Dr. Ford, just as dispicable as she claimes Kavanough is

Lets face it Kavanough's accuser, Dr. Ford is hardly an innocent victim who by no fault of her own was horribly abused.  By her own admission she behaved stupidly and should have expected someone to grope her, given where she went and what she did.

She started off by doing something her parents never would have let her do, and most likely lied to them about where she was going and what she was doing.  She went to an unsupervised drinking party where she knew there would be drunk boys, and personally broke the law by drinking alcohol when she was only 15.  She can't even remember how she got there or back, and lucky she didn't get raped.

Now she has a lot in common with most other adults who did stupid things when they were kids, but are now mature adults with much better judgement.   Strangely she wants us to destroy Kavanough's career because she says he did stupid things as a minor, but somehow expects us to overlook the things she did that were equally stupid and irresponsible!

Comments

Thomas Sutrina Added Oct 9, 2018 - 1:32pm
Riley hit the nail on the head.  Kavanaugh was just as stupid as Ford.  Talk to a youth director of a church and he said that he teaches those adult leading activities to always put forth the question "and what comes next?"   As he pointed out they are fully capable of determining what comes next. but to automatically do it is what separated a youth from and adult.   None of us have excepted for passing through having a youth brain.   We all have acted without determining the expected results and then deciding if we should proceed.

As I said in another article that doesn't remove the responsibility of a youth not to break the law or moral codes.  In the act they do know what is going to happen a minute into the future.   So the law treats a youth as an adult when the immediate results of continuing an action is a crime.   They do not treat a youth as an adult if the crime is more into the future after the action has occurred or the result is not obvious.
Dino Manalis Added Oct 9, 2018 - 1:38pm
 This should have been investigated a long time ago locally, Kavanaugh was investigated seven times by the F.B.I., that's enough!  The political soap opera is over!  Males and females have to be personally responsible with sex, even as teenagers, you don't want others to take advantage of you, that's why no drugs or alcohol!
George N Romey Added Oct 9, 2018 - 1:43pm
Assuming there is truth to her story she was no innocent bystander. She put herself in a bad situation which could have turned out far worse.

After 35 years memories fade and people move on and do not want to be part of something like this. She should have known the circus she was creating. Life isn’t always fair and it’s best to move on.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:13pm
Thomas, even though I think Ford did attend drinking parties were groping often occurred, I don't believe she really remembers being groped by him.

Even if he had at this point it doesn't matter, he's not a kid anymore, and neither is she.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:15pm
Dino, it couldn't be investigated until the allegation was made, Kavanough says he wasn't even there.  How can the FBI or anyone else investigate a crime that no one tells them about?
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:18pm
George, there are 350 million people in the US, and whenever there is a spectacular murder the police get flooded with confessions by people who didn't do it.  We can't allow something that is so easy to make up and so impossible to disprove, to disrupt political appointments or there will always be someone out there willing to lie to get their way.
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:26pm
Wow!  Riley, we finally disagree on something.

We may agree she was stupid; as was I and just about every other teenager to ever exist.  But I can't agree she is even remotely culpable for an assault (even groping) from whoever may have taken advantage of the situation.

If I take Dr. Fords testimony to be the whole truth (which I don't, I think it's political); any young lady in her position (as described) should have the reasonable expectation not to be assaulted.  I'll go to an extreme and say, if she showed up at the party naked (even more stupid), she should have the same expectation.

It's like blaming the woman if she dresses the wrong way (maybe not wearing a burka for example), or that guy should have known not to be walking down that street at that time of night, or why did she set her purse down where she couldn't keep an eye on it.  Stupid does not in any way equate to culpable in these situations. IMO.
George N Romey Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:31pm
I think she has some responsibility albeit it would appear she wasn’t getting much adult guidance from parents.  Walk down a dark street in a bad neighborhood you should understand the risk you are putting yourself in even as a 15 year old. If you hadn’t walked down the street you wouldn’t have got jumped.
Eric Reports Added Oct 9, 2018 - 2:32pm
Dr. Ford is an expert on self hypnosis.  The fact is none of it happened.  She hypnotized herself into believing it would happen to ruin Kavanaugh's nomination.  She is a pawn of the deep state.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:04pm
Texas, there is a huge difference between deserving to be abused and acknowledging the fact that risky behavior is foolish and not advisable.

No victim deserves to be abused but most adults very wisely advise their dependent children, and anyone else who asks, to avoid very risky behaviors so that they can greatly reduce their chances of ever being abused.  We very wisely don't depend on what's right, we recommend what's safe.

I'm not saying Ford is a slut, or implying she should be slandered for doing stupid things as a kid, I'm just pointing out the fact that when it comes to doing stupid things as a kid, she's just as guilty as she claims Kavanough is.

Robbery is always wrong, but I bet you try not to leave valuables out in plane sight in your car when it's parked.  If you did and got robbed I'd not say you deserved to be robbed, but I would say you were acting foolishly when you left your valuables in plain sight.  I go lots of very expensive camera equipment and always do what I can to keep it out of sight when I'm in public.

