Writer Beat Awards for 2018

Writer Beat Awards for 2018
  • 520
  • 124
  • 10

Just about everyone in the world has some kind of award ceremony, so why can't we? As the year draws to an end, I thought about this while reading the responses to my attempted resuscitation of Hustler's "Asshole of the Month". While Asshole of the Year is still a viable category for sure, why stop there?

Although this place continually makes we wonder how and why human beings have gotten as far as they have without destroying themselves and the rest of the world in the process (there's still time for that), I have also read some very intellectually-stimulating and emotionally-rewarding posts here. It's like a Christmas tree in a bad neighborhood; full of bright and dim bulbs, and many somewhere between them.

I both challenge and request that my fellow WBers nominate some categories; I have no doubt they will be as colorful, creative, destructive, and hilarious as the characters and caricatures that nominate them! Waddaya ya' all say?

Comments

I was thinking something along the lines of the Pulitzer Prize, the Golden Raspberry Awards, the Darwin Awards, and something unique to WB. What would the statuette look like? A composite of devices mostly associated with the Spanish Inquisition, and dinosaur-like spiked, thorned, spined, and petaled artifacts and devices that continue to make others' lives much happier than they should be. Some sample categories:

Best Conservative Post
Best Liberal Post
Best Hit Post
Best Utterly Clueless Post
Best Racist post
Best Misogynist post
Best Misandryst Post
Best Religious Vomit Post
Best Liberal Vomit Post
Best "I Haven't Had An Erection Since 1971" Post
Best "Americans Are Stupid" Post

Ya'all get the idea, lol

Ryan Messano Added Nov 26, 2018 - 11:08pm
Sounds like a good idea, but when you consider that there are 22 liberals and RINO's running around on here, there is no vote on any topic that I would trust the results.  Liberals love every one voting, but they hate everyone being informed.
Liberal1 Added Nov 26, 2018 - 11:10pm
The Weasel Dick Award = Most deletions in a 24 hour period
The Thumper Award = Greatest misuse of the term "Christian"
The Cheeto Award = Biggest political lie
The "Lighten up, Francis" Award = The WB writer who most likely is a psychopathic serial killer
@ Ryan - You should take a cue from the 101st Airborne at Bastogne:

"They have us surrounded! The poor bastards!"

This would be probably the most transparent election in history, lol.
@ L1 - Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!! Yes, that's it! Keep it coming! LOOOOL!
Ryan Messano Added Nov 26, 2018 - 11:23pm
Loved that quote, Michael B.

Also, the commander at Bastogne, when asked to surrender, said what I say when faced with requests to surrender by liberals, 'Nuts'!

On any given topic, you know automatically how liberals and RINO's respond, they are so predictable.  Of course, they say that about us Constitutional Conservative Christians too, but they don't recognize the force behind our decisions.  They do when they give their last breath though.
@ Ryan - Yes Ryan, I'm continually impressed by how well-read you are, but I also know how predictable you can be, and are, too, lol. Speaking of which, you are predictably attempting to poison the well, which is NOT cool. Don't worry there dude; you obviously have your share of supporters and allies, so rather than being a stick in the mud, you should chill out and see how this runs.
Ryan Messano Added Nov 27, 2018 - 12:26am
Thank you Michael, however, all my reading matters little.  There are people who read little, who recognize many of the principles I say, because they read one book alone, the Bible.

I am predictable, because I like Churchill's advice:)

'If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again.'
Flying Junior Added Nov 27, 2018 - 1:58am
How about Most Quixotic Social Justice Warrior?

Flying Junior Added Nov 27, 2018 - 3:02am
I know!  How about the Craziest New Guy Who Can Write in Paragraphs?

FacePalm Added Nov 27, 2018 - 5:17am
i was always right partial to the "Fabulous Flying Fickle Finger of Fate Award" (if you're too young, it's a "Laugh-in" gimmick).

But some categories that occurred to me:
"Fewest Posts Ever."(the new guy who had his whole article deleted yesterday comes to mind, Hans something, long beard, article was about the fiat money system).  Of course, giving an award to someone who'll never see it is also a waste of time...

"Most Contemptuous."
"Most Unnecessarily Verbose, Repetitious, Redundant, and Repetitive."
"Most Profane Words Used in Any Article."
"Most Pretentious."
"Most Annoying Because They're Right."
"Most Concise."
"Most Annoying Because They Don't Give a Shit."
"Fewest Epithets and Profanity."
"Most Arrogant."
"Most Haughty."
"Most Unruffleable."
"Worst Misanthrope."

