Liberal excuses as to why some hate is okay

Liberals often lump everyone on the right into one big group of racists, haters, etc is bigotry. I criticize those that comment hate from the right. It reflects on me whether I'm a part of it or not because of bigotry from the left. Bigotry is intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself. I'm not intolerant of those on the left... I'm intolerant of haters no matter which side they are on.

These days, they are plentiful and they all seem to have some excuse as to why their hate is okay. My vote is my voice. I've spent the last few years taking the heat for my decision to leave the Republican party, but it is so freeing. Do I vote for Republicans? Yes...but not just any Republican. My vote is earned and it is being harder to vote for members of either major party these days.

Comments

James Travil Added Nov 5, 2018 - 5:50pm
My beliefs teach that hate is a perfectly normal human emotion, when it is earned. It is earned by being hated for no reason (or "reasons" of bigotry) or being taken advantage of or assaulted or otherwise abused. Responding to any of those issues with hate is perfectly acceptable and normal in my opinion and according to my beliefs. Hating others for no reason or for "reasons" of bigotry (including under so called religious institutions) is never acceptable.
" My vote is earned and it is being harder to vote for members of either major party these days."
As an independent moderate I certainly agree with this.
Cullen Kehoe Added Nov 5, 2018 - 6:10pm
Hatred can be exhausting.

I do think, though, that people peacefully protesting for something I find disgusting are still exercising their rights. And to violently clash with them is wrong.
Lindsay Wheeler Added Nov 5, 2018 - 6:11pm
Mark Boyd---The Moral Teacher Extraordinaire!

Mark Boyd hates haters.
God Hates Evil.
Therefore Mark Boyd hates God.

Mark Boyd hates haters.
The Virtue of Righteousness teaches to "Hate Wicked things".
Mark Boyd hates the Virtue of Righteousness!

Mark, you so silly! Trix is for kids!
Jeff Michka Added Nov 5, 2018 - 6:20pm
Ah, ERW running dog and liar-in-chief, Lindsay drops in with his typical "lack of wisdom."  How many hail Mary's do you perform after confessing your lying, Lindsay?  Does your self declared "purity and virtue" get you off the hook?  If you tell us, I'll become a catholic for a day, obviously beliefs have nothing really to do with it.
TreeParty Added Nov 5, 2018 - 7:23pm
In my anecdotal judgment, the majority of hate being spewn these days comes from the "right" side of the political spectrum. You don't find any white nationalists (racist bigots) supporting liberals. The Ku Klux Klan supports Donald Trump, and he seems to be unwilling to renounce their support. And the tone comes from the top, right?
Trump himself has demonized (directed hatred at) so many groups it is just shameful. The guy lies like he breathes, but when a press agency points out his falsehoods, he declares them "the enemy of the people". The press is the enemy?!?! Moreover, by a series of statements and deeds, he has given encouragement to those who would intimidate or even rough up political adversaries.
The latest impertinence from Trump is his empty threat to terminate "birthright citizenship." Last time I looked, every single citizen of this country is a citizen by virtue of being born here, (except naturalized citizens..) The man is simply consumed by hate, and wants everyone else to validate that. To which I say, B.S.
Sorry - the premise that there is just as much "hate" coming from "both sides" is a false equivalency. If I have time, I will provide statistics to back up that claim. Anyone else have statistics other than subjective "feelings"?
TreeParty Added Nov 5, 2018 - 7:32pm
Too much hate for even Faux News?!?! Wow..
Marty Koval Added Nov 5, 2018 - 7:46pm
Just as a corrosive acid starts bites its own container first, the same way, a heart that holds hatred inside will be affected by itself as a result of an emotion called hate. It is like drinking alcohol, you don't realize what you're doing when hate pushes you to action: it makes you look like a fool, and when you are awake, you remember your folly, and are embarrassed of what you've done.

Hatred makes the straight crooked" is a Hebrew proverb. Even if you think that your judgment is a clear one, it is impossible to clearly and rightly judge when your eyes of understanding are blinded by hate. You don't do the right thing, but act according to the glasses of hate, which you've worn on your eyes, you think as if you have acted in a right manner. It is worse when sometimes, we don't even realize that they are on our eyes.

The Bible has a lot to say about hate with over 100 scriptures on this subject. Here are just three:

1 John 2:11 -11 But anyone who hates a fellow believer is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.

Proverbs 26:24-26  - 24 People may cover their hatred with pleasant words, but they’re deceiving you. 25 They pretend to be kind, but don’t believe them. Their hearts are full of many evils. 26 While their hatred may be concealed by trickery, their wrongdoing will be exposed in public.