I know it's wrong and not even legal for someone to rob me, but if I carried my equipment in public I would not be surprised if someone took it from me and I would consider myself to be partially responsible for my own loss.

In that way I do consider what Ford was doing to be about as irresponsible as the behavior she alleges Kavanough did.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:09pm
Eric,  I keep hearing about Ford's expertise in hypnosis and lie detector tests, but can't see any unbiased verification to back up those rumors.

Can you please provide some links that are not obviously biased.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:23pm
George, I give local girls who don't have cars, lessons on how to dress, walk and behave to reduce the risk when they are walking or using public transportation, especially after dark.

Dress - extremely modestly, darker colors and definitely not form fitting.  Putting their hair up and under a scarf also helps a lot.

Walk - quickly and deliberately without pausing to wherever they are going.  Always try to stay out in the open where it's hard for someone to corner you out of view from the general public.  If parts of the sidewalk are obscured or too dark, walk in the street so any passing car can see what is happening to you.

Behave in a way that is uninviting.  Don't look other people in the eye as you walk, don't talk to them, if they ask for the time, money or a light, just keep walking quickly.  If someone follows you head for people.  If someone tries to stop or touch you, make a lot of noise.

No girl deserves to be accosted and women who dress, act and behave like prostitutes on the prowl, and get raped don't get what they deserve, but they sure don't get my sympathy to the degree that they would if they did more to ensure their own safety.

Ford didn't get to that party, go oh no and leave, she had a drink and took her chances.  Yes, she behaved foolishly, but so so most people that age...  including Kavanough, so BIG DEAL.
George N Romey Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:28pm
In the end I have to wonder where the hell were her parents?  She's 15, getting drunk, going to parties with older boys (which I assume went well into the night).  Her parents were doing what?

Me thinks she was a rich spoiled girl ready to show Daddy a thing or two about her "independence."  Daddy was probably too busy making money and Mommy to busy on the social circuit to really give a crap where their daughter might be a midnight.
Eric Reports Added Oct 9, 2018 - 3:52pm
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 4:22pm
Nobody is going to sell me on the idea that this bitch is innocent. She wasn't used or duped. She knew exactly what she was doing and she needs to be charged with perjury. Any prosecutor who could not close that case with a conviction needs to be flogged
Leroy Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:07pm
All well-stated, Riley.  I agree with Lynn as well, and your response was perfect.

I remember the outrage of a friend of a girl who was date-raped.  The guy who date-raped his friend was the star football player and a first class jerk.  I was sorry for what happened to the girl, but I had little sympathy.  See, she was warned not to go out with him.  She was warned what he would do.  Still, she thought she could handle the situation.  Going out with the star football player was too much temptation.  Karma was not so kind to him.  He met an early, tragic death.

Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:10pm
I love victim shaming.

So, she did something stupid (like most teenagers) and because of this she deserved to be groped?  I guess the moral of the story is we need to lock up our girls and women.  Obviously when something bad happens to them it is their fault.  The solution is to never let them out so they can tempt poor teenage boys.

FFS....
Leroy Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:10pm
There are certain neighbors around here where you don't want to be caught being white, especially at night.  It's not right.  I have my rights.  I avoid those places just the same.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:12pm
Good for you.  But if you were the victim of a crime I sure as shit wouldn’t blame you.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:22pm
JK - what proof is there that she was the victim of a crime? NONE
Burden of proof is on the accuser
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:40pm
Jeffrey, I don't know you and don't know where you live but where a lot of us live there is right and reality.

Ford did stupid things as a kid, just like most of us, and if you can't see how that makes her guilty of being a stupid kid in the same way Kavonough would have been a stupid kid if he actually did group her, I can't help you.

Her actions don't justify his, they just prove most kids do stupid thing when they are young and suggests she might be more than a little hypocritical to want Kavanough's childish behavior to be held against him more than her behavior be held against her now that she's an adult.

My forum never suggests it's ok for men or boys to group women, it suggests that her behavior as a minor was just as bad as what she alleges he did.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:47pm
@Burghal Hidage

Sure.  This isn’t a trial.   But this idea that if he did to her what she accused him of but somehow she deserves blame for it is ridiculous.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 9, 2018 - 6:03pm
@Riley:
”Jeffrey, I don't know you”

No, you don’t.

“and don't know where you live but where a lot of us live there is right and reality.”

Actually Riley there is what is right and the reality of what happens to you when you do wrong.

“In most places only fools and kids who havn't matured take easily avoidable chances like Ford did.”

Yeah, I know.  She needed to realize that going out entailed the reality that she might get groped by some dumbass.  Because of this Kavanaugh was simply doing what came naturally.  Ford needs to realize this and get over it.  After all, girls and women need to realize this is part of their reality and when it happens it was their fault for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

SARCASM ALERT

“So let me ask you, do you lock up your bike when you go into stores, or do you just count on the fact that it's wrong for people to steel it?”

