Look We Got Another One

Remember the good old days of Wendy Davis?  It wasn't that long ago (2014) that Mrs. Davis reached the pinnacle of her political career.  She was THE great white hope (or more accurately the previous in a long line of great white hopes) in the wet dreams of the left.  Case in point, Wendy ran for Texas Governor in 2014 and was depicted by the media (and the polls) as being within striking distance of Republican Governor Greg Abbott.  The headlines of the Texas newspapers and media reminded us of that fact daily.  They were absolutely giddy.  This coincidentally allowed Wendy to raise millions from outside the state (Hollywood, New York, etc...).

And then the voters spoke... and Wendy didn't even get 40%; losing by more than 20 points.  Then… she went the way of the rest of the hyped leftist candidates that came before her.  And the main stream media?  Never mentioned her again (like the rest).  Never mentioned all the hype and how wrong they were (like the rest).

The main stream media does this every election cycle in Texas.  They pick a candidate  (usually for Governor or Senate) and hype them as THIS is the one!

Now we have Robert O’Rourke (Beto).  He is within striking distance of Senator Ted Cruz.  The polls show it.  The headlines (Houston Chronicle, Dallas Morning News, even National papers) show it.  The "news" reminds us that this time, it’s true (though they don’t mention all the other times it wasn’t).  He's the darling of leftist TV.  He's raised millions (more than even Cruz) from... Hollywood, New York, etc... (wanna bet if Beto spends all of it on this election, or banks quite a bit of it… because… even Beto knows it isn't going to happen.)

So... any newspaper with a headline touting this latest great white hope is lying to you (and they know it).  Any poll that has Beto really, really close (or even ahead) is lying to you (and they know it).  And you leftist wonder why we conservatives constantly point to the biased mains stream media and explain that they have no clothes?  You even deny there is such a thing as the biased leftist media; deny there is such a thing as "fake news".

Yes.  Beto will do much better than his ilk in the past (due to the irrational level of hatred achieved by the left).  But he WILL NOT win.  THIS is Texas.  If the likes of Beto wins in Texas, you (the rest of the nation) can hang it up and turn out the lights...

Comments

Flying Junior Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:29am
Great white hope?  Maybe I can help you with my dictionary of
clichés.
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 7:05am
IMO, the only chance Beto has is via cheating at the polls, so hopefully, there's some stringent voting machine monitoring going on, as well as some careful checking to see that dead people get stricken from the rolls(typically, your democrat tactic) or that anyone hiring more than 3 buses around election day gets a thorough investigation(Project Veritas caught democrat operatives planning for exactly that tactic, on videotape.)

i personally don't like Cruz; i think that as an alleged "Constitutional scholar," he well-knows that he is NOT "natural born" ergo can NEVER qualify for the presidency(and as a matter of ethical behavior, think he should make a principled effort to return every donation to his presidential campaign), but he's WAY better than Beano ever was or ever could be.

And from what i understand, most real Texans - not the California/Oregon/Washington State refugees currently infesting places like Austin - really like him.
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:23am
FJ >> Great white hope?

"Beto" depicts himself as Hispanic.  He's not.  A play on words (or clichés).
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:23am
FP >> IMO, the only chance Beto has is via cheating at the polls

That stuff is rampant in minority districts in Houston (and I suspect other cities across the nation).  Buses of "voters" moving from poll to poll.  People should be going to prison for that crap, but everybody looks the other way.  THAT is the power of the race card.

I remember a video of a guy years ago (in New Orleans) who had just got off one of those buses asking for someone to call the police.  He was promised something like $20 dollars per vote, but they only gave him $20 for the whole trip.  He was cheated and wanted to report the crime.

FP >> i personally don't like Cruz; i think that as an alleged "Constitutional scholar," he well-knows that he is NOT "natural born"

I've heard the accusation (born in Canada to America parents) but I'm not enough of a legal scholar to say.  I'm sure it would have come up had he won the presidency...

Wasn't McCain born in Panama?

FP >> but he's WAY better than Beano ever was or ever could be.

A dead possum would be better than Beano was every going to be.

FP >> And from what i understand, most real Texans ... really like him.

I do.  He's what a "maverick" should be in Washington.  They all hate him... which means he's doing something right.

FP >> ... not the California/Oregon/Washington State refugees currently infesting places like Austin

I assume you are referring to the "People's Republic of Austin". :)
Stephen Hunter Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:01am
Texas, not sure how anyone could deny the existence of fake news. That has been happening forever, spread lies and rile people up so they will act irrationally. And politicians of all stripes have been using fake news when they want to deny something, that they definiely did do.
Rick W. Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:48am
TL>"Beto" depicts himself as Hispanic.  He's not.

I've never heard him call himself Hispanic. Can you verify that? "Beto" is indeed a Spanish nickname for Roberto/Robert... but he's been called "Beto" since he was a little boy.

>Yes.  Beto will do much better than his ilk in the past (due to the irrational level of hatred achieved by the left).  But he WILL NOT win.  THIS is Texas.

I give him a 1 in 3 chance. Disgust with the GOP in 2018 isn't irrational. And while this is indeed Texas, even a conservative can lose here if he can't get the women's vote.

I really don't get how Cruz can suck up to Trump and still be respected, after Trump called his wife a dog and his father a traitor. "Tough as Texas?" He wishes.
Even A Broken Clock Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:01am
TexasLynn - I suspect you are correct in that Beto will fall short, but, were he to actually win, I have the soundtrack for the event.

Dandy Don Meredith's rendition
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:26am
Stephen H >> Texas, not sure how anyone could deny the existence of fake news.

I don't either.  But the issue isn't denying the existence of fake news; but denying that the main stream media is overwhelmingly fake and overwhelmingly left.  The left part is what is denied while being as obvious as the nose on your/my face.

Stephen H >> That has been happening forever, spread lies and rile people up so they will act irrationally.

Happening forever?  Yes.  As for as acting irrationally?  Hmmmmm...

The purpose is simply to hide truth.  Sometimes so that no action is taken, sometimes so action is taken based on faulty information (rationally or not).

Stephen H >> And politicians of all stripes have been using fake news when they want to deny something, that they definitely did do.

Yes, all politicians do try to use it.  BUT... my premise is that when 90% of the "news" is skewed to the left, that makes is possible for the left to use this tool much more and much ore effectively than the right could ever hope to do.

This election and the various misinformation pushed concerning Beto and his standing is a good example of that.  This would NEVER be possible for a conservative candidate.

Thanks for the comment...
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:27am
RW >> I've never heard him call himself Hispanic.

He doesn't have to.  It's implied all over the place.

