God vs. Satan

See the source image

LUKE 4, VERSES 1 - 13.

1.  And Jesus being filled with the Holy Ghost returned from Jordon and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,
  2. being forty days tempted by the devil.  And in those days he ate nothing:  and when they were ended, he hungered afterward.
  3. And the devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command this stone that it be made into bread."
  4. And Jesus answered him, saying, "It is written, that man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God."
  5. And the devil, taking him up into a high mountain, showed before him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
  6. And the devil said to him, "All of this power I will give you, and their glory, for it has been given to me; and to whomsoever I will, I will give it.
  7. If you will worship me, all shall be yours."
  8. And Jesus answered, "Get behind me, Satan:  for it is written, you shall worship the Lord your God, and him only shall you serve."
  9. And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, cast yourself down from here:
  10. for it is written, He shall give you angels in his charge, to protect you, to keep you:
  11. and in their hands, they shall carry you up, lest at any time you dash your foot against a stone."
  12. And Jesus answering said to him, "It is said, you shall not tempt the Lord your God."
  13. And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

As in Genesis, the devil tries to cast doubt in the same way he did to Eve.

GENESIS 3, VERSES 1-5.

Image result for serpeant tempts eve

1. Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Verses 5-7.  If any part of the Bible illustrates where Earthly powers reside - this is it.  Jesus is promised all the kingdoms of the world, if he will worship Satan.  How many people throughout time immortal, have reached fame, success and power by, inadvertently or not, selling out to the devil?

Verses 9-11.  Satan attempts to destroy Jesus by telling him to jump off the temple.  How many times have we prayed for a miracle?  It is not up to us.  God already knows our needs.  Miracles happen every day, but not on our command.

Image result for acts 16:31

Comments

opher goodwin Added Oct 9, 2018 - 4:19pm
The battle of two fictions - when will it end? Armageddon2 the movie! Are people really this gullible?
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:21pm
Another biblical post?  Opher is not pleased. :)  Throwing a bit of poo your way to dissuade such posts in the future.  Get ready for more to come.  This cannot stand.
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 5:35pm
Jesus was indeed tempted by Satan and prevailed, unlike the original Adam.  Note that at each temptation Jesus uses the word of God to defend himself.  It is written... it is written... it is written.

Like Christ, when we follow Him, we learn that this world is not our home, we're just pilgrims passing through.  Satan has nothing to offer us here beyond the joy and treasure of our true home.

Miracles were never the means by which to spread belief in God, that is the purpose of the gospel.

"Mercy-drops round us are falling, But for the showers we plead." -- Old Hymnal
Logical Man Added Oct 9, 2018 - 6:24pm
The Pope just blamed the devil for all the evils committed by Catholic Priests.
Would be hilarious, but for all the victims.
The fictitious Jesus was tempted by the mythical Devil?
Two HUGE piles of crap.
How wealthy is the Vatican? If you want to quote the Christian fairy tale, the eye of the needle had better get seriously enlarged if the Pontiff wants to get close to his boss.
Best ask Roberto Calvi.
Hang on a minute, he was bumped off on orders emanating from the Vatican Bank. Sends a strong message.

Marty Koval Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:23pm

One of the most sobering facts about life is that all humans have a supernatural enemy whose aim is to use pain and pleasure to make us blind, stupid, and miserable — forever. The Bible calls him “the devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world . . . the accuser, which we see in Revelation 12:9-10b -The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

The prince of this world, which we see in John 12:31 - Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.
He "deceives and blinds" the unbelievers, which we see in 2 Corinthians 4:4 - The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
He is our “adversary", which we see in 1 Peter 5:8b - Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.
Yet, in the most appalling and unwitting bondage, the whole world willingly to do what is stated in Ephesians 2:2 - In which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.  When Satan is most successful, his subjects march obliviously to destruction, and take as many with them as they can.

Logical Man Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:27pm
Marty, you use words in a way that strips them of meaning.
What exactly do you mean by 'When Satan is most successful, his subjects march obliviously to destruction, and take as many with them as they can.'?