People aren’t bikes, Riley.  Did Ford make a mistake?  Sure.  I’m sure that if her parents caught her she deserved whatever punishment they saw fit to levy.  But what she did didn’t warrant being groped against her will.

If there was consent involved then I wouldn’t care.

“If your kids had their bike stolen and you got them another one would you give them a lock and demand they use it or would you just give them another bike and not be mad if they didn't lock it up and it too got stolen just like the first one?”

Christ.....
No, Riley, it’s not the same damn thing.  Losing a bike and having the trauma of sexual assault aren’t even in the same ballpark.  If my kid loses their bike, phone, whatever, that’s something that can be replaced.  If it happens again then I simply wouldn’t replace it and tell them they can buy a replacement.  But if someone hurts my kid then that trauma lasts forever.

“Ford did stupid things as a kid,”

That apparently warrants what happened to her.

“just like most of us, and if you can't see how that makes her guilty of being a stupid kid in the same way Kavonough would have been a stupid kid if he actually did group her, I can't help you.”

Good.  If you can’t see the difference between doing something stupid and sexual assault then I can’t help you.

Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 6:55pm
Eric, thank you for the link.  You link might be all legitimate but I always suspect sources that seem to have political agendas because they might be biased.

I am certain she has her own political bias, her history shows that, but then again everyone does and that might not have any relationship to her allegations.

I am troubled by her strong affiliation with psychological issues surrounding forgotten or repressed memories.  I remember some very high profile cases were dozens of people were induced into remembering events that never happened by therapists who thought they were recovering real memories.  The Mc Martin school is a classic example, and that school and everyone connected with it had their life destroyed by allegations about things that were later proven to have never taken place.

Ford was in therapy because she had serous relationship issues, and that in itself is a correlation that is deeply troubling and at least for me calls into question her own mental stability.  Her recollections are vague at best and if she can't even remember when, where, how she got there or how she got home, I deeply suspect the rest of what she thinks she remembers is equally vague.
Thomas Sutrina Added Oct 9, 2018 - 7:02pm
Riley it is more likely that Kavanaugh knows that he never violated his moral code during his high school and college years, Rape would be breaking the code for a Catholic, absolutely.  Catholic morals (raised a Catholic) would also include what Ford described.  How a boy would view the exact same actions could be totally different and not be immoral but testing out sex.

Kavanaugh was not in her circle of friend then if this was a one off meeting remembering a face accurately the police know from statistics is unlikely.
Riley Brown Added Oct 9, 2018 - 7:13pm
Jeffrey, yes kids aren't bikes, it's easy to replace a bike that just takes money, but if you let your 15 year old kid go to unsupervised drinking parties where drunk boys abound, things much more serious might happen, like she might get raped.

I'd say risking a rape is worse and far more worth trying to avoid than taking a risk that you bike might get stolen if you don't lock it up.

Are you suggesting responsible parents should be able to trust their kids to do the right thing, or saying groping and rape are such bad things that reasonable people shouldn't have to take precautions to avoid risky situations?

Murder is also real serious and there are places I avoid at night because I know their risky places for me to be after dark.  If I went there and got shot or stabbed I now the first question my family would ask is why the heck I was there in the first place.  If my answer is that I thought it would be fun, you might not lose respect for me, but everyone else I know would.  hat wouldn't diminish the crime commuted against me, but I'd still feel like my mugging was partially my own damn fault for not staying away from a place I knew was dangerous.

If you would not let your 15 year old girl go to an unsupervised drinking party and she went anyway, and got victimized wouldn't you tell her you were disappointed she didn't use better judgement?   Wouldn't you expect that she'd learn her lesson and not do it again?  If you answer is YES, than you would be saying the same thing I'm saying.
Leroy Added Oct 9, 2018 - 7:21pm
"...what proof is there that she was the victim of a crime? NONE
Burden of proof is on the accuser"

Absolutely.  Her story has holes big enough to drive a truck through.  My comments are based on the hypothetical that it did happen.  I argue that it wasn't a big deal in any case.  Whatever may have happened is ten times bigger in her mind than what actually may have happened.  She, 36 years later, may feel that he was trying to rape her, but nothing in her description of what happened suggests rape.  Should a teenage boy ask for written permission before he makes his move?  In today's world, it wouldn't matter; he's guilty as soon as she changes her mind.  Thirty-six years ago, it wasn't necessary.
Cullen Kehoe Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:00pm
This is a very unusual post coming from a woman.

Nowadays we are led to believe that a woman has the right to walk around naked and if a person says anything to her or interferes with her in any way, he is the worst of criminals and should be tortured endlessly.

What should happen is probably somewhere in between that and the author's sentiments.

I agree with the author that the premise of Dr. Ford's testimony was strange. I was 15 years old at a place I wasn't supposed to be, without my parents knowledge, doing illegal stuff, around a bunch of drunk boys I barely knew, and one of them 'attempted to rape me'--the definition of that is fluid as well--and it was 35 years ago. But the state should come riding to my aid and take action based on my bizarre testimony, that not a single person or fact can back up.