Leviticus 19:17-18 - 17 “Do not nurse hatred in your heart for any of your relatives. Confront people directly so you will not be held guilty for their sin. 18 “Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against a fellow Israelite, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord.

To conclude with, I'll say that hate is not an ingredient that you want to mix in any of your deeds. It is poison for yourself, and in the end, it only brings a false glory with death as consequence.

Love your enemies, brothers, and neighbors, and hate pride, arrogance, and evil of any kind. When you see these aspects in your friends, try to make a clear distinction between the person and his acts. Love the person, but stand for what is right, and if you see he does evil, hate that evil but again, not the person itself.
James Travil Added Nov 5, 2018 - 8:35pm
Loving your enemies is twisted, unnatural and deranged. No doubt it's the doctrine of the sick perverted false "god" of the Bible, who in its typical hypocrisy fails to practice what it preaches.
Ken Added Nov 5, 2018 - 11:07pm

I am sure that has NOTHING to do with the fact that the only ones you hang out with are the radical left, right?

The KKK is the militant arm of the democrat party, and in a country of 330 million people their estimated numbers are less than 15,000, so they are really that important, huh?

Also, how many times do we have to post that he has denounce them before you stop lying?  Must be really rough to actually see the truth disputing you - over and over.  And this link is from a left wing publication

he declares them "the enemy of the people". The press is the enemy?!?!

Just curious, show me ONE example of Trump trying to shut down the press?  Is he not allowed to defend himself?  Even if you take what he said COMPLETELY out of context?  HE said SOME people in SOME media are the enemy of the people - and he is 100% accurate, as they are dishonest agenda driven propagandists, like Stelter and others.

Show me any evidence he has shut down the press at all, you know, like Obama did when he used the sedition act more than ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS COMBINED, to prosecute and jail journalists and whistle blowers?  Remember all the comments he made about Fox News?

Of course you don't, because you are a hopeless ideologue who knows nothing (and cares nothing) about actual facts, but hey, if it fits the talking points, push the hate, right?

What is empty about it?  I didn't see you post a single comment disputing my history and evidence, yet you push yet another LIE.

Please do.  As with all the rest, that is a 100% FALSE claim.  The hate is all coming from the left.  Denying that simply denies reality.

James Travil Added Nov 5, 2018 - 11:17pm
" like Obama did when he used the sedition act more than ALL OTHER PRESIDENTS COMBINED, to prosecute and jail journalists and whistle blowers?  "
Hard to argue with that. It's one of things I most dispise about Obama.
Cullen Kehoe Added Nov 6, 2018 - 12:24am
Doesn't Trump say that Fake News is the enemy of the people?

And since he calls CNN Fake News, journalists use the transitive property of equality to say Trump says certain media outlets like CNN are the enemy of the people. But since politics isn't mathematics, he never actually said any media outlet(s) are the enemy of the people. Just Fake News.

So is that charge, leveled the media more Fake News?
Flying Junior Added Nov 6, 2018 - 3:39am
I'm not ashamed of my hatred.  The first guy I really hated was Dick Cheney for starting the wars with his PNAC knucklehead pals.  Those guys were pure fucking evil.

It's weird how I hate Trump just as much or more when he hasn't actually done anything worse than his devastating tax cuts.  I think that it's because he really wants to be hated by liberals.  That's his whole thing to gin up the super-crazies on the right.  Kind of like a Glenn Beck with no manners.  As a person he is just so fucking disgusting.  I hate that fucking demon.
Flying Junior Added Nov 6, 2018 - 3:46am
IMNHO the only constant source of fake news is Breitbart, FOX, Daily Caller, World News Daily and I guess a plethora of questionable news mixed with opinion such as purveyed by Fox and Friends and RW talk radio.

For that fathead Trump to piss and moan about fake news is the actual icing on the cake of the enormous cake of Orwellian doublespeak, indoctrination and propaganda that is the right-wing lies and hatred machine.

Oh yeah.  If I hear one more Trumpie decry how public schools are doing nothing more than indoctrinating children...

I'm getting a little bit worked up.  You %$@#*&% crazies.

Lindsay Wheeler Added Nov 6, 2018 - 11:52am
Ohh, Flying Junior, you really are flying below the clouds and a normal IQ.

You write:  If I hear one more Trumpie decry how public schools are doing nothing more than indoctrinating children...

Well, well before Trump ever came along, in my research, I ran across a startling fact that Socrates in the Protagoras said that Crete and Sparta are the home of Greek philosophy. There is a ton of circumstantial evidence to point that out---but...but...Not a single academic or reference book has that!  They actually go around that!