Marty Koval Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:45pm
Logical Man:

Satan subjects are ALL the people who have rejected Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. They are the ones who are living the way of the world because Satan blinds the minds of unbelievers, which we see in 2 Corinthians 4:4 - 4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. So he not only speaks what is false. He hides what is true. He keeps the unbelievers from seeing the treasure of the gospel. Satan lets the unbelievers see facts, even proofs, but not preciousness (greatness).
Logical Man Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:48pm
Try again, your words are still meaningless.
Your statements are circular and based on nothing of value.
Anything on the needle's eye?
TexasLynn Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:52pm
What's the confusion?  Marty is saying that Satan is the prince of lies.  His greatest achievement/lie is in convincing people he doesn't exist.  This success causes his victims to march obliviously to his will and to their destruction.
Logical Man Added Oct 9, 2018 - 8:54pm
And God's greatest achievement is proving he exists!
Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
James Travil Added Oct 9, 2018 - 10:48pm
There is no God or Satan both are just creations of the human mind.
James Travil Added Oct 9, 2018 - 11:13pm
I will say that the bias here is palpable. So let me get this straight, you ask people to choose between two imaginary figures, but then proceed to ONLY provide propaganda from one, that being Biblegod! Much like asking someone to choose between Capitalism and communism, but only providing the works of Karl Marx! Outrageous and ridiculous! For those with an open mind who wish to hear the other side of the story check out the following www.churchofsatan.com
Stone-Eater Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:34am
Yawn. WB has become a fucking church again.
Bill H. Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:43am

SEF - WB is really becoming a circus lately. Autumn should rename it BreiterBeat or InfoBeat.
Just about ready to pull the curtain here.
Dino Manalis Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:55am
 Satan can be blamed for everything, we need religion to bring us closer to God and happiness!  Money and science aren't enough!
Eric Reports Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:16pm
Only 2 thumbs up?  Shame on you, Writerbeat.
Satanists pretend not to believe it Satan, calling it a religion of self:  which is what the devil wants you to do anyway.  Live for self.
Satan doesn't care if you don't believe in him as long as you don't believe in Jesus Christ.
Also, let me ask, if any other "religion" had posted an article, would there be all this push-back?  I don't think so.  There is so much respect for false religions:  Islam, etc.
Science has prove there are other worlds, other dimensions, that we cannot see.  You cannot see air, yet you believe it because it has been proved by science.  Your soul, if you are in touch with what is good, will tell what to believe and what not to believe.  Mankind has taken the wrong road where all that is righteous is mocked and all that is evil is praised.
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:48pm
James T >> I will say that the bias here is palpable. So let me get this straight, you ask people to choose between two imaginary figures, but then proceed to ONLY provide propaganda from one...

James? Aren't you being a bit disingenuous here?  When someone has a message to give do they have a responsibility to present or even provide the opposing view?  Am I to assume (based on the standards you have placed upon Christian apologists) that www.churchofsatan.com offers the New Testament and Christian counterpoints in the interest of visitors having all the information they need so as to choose properly?  Or do you (properly) assume that if they want the opposing information they can find it on their own?

Your passion for you cause seems to be blinding you in this case.  Your cause is well represented, as is mine.  Neither of us is obligated to aid the enemy.
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:49pm
OG >> The battle of two fictions ... Are people really this gullible?

LM >> Try again, your words are still meaningless.

SE >> Yawn. WB has become a fucking church again.

Bill H >> Just about ready to pull the curtain here.

I haven't seen so many collective panties in a wad in some time.  Did it ever occur to you guys to just skip this article altogether?  Why does that not seem to be an option with rabid atheists?

You don't believe in God (or Satan) or anything else spiritual.  OK.  Do your own thing.  Be grateful you can and extend that blessing (oooppps right) to others.

The fact that others do (believe in God), really pisses some of you off.  OK... I'd advise getting over it and stop throwing little tantrums every time someone mentions their faith.

Try going commando for a while; because all this bunching up doesn't seem to be working for you.
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:50pm
ER >> Only 2 thumbs up?  Shame on you, Writerbeat.

Saw this and wondered if I had liked it... I hadn't... my oversight.
Doug Plumb Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:58pm
re "By not eating, Jesus is in the Spirit.  Satan attempts to break his divinity.  He questions Jesus authority by saying "If you are the son of God...""

By not eating, Jesus is in the Spirit <reason>.  Satan attempts to break his divinity.  He questions Jesus authority by saying "If you are the son of God...
Doug Plumb Added Oct 10, 2018 - 1:59pm
Marty re "People who do not believe that Satan is real, have already been deceived by the Prince of the World."

We have a full blown satanist on this forum, James.

Marty Koval Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:00pm
Doug:

This can be seen in the following Bible Scripture:

Matthew 24:11 - and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people.