She was just assassinating his character and got a national platform to do so and accuse him of the worst of crimes (or attempted crimes).
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:03pm
She wasn't /isn't attractive. One imagines she needed to be less discerning to be part of the in group.
Jeff Michka Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:02pm
Ah, "I know women" Riley is hitting one out of the park for WB rightist with this victim shaming article.  Yeah, it was all a put up job, and Riley seems, in comments, to equate a stolen bike with sexual assault.  Wold the theft of the bike be worse if taken by homeless people, Riley?  So you managed to attract more rightist creds....they love ya', Riley.  Too bad you really don't care about sexual assault or women, but that won't buy you rightist love and kudos.   Seems Ford's character was assassinated, and her deepest personal experienced laid bare.  But that's okay, Ford is a CIA hypnotist and stood momentarily in the way of St. Brett the Divine Rapist off to save Trump and lumps of flesh on the Supremes.  And Capt. Gilbert, not concerned about any issues addressed here at al,l complains Ford isn't attractive enough.  The Capt. needs to tell us how he looks so wonderful, wonderful enough to be raped?  Are you "enraged,' Riley?
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:04pm
why Captain! Are you suggesting that she was a fluffer? I'm shocked!
Lindsay Wheeler Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:08pm
It is funny, how the Left attacks anyone not on the Leftist side as "____shaming"!  She is responsible for her being there. Her parents certainly didn't put her there! I'm with Riley. You're right in bringing this up and HER culpability!  Like it was "all her fault". The Left pushes women into dangerous situations and then screams bloody murder if something happens!  The Left are lunatics.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:35pm
Are you suggesting that she was a fluffer?

I'm suggesting that she desperately needed to be accepted by a group that were she not willing to compromise herself would have little to do with her.

That need still exists today as demonstrated by her conduct during the Kavanagh confirmation process.

She, like most DUHmericans never progress beyond 7th grade.

Her willingness/need to be used is as pitiable as the left's willingness/need to use her is detestable.

Jeff Michka Added Oct 9, 2018 - 9:38pm
Hmmm...not like steely -eyed missileman, Lindsay, the cryptofascist "straight shooter."  You must be enraged, Lindsay. This rage will pave the way for upset white natinalists flood the polls, huh?  You people...
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:22pm
Riley Brown, below is a synopsis of what Ford's testimony was like:

"I  don’t know who’s house it happened at or even what year it happened. I don’t know if I got there before everyone else or after. I don’t know how I got there or how I got home over 8 miles away (at the age of 15). My life time friend doesn’t remember any of this ( and the other 3 people I said were there testified under oath they don’t know anything about this).

I have a fear of flying , but have no problem jet-setting all over the world while on vacation. I’ve been on airplanes more in the past two months than most people in a year, but my fear is completely legit. I don’t know who paid for my hotel and polygraph test( the afternoon of my grandmothers funeral, or maybe it was the next day, who knows). And guess what? I flew there. Oh and that polygraph, it was only two questions, neither of which were about Kavanaugh. But hey, I passed so that’s all that matters. And my PhD in psychology definitely, in no way, helped me with it or my testimony today. My friends on the beach encouraged me to continue contacting the media with my story (because we were running out of time). I can’t name them, so we’ll just call them beach friends. Yet while giving such great advice, none were willing to be character witnesses. Meanwhile, Judge Kavanaugh had hundreds of character witnesses step up in a matter of days.
My lawyers, out of the kindness of their hearts, are helping me for FREE yet I have a “needed” gofundme page that currently is sitting at $473,622. I’m so desperately in need of help there’s even a second gofundme with $209,987. I promise though I’m not getting anything out of my testimony, that money is just going to cover my expenses.
I’m super smart. I have a PhD and I teach graduate students. I know lots of big words, but it should be totally believable that I don’t understand basic questions.
I was the only person in the United States that didn’t know Congress agreed to come to me instead of me going to DC. They really do care about my flying phobia after all."
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:49pm
Captain - I second your zero fucks given :)
David Montaigne Added Oct 9, 2018 - 11:42pm
While I didn't follow the media and political circus nonstop, my impression is that Kavanaugh has outstanding character, Ford is a detestable piece of crap, hundreds of Yale Law students should be expelled for not understanding the core legal concept that we MUST presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty... too many Democrats are elated about ruining BK's life and making it a living hell, the whole thing has made it that much harder for women to come forward with legitimate accusations because of this nonsense, and the only good to come out of it is that the Democrats have shown their true colors and are likely to experience even worse poll results in the November elections as a result of their revolting behavior.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 9, 2018 - 11:52pm
Yup. You didn't even have to follow it that close to figure it out.
Michael B. Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:05am
"And no, I give zero fucks about the internecine machinations of the privileged elite or their offspring."

