropriate seasonal greetings, including (but not limited to) the Feast of Sol Invictus for Parses and other followers of Mithra, will be included upon request.  Greetings for the Eid wili be added in those years where applicable.

Thank you for your friendship (and consanguinity in some cases), wisdom  and the lack of taste you have exhibited in having me among your circle of acquaintances.

V/R, R/S, etc.-----John Minehan
Jeff Michka Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:00pm
Hmmm.  Trust you aren't leaving us, John.
John Minehan Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:15pm
Jeff, I hope so too . . . .

John Minehan Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:16pm
But I try to get the Holiday Cards out around Diwalli, in any event.
Cullen Kehoe Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:19pm
Congrat's.

Regarding this: "...it was a very bad thing for a Protestant to marry a Catholic"

As I was raised the same, that's usually because the question: "What faith will the kids be raised in?" usually is asked. This can obviously be managed but it raises problems.

I married a girl of East Indian descent from the Caribbean. My kids are technically mixed race although my daughter just looks like a brown haired white girl (with big, Asian-ish eyes, like princess Jasimine from Alladin). My son looks like a Spanish or Italian guy...ha.

My religious faith colors my opinion of such things. I think we're approaching the end of days and God really doesn't care how much melanin anyone has in their skin.

And I've jokingly told my son beware the snobby and treachery of blond haired, blued people. Based on my extended family relations, it's good for him to have this in the back of his mind (even though I have blue eyes and had blond hair for much of my life...ha).
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:50pm
First grandson Jeff, and yes it will be amazing to watch him grow.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:53pm
Thanks John. And yes there is good and bad in everyone, it is how we decide to behave.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:55pm
First season's greetings of the year and certainly a robust one!
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 8, 2018 - 8:58pm
Thank-you for your comments Cullen. My mother used to say watch out for gangsters. So far so good!

Jeff Michka Added Oct 8, 2018 - 9:58pm
Ah, so a grandson.  Very cool, Stephan.  That will be the one thing my wife and I will both miss while on stay in Europe next year.  We won't see our grand daughter for several months.  Again, best to you and your enlarged family, Stephan.
FacePalm Added Oct 8, 2018 - 10:08pm
Stephen-
i disagree that "reproduction is driven by our reptilian brain" and "we have no control over it."

Don't know about you, but i certainly have a great deal of control over it.  So does anyone and everyone who intends to be master of their desires, not a slave to them.

"The question is," said Alice to the Caterpillar," whether you can make words mean so many things."
The Caterpillar replied, "The question is, who is to be master - that is all."
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 9, 2018 - 12:33am

Who/what taught you such shame for what you are?

Being ashamed of white skin, blue eyes and blond hair is akin to being ashamed of being tall or having fat fingers or a bald head.

Useless.

Ward Tipton Added Oct 9, 2018 - 1:01am
It would seriously depend on how you define race.

The human race is ... as far as I know, a singular race, though there have been variations of the Homo in times past, Homo Erectus, Homo Sapien, etc.

There are technically three different races, these being the Negroid (or Africans), Caucasoid (or Europeans) and Mongoloid (or Asians)

These days, Islam is considered a race as are so many leftist/statist variations given their propensity for playing the race card any time a differing view is offered.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:07am
Jeff I know what you mean! We live near Toronto and they live near Vancouver, so we do not get to see him regularly. And so wish that I could!
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:12am
Face Palm, thanks for your comment. I agree to a certain extent, as thankfully my sex charge was not so strong that I had to force myself on anyone.
But I do wonder if those with inherent stronger drives, you know the guy who just can never keep his dick in his pants, not sure their logical brain or their social sexuality rules, will keep them from giving in.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:16am
Jeffry, shame or guilt are interesting emotions. They are negatives which pull you back into the past, and cause you to relive past shameful events. They can combine and get amplified, causing people to live in the past, in a state of stress.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:22am
Thanks Ward for your comments. Yes I agree we can get into semantics around the definition of 'race'. I believe that your definition of the 3 homo-sapien root races is scientifically accurate. These have splintered into sub-groups over the years, and not sure of the proper term. Could it be 'ethnic group"?
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:26am
Stephen Hunter-
So, you had an "addadicktome" operation? (that would be an example of the vernacular for a female-to-male transition.)

Sounds like you're describing a rapist, to me, and the justice system rather frowns on them, as well as the friends/relatives of the victims, not to mention cellmates, so...