Matthew 7:15-20 - Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

Stone-Eater Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:57pm
Lynn

Stone-Eater Added Oct 10, 2018 - 6:59pm
Koval

We don't need prophets and priests and other influenzas. We build our own opinions
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:06pm
"Also, let me ask, if any other "religion" had posted an article, would there be all this push-back? I don't think so.  "
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 7:15pm
"The unholy trinity (666) consist of Satan (the anti God), The Beast (anti-Christ) and the False Prophet (anti-Spirit). What we are seeing in this forum are some people who are believing and living the life of the False Prophet."
First of all Satan's number is NINE, not 6 (or 666, which if you were as good a Bible scholar as you pretend to be you would know should be 616, not 666), secondly, there is nothing false about a philosophy and/or religion based on the physical real world as opposed to one based on a make believe spiritual world based on bullshit.
That said, I am the Devil because I do the Devil's work ;)
Dino STFU!
Marty Koval Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:20pm
In the book of Revelation, chapter 13, the number for the beast (Satan) is 666, which is see in verse 18.

Revelation 13:11-18 - 11 Then I saw a second beast, coming out of the earth. It had two horns like a lamb, but it spoke like a dragon. 12 It exercised all the authority of the first beast on its behalf, and made the earth and its inhabitants worship the first beast, whose fatal wound had been healed. 13 And it performed great signs, even causing fire to come down from heaven to the earth in full view of the people. 14 Because of the signs it was given power to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived the inhabitants of the earth. It ordered them to set up an image in honor of the beast who was wounded by the sword and yet lived. 15 The second beast was given power to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship the image to be killed. 16 It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, 17 so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:41pm
Hey farty Marty, it's a misstranslation. I know this will come as a complete shock to you, but the Bible wasn't originally written in English! Unlike some I've studied it's origins and original language versions. Nice job copying stuff from Bible.com though!
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:47pm
Lynn my beef is the fact that the title of this article is "God vs. Satan" so yes I would expect a fair presentation of both sides, not what was written. If it were something along the lines of "God is awesome" then sure. Just like my own article on Satanism ("Satanism for Dummies") was clearly written only for the one viewpoint not a fake take on both sides.

Speaking of which Eric, since we will never settle this "debate" here, because I don't respond seriously to the Bible and you clearly don't respond seriously to reality, let's instead see which of our articles gets the most likes :)
TexasLynn Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:49pm
SE >> Might better to join a Jesus blog that to turn WB into one. There's enough around where you guys can play pope :)))

I take the comment… in the spirit it was given ;)))

I of course have no intention of turning WB into a religious forum no more than I seek to turn it into a right-wing forum.  I write what I know (just like everyone else).

Going commando (if not absolutely naked tonight)… no bunching going on there. :)

James T >> Well you would be wrong (again), as there was plenty of push-back when I published my article on Satanism.

If I remember correctly, I (a Christian) treated that post with much respect.  (Not that I commented extensively).  I think you even acknowledged it, though you may not have known I was a Christian at the time.

I think you’re wrong James.  I think a lot of people are wrong (and right) about a lot of things.  I wish you no ill will for your beliefs.
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 9:57pm
Actually I knew that you were a Christian Lynn. I trolled the site here about three weeks before I decided to join so I could familiarize myself with the site and the people here.

And I don't have a problem with Christians, in general. Just people like Ryan. But I work with Christians and even one of my best friends is a Christian (Catholic). However I don't think that Eric's article got any more push-back from those here than I got from Doug Plumb and A Jones. Not that I complained like some.
Logical Man Added Oct 10, 2018 - 10:45pm
When theists are asked difficult questions they always seem to refer to some book or other written centuries age about individuals with suspect mental health, hundreds of years after the events they claim to document, by people with axes to grind.
Should be pretty reliable?
This, they claim, is something a human being should base all life’s decisions on..
They then threaten ‘hell fire and damnation’ and are OK with the idea of eternal torture.
Hmmm…..
James Travil Added Oct 10, 2018 - 11:32pm
Basically worship me as my slave forever or I'll have you tortured forever. So much for a "loving God"!
Steel Breeze Added Oct 11, 2018 - 8:55am
I'm more into......Alien vs Predator....
Eric Reports Added Oct 11, 2018 - 11:30am
Thanks for the positive comments TexasLynn, Doug Plumb, Marty Koval.
Satan is a defeated enemy. When Jesus cast out the demon, the demon admitted as such.  Why back a loser?
I knew a so-called Wiccan - a witch who said she only practiced white magic, "good spells".  Later, she switched to black magic.  Her demonic power was real and from the devil.
There are spirits in unseen realms.  You may not believe, but they are there.
James Travil, you may win a popularity contest here.  I win in eternity.
Many celebrities are into Satanism (Beyonce, Rhiannan, Lady Gaga) to name some.  They have fame and $, but their soul has been sold for a few years of earthly pleasure.
"What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul?"
TexasLynn Added Oct 11, 2018 - 1:22pm
ER >> Satan is a defeated enemy.