Just suggestions.  Obviously, at some point the categories will need culling.  Take the best and leave the rest.  Great life-motto, too, btw.
FacePalm Added Nov 27, 2018 - 5:23am
Oh, man...
I forgot probably the Best
Suggestion
Ever:

"The Ayatollah Assa-hola Award."  This would be for the King of - maybe Emperor of - Assholery.

Doesn't even need to be a poster here.  Could be living or dead, too.

But the next step might have to be to form a committee, trim the suggestions to say, 15, then have nominations, then voting.

Unless, of course, Massa Michael B wants to run the whole shindig, in which case i wish you Good Luck.
Neil Lock Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:11am
Michael, it's obvious what the WB statuette should look like... a typewriter.

So, a suggestion or two...

Or, as FacePalm has suggested, the Non-Poster prize - but Dino already has his name on that one, with 3,090 comments and no articles at all, at all.

The One-Hit Wonder award - for those who post once, then never come back. Not to be confused with the prize for those who post once, then chicken out and delete their post (or revert it to draft) so the people who've commented on it have wasted their time. (I've lost several hours of hard work to that one...)

Longest Rant of the Year award - I'd probably win that, for my effort on global warming.

The Bold award, for the writer who uses bold face the most often...

The SCREAMING AT YOU Award for the writer who uses capital letters the most...
Neil Lock Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:31am
...and then, of course, there ought to be the Worst Poetry Award. That one seems to be a tight race at the moment, between Stone-Eater, TBH and myself...

And then there's the Most Comments in a Row award, subdivided into two categories. Most Comments in a Row on Own Thread - Opher is the likely winner here. And Most Comments in a Row on Someone Else's Thread Without Being Ticked Off By Autumn.
Liberal1 Added Nov 27, 2018 - 8:36am
Ryan wrote: "Of course, they say that about us Constitutional Conservative Christians too,"

The White Hood Award = People who are pissed that KKK was already taken so they have to use CCC
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 27, 2018 - 9:57am
pretty sure that Dino is a bot and I suspect a couple of others.

I am really going to need to dedicate some further research and thought to this before I have any more to contribute on the subject
Leroy Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:27am
I get a chuckle every time I visualize what some of the award trophies might look like.  Here's one for the Head Up Your Ass award.
George N Romey Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:40am
How about the WB that constantly quotes from the bible but is clueless to what Jesus preached.  Now I know that Mess constantly loves to preach "Jaysus" but obviously wouldn't know the bible (or for that matter Jesus Christ) if it was shoved up ass.  So he wouldn't be eligible for such a prestigious award.
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:43am
You mean the Rev, George? Why he wrote the bible, dontcha know!
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:43am
Leroy: would that be an award designed for Marilyn?
George N Romey Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:47am
Dino would certainly be a very strong contender for the WB that "Responses to every article but never says a thing" award.
Morgoth Added Nov 27, 2018 - 11:20am
“We might have a prize for the best (or worst) avatar - right now, Jeffrey Kelly looks to be in pole position.”

Aaaaaaawwwww, that’s so nice!!!!!!!

I’d take either one, worst or best!!!!

LOL
Morgoth Added Nov 27, 2018 - 11:23am
Unfortunately I’m just not very photogenic.  Sorry about that...

”No It’s Fucked.”

Do you think Autumn will let me have it?

FacePalm Added Nov 27, 2018 - 12:10pm
George N Romey Added Nov 27, 2018 - 2:27pm
I think we need a category of "WB that thinks he/she is far superior to everyone on WB put never seems to leave WB."  Jeff Mika was a shoo in for this award but this new guy Mogg "Turd" is giving him a run for his money.
Leroy Added Nov 27, 2018 - 4:45pm
"Leroy: would that be an award designed for Marilyn?"

She would be the favored candidate, but I can think of one other that could give her a run for her money.
Leroy Added Nov 27, 2018 - 4:50pm
"I am considering changing it.  I found a Bob the Builder one that says “Can we fix it????”

”No It’s Fucked.”

Do you think Autumn will let me have it?"

No.  She's heard, "Can we fix it?" one too many times.
TexasLynn Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:13pm
TBH >> pretty sure that Dino is a bot and I suspect a couple of others.