But, one example would be him trying to join the Hispanic Caucus immediately after being elected to Congress.  He was denied admittance.

RW >> I give him a 1 in 3 chance.

I think that's a little overblown (just my opinion).  I wouldn't place the odds at 1 i 10.  The media would have you believe it's 50/50.

RW >> Disgust with the GOP in 2018 isn't irrational.

I think that's a little overblown. :)  It's more about vitriolic hatred of all things Trump than the GOP.

I do think Beto will do much better than previous attempts.  I even think he'll be within 10%.

RW >> And while this is indeed Texas, even a conservative can lose here if he can't get the women's vote.

It can happen, I don't deny that.

My point is more the hype (and fake news) of this particular candidate and other like him in the past.

But also remember that women are not the delicate single-minded group the left wishes they were; especially in Texas. I’m likely one of the most conservative people you know.  My mother makes me look like an Opher Goodwin (ultra-leftist who hates labels).

RW >> I really don't get how Cruz can suck up to Trump and still be respected

As I've said in the past, I didn't vote for Trump; and specifically for character/ideological reasons.  I'll have that decision to make again in a very short while.

Politics (as they say) makes for very strange bedfellows.  I don't fault Cruz.  Like Trump, he practically has the whole of the deep state and his own Party against him.  How can he do the most good in Washington?  Swallow his pride and work with the man or pout?  I could have understood either choice.

RW >> "Tough as Texas?" He wishes.

As for tough.  Beto's demeanor does remind me a lot of Obama (as he has been compared).  If Bush was the "Cowboy" President, Obama was the "Pussy" President.  THAT did not go well for this nation (it emboldened out enemies for eight years).  In comparison?  Cruz is as tough as nails.

Thanks for the "moderate" Texans' view on the subject. :)
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:43am
EABC >> I suspect you are correct in that Beto will fall short

There in only one thing and one thing only that scares me.  And it's the fact that TexasLynn (third person) is notoriously bad at political predictions. :)  I mean... really, really bad.

EABC >> but, were he to actually win, I have the soundtrack for the event.

Yes, very appropriate (for Texas, and the nation).

If the left takes solace in any of this, let it be that they eventually win.  I think it's in the Book of Revelation somewhere. :)
Rick W. Added Oct 9, 2018 - 11:28am
TL>one example would be him trying to join the Hispanic Caucus immediately after being elected to Congress.  He was denied admittance

That's too bad. His Spanish is better than Ted's. :)

TL> I’m likely one of the most conservative people you know.  My mother makes me look like an Opher Goodwin

Ha!

TL>I doubt you were ever going to consider voting for Cruz.  :)  Any more than I would consider the likes of Beto.

100% correct. Just as you root for whoever the Cowboys are playing, I'd root for whomever is most likely to defeat Cruz.

TL>Beto's demeanor does remind me a lot of Obama (as he has been compared).  If Bush was the "Cowboy" President, Obama was the "Pussy" President.

You say "pussy" like it's a bad thing. Pussies are tough as hell. Those things can really take a pounding!

But seriously folks... I'll take intelligence and thoughtfulness over bumper sticker, oily frat  boy, fake cowboy, yee-ha baloney any day of the week.

TL>Thanks for the "moderate" Texans' view on the subject. :)

There are no more moderates in the Trump era. They all died from malnourishment. There are only liberals and conservatives. But thanks for thinking of me as halfway-human. :)
John Minehan Added Oct 9, 2018 - 12:26pm
I admire Cruz.

He is a brilliant lawyer and a sincere conservative.  I supported Cruz/Fiorina in 2016.  I hope he wins.

But I suspect O'Rourke has a chance.  He might not in some other year, but he does now.

TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:04pm
Rick W >> Just as you root for whoever the Cowboys are playing...

Which last night happened to be... the Texans.  Go Texans!  So, my first and second favorite teams happened to be one and the same this week.

Rick W >> You say "pussy" like it's a bad thing....

It is in Presidents.  Obama was a cat in a dog eat dog world.  He was in over his head and we as a nation paid the price.  Everyone says "the world" respected us when Obama was President.  Bull%$#@, they just enjoyed bending us over the table.

If I give Trump any credit, "the world" sure doesn't like (read respect with the MSM) us anymore and THAT is a good thing.

Rick W >> I'll take intelligence and thoughtfulness...

The guy is part of that new generation of Democrats, meaning a socialist, literally.  How thoughtful and intelligent could he be?

Rick W >> But thanks for thinking of me as halfway-human.

I think you're slightly elevating my opinion of "moderates" by half. :)
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:07pm
JM >> I admire Cruz.

Me too.  The left and establishment despise him.  That's a good sign.  If either of these two groups embrace you, you need to re-evaluate what you're doing.

JM >> He is a brilliant lawyer and a sincere conservative.

Exactly.

JM >> I supported Cruz/Fiorina in 2016.  I hope he wins.

Me too.

JM >> But I suspect O'Rourke has a chance.

And that is only because of the year 2018 and the irrational exuberance/hate of the left.  Any other year, he would have lost by 20.

JM >> Texas (where I was stationed for some years) is a great place with great people, but the people are a bit different than in other places.

Yes, we are.  Thank you for noticing.

Advise from my grandfather: Never ask a man where he is from.  If he's from Texas he would have already told you.  If he's not, there's no need to embarrass him. :)
Dino Manalis Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:21pm
 Democrats used to do well in Texas, they have to run as New Democrats, to gain voters' trust.
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:27pm
Dino M >> Democrats used to do well in Texas...

That they did.  But we Texans (and the south as a whole) never left the Democratic Party, they LEFT us.

Dino M >> ...they have to run as New Democrats, to gain voters' trust.

Beto is a "New" Democrat, aka socialist... which is the direction the party as a whole has been moving for many years.  They've just about arrived.
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 4:12pm
TL-
i don't want to go TOO tangential to your articles' point, but during the run-up to the 2012 election, it finally dawned on me that i should research the "natural born" issue to find out what it meant, esp. since any questioning of D'OhBama's eligibility was being framed as 'racism.'

The (relatively) short story is that ever since Emmerrich Vattel authored the ponderous collection of tomes known as The Law of Nations(ca 1740), "natural born" has ALWAYS required two Citizens of the country in question prior to the birth of a child in order to convey the "natural born" status to that child.  John Jay - first SCOTUS judge - was considered to be the American expert on The Law of Nations, and it was at his suggestion that this phrase was included as a qualification for the presidency in Article 2; he wanted to guard against the dangers of foreign influence over these united States.  After the ratification of the Constitution, the First Congress, in their Second session, realized that since the phrase was not defined in the body of the Constitution itself, for posterity's sake they made law to conform to this point, and further declared that any child born ANYwhere would be considered a natural born Citizen if BOTH parents were Citizens at the moment of the child's birth.  This is what made McCain lawfully eligible, even though he was born in the Panama canal zone; the place didn't matter.  The Citizenship of the parents mattered...and still does, today.  Trump qualifies because his mom - a Scottish immigrant - became naturalized a good decade and more prior to his birth, iirc, and his dad was born in America.