Yes... with the words "It is finished", that victory was won.  Satan knows that and will take as many of us as he can with him.

ER >> When Jesus cast out the demon, the demon admitted as such.  Why back a loser?

Well... when you don't believe in the Winner or the loser... you're free to do your own thing.

I like James Travil.  He's is a "Satanists" in the since that he doesn't believe any god and wants to not believe in an in-your-face sort of way.  No belief in Satan, no spells... just a desire to counter Christianity.  I can respect the passion.

(James can correct me on anything above I got wrong).

ER >> I knew a so-called Wiccan - a witch who said she only practiced white magic, "good spells".  Later, she switched to black magic.  Her demonic power was real and from the devil.

I did too, in my last job in Houston.  She was a nice enough person... thought I don't think she ever went the "black magic" route.  She was also a devout communist.

ER >> There are spirits in unseen realms.  You may not believe, but they are there.

I'm not much of a believer in "magic".  Though I think spirit forces do try (and succeed and fail) in influencing the actions of men.  For those of us who have accepted Christ, one such spirit is of the Holy variety.

ER >> They have fame and $, but their soul has been sold for a few years of earthly pleasure.

The Lord is long-suffering towards all of us.  His desire is that none would turn away from Him.

I will continue to post what I know... every now and then that will include something on my faith.  I'm really not interested in the "Yes He exists, no he doesn't, yes He does, no he doesn't... arguments."  They are circular and pointless.  One side isn't going to change the others mind.  So, I offer my respect for the opposing view and their right to hold it... brush the dust from my feet and move on.
Koshersalaami Added Oct 11, 2018 - 5:45pm
Did the Devil make Geraldine buy that dress?

Doug Plumb Added Oct 11, 2018 - 6:37pm
James, there is nothing new about Satanism, its been around a lot longer than Anton Levay's simple ideas.
Doug Plumb Added Oct 11, 2018 - 6:38pm
Marty, I didn't know there was an unholy Trinity, but as stated it is the exact opposite of the real Trinity.
Logical Man Added Oct 11, 2018 - 7:03pm
Cycling to work today, saw a sign outside a church "Blessed is he who fears the lord"
WTF????
You are supposed to feel blessed when threatened?
Boggles the mind. (assuming you have one)
James Travil Added Oct 11, 2018 - 7:34pm
Lynn has it right about me and the type of Satanist I am. I'll add that I do not believe any of the so called "holy books" are anything other than philosophy and myths written and inspired by MEN, not any external sources despite any claims to the contrary. Therefore reciting from such a book about the so called "defeat" of Satan means nothing to me. It's just bad fiction. I could just as easily read from the book of Satan (from the Satanic Bible) and "prove" Satan's ascendancy over God. But it's all fiction and psychodrama, I just recognize that in my religion's myths while you Eric are too blinded to see the same in yours.

But yes, no spells or the like here. And the only rituals we do are weddings and funerals and the like. The same as one would expect from any church. We just do not exalt God (or Satan) but rather the humans involved. We are a humanist religion afterall.

And yes so far I'm winning, your article currently has 3 likes, three like your imaginary trinity! And mine has 9 likes, nine as in the number of Satan. Spooky....
Marty Koval Added Oct 11, 2018 - 7:36pm
Doug:

The unholy trinity,” is described vividly in the book of Revelation, chapter 12 and 13. Revelation 20:7-10 describes exactly what will happens to Satan, False Prophet and the Anti-Christ after the second coming of Christ.

Revelation 20:7-10 - 7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them. 10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