I'm a bot.
Leroy Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:22pm

We should give a trophy for everytime someone claims that everyone else is not a critical thinker.
Even A Broken Clock Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:37pm
Texas - Dino does sometimes sound like someone has programmed an AI to look at the general topic and come up with a generic statement. But do we on this humble website give ourselves too much consideration to believe that we have earned our very own bot (of whatever nationality) to influence our valued opinion? I think not.

Now, the fact that Dino does not ever do more than one reply per post is highly suggestive that Dino is a bot. So Dino, if you are not a bot, please issue a second reply to this post.
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 27, 2018 - 6:49pm
I get ya Tex......you're a Big Ole Texan :)
Leroy Added Nov 27, 2018 - 7:20pm
"Now, the fact that Dino does not ever do more than one reply per post is highly suggestive that Dino is a bot."

I can assure you that Dino is not a bot.
TexasLynn Added Nov 27, 2018 - 7:50pm
Leroy >> I can assure you that Dino is not a bot.

My comment was in no way meant as a dig at Dino.  In fact (and I mean this) Dino is one of my favorite commenters.  Yes... often his comments are less than verbose or enlightening.

BUT... on more than one occasion I have found his contribution to be profound; genius even!  And more than once that has occurred on my posts!

So Dino... please; comment on my stuff every chance you get.

EABC >> So Dino, if you are not a bot, please issue a second reply to this post.

Dino... you be you.  Don't reply!  They mystery is part of your charm. :)
Morgoth Added Nov 27, 2018 - 8:25pm
I thought Dino was Autumn’s sock puppet.
James Travil Added Nov 27, 2018 - 8:42pm
I read once on one of Dino's replys that he is an overweight diabetic and nearly blind. It would seem it's amazing that he posts anything at all.

Hey Jeffrey, best avatar you eh? How about a contest to guess what your avatar is? I have an idea...
FacePalm Added Nov 27, 2018 - 10:49pm
To me, JK's avatar looks like a close-up of a Guy Fawkes mask - either an evil one or one that has bad lighting on purpose, like telling a scary story around a campfire with a flashlight under your chin.
Morgoth Added Nov 27, 2018 - 11:18pm
That’s a selfie, FacePalm.  That’s rather hurtful....
:P
James Travil Added Nov 28, 2018 - 12:23am
Wrong face-palm! Do a Google image search for "Puppet master blade"...
FacePalm Added Nov 28, 2018 - 1:08am
Ok, so an evil puppet who's only 1' 9" tall.  Sounds about right.
Morgoth Added Nov 28, 2018 - 6:38am
No, it’s a selfie.  Any similarity between me and a certain puppet master is purely coincidental.

All nominations, inputs and suggestions (well, most of them) will be considered, but I alone will be rolling out the final production...you assholes couldn't agree your collective way out of a fucking paper bag, lol.
Morgoth Added Nov 28, 2018 - 8:53am
 Nope, we can’t.
LOL
Also, Dino is not a bot, because if he was, I would have had him talking like a Nazi homosexual misanthropic sex-slave by now, lol.
wsucram15 Added Nov 28, 2018 - 10:18am
I dont see anyone writing out their choices of who is the best
Best Conservative Post
Best Liberal Post
Best Hit Post
Best Utterly Clueless Post
Best Racist post
Best Misogynist post
Best Misandryst Post
Best Religious Vomit Post
Best Liberal Vomit Post
Best "I Haven't Had An Erection Since 1971" Post
Best "Americans Are Stupid" Post

How about just best objective writer? Or you could do liberal writer and conservative writer.
MichaelB..you always get the hit post award.
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 11:45am
Pick one of Tom Sutrina's post....almost any one of them, and there would be your best conservative post, IMHO

Best liberal vomit? Too many....they're all horrid

Best Americans are stupid? Stoney gets the crown on that one

Best religious vomit would be anything from the Rev

Best objective writer would be Neil Lock

Utterly clueless? Again, too many to select from

Here's one.....best researched and presented....my hat is off to Ward Tipton

Best and most thorough interaction in article thread goes to Texas Lynn

Some of these other categories I'd need to further consider and some I simply would not dignify with a response

The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 11:47am
Best in non-political I can't decide. It's Leroy or Broken Clock.
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 11:51am
Most concise and consistent Jeff Jackson. Jeff always impresses me, regardless the topic
Morgoth Added Nov 28, 2018 - 11:52am
“Best "I Haven't Had An Erection Since 1971" Post”

LOL, OK, that’s brilliant.
Stone-Eater Added Nov 28, 2018 - 12:15pm
TBH

Thanks for the honor LOL
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 12:22pm
You've earned it and have the courage not to shirk from it. :)
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 12:57pm
Another contributor who does not get the credit he is due is Doug Plumb.  Doug is the target of abuse from wide quarters and I understand the reason why. He does have an undeniably singular obsession with Jews. I have engaged in extensive dialogue with him on this and I have to say that I still do not get it, yet I can also say that I find his reasoning completely sound in other areas.