Cruz's dad was never a US citizen until long after Ted's birth(he came to this country from Cuba, and after some schooling, went straight to Canada with Ted's mom), and both Ted's parents lived in Canada for roughly 2.5 years prior to his birth, as well.  At that time in history, Canada did not allow for dual Citizenship, and the longest any Canadian visa lasted was 6 months.  Ted's mom would have been REQUIRED to relinquish her US citizenship in order to remain in Canada, and since she availed herself of Canada's healthcare system while giving birth, she obviously did so.

Even though Cruz publicly renounced his Canadian citizenship, he's never provided documentation of his US citizenship or how he got it.  Don't think that matters for a Senator, but it DOES matter for the Presidency.  If Cruz runs for the presidency again, i will oppose him on the basis of the Constitution he claims such great expertise in, but apparently does not wish to conform himself to if it frustrates his ambition.
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:12pm
Wow... FP... what was detailed and informative; the kind of just-the-facts research I like.  As of right now, I can say I'm better informed on a particular issue.  Admittedly, I would be curious to see the other side of the argument if one has ever been presented.  Likely it's just been ignored.

Given your research I have a few questions.

1) I assume anyone born on U.S. soil is considered a "natural born citizen" no matter the citizenship status of their parents (as things stand now)?

2) Thinking of Obama, if he was (and I'm not saying he was) born outside the U.S. was his father a citizen at the time?  Was he ever a U.S. citizen?

Back to your original point in relation to Cruz, I must note that it doesn't support the outcome I want so I'm going to call you names, screech at you and make your life a living hell. I would post your personal information on Wikipedia if I had it.  If I ever see you in public, I’m going to harangue the %^$# out of you.

OR... instead... I think I'll take your well researched and though-out information and give it more consideration.

Thanks for the tangent… :)

The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 6:39pm
Tex - It's been some time, but I have family in various parts of the Lone Star ( several in Austin ) and I have a pretty good read on Texas. An alleged Hispanic with an Irish surname has about a snowball's chance in hell of getting elected Governor.

I like the picture..... Looks like he's assumed the right position for what he has coming from the voters :)
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:12pm
TBH... exactly.

This is not a story about said Italian/Hispanic but rather about the mainstream media pushing a narrative they push every election cycle.  I’m just pointing out for the umpteenth time that the emperor has no clothes.

FYI… Beto is running for Senate… but the point is he’s not going to win any state-wide office.  Everybody and his dog in Texas (or knows Texans) knows that.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:36pm
I stand corrected Tex....too much time in the sun the last couple days. You are correct....the narrative is BS. The fact that they are trying so hard proves it
Lindsay Wheeler Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:10pm
When you look up the definition of Liars---it is defined as "media".
FacePalm Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:31pm
TL-

Anyone born anywhere who has 2 parents who are US Citizens is considered "natural born."  A child born to one US citizen is considered a citizen, just not "natural born."  A child born on US soil to any non-citizen parent(s) is considered a 14th Amendment citizen; these have no "natural rights," aka God-given, but what the 14th delineates - "privileges and immunities."  Immigrants who go through the process become "naturalized" citizens, who can run for any office but President.  Schwartzeneggar would be an example of this, as he could and did become governor, and apparently WANTED to run for preznit, but knew he was barred by law from doing so.  Then, there are the American Nationals, usually ones who have awakened to the dirty trick played on most Americans, who have realized the sneaky plan: to turn Sovereign Citizens into Federal Citizens.  Here's an example of this trickery in action:

TITLE 5 - GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATION AND EMPLOYEES
PART I - THE AGENCIES GENERALLY
CHAPTER 5 - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE
SUBCHAPTER II - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURE
Sec. 552a. Records maintained on individuals
-STATUTE-
(a) Definitions. - For purposes of this section –
(13) the term ''Federal personnel'' means officers and employees of the Government of the United States, members of the uniformed services (including members of the Reserve Components), individuals entitled to receive immediate or deferred retirement benefits under any retirement program of the Government of the United States (including survivor benefits).

The foregoing is why the Southern States objected so vociferously to ratification of the 14th - they realized that it created an entirely new class of citizen, the "federal citizen."  If you're interested in the Unconstitutionality of the 14th, i'll be happy to provide a link to a quite detailed/annotated article which makes the case for it's Unconstitutionality quite overwhelmingly, IMO.

D'OhBama's mom was a US Citizen, probably natural-born; iirc, D'OhBama's maternal grandparents were both Citizens, so that's all that's needed to convey that status to his mom.   D'OhBama readily and freely admits that his dad was Kenyan, thus disqualifying him from the office of the Presidency ab initio; one needn't bother with the fake BC and the "birther nonsense" epithet the deceived attempt to distract with.  Nevertheless, i believe he is a US citizen, he's just not "natural born," as defined by not only the First Congress, Second Session, but multiple SCOTUS rulings, both prior and subsequent to the "passage"(another tangential story) of the 14th Amendment.  (as yet another aside, a book called "Dreams from my REAL Father" makes a good case that Frank Marshall Davis is D'OhBama's real dad, NOT the Kenyan).  The first SCOTUS case which touched on the natural born issue is called "The Venus," iirc.

Here's how i researched this subject.
First, i googled "natural born vattel."  Next, i googled "natural born first congress second session."  Then, i googled "natural born supreme court."  Following links and reading what was found led me to most of the conclusions you have read above.  Should anyone wish to duplicate my efforts, the path has been laid out.  Nowadays, i never use google for websearches.

In previous conversations along this line, i pointed out that since Michelle is natural born and her husband is a citizen, that would make both of their CHILDREN natural born, and thus qualified to run for president(when the other 2 conditions have been met).

Jeff Michka Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:34pm
Gee, I thought the doctionary entry under liar was "Lindsay Wheeler."  You should know Hispanic nicknames, TraitorLynn.  They call you Tacobrain, don't they?  Why aren't you living in good white people land in the upper midwest?  Feasting on jello salads, boiled vegetables and pot roasts?  And how is your quest to save 'Murrica from its cancer, going?
Flying Junior Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:32am
Hey Ric,

Thanks for the comment about Beto trying to join the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.  That led me to the Texas Tribune.  What a great newspaper.  It reminds me a great deal of San Diego's La Prensa.  Both papers deal with border issues.  In the case of La Prensa it is exclusively about issues which face the Latino population.  Articles appear in both Spanish and English.