For all the unbelievers of Christ (which is the vast majority of people that ever lived), will experience the same judgment. When this occurs, the Big Lie that the vast majority of humans bought into will regret forever and ever they did not see the light.
James Travil Added Oct 11, 2018 - 7:51pm
Yeah Doug  even I knew about the unholy trinity! Didn't you ever read Revelations ?!?
Eric Reports Added Oct 12, 2018 - 12:44pm
Logical man, the word fear can be interpreted as respect the Lord.
J Traville, you are correct that Satanism is about self-gratification.  So is cannabilism.
I hope one day you realize we live in a supernatural universe.  God is the creator. The devil, father of all lies, is the destroyer.
Logical Man Added Oct 12, 2018 - 5:34pm
Eric, who made the devil?
Logical Man Added Oct 12, 2018 - 5:34pm
assuming the devil exists, of course.
James Travil Added Oct 12, 2018 - 8:33pm
I always say, show me the proof of the supernatural and I'll reconsider. The closest thing I've ever seen to anything being possiably supernatural is some stuff in the History Channel's Ghost Adventures program, although it all required special instruments to supposedly hear or see anything "supernatural" so it's not exactly convincing, not to me.
James Travil Added Oct 12, 2018 - 8:34pm
Travel Channel, not History Channel. My mistake.
Eric Reports Added Oct 13, 2018 - 1:26pm
L. Man, God causes things to happen for a greater purpose.  (the creation of Lucifer.) Mankind was given freedom of choice and in the Garden of Eden, he chose the devil.
I believe everything has already happened and we are living in this space of time.
Koshersalaami Added Oct 13, 2018 - 3:01pm
Have you ever spoken to a survivor?
James Travil Added Oct 13, 2018 - 10:32pm
"Have you ever spoken to a survivor?"
Who is this directed to? And survivor of what exactly?
Also of note, the name "Lucifer" originally did not appear in the (Hebrew language) Bible. It is a Greek word, the Greek language did not exist when the Old Testament was written. The Catholics changed the name of an earthly king to Lucifer, for what reason I have no idea, but it just goes to show another change in the modern English Bible verses the original languages. Of course it is all just the work of men so really it doesn't matter.
Koshersalaami Added Oct 14, 2018 - 9:23am
Sorry, I think I posted that comment on the wrong thread.

I wouldn’t expect Lucifer to show up in Hebrew. In Judaism, Satan is a devil’s advocate who had an argument with God about Job. As my rabbi put it, the main reason Jews shouldn’t view Christianity as strictly monotheistic is not the Trinity - Kabbalah talks about different manifestations of God, though not these - but Satan, a credible threat to God, which he thinks makes Christianity bitheistic, the God they worship and the god they don’t.

I think people hear things and think they’re in the Bible when they’re not. Another example: Sodomy. The term is not Biblical. It comes from an English clergyman a few centuries ago.
James Travil Added Oct 14, 2018 - 11:43pm
Quite true Kosher. Technically "Satan" is just the Hebrew word for "adversary", it's not a proper name. Thus anything or anyone could be a "Satan". In the New Testament Jesus refers to one of his disciplines as a Satan for obstructing his mission. Of course I don't expect most to know these things, but I went to a Christian (Baptist) high school and studied Christianity and Judaism (Including the Kabbalah) on my own for years before choosing my own path.
Stone-Eater Added Oct 15, 2018 - 8:03am
WTF????
You are supposed to feel blessed when threatened?
Boggles the mind. (assuming you have one)

Not to be taken literally, as the whole ol' fairytale called Bible is :;
Marty Koval Added Oct 15, 2018 - 8:14am
The fear of God is not to be understood as the dread that comes out of fear of punishment, but as the reverential regard and the awe that comes out of recognition and submission to the divine. It is the revelation of God's will to which the believer submits in obedience.
Koshersalaami Added Oct 15, 2018 - 2:15pm
Yes. God-fearing is more like God-awe-inspiring. God would be considered the older definition of awesome. And, actually, the new one at the same time.
Dayenu.
James Travil Added Oct 15, 2018 - 7:40pm
If I wanted a god worthy of being feared I would choose Cthultu or one of the Outer Gods.
Marty Koval Added Oct 15, 2018 - 8:17pm
The Bible contains numerous scripture stating that there is only one true God. This is the only God that is able to save a person from eternal death. Examples are:

2 Samuel 7:22 - 22 “How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Isaiah 44:6 - 6 “This is what the Lord says— Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God

Isaiah 43:10 - 10 “You are my witnesses,” declares the Lord, “and my servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe me and understand that I am he. Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.

John 17:3 - 3 Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.

The Bible contains over 100 scriptures about False Gods, to warn people of this deception and their march to eternal death in the Lake of Burning Sulfur.
Koshersalaami Added Oct 15, 2018 - 9:24pm
That the Bible contains numerous scripture stating that there is only one true God should be obvious. Why should a book based on worshipping God push other gods? That would be pretty nonsensical.

When talking to atheists or adherence to other religions, the Bible is useful for making a case for what Christians or in some cases Jews believe, perhaps for making a case about values and the source within these communities of those values. What it is not good for is providing evidence about the truth about divinity when those who do not believe in divinity have no reason to trust it as a source. From a persuasive standpoint this is nonsensical.

And I tell you that as someone who believes in God.
James Travil Added Oct 15, 2018 - 10:24pm
"What it is not good for is providing evidence about the truth about divinity when those who do not believe in divinity have no reason to trust it as a source. From a persuasive standpoint this is nonsensical. "
Quite right again Kosher. It seems some just can't grasp that however.

Recent Articles by Writers Eric Reports follows.