One faces two choices in life: discipline oneself, or BE disciplined - whether by others or by circumstance.  For example of a circumstance, let's pretend that a rapist gets syphilis...couldn't happen to a nicer fella.

Ward Tipton Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:28am
Why not a singular human race? Just a thought. I do not have gay friends. I do not have black friends. I do not have Asian friends. However, I do have a great many friends who run the entire spectrum of ethnicity and proclivities.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:50am
FacePalm it sounds like you feel that everyone is born with the same amount of sex drive, that sexual behavior is controllable, IF we have the proper deterrents in place. We disagree on that premise.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:54am
Ward, the spiritual masters like Chopra, Tolle, Dyer and so on, firmly believe that we are all one, and that our true inner self is connected to not only all humans, but all of the universe, creating a universal consciousness and intelligence.  There is never death, just a transition from the physical body.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:25am
I no longer believe in separate races.  We are the same, we just look different on the outside.

Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 11:02am
Jeffrey you are WOKE. At least on this point. :)
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 12:25pm
LOL
Even A Broken Clock Added Oct 9, 2018 - 12:49pm
John Minehan - how could you have overlooked the holiday of the Pastafarians? I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

Stephen - congratulations. I wonder if I'll ever have the joys of holding a grandchild. Our older son is convinced that he should not add to the overpopulation of the world, and my younger son has seemed not to be driven sexually. That may change (and I hope it does).

My vote is also for the human race. One observation I have made - on this bulletin board where I have been a long-term reader, ever since the ascension of Trump, it seems like the repressed racists have been let loose. So much anti-Semitism and horrendous hatred of blacks expressed openly. I tolerate it only because it gives me information on one form of investment that I've followed for quite a few years.
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 4:55pm
Stephen-

Don't put words in my keyboard i didn't type.

What i believe is what i stated, that every man, woman and child is given the ability to master their desires if they so choose - and if they CANNOT or WILL not choose to master their desires, there will be both legal and societal consequences for that/those failures.  Parental, too, if you're a good parent and your child refuses to master his/her desire to, say, write on the walls or bite people/pets.

What you did there is a tactic i recognize; you misconstrued my position, then disagreed with the straw man you created and claimed victory.  You can do better.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:24pm
FacePalm wtf are you talking about? All I said was that I disagree with you on the point that all sexual behavior is controllable, regardless of the penalties.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:26pm
Even it will probably happen. I was not pining for a grandchild and certainly have never put any pressure on either child. But now that it has happened, I am so grateful.
Cullen Kehoe Added Oct 9, 2018 - 7:45pm
@Jeffry Gilbert - life experience has taught me to have such an outlook...

When crappy attitudes and frosty relations are applied to my wife, to me, and my kids by association, you bet I'm going teach my kids to approach such individuals with unease and shrewdness. The common denominator seems to be their American passports, lily white skin (and often blond hair).
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:21pm
The common denominator seems to be their American passports,

Uh oh, you haven't bothered to know about whom you are attacking.

I haven't lived in DUHmerica for over three decades, have lived in Asia for most of those years as well as South America and Europe. I 've been to more than 70 countries multiple times.

My gf of many years is Thai-Chinese.

None of the above has made me ashamed of being white, blue eyed, excessively tall, fat fingered or bald.

You haven't answered my question.

Cullen Kehoe Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:50pm
@Jeffy - Perhaps I wasn't communicating well. I am not ashamed of my own white skin, blue eyes, or blondish hair. I don't think anyone should be ashamed of their physical attributes.

But I do think it's wise to be wary of people you have a reason to be wary of. That's the way I see the world. I'll leave it at that.
Lindsay Wheeler Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:02pm
"
The goal is to raise the happiness level of the collective consciousness of humanity. Not to keep your race pure."

I don't know what the hell you are talking about Mr. Hunter, but despite your "Protestantism", you are the devil in disguise.

Is that what Jesus said to you?  No. He told you 'Do the Will of the Father in Heaven".  You show the complete degradation of Protestantism!  You are completely, sir, divorced from The Faith.  Christianity is NOT about "raise the happiness level"!  You are NOT a Christian---but some Utopianist. You will die and hear these words, "Begone, I never knew you".