As much as it irks Lynn, I enjoy hearing from liberal voices in Texas.  Nobody is more downhome Texas than Susan DuQuesnay Bankston, propietor of Juanita Jean's The World's Most Dangerous Beauty Salon, Inc.   http://juanitajean.com/

Oh, and Lynn, don't forget Denton.  There are plenty of forward-thinking Texans in Denton.  Texas has always been a progressive state.  Since the Mexicans have been there longer than us white folks, there is little racial tension.  Texas has intelligent energy policies and good emergency management.

But as far as the goofsters y'all send to Washington...  Man!  You can do better than that!
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:43am

you mean they'll have to lie? They already do that. Hows that workin'?
Flying Junior Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:44am
On a related note, since Taylor Swift has broken her strict policy of not speaking about politics, I couldn't help but think of the Dixie Chicks.  I'm glad to see that they are back together.  I like that kind of music.

Tennessee is another, "red," state that has a vibrant progressive community, again centered around the big cities and, of course, the music industry.

Because that's where the brain trust is, bros!  Looking forward to Texas being one of the first Western states to turn blue.  New Mexico and Nevada have shown a great deal of improvement lately.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:45am

ROTFLMAO! This coming from a resident of the Peoples Soviet Republic of Kalifornia! Too rich!
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:46am
Leroy Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:10am
We got another one.  Clean up on aisle eighteen.
Leroy Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:22am
"Why is it that the great centers of intellectual thought, the great cities and the great musical and cultural centers all tend towards liberal?"

That's a darn good question.  It used to be the most conservative city in the most conservative state here.  Now they call it the Liberal Rebel of the South.  Now we have all that artsy fartsy stuff that could never support itself without public assistance, beggars on every street corner, out of control public spending, and people moving in from all the liberal cities trying to escape excessive taxation.  It's like all the people immigrating to the US from all the shithole countries trying to escape their plight, only to try the make their new home like the same shithole from which they came.  It's all they know.  It brings a lot of nice things, I admit.   It's great as long as someone else pays for it.  They hook you with the federal grants.  The state and cities build all this stuff, then the locals have to maintain it.  Then comes the increase in taxes.  Apartments are popping up all over the place.  The infrastructure can't support.  More taxes, more infrastructure, more people moving end.  It's an endless cycle.
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 10:57am
FP, thanks for the expanded information on the term "natural born" citizen and the info on the 14th Amendment.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Jeff M, that was one of the most readable (and not vulgar) comments you have made in recent weeks.  It doesn't warrant a reply, but I'll allow it on my thread. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FJ >> Thanks for the comment about Beto trying to join the Congressional Hispanic Caucus.

I thought I did that.

FJ >> That led me to the Texas Tribune.  What a great newspaper.

All major newspapers in the Texas are leftist, the Houston Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, the Austin American Statesmen... but that pretty well goes across the nation.

FJ >> As much as it irks Lynn, I enjoy hearing from liberal voices in Texas.

I don't have a problem with liberal voices... I have issue with honesty which the liberal papers are not, both in their reporting and in their self-awareness of their bias.  See this post.  If this election isn’t a one or two-point squeaker, they are all lying.

FJ >> On a related note, since Taylor Swift has broken her strict policy of not speaking about politics,

Yeah... probably not a good idea.  We'll see.  We live in different times.  Plus, TS is a teen idol, not country like the Dixie Chicks.  Her customers don’t keep up with this stuff.  It’s just common sense.  As for the Dixie Chicks being back... they've been "back" a few times since they ruined their careers.  I liked their music too.

FJ >> Tennessee is another, "red," state that has a vibrant progressive community, again centered around the big cities

All states have progressive communities centered around the big cities.  It is the nature of big cities.  Some are worse (or better in your opinion) than others.

FJ >> Why is it that the great centers of intellectual thought, the great cities ...

LMAO... I'll let Leroy deal with this flight of fancy...

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

TBH >> The progressives in Texas are nearly all in Travis County. Where they can be kept under close observation

Yeah... If we ever secede; we'll need to cordon off that entire county and provide transportation across the border for just about everybody there.  North/South/East/West... don't care which border, you just can't stay here. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Leroy >> That's a darn good question. (Leftist cities)

One problem we have (in Texas) is all the leftist migrate here for jobs once they've destroyed their home state economies.  Years ago, there was a popular bumper sticker in Houston that read "We don't care how you did it in New Jersey".

"It's like all the people immigrating to the US from all the shithole countries trying to escape their plight, only to try the make their new home like the same shithole from which they came,"... that works within the states as well.

We (Texas) have a lot (way too many) Californians, and East Coasters for my taste.  What’s the difference between a Yankee and a dam Yankee.  The Yankee visits, the dam Yankee stays. :)
Bill Kamps Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:04am
Beto will lose, Shelia Jackson Lee will win.  It is just how it is here.
Leroy Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:35am
"What’s the difference between a Yankee and a dam Yankee."

What's the difference between a damn Yankee and hemorrhoids?

Hemorrhoids eventually go back up.  A damn Yankee stays.

I had a lot of Yankees as classmates in college, mostly New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania.  Many of them became damn Yankees after school.  After being here long enough, they eventually became cultured enough to escape damnation...lol.
John Minehan Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:52am
"I understand the sentiment.  I’m here to set your mind at ease and letting you know we go through this crap every election cycle.  Beto will lose between 5-10 points.

You can bet that Beto will be "banking" several million of the out-of-state money he raised.  THAT is the sole reason he ran in the first place."

Way back in 1993, I was the DivArty S-2 for 1st CAV.  It was a Major's Slot, but I was a Captain and I was not bound to one year in the position, so I was continuing in the position.

On the other hand, we were getting a new S-3 and DFSCOORD.  The former S-3 and DFSCOORD had gone to their new positions and the new S-3 and DFSCOORD were on leave.  In fact, all of the old S-3 officers had left and the new ones were not yet due to report.

At that point, 1st CAV G-3 told me that we were responsible for supporting the 49th AD DivArty TOC's annual training.  (It would have been nice to know before.)

Since there was exactly one officer handy (me) I assigned myself the task.

The 49th AD DivArty were a really good unit. I picked up some useful things from them and brought our Ops SGM over to talk to theirs.