Thank you Captain Gilbert! To augment and paraphrase that wonderful sentiment somewhat, "And fuck no, I give zero fucks about some snivelly, overprivileged purveyor of perpetual victim-based psycho-babble whining about some other form of yuppie larva who tried to fuck her up her usually receptive and already well-traveled ass."
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:13am
Girl's got junk in the trunk. And thats a sizable trunk
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:28am
Better to have junk in the trunk than to have shit for brains, BH.  You know, like Trump.
opher goodwin Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:39am
Yep - she did some stupid things; she was asking for trouble. Like the girl taking the short-cut through the alleyway in the dark. Sure it was going to be alright but knowing there was a risk. I bet she half wanted it. It was exciting. But she didn't want it really did she?
So when the murdering rapist who has been lurking in hope down that dark alley grabs hold of her, rapes and kills her, it was her own fault. Not him to blame at all.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:50am
you all have such vivid imaginations. its a shame that most of your grey matter is let rent free to Trump. You go on and on about Trump and you fail to see that you are the ones with the problem. i laugh at you.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:54am
D'Opher perhaps you should go back to rubbing your pussy and let the adults have our discussion.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:56am
TBH, I’ve been laughing at Trumplings since day one of this whole cluster.
The Burghal Hidage Added Oct 10, 2018 - 8:12am
Yuk it up....it's about to get a whole lot more entertaining
George N Romey Added Oct 10, 2018 - 8:40am
First,  none of us know the real story, we can only speculate on whatever evidence placed before us.  That being said her story has holes in it.

Second, I (and sure many others) are tired of this the victim never having any fault, particularly when it comes to women issues.  She put herself in a bad situation.  Again, what did she think a bunch of drunken, out of control teenage boys would want to do?

Assuming there is some truth to her story, ultimately since she was just 15 the real blame goes to the parents on both sides.  We have no issue it seems castrating the single mother but how about the rich that have children as a fashion statement.  Then ignore their responsibilities as parents because it interferes with their making money or running on a social circuit.

The difference in this alleged situation is if she had gone to the police the boys would have simply been released to their parents after a high priced lawyer showed up. A bunch of poor boys would have gone to juvenile hall.
Bill Kamps Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:25am
First we dont know whether what she claimed really happened.  As George said lots of holes.  She waited 35 years to tell people, which on its own is strange, and calls into question whether something even happened.  Given both political party's will to win at all costs, we have to at least be a little suspicious of the whole story.

Even if the incident occurred we dont know how serious were the actions.  There are myriad shades of grey between groping and rape, and myriad degrees of seriousness there.  Not that groping is ok, but drunken teenagers groping each other isnt a crime, while rape is.  She didnt say she was raped.  Being threatening is not a crime.  Lots of things happen at high school parties that aren't right, may not be a crime, and dont rise to the level that they should derail someone's career decades later.  Lots of kids get involved in fights at parties in high school, technically assault but almost never reported, should this derail a career decades later?

This is why we have statute of limitation laws.  People's memory fade, witnesses especially have their memory fade because they were not principals in the act.  If the action was serious, it is a normal expectation that someone would tell someone soon, not wait 35 years until the accused is nominated to the Supreme Court.

Many of us were present during illegal behavior during high school and college, how many us could recall the details sufficiently to testify to it now?  Yes the principals may be able to remember clearly, but without witnesses it becomes one person's accusation.   Tough to come down on the side of Dr Ford.

Those siding with Dr Ford have said this doesnt need to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt, because it is not a trial, it is merely a job interview.  However, when was the last time any of us were asked about our behavior at a high school party during a job interview?
Eric Reports Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:23pm
Riley, there were 99 witnesses in the McMartin school Satanism case - a few of the interviews were tainted, the rest were not.  The MSM has distorted this real event into saying it did not happen, when it did.  There was evidence found.  Do your research.
As for Ford and her many conspirators, they were on a mission to block Kavanaugh, because they are trying to block Trump's presidency.
Jeffrey Kelly Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:29pm
No, I’m convinced.  It’s obvious to me now.  Girls and women need to realize that they should never socialize or go out.  It’s their fault that boys and men want to have sex with them and why should males be blamed for this?

Essentially what needs to happen is that the moment they start to sprout breasts they need to lock themselves away in vaults.  Only hussies allow themselves to go out in public and anything bad that happens to them is completely their fault.

People like Lindsay probably see this as divine retribution for daring to have vaginas in the first place.
opher goodwin Added Oct 10, 2018 - 3:32pm
Gosh - more nasty by the second. There's an hysterical zeitgeist at work here. Even the Captain, in all his macho glory, has got confused about the gender of the people he's talking to. What a bunch of rabid macho psychopaths who are quick to condone abuse and quick to jump to condone female abuse - actually glory in it. She was asking for it - what was it?
Yes it is true that there is a possibility she lied for political reasons. Some people seem to be revelling in making misogynistic statements though, don't they? I think it kind of proves the point. There's a big misogynistic problem in society.
Seemingly its OK to grope and it's no crime to threaten and any female who protests should shut the fuck up  whining about some other form of yuppie larva who tried to fuck her up her usually receptive and already well-traveled ass."