St. Peter said, "Supplement the Faith with Arete". Arete includes within in it the Virtue of Righteousness. You are NOT to rebuild the Tower of Babel or encourage it. You are steeped in Sin. You are told to do the WILL of the Father---not your grandiose plans of Tikkun Olam!
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:57pm
Stephen-

i thought i was extremely clear about what i was talking about, and QUOTED you in my reply, where you attribute things i never said to me - which is the creation of the strawman argument - then you disagreed with that presumption you made.  My objection was to this generalized statement from your article:

"Our two other brains (logical and social) cannot manage the behaviors that sexual urges cause. Social institutions (like the church), cannot control sexual behavior either."

At the risk of repetitive redundancy - which i don't care for - i'll reiterate: any man, woman, or child can master their sexual desires, if they know how and seek the power to do so.  God told Cain, "Sin crouches at your door; it's desire is for you, but you must master it."  That task is a common one to all humanity, and quite a few have indeed followed those instructions - with Christ's help, they have been able to master themselves.  The bible calls them "overcomers."

You're free to disagree, but you're in error.  You seem to have generalized your way into a corner, for if but ONE exception to your "rule" can be demonstrated, your premise falls of it's own weight, as almost all generalizations do.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:36pm
Lindsay, so it is not all about happiness from your perspective? Ok perhaps is it all about helping others and being grateful? I could buy that. However being grateful and helping others makes a person happier anyway.
I am really having a hard time understanding your anger towards me? I do unto others as I would have others do unto me. If that is not Protestant enough for you then c'est la vie.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:49pm
FacePalm sorry you feel I have put words in your mouth, that was not my intention.
We disagree that sexual urges can be controlled.
Now let me clarify a bit more my perspective. First of all I was overgeneralizing, you are correct sir. Obviously most can control sexual urges to some extent, or we would all be copulating in public. However some are born with weird genetic wiring, and get off on deviant or more aggressive than normal sexual behavior. Some just have more sex drive and try as they might cannot remain faithful to their spouse. Some Priests cannot help themselves, and so on.
While most of us do get urges from time to time, we are able to stifel ourselves and behave the way society expects.
Lindsay Wheeler Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:28pm
You are engaged in genocide of your people for some future plan of utopia.

The Virtue of Righteousness says, "to do one's duty...to the fatherland". The Greek word is "patrida" where the word went into Latin as "patria" where we get the word "patriotic". The basis of "patriotic" is to one's Father, Patriarch of one's race, like Father Abraham. No son of Jesus commits Genocode and the genocide you advocate, from within, is Treason.

The essence of your action is about "Destroying". We are called to Preserve and Protect. Was that not the command in the Garden, "to cultivate and KEEP".

Did Jesus have happiness?  No he was persecuted. He purposely infuriated his kinsmen and their leaders. Jesus called them names. And when he pointed out the salivation history of Israel, Jesus pointed out ONLY Foreigners which enraged his hearers. Jesus condemned Jerusalem for he said, miracles done in Jerusalem would've converted Ninevah but not you. Jesus prophesied the destruction of Jerusalem. Jesus Christ was put to death by his own people.

Eleven of the twelve apostles were martyred. The """WORLD"" is against Christ!  Where have you been in Bible Study? Us Christians are NOT of this world. The book of Revelation teaches the destruction of this ""WORLD"" because of its evil!  Happiness?
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:47pm
Lindsay, in the words of Bob Dylan; "you go your way and I go mine".
The bible is a beautiful book, and can be interpreted in many different ways. I will continue to co-create my world with the universal consciousness, or whatever name humans choose to call the creator.
Cullen Kehoe Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:13pm
The Bible does not say that 'the races should remain separate'.

In the Old Testament, the ancient Jews were told not to intermarry with the people living around them but if the people 'became Jewish' and joined the Jews, then it was fine(with the exception of some of the Canaanite tribes).

The New Testament definitely says nothing remotely of this sort. Lindsay is reading his personal beliefs into the Bible. He wouldn't be the first to do this and he can believe what he wants, but it becomes a bit dishonest when he's claiming the Bible says something it really doesn't for modern day Christians.

And he's proving my point in a minor discussion I had with Jeffry Gilbert.

I suppose Lindsay thinks non-white and/or (technically) mixed race people are some sort of lesser human beings that have no place in Western countries. Yeah....sorry the Bible does not say that.
FacePalm Added Oct 11, 2018 - 11:34am
Stephen Hunter-
First, let me address a point i should have attended to earlier: congrats on your grandchild.  If you want to punish your son, give your grandchild a drum as soon as he can bang one.  *grin*  At the end of the day, your joy in your grandchild is the most important thing.