One of their officers, a very sharp Artillery Officer, told me I should join the Texas National Guard because, "As a Spanish-speaking Catholic , you'd be acceptable in South Texas and you were close enough to being a white man to be acceptable in North Texas.  Hell, you could be CG someday."

Now, I'm sure he was kidding.

But, that MIGHT be a reason (only one of them, but one of them) why Ted Cruz MIGHT have a problem.

Ken Added Oct 10, 2018 - 12:15pm
I still don't know how Texas ever voted for Ann Richards.

that said, what is crazy, the "darling of the left" Robert Francis O'Rourke (that famed Irish-Hispanic Beto) is already being tossed about as a 2020 presidential favorite
Bill Kamps Added Oct 10, 2018 - 12:25pm
Ken:  Texas governors dont do anything.  They had most of their power stripped in the late 1800s.  Therefore people like Perry, even though a governor, really is a lightweight politician as he demonstrated in his campaigns for the Presidency.

Ann Richards won because Clayton Williams ran a pretty poor campaign, making a number of crude remarks including off color jokes about rape.  He had a 20 point lead in the polls which evaporated.  He really never was a politician and it showed in his campaign.

Beto is from ElPaso, and that area is hardly typical of Texas as a whole.
Jeff Michka Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:31pm
Oh, gee....I'm so happy I pleased traitorlynn.  LOL.  Of course he won't reply, that would mean his shit would stop glittering like rotten wood.  Your pleasure with me won't stop me from calling you a total Hide-behind-Geezus hypocite rightist.  How....noble.
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 8:11pm
Jeff Michka >> Of course he won't reply...

Here you go.  A reply.  You haven't read the post.  Nothing you say has any relevance to the post or much of anything.

I can sum up every one of your comments over the past year.

Blah blah... traitorlynn... blah blah, geezus... blah, blah rightist... blah blah (80% change of something vulger enough to deserve deleting)...

Jeff, I suspect there is as much depth to your life as there is to your comments.  I pity your shallow, shallow existence.

On my threads, Jeff, I'll do my best to give you the benefit of the doubt and leave up your comments.  They prove my point after all.  But there is a line and it I will never hesitate to delete you crap when it crosses it.
Kristen Foley Added Oct 11, 2018 - 12:27pm

There is a difference between polls and media bias.  The polls are not lying.  The race between Beto and Cruz is close.  It’s your opinion the race will widen in Cruz’s favor and I believe that opinion is shared by most.  After all, liberals rarely win in Texas and incumbents rarely beat sitting Senators.  Not to mention the brouhaha over Kavanaugh is bound to help Republicans.  However, when someone in the media cites a poll and alerts their readers of what it’s indicating, they aren’t lying unless they recite the poll incorrectly.

As for media bias, it exists on both the left and right.  It’s simply human nature for us to have biases and humans work in media.  As for fake news, I’m sure it exists, but I don’t see much evidence of it unless you’re talking about Podunk websites and newspapers.  The big ones have too much to lose by intentionally misreporting information.  What you’re seeing is likely just bias, that you’re falsely labeling "fake news" because you don't agree with liberal views.
Bill Kamps Added Oct 11, 2018 - 12:44pm
Well Kristen to a degree you are correct.  However, reporters are not just supposed to repeat what they hear.  They are supposed to do reporting, investigating and applying their knowledge.  Someone reporting on a political race should know more than me about it, since it is not my job.  Therefore, if the polling shows the race is close, and it is unlikely to be that close in the end, a good reporter will say so.  Not trumpet the challenger and pretend they may  win.

It’s simply human nature for us to have biases and humans work in media.

Two things to say about that.  First the media PRETENDS and SAYS  they are not biased, instead of acknowledging it.  Second in past decades the media hid lots of things from the voters, "for the good of the country" they said.  Now they cant do it because of alternative sources of news, they even are having a difficult time controlling the agenda, which they have done in the past, and they continue to try to do.  The media has never been close to a neutral source of news.
TexasLynn Added Oct 11, 2018 - 1:19pm
Kristen, thank you for the comment.  We're probably still going to disagree, but I do appreciate your perspective.

KF >> There is a difference between polls and media bias.

I agree somewhat.  Media bias is a core attribute of the media.  Polls are a tool with multiple purpose.

My assertion that the media is overwhelmingly leftist.  And I'm not just talking about flaky websites.  I'm talking about practically every newspaper in the country (minus a handful).  I'm talking about every broadcast and cable news outlet (minus a handful) ... etc... and don't get me started on Google, Facebook, Twitter...

KF >> The polls are not lying.

Here we would disagree.  A poll is only as good and honest as the people who design and conduct it.  Everyone knows that polls can be manipulated to skew results.  That is what is happening here.  Polls are even also often used for the purpose of (not gathering information) but rather "pushing" the one questioned in a certain direction.

My assertion is that the polls ARE LYING and were designed to do so.  Some polls were designed and conducted by the media to generate the results they want (a close race) to be used in disinformation.  All involved are aware of the disingenuousness of what they are doing.  Skewing the poll results and reporting the erroneous data as fact.

Polls are based on statistics and when it comes to that bit of science Mark Twain was right... "There are lies, dam lies, and statistics".

KF >> The race between Beto and Cruz is close.

The whole point of the post is... the race isn't close.  That is what I'm saying point blank.

The polls that say it is are rigged, and the media reporting those polls know they are rigged.  Both are lying.

The media may choose to try and save face and depict the race as widening later... but, right now, they are lying.

KF >> It’s your opinion the race will widen in Cruz’s favor and I believe that opinion is shared by most.

No... that is not my opinion.  My opinion is that the race is already wide, and that fact is being hidden.

KF >> Not to mention the brouhaha over Kavanaugh is bound to help Republicans.

I've heard that, and the opposite asserted.  My opinion is that the interest on the left is already at a peak (and has been peaked out for over a year now) and can get no higher.  The left will crawl through broken glass to vote.  The only question left is how motivated the right can become and will it be enough to mitigate the lefts "enthusiasm"

KF >> However, when someone in the media cites a poll and alerts their readers of what it’s indicating, they aren’t lying unless they recite the poll incorrectly.

Hmmmm... OK… If I accurately quote a man who I know is lying am I lying?

Answer: Depends on my intent.  If my intent is to simply accurately quote him... no.  If my intent is to infer that what he is saying is true... then yes.

The media has knowledge of the lie.  The media's intent is the latter (infer the lie is true).  The media is lying.
TexasLynn Added Oct 11, 2018 - 1:19pm
KF >> As for media bias, it exists on both the left and right.

Agreed.  But I doubt you see that it's 90% left and 10% right.

KF >> As for fake news, I’m sure it exists, but I don’t see much evidence of it unless you’re talking about Podunk websites and newspapers.