Bill Kamps Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:11pm

opher, as usual you dont really read what is written.  I said it was not ok to grope, however, it is common place among drunken teenagers and I dont think someone's career should be derailed if the first complaint comes 35 years after the fact.

Stop jumping to extreme conclusions, I think my statements are far more reasonable and centered than yours.

None of us want to be judged at 55 by what we did at 18.
George N Romey Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:40pm
No Jeffrey teenagers (still legally children) do not have the ability to think rationally or with sense.  The real culprits were her parents given she had no problem going to a drinking party.

Finally what you won't admit is that she had no real proof.  We have a letter she wrote and that's about it.  The Democrats thought it would be enough to get Americans in an uproar and for Trump to be pressured in yanking this guy.

Again, YOUR party handled this horribly.  Stop blaming the Republicans, Trump, Kavanaugh, etc. Feinstein and others that did not do their jobs properly.  They are so blinded with we have to screw Trump mentality.  We will never know what happened since YOUR party didn't want a proper investigation and wanted her letter to serve as clear evidence that something illegal and immoral happened.  That letter should have never been released to the press (which it was without Ford's own approval) and that guaranteed a circus.

Whether you like it or not people, not just women need to take precautions in life.  I lived in NYC for 16 years and despite being a very safe place I always took precautions when I went out, particularly late at night.  In my 16 years not one incident ever happened to me because I used common sense.  Grow up, the world is a dangerous place.  Unfortunately a typical 15 year old doesn't understand that fact which is why they need parental guidance.
Bill Kamps Added Oct 10, 2018 - 4:53pm
Girls and women need to realize that they should never socialize or go out.

Good grief Jeffrey, you know better.  You certainly know that the world is not a perfect place and that people should take precautions.  That doesnt mean if they dont what happens is their fault.   It just means that in the real world people are wise to take precautions.  Being unwise, does not mean complicit.  You know the difference.

Why is it every time reasonable people, suggest that others take reasonable precautions we have extreme responses like we will have to lock up all the women?  Kids do stupid stuff at parties where alcohol is consumed.  The sure way to avoid the stupid stuff, is to avoid the party.  Not as much fun, granted.

I never witnessed a sexual assault at a high school or college party, but I witnessed more than a couple of fights.  These were assaults by any definition though no one was ever charged.  Should these kids have had their careers ruined because a few punches were thrown?  Most would say no.
opher goodwin Added Oct 10, 2018 - 5:44pm
Bill - I agree that things should not be coming to light decades later. That is not right. But the trouble is that there has been a climate that condoned sexual abuse. It was OK to grope. Boys will be boys. If you go to parties with boys you expect what you get. If you are abused it was your own fault.
Women that complain are accused of being naïve, sluts and worse.
No I do not think that people should have their careers ruined on hearsay.
But I do think that before someone is nominated for high office they need to have been thoroughly checked. What I've heard of Kavanaugh, leaving aside the lady's testimony and accusation, leave a great deal to be desired. He was a lousy nomination.
But what is worse is the level of misogyny that can be seen in this thread. People have been quick to come to conclusions for political reasons and feel it's OK to hurl abuse.
It isn't.
Hopefully we are in a new age where women are not so cowed and will be listened to and will not wait decades before coming forward.
Abusers need dealing with and abuse should not be tolerated.
Riley Brown Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:11pm
Eric, perhaps you should get a little more familiar with the McMartin case yourself, it set a few prescient s by relying heavily on testimony that turned out to be false and even worse induced memories provided by the questioning examiners who were looking for evidence.

Lots of the witnesses were parents who suspected their children had been abused, especially after learning abuse was suspected

The most critical evidence were first hand accounts from the children who investigators questioned, and I don't believe any were substantiated.

The trial lasted seven years and cost $15 million, the longest and most expensive criminal case in the history of the United States legal system, and ultimately resulted in no convictions.] The McMartin preschool was closed and the building was dismantled; several of the accused have since died. In 2005, one of the children (as an adult) retracted the allegations of abuse.

Never did anyone do anything to me, and I never saw them doing anything. I said a lot of things that didn't happen. I lied. … Anytime I would give them an answer that they didn't like, they would ask again and encourage me to give them the answer they were looking for. … I felt uncomfortable and a little ashamed that I was being dishonest. But at the same time, being the type of person I was, whatever my parents wanted me to do, I would do.

My point was not about about the pre-school it was about the reliability of revived memories, like those Ford claims her therapist helped her remember when she was trying to figure out why she has problems with relationships.  Revived memories are not nearly as reliable as the ones you have about what you did last week, and they are always very susceptible to suggestion.

Flying Junior Added Oct 11, 2018 - 2:45am
Riley,

Your point-of-view doesn't matter because you are a known misogynist.
Eric Reports Added Oct 11, 2018 - 11:54am
Riley, the evidence recovered were some animal parts and witchcraft paraphernalia.  Where'd that come from?  I spoke to someone involved in the investigation in this case.
Your MSM info can't be trusted.  The fact is, there is a satanic network across the world.  The MSM is part of it.  Why do you think there is so much occultic, satanic entertainment - music, TV, films.
Riley Brown Added Oct 11, 2018 - 5:35pm
Eric, the crimes that were alleged were child molestation coupled with horrendous intimidation tactics that included animal mutilation.