Second:
Thanks.

We disagree that sexual urges can be controlled.
Indeed, we do.

An excellent admission, which somewhat contradicts your previous statement that sexual urges can NOT be controlled.

Or regularly engaging in rape, which is never a good thing.

Those who "get off on deviant or more aggressive sexual behavior" cannot use "Judge, i couldn't couldn't control my sexual urges, so let me go home so i can rape some more, please" as any kind of viable defense.

And this is why courts and angry relatives/friends exist.

While most of us do get urges from time to time, we are able to stifle ourselves and behave the way society expects.
Or just treat each other as we ourselves would like to be treated, with dignity, respect, and love unfeigned...especially, not to tyrannize another, no matter the circumstances or "drives."  That's just an excuse, and a lousy one, at that.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 11, 2018 - 2:39pm
Cullen thanks so much for your interpretation of what the bible says about races intermingling.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 11, 2018 - 2:45pm
Thank-you FacePalm!
I am certainly NOT saying we should let people off the hook, just because they have stronger urges then others. Inherent or not, we are all responsible for our behaviors and how we treat others.
With some sexual predators, they should be behind bars for life, imo!
FacePalm Added Oct 11, 2018 - 10:01pm
Many people seem to be predators, and many are currently serving time(and preferably, repenting).  Predation is predation, whether sexual or otherwise, and such "people" should be isolated from their fellows until they learn better, if possible(sociopaths and psychopaths may be beyond help due to their lack of empathy).
Ward Tipton Added Oct 11, 2018 - 10:05pm
I have a strong desire to make an undocumented withdrawal from the local bank ... think it would be okay?

Restraint is not only the better part of valor, but a requisite in "civilized society"

Ward Tipton Added Oct 11, 2018 - 10:19pm
(sociopaths and psychopaths may be beyond help due to their lack of empathy)

It has been my experience that Sociopaths, being able to charm and woo crowds of people, tend to get in to politics in rather large numbers. Psychopaths, not so much, though even then, their urges can generally be controlled, even if not so much by the average sociopath.
Lindsay Wheeler Added Oct 12, 2018 - 9:22am
Cullen Kehoe, you too are a genocider. To mix the races together IS TO GENOCIDE!  What don't you understand about Logic and reason, cause and effect. If "The Bible does not say that 'the races should remain separate' " , as you say, then, you ARE rebuilding the Tower of Babel!

Did not Jesus speaking of marriage say, "What God has joined, let no man put asunder"?

The Opposite is ALSO TRUE. "What God has divided, Let no man put together".

Ecclesiasticus 36: 10-15
(10) And all men are from the ground, and Adam was created of earth. (11) In much knowledge the Lord hath divided them, and made their ways diverse.

The Lord God DIVIDED mankind. This is made quite clear. You are not to join them together. You Cullen are at war with God and doing and advocating the opposite of God teaches.

A Christian is one who obeys God and does His Will.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 12, 2018 - 1:17pm
Lindsay, I believe that this passage from 'Ecclesiastes' does not mean that God separated people into races, but rather it simply means he made everyone different from one another.
And here is an interpretation from a Christian Blog .... "A careful reading of Ecclesiastes gives us some clues as to its basic message.  The first clue is a phrase that is repeated several times in the book: “That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.”  This phrase, or something close to it, is repeated five times in the book of Ecclesiastes.  In Hebrew literature, repetition is a sure clue that the author wants you to focus on this phrase.  It is like a signal flare saying, “Look at me!!”  The message seems to be that we should enjoy the pleasures God has given us in this life."
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 12, 2018 - 1:31pm
When I see things like what Lindsay wrote I think the only hope for mankind is to mix the “races.”  Maybe that way we can get rid of the nonsense.
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 12, 2018 - 1:42pm
Jeffrey I think that what God planned was for the races to mix, because the gene pool of your kids has a better shot, if you are not marrying your cousin.
John Minehan Added Oct 12, 2018 - 5:48pm
Functionally, every one on Earth is descended from about 16 people.   We already ARE all cousins,  (It's just a family where Thanksgiving can get a bit long . . . .)
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 12, 2018 - 8:25pm
Was not aware of that John. Isn't the DNA evidence now showing both Neanderthal and Denisovan mixed into our homo-sapien genes?

Recent Articles by Writers Stephen Hunter follows.