As I stated above, I'm not talking about podunk websites or newspapers.  I'm talking about:

Newspapers: The New York Times, Washington Post, USA Today, Houston Chronicle, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Dallas Morning News... and almost EVERY other major newspaper in the country.

Broadcast Media: ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, PBS, and practically EVERY local broadcast station in the nation...

Cable News: CNN, MSNBC, HLN, ESPN...

Media Corporations: Google, Facebook, Twitter, Disney, Apple...

As I stated above... this seems to be where we disagree...

"But the issue isn't denying the existence of fake news; but denying that the main stream media is overwhelmingly fake and overwhelmingly left.  The left part is what is denied while being as obvious as the nose on your/my face." – TexasLynn (above)

The list of conservative media is but a handful in comparison: Fox News, Wall Street Journal, talk radio, Drudge…

KF >> The big ones have too much to lose by intentionally misreporting information.

Not at all, that is now in fact... their bread and butter.

KF >> What you’re seeing is likely just bias, that you’re falsely labeling "fake news" because you don't agree with liberal views.

I do differentiate bias and fake news in a way.  Bias is the attribute of the media are part of who they are.  Fake news is the result of that bias.  The bias is always there, it doesn't always produce fake news (but often enough).

Truth isn't dependent upon my (or anyone's) view of the world.  Whether or not Trump or Clinton "colluded" with foreign agents is either true or it's not.  Who views what how is irrelevant to that fact.  View of the world is relevant in one's ability to ascertain truth.  I'm comfortable with my ability to call balls and strikes in that regard.

I know we didn't agree on much here... but thank you for the comment and the opportunity to clarify what I'm trying to say in this post.
FacePalm Added Oct 11, 2018 - 1:29pm
Tex-

Kristen-
Do you recall all the polls in 2016, none of which showed any chance of Trump winning?

They were obviously and repeatedly(and i believe, deliberately) incorrect.  If they fooled you once, why would you accept their dictates again as "gospel truth"?

I expect Republicans to sweep out the vast majority of democrats in less than 4 weeks, now, and the "polls" will again be shown to have been wildly inaccurate in their forecast/predictions.  Many of these pollsters - according to some sources i'm aware of - deliberately do democratic oversampling in order to skew the results, as a psyop attempt to manipulate Americans into NOT voting, just as they did in 2016.  Don't fall for that crap - don't get fooled again.  Feel free to sing along...
TexasLynn Added Oct 11, 2018 - 1:42pm
FP >> Yer welcome; i'll refrain from any more info on the 14th unless(until?) you ask for it.  You may have noticed my tendency to wax verbose.

Did you do a post on the 14th before, or am I mis-remembering?

You've definitely given me a bit to think about.

FP >> I expect Republicans to sweep out the vast majority of democrats in less than 4 weeks...

See... I don't.  I expect the red wave... not a tsunami, but at least a wave.  That said, I wouldn't have given Trump a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

I hope you prove me wrong.   again...  My pride can take it for the good of the country. :)
Ken Added Oct 11, 2018 - 4:51pm
Texas governors dont do anything

Absolutely disagree.  In fact I think Greg Abbott is one of the best Governors we have had at any time in any state.

More states should also take on the texas model of a part time legislature that meets for a few weeks every other year
Ken Added Oct 11, 2018 - 5:01pm
In the latest Beto news, he has announced he would have voted against Kavanaugh and apparnetly is very pro-drug -

Beto O’Rourke has a years-long alliance with a fringe radio host on the “Drug Truth Network.”
The Network’s founder, Dean Becker, has compared the U.S. to Nazi Germany and federal law enforcement officials to the Islamic State.
O’Rourke is a recurring guest on Becker’s shows and sponsored a press conference for Becker’s target="_blank" rel="noopener">book.
FacePalm Added Oct 11, 2018 - 5:47pm
Tex-
It's entirely possible that i provided a link to the barefootsworld article before, but i'll do it again if you're interested.  i didn't write an article on the 14th(i only put up 2, so far), but it might be an idea, assuming any interest.  Personally, i find this relatively little-known area of American history to be fascinating, but others may find it relatively dry; there's also an Original 13th "Titles of Nobility" Amendment which was ratified sometime in the 1840's, too, but it "disappeared" in the aftermath of the War for State's Rights...which may also be somewhat interesting; apparently, Americans did not want any lawyers(their "title of nobility" is "esquire") representing them, it appears.

i have seen that the prophesies given to Mark Taylor have manifested with some regularity, and he's one source which states that the dimmys are going to lose big-time - and he goes further, to say that it may be a long time before democrats honestly win seats again.  We'll both see "proof of concept" in less than 4 weeks, now...and you're right, it will be VERY good for Americans and America.
Ken Added Oct 11, 2018 - 7:35pm
Rick W. Added Oct 12, 2018 - 11:14am
TL>Polls are based on statistics and when it comes to that bit of science Mark Twain was right... "There are lies, dam lies, and statistics"

Even money isn't a reliable measuring stick. Per the Dallas Morning News, Beto ($61 mil) has raised a lot more than Ted Cruz ($25) -- though they still give Cruz a solid 9 point lead. (Per the Federal Election Commission, only about 1/3 of both Beto's and Ted's money is clearly identified as being in-state; 2/3 is out-of-state or unknown.)

The whole blue wave thing, as always, depends on young voters actually registering and voting. Texas is particularly bad at this. Enthusiasm is great, but it's not enough to win elections. If only people 45-64 vote, Texas will remain red for years to come.
FacePalm Added Oct 12, 2018 - 11:43am
Tex-
Not to quibble, but Twain got that quote from Benjamin Disraeli.

Ok, i'm quibbling.

But whoever originated it (could've been Disraeli's housekeeper) it's absolutely apropos.  Individuals think individually, not collectively, no matter HOW much collectivists wish it so.
Ken Added Oct 12, 2018 - 11:54am

So the Blue Wave only happens if young people vote?  And why would that be?  Because they have all been indoctrinated into the socialism crap and don't understand the principles of capitalism and why they even have the ability to vote and get virtually any product they want at their fingertips thanks to innovation and capitalism, so they rush right out to cheer for their own demise through centralized rule and bloated, overbearing, inadequate government solutions.
FacePalm Added Oct 12, 2018 - 12:14pm
Ken-
Yep, that's pretty-much it.
Recent surveys apparently show that the vast majority of the 25-35yr-olds believe socialism to be a Good Thing, and the solution to many-if-not-most of America's problems.
This is what happens when Carter's DoEdjamacashun was able to control curriculum and influence hiring/firing decisions in the Public Fool system, imo.