When investigators questioned the victims they got several to "remember" everything from the molestation to the animal mutilations including in cases like the one I mentioned in the previous post, where there was no such behavior ever happened to them.

The mere presence of paraphernalia means little if it's not connected to a real crime.  I own many things that sound bad if someone were to suggest they were connected to crimes, including duct tape, large wire ties, wire, plastic tarps, knives, baseball bats and even guns.  If I were suspected of a murder I'm sure they would all be considered paraphernalia on the police report.

I have several friends who have dabbled in satanic rituals out of curiosity when they were young, and still have some of the toys and symbols they acquired at that time.  Those artifacts are all legal to own and meaningless by themselves, unless they can be directly connected to a real crime.
Jeff Michka Added Oct 11, 2018 - 9:16pm
well, despite fueling his rightist creds, Riley joins ol Eric Retorts.  Ol Eric is all worked up about CIA agents and hypnosis, but can't tell us any more about those things, because he hasn't figured out what they are, but they are so important.  "I know women" Riley wants us to believe he knows what happened to Ford.  As someone else already said, Riley is a misogynist.  Nothing more need be said. So Riley, despite his rightist hatred creds, has no truth to impart here.
Eric Reports Added Oct 12, 2018 - 12:58pm
Ford is an expert on self hypnosis.  She is a CIA recriter in Stanford.
Question:  if 99 people say there was illegal activity and a few interviews were tainted, does that make all 99 liars?
Riley Brown Added Oct 12, 2018 - 4:00pm
Eric, a few tainted interviews are only really important if they are the victims and also the only credible witnesses to the alleged crimes.

Parents, therapists and hordes of expert witnesses who were selected because they are subject matter experts all have one thing in common, they don't really know what happened because they weren't there so they can only infer and speculate.  Their sheer number is not relevant.

If every parent who had a kid in that preschool testified that their child acted like they had been abused, that wouldn't make it true.

Its a little like us speculating about whether or not Ford was really grouped by Kavanough, our opinion has no bearing on whether or not it really happened.  A credible witness would be totally different.

Ford didn't' help her credibility even by her most recent behavior when she claimed she couldn't fly because of a phobia until of course airline records proved she has had no problem flying in the past.  She wasn't a stupid 15 year old when she pulled that stunt she was an adult who wanted to convince us she always tells the truth.
Eric Reports Added Oct 13, 2018 - 1:35pm
Riley, thanks for writing on the subject.   I don't agree because the media covers up a lot of info.  (As they are doing on Ford.)  The FBI investigation has found evidence of a conspiracy by the Dems to frame Kavanaugh with false testimony, witness tampering.  Probably won't hear about that on the msm.
Riley Brown Added Oct 13, 2018 - 1:58pm
Eric, we know she lies when it suites her, like when she lied about her flying phobia, but that doesn't mean her allegation is also a lie, just that she does lie when it suits her purpose.

Her recollection was coaxed out of her by a therapist when she was an adult having mental issues over relationships.  They are not a clear memory that she's never forgotten.  That makes her vague recollection less than ideal testimony, but doesn't mean it's not true

According to her there were not more than 6 people at the party, including her, her girl friend, and a guy who she won't name.  Her friend has said she doesn't remember any such party, and she refuses to name another guy she said was there.  That too doesn't make her claim a lie, but the odds of her two friends not remembering some thing that could help her even identify when and where this happened are pretty slim.
Tamara Wilhite Added Oct 13, 2018 - 10:27pm
But that Clinton's transgressions as an adult 25 years ago aren't fair game for Me Too.
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 13, 2018 - 10:55pm
The Democrats are simply criminals in power.  They claim Republicans rape, lie, steal, etc. and demand their resignations or firing, but when it is a Democrat accused of those things, they defend as hard as they can, claiming that no one was hurt, or, as Bill Clinton stated, "It depends on what the definition of 'is' is."
Jeff Michka Added Oct 14, 2018 - 6:25pm
Ol Riley seems to say he was involved with the McMartin Preschool "Witch hunt."  Maybe it was rightist Riley that identified Chuck Norris as a satanic abuser.  Norris abuses notions of acting, but doubt he abuses children as a part of Satanic rituals.  And you gotta remember, the McMartin nonsense happen during the Great Satanist crisis on the early 90s.  Remember, when satanists were just a hair's width away from taking over America.  Much like "open border" migrants are about to take the country today.
James Travil Added Oct 15, 2018 - 10:53pm
Those were some heady days Jeff, I remember the 90's well! I was all set to become Satanic Overlord of the Northeast, then it just imploded! But that's OK the 1990's weren't nothing compared to what the 2020's are going to bring! (*laughs evil maniacal laugh*)
Dave Volek Added Oct 16, 2018 - 2:05pm
Riley, I think you've really analyzed this issue quite well.