My book, Part I, The Case of the Barefoot Socrates: Academic Myth-Making and the Jewish Transformation of the West was published in 2014. The case that Sparta is the home of Greek philosophy partially rests on the fact that Sparta was a True Republic. Plato called it that and so did Aristotle!

AND YOU KNOW WHAT Flying Junior----Every academic laughs that off!  Why?  They are all liberals. It is about skewing history to fit their bias for democracy!  Their hatred of their own heritage. What are Colleges and Universities?  In the book, I call them Propaganda Mills!

Who gives the degrees for Public School teachers?  The same Colleges and Universities that hide information. They are propaganda mills.

I ask you Flying Junior---What is the ethics they teach in all the colleges and universities?  Cultural Marxism. What do our colleges and universities teach?  MARXISM. Our Schools from the Public to the University are nothing but Propaganda Mills.

Our Classical Studies departments, our political science departments, and our philosophy departments are all converged with Marxism and European history is severely deformed and mangled. I know. I've been there, seen it. Other people have said it as well.

Classical studies, political science and philosophy are all foundational to Europe---and they are destroyed. So please, you don't know what you are talking about. You don't.

I voted for Trump----and our colleges, universities, and our public school system is Marxist---hence Propaganda Mills!
Dino Manalis Added Nov 7, 2018 - 4:49pm
 Hate is contagious and destructive, stop it!  We're all human beings!
Koshersalaami Added Nov 7, 2018 - 5:37pm
`I’m on the Left and I”ll talk to anyone. I won’t necessarily continue talking to anyone but that’s not over being right wing. Hating is mostly unproductive and stupid until you get to the impossible to talk to phase. As an example, I hate Hamas.

I take no joy in the petty crap that comes out of Democrats. I’m not interested in the combover/small hands crap. If I’m going to get on someone’s case, it will be over ethics and policy or sometimes over an utter failure to think things through, which I guess is another way of saying I’ll give people crap over irresponsibility.
Marty Koval Added Nov 7, 2018 - 6:08pm
More than 2.4 million crimes, whose victims suspect were motivated by hate, were committed across the United States in the five years between 2012 and 2016.

“Groups such as black Americans and the LGBTQ community have historically and consistently been targeted by hate crimes. However, external events and politics can change attitudes towards certain groups. “Whenever controversial things happen, it empowers the haters to go ahead and act out because they believe that people share their bias.”

The top three categories of hate were against the victim’s race, ethnicity and religion.

“No person should have to fear being violently attacked because of who they are, what they believe, of how they worship,”. Hate crimes not only hurt one victim, but they also intimidate and isolate a victim’s whole community and weaken the bonds of our society.”

Hate groups have increasingly used social media to recruit members and target victims, giving rise to a new phenomenon of internet hate. Tech giants like Facebook and Twitter offer billions of people unparalleled access to the rest of the world to spread their hate

It’s deeply disturbing to see hate crimes increase in the USA. Hate strikes at the heart of one’s identity, they strike at our sense of self, our sense of belonging. The end result is loss , a loss of trust, loss of dignity and, in the worst case, loss of life.”

The bottom line is that hate is evil. People who hate will do evil things. if someone DOES evil things, then they themselves are inherently evil. People who do evil things are possessed by Satan.

James Travil Added Nov 9, 2018 - 10:32am
Soooo, Satan must be a God since he is omnipresent, according to Marty.
Marty Koval Added Nov 9, 2018 - 12:48pm
James Travil:

Satan is a fallen angle. He does not even come close to being the one and only Omnipresent, Omnipotent, and Omniscient God.

All other so called gods are false gods.

Koshersalaami Added Nov 9, 2018 - 2:58pm
James,
Interesting that you should say that. My old rabbi thinks that what makes Christianity not monotheistic is not the Trinity, because multiple manifestations of God show up in Kabbalah, but because of the Christian take on Satan as a credible opponent to God, which he says makes Christianity bitheistic.

Doesn’t it give you comfort to know that you agree with my rabbi?
JP Added Nov 12, 2018 - 5:23pm
I don't think anybody on the left hates you personally. Those who you believe do because of your Republican leaning views are probably wrong. People tend to point out in general terms what they believe are the misguided views of their opponents. If you feel that they are including you personally in their rhetoric. Ask yourself do they know me and do they have a point. If not ignore them. If you read their critic and find they have a valid issue. Then evaluate your position on the merits of their argument and if necessary course correct. I for one am not opposed to criticism from others. If I read those criticisms and find them true. I will learn from them, adapt my position, and move forward. You see we are all trying to evolve, learn, and grow into what I hope are a better human being. Ones who are willing to peacefully coexist with their fellow inhabitants on this planet.