Education is WAY too important to be controlled from any centralized location.  The temptation to teach that "government is wonderful" is simply too strong.
i DO have hope, though; in the internet age, young people can find out the truth of many things quite swiftly, and if - as i suspect - young people despise being manipulated and brainwashed as much as everyone else, they'll rebel once they learn how they've been fooled.

Alvin Tofler opined:

“The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.”
~Alvin Tofler, author of Future Shock, The Third Wave, and Powershift: Knowledge, Wealth and Violence at the Edge of the 21st Century

i happen to agree with this analysis.  For me, this is where humility comes into play, and honoring the Truth, no matter where it leads.
In my case, for example, once i discovered youtube, i found out i'd been playing MANY songs (ok, most) WRONG for 30-odd years, so i re-learned 'em.
Bill Kamps Added Oct 12, 2018 - 12:25pm
Ken, I agree we like limited government in Texas.  The legislative model is a good one.

When I say the governors dont "do anything", it is not a literal statement.  However, their political powers are very limited compared to other states.  A good thing in my opinion.  This was said in response to your comment about Ann Richards, which while I didnt agree with her politics, she did little harm because of the limited powers of her office.

While I dont have a problem with Abbott, I am hard pressed to think of things he has done, other than to support our local county judges during the hurricane Harvey disaster.

Rick W. Added Oct 12, 2018 - 1:50pm
Ken>So the Blue Wave only happens if young people vote? And why would that be?  Because they have all been indoctrinated into the socialism crap and don't understand the principles of capitalism

I think that's too simple an answer.

A young person today can understand what capitalism is supposed to be, and still see today's version as a rigged game, with endless debt, flat wages, and 21st century "job growth" that's mostly crappy jobs. Capitalism isn't a god with no flaws, and wanting the government to restore balance to a free-market system that's abandoned half the country doesn't make you a socialist.

BUT... in 2018, it kinda does, from a tribal perspective. There's no room for moderate voices. So, given those two stark choices, yeah... a lot of people are going to choose socialism. But not because they're dumb or indoctrinated. Because they feel abandoned. (Same reason a lot of folks voted for Trump.)

Leroy Added Oct 12, 2018 - 2:20pm
Ken Added Oct 12, 2018 - 2:50pm

Actually, it goes back to Woodrow Wilson and the "father of modern education" John Dewey.  They decimated the education system.  If you look at grade school primers from the 19th century, few scholars today could answer questions that 8 and 9 year olds were answering 150 years ago.

Virtue, Civics, Ethics, Morals are all completely erased from education today.  All of this was intentional to pull Americans away from their values.  As long as we hold on to our values, they cannot separate the "American Experiment" from the people to infect them with the collective and fabian socialism/progressivism
Ken Added Oct 12, 2018 - 2:55pm
I am hard pressed to think of things he has done,

Pushing Texas to join the convention of states was huge.  When everyone else was losing jobs under Obama, he made Texas the leader in job creation in the nation.  Didn't he drive tax cuts to assist in job creation?  He has had his solicitor general fight Obama in the Supreme court on multiple occasions, focused on border security to the extent he was able, among other things?
Ken Added Oct 12, 2018 - 3:03pm
Rick - the point isn't that "the can", the point is that they aren't even taught.  They are being taught that capitalism is evil and socialism is good - and they can't even define specifically what either are.

They are no longer being taught how to think but rather what to think.

Expecting government to do anything right or "correct imbalance" is foolish at best.  Capitalism isn't God, no, and it isn't perfect, but it is the best system created to date.  It has led to unmatched world prosperity, literacy, health,  freedom, food, and on and on.

Capitalism without morality is bad, yes.  That is why those that quote Adam Smith's "Wealth of Nations" seldom have read his previous book "Moral Sentiments".  You need both.

Close to 40% of Milennials believe socialism is good - that doesn't happen by accident.
FacePalm Added Oct 12, 2018 - 3:55pm
Ken-
You're right, of course, but most of the things that are bad in today's forms of schooling(as OPPOSED to education) date back even further than Dewey, to the times of the "robber barons." Apparently, they combined the caste system of India with a form of Prussian schooling to form the kind of schooling which ... well, let me cite someone eminently more qualified than myself on this issue:

“The decisive dynamics which make forced schooling poisonous to healthy human development aren’t hard to spot. Work in classrooms isn’t significant work; it fails to satisfy real needs pressing on the individual; it doesn’t answer real questions experience raises in the young mind; it doesn’t contribute to solving any problem encountered in actual life. The net effect of making all schoolwork external to individual longings, experiences, questions, and problems is to render the victim listless. This phenomenon has been well-understood at least since the time of the British enclosure movement which forced small farmers off their land into factory work. Growth and mastery come only to those who vigorously self-direct. Initiating, creating, doing, reflecting, freely associating, enjoying privacy—these are precisely what the structures of schooling are set up to prevent, on one pretext or another.
As I watched it happen, it took about three years to break most kids, three years confined to environments of emotional neediness with nothing real to do. In such environments, songs, smiles, bright colors, cooperative games, and other tension-breakers do the work better than angry words and punishment.

Years ago it struck me as more than a little odd that the Prussian government was the patron of Heinrich Pestalozzi, inventor of multicultural fun-and-games psychological elementary schooling, and of Friedrich Froebel, inventor of kindergarten. It struck me as odd that J.P. Morgan’s partner, Peabody, was instrumental in bringing Prussian schooling to the prostrate South after the Civil War. But after a while I began to see that behind the philanthropy lurked a rational economic purpose.”

Ever read "The Underground History of American Education," by John Taylor Gatto?  Ponderous tome, but VERY well written and researched, with copious footnotes.  He authored the excerpt cited above.  The very year he won NT State's "Teacher of the Year" award was the same year he quit, disgusted with and appalled at what was being done to children...then he wrote his book.
TexasLynn Added Oct 12, 2018 - 5:23pm
>> In the latest Beto news...

Beto is a leftist nut... we're not talking a little to the left, we're talking tie died socialist.  We're talking Opher Goodwin crazy.

>> Texas governors dont do anything

We do have a week governor... but not powerless.  It's a holdover from Reconstruction, Governors were appointed by the North... so the states gave then less power.

I do like the model of the congress meeting every other year.  The Feds would just call "special sessions" though.

It brings to mind all my favorite Will Rogers “Congress” quotes.