I am amazed at some of the comments here. It seems a young lady can go to a drunken party, strip naked, and prance around. Any sexual advances are not her fault. I just don't get that logic.

Your analogy of "staying away from risky places" to avoid a mugging or murder is quite appropriate for this situation. Young people should be encouraged to stay away from drunken parties as negative life-changing consequences can result. However, you will find no politician making this kind of statement as votes could be lost.

Another analogy is driving much faster than the posted speed limit. Higher speeds mean a greater risk of being in an accident--and more damage if there is an accident. I think there is lots of evidence for that. Yet the primary incentive for heavy feet to keep their speed within reason is to avoid a speeding ticket, not keeping the roads a little safer.

In "The Blank Slate", Dr. Steven Pinker talks about how our hunter-gatherer ancestors developed a risk-averse gene. Those who transgressed the "known ways" were often not able to reproduce. But with modern society, we have developed much safer methods to explore our boundaries. We can take more chances--and still not get hurt or die. But our risk-averse genetics contributes to our inability to properly evaluate the risk. Hence, we do a lot of foolish things.

George N Romey Added Oct 16, 2018 - 3:07pm
I can assure you the number of young girls that get scared and "give in" is much higher than adults want to admit.
Barry aka. Hyperminde Added Oct 19, 2018 - 10:12pm
The "fair thing" to do would be to start with the INITIAL "Ford Counseling" with a "Therapist", and for the FBI to match ALL possible males who could have been at a party where:

* City was the one where "Ford" lived.
* Males were in City for at least one day (over a three to five year period)
* Suspect age would be between 15 and 19 at the time of the suspected event.

From that list ... THE FBI INVESTIGATIONS BEGIN WITH THE WEALTHIEST DEMOCRAT DONORS (or existing Democrat Elected Officials).

Then if ANY wrong-doing was found to occur between 25 to 35 years ago, the information would be "Leaked" to the press ... with innuendo about the likelihood of hundreds of other crimes attributed to the "suspect."

Some might think that would be a Witch-Hunt or "Fishing Expedition", but some things are more important than stopping Drug Cartels and violent criminals who leave mutilated corpses in the street.
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 19, 2018 - 10:17pm
Barry, the one thing that came out of the accusation was that there was no rape.  She never had her clothes ripped off, nor had sexual intercourse.  So, to go after any and all men today over a situation she go herself in through her own stupidity is insane.
Benjamin Goldstein Added Oct 20, 2018 - 4:21pm
Dave V, the strangely sane Canadian is back!

I don't understand how people could spend time on this. She is gofundme-rich now. So ...

Did you guys also have the media claim that Ford gave testimony "under tears"? It was all over in the German media. Tears this tears that. Not a single picture of a tear.
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 20, 2018 - 8:08pm
Benjamin Goldstein, good observation on the tears comment.
Jeff Michka Added Oct 20, 2018 - 9:02pm
That settles it, then.  Scumshine has said she wasn't raped.  Now those lumps of flesh will be saved, and they can take away contraception, and with any luck, bring back sterilization of lower income people because poverty makes them "baaad parent."  An Authority with an inside track to "the truth," has told us St. Brett the Divine Rapist didn't rape Ford, so it MUST BE true. Scumshine never ever lies, just ask him.
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 20, 2018 - 10:17pm
Jeff Michka, do you ever look at Ford's testimony?  It's not me who said she wasn't raped, she said it herself:  She was "groped", not raped.  She SAID her clothes never came off.
Leroy Added Oct 21, 2018 - 6:51am
Oh, my!  Spartacus just got hit with sexual assault allegations.  Seems he tried to force a young man to polish his knob.  The young man told friends about it and there may be video evidence to support his claim.  Should we automatically believe the young man?
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 21, 2018 - 7:06am
Leroy - Only if the evidence supports it.  Presumption of innocence is quickly going away to "prove you are innocent."
Leroy Added Oct 21, 2018 - 9:24am
Wait a minute, Sunshine; we are supposed to believe Ford with zero evidence because she is a woman but not the man with some circumstantial evidence?  That's not fair.
Sunshine Kid Added Oct 21, 2018 - 10:17am
No, Leroy, we are not supposed to believe anything based on hearsay.  If no facts are available, then the false accusations should go away, along with the accuser getting a stint in jail for slander and false charges.  The problem with the world today is that people make up things and have no repercussions, other than embarrassment.
George N Romey Added Oct 21, 2018 - 10:36am
Ford never claimed she was rape.  As usual Mika shows how stupid he is.  She never said he ripped her clothes off.  Again Mika shows how stupid he is.  What she said was he grabbed her and when she went to scream he put his hand over his mouth but then relented.  That is not rape by the legal definition.  But based upon the way Mika writes I doubt he has much reading comprehension.
Tamara Wilhite Added Nov 3, 2018 - 7:35pm
The accusers are starting to admit they LIED.
'I was angry, and I sent it out': Woman admits she fabricated a claim about writing an anonymous letter that accused Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault,
congressional investigators say