"The only difference between death and taxes is that death doesn’t get worse every time Congress meets." ― Will Rogers

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer."  ― Will Rogers

"It's a good thing the American people aren't getting all the government they're paying for." ― Will Rogers

Ken >> As people are finally becoming engaged, as expected, Cruz is Cruising, he is winning easily in poll that just came out 54-45

Yeah... but Cruz should be winning 60-40.  The point of this post is that polls have (and some still do) put this race as a dead heat or Cruz by one or two and even Beto by one or two.  One needs to take note of the polls that are skewed and the media that puts stock in them... so as to easily identify those you should never trust again.

It's good to see the Dallas Morning News (via Rick W) quoting the more accurate polls at 9%.  I will note I've seen DMN articles fawning over Beto along with the Houston Chronicle.  The Austin American Statesman?  Has Beto centerfolds.

Ken >> Pushing Texas to join the convention of states was huge.  (on Greg Abbott accomploshments)

Amen brother. :)  The list is impressive.

I have a picture of me and Abbott when he as Attorney General (I think)... back in my Young Republican days.  It was the same year I met GW Bush at a YR function (as Texas Governor).  I will give both men credit for one thing... they bent over backwards (and spent a lot of time) to meet and talk with the young'uns.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

FP, on the 14th, if you write a post, I'll obviously read it and comment.  I am deterined to be more informed.  The history angle intrigues me a bit.

FP >> We'll both see "proof of concept" in less than 4 weeks, now...and you're right, it will be VERY good for Americans and America.

Man am I skeptical... hope I'm wrong.

FP >> Ok, i'm quibbling. (Twain Quote)

Yes, you are. :)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Ken >> So the Blue Wave only happens if young people vote? (from Rick W note)

I think Rick's right.  Much of the Blue wave depends on the young college age kids voting.  That bodes ill for the blue wave.  They're fickle and always have been... which means our generation was once fickle.

I've stated here (on WB) before that I have NO interest in the percentage of people who show up to the polls.  I've never been in favor of public money going to try and increase voter turnout (that's the Parties' job).

My reasoning is that if you're not motivated by civic duty or a desire for your ideas to win... I'd just as soon you leave the voting to the grownups.  If that 20/40/60%... whatever... so be it.

I've definitely seen a lot of the younger folk embrace socialism... which is an indictment of our education system... and the lefts control over it.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

IS >> I was surprised to learn today that Beano and Cruz are the same age.  Well, almost.  Cruz is one year older.  One negative for Cruz is that he looks like a used car salesman.

Beano does have the Robert Kennedy boyish look about him.  But it all get's back to ideas and competence which Beano lacks in spades.  You can look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame as far as I'm concerned if you have the intellect and ideas of Reagan. :)
Ken Added Oct 12, 2018 - 8:26pm

I wasn't saying he was wrong, I was rhetorically pointing out the reason why it depends on the youth - because they are being indoctrinated horribly
TexasLynn Added Oct 12, 2018 - 9:06pm
Ken >> I wasn't saying he was wrong,..

Nor was I saying you were... you're both right. :)
Jeff Michka Added Oct 18, 2018 - 6:31pm
I can't find the thread where you, TraitorLynn (and yeah, used it again, because you aren't a "patriot," just a traitor wanting the break up of the US, making you at very best a neoconfederate.  But to point, can also claim any reply at me has been your "blah, blah, blah" crap.  Now you and your new like mind, Geeho R want to label me as "what's wrong with WB.'  So, I offer you both:  Why don't you online wizards write an article declaring me as "what's wrong with AW," and pitching Autumn that if she bans me, money and people will flow into WB, and all you'd have to do is direct the action.  You can't lose, and may get rid of me before I just leave on my own in a few months.  I won't have time or desire to read read TraitorLynn's latest ego inflation, while living overseas, and won't give a tinker's dam about Geeho, heading down a highway in Italy behinf the wheel of a new Alpha.  And all you both will have to do is write, because you'll feel "free" to contribute, Geeho can write nostalgia tome after nostalgia tome, along with your neofascist, traitorous crapola, TraitorLynn.  You can even organize a civil war beyond bumperstickers if I'm not here. I know you can craft one that will make everyone DEMAND I be banned.  And Autumn will finally do as you've told her to do, Trait.  You can dry Geeho's tears as he will never be an elite or member of "The Deep State."  Round up your rightist buddies to help, Traitor.  You'll all benefit getting rid of me, so do your best.  I can read it now, "blah, blah, blah, I'm a patriot, but hate America."  Whadda total egomaniacal jerk, not hero patriot, TraitorLynn.
John Minehan Added Oct 18, 2018 - 6:52pm
An Army buddy of mine used to work with O'Rourke's father, who was a gov't official in El Paso.  He spoke highly of him, although he does not know the son.  It's a small world at times.

Spanish helps if you are in El Paso, based on the times I've passed through there over the years.
TexasLynn Added Oct 18, 2018 - 9:38pm
Jeff?  I'll admit I can't figure you out. There aren't two coherent sentences in that whole tirade.  Granted, for you, three would be a record.

But I'm curious... what's your problem, Jeff?

Drugs? Do you need to take them?  Do you need to get off them?

Alcohol?  Are there any brain cells left?  Are you currently on the sauce or was the damage done a long time ago?

Retarded?  Does anybody out there know if Jeff is functionally retarded?

Stroke?  Should I feel bad after handing you your ass on a platter on a regular basis?

Is English your native language?  There are so many explanations...

>> You ... may get rid of me before I just leave on my own in a few months.  I won't have time or desire to read read TraitorLynn's latest ego inflation, while living overseas...

IF (and that's a big if) I understand this comment correctly...  On behalf of WB and the entire nation, good riddance.  Don't let the Atlantic wet you ass on the way over.

And please... don't come back.
TexasLynn Added Oct 18, 2018 - 9:43pm
JM >> He spoke highly of him (Robert/Beto O'Rourke's father), although he does not know the son.

He raised a socialist.  That's failure as a father if I ever saw it. :)  But I've seen good parents produce horrible kids... It happens.

JM >> Coming from El Paso, it is no wonder Beto speaks Spanish and has the nickname of "Beto."

Speaking a second language is an admirable skill, and comes in very handy.  Good for Beto and Cruz in that regard.

As for El Paso, I've been to most Texas cities, but that is one I've missed.  I'm sure it's very nice... it is in Texas after all. :)
TexasLynn Added Oct 18, 2018 - 9:46pm
Beto was recently asked by a leftist reporter if he will share any of the millions he's raised to help other Democrats?  Beto was quick and blunt... NO!

This was always about the money.  He'll spend just enough on this race so as not to raise the ire of his benefactors... then have the political nest egg to run for other office later.

We have not heard the last of Beto after November.  This floater won't flush out of the system for a long, long time.