Its kind of like someone's advice on writing ( I think it was Faulkner), that it is wise to write a short story every week for a year. The odds of writing complete shit for 52 weeks consecutively are rather long. There are,  of course, some recent editions to this forum who severely challenge this thesis.
Bill Added Nov 28, 2018 - 2:14pm
How about the "Redundant all over again with deja vu" award?
Qasim Raza Added Nov 28, 2018 - 3:11pm
Every positive suggestion for WB is appreciable...
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 5:17pm
Redundant all over again with deja vu

another crowded field!
James Travil Added Nov 28, 2018 - 5:57pm
Best in non-political should go to Mark Hunter, he literally never writes about politics but he usually does good articles.
Bill Added Nov 28, 2018 - 6:17pm

The Burghal Hidage: Redundant all over again with deja vu

"another crowded field!"

Oh, but this year's award will be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 28, 2018 - 6:42pm
If nominated I'd not accept; if elected I'd not serve.

Plenty more deserving candidates.....perhaps Doug or Dinsdale Pirana :)
Spartacus Added Nov 29, 2018 - 1:12am
Well, well.  This comment thread has certainly taken the "half-empty" approach to the award suggestion.
Makes me wonder why there are any participants on this site at all.

In keeping with the tone here, I have always suggested we do the Greek thing . . . vote one person off this site every year.  That would be the "You are blackballed and now go eat shit" award.
Hey, the Greeks were democratic too and it would certainly clean up the bottom half.  Yes, I'm sure I would get some votes . . .
Flying Junior Added Nov 29, 2018 - 1:51am
Hey!  I just thought of one.  How about Most Dickly?

Doug Plumb Added Nov 29, 2018 - 3:49am
I was thinking this is another one of those threads on people of WB where I don't get mentioned. I'm not sure if that is a good thing or a bad one.
I read my own posts and think I am probably one of the worst writers.

BH, When they say that Canadians invaded France on ww2, they don't mean my grandma wore army boots. Its statutory religions that I am against, Islam and Judaism are the same. Judaism has power, Islam doesn't.
Stone-Eater Added Nov 29, 2018 - 4:14am
What has been forgotten is art. What about Ric and his superb stories ? And TBH as well as me do poems. Bill does a lot of scientific stuff. Maybe we should have more categories. I write about Europe and Africa (when I'm not bashing the US since that's my label LOL). Ryboy and his followers are in the religious swamp. And so on...

Leroy Added Nov 29, 2018 - 8:16am
"What has been forgotten is art. What about Ric and his superb stories ? And TBH as well as me do poems. Bill does a lot of scientific stuff. Maybe we should have more categories."

Maybe we should have participation trophies.
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 29, 2018 - 8:31am
Or.... how ‘bout no one gets a prize. Just be thankful you have a place to put your voice. It’s just like real life.... you have to share space with sages and fools alike
Hmmmm....very, very good suggestions from everyone all around. I think a "creme de la creme" and a "scum de la scum" format would be most appropriate. I'm still stuck on what to do about "awards". It has to be something reflective and symbolic of WB; something removed by surgery, or something damaged by a riot comes to mind, lol.
I was thinking also of pictures of the medications that the author is in the most dire need of, and special categories, like a used tampon for the best or worst feminist post, lol.
Morgoth Added Nov 29, 2018 - 10:46am
As a reward will you supply the medication?
;)
@ JK - If only I could...meds, and much, much more, lol. We'll have to settle for photos.
FacePalm Added Nov 29, 2018 - 4:57pm
Michael B-
That could be a completely new article - fun, too - to come up with names for various "medications" to handle life's pests and problems, like "Fukitol," for example.
Liberal1 Added Nov 29, 2018 - 5:12pm
FacePalm, when you place your bulk order for Fukitol for most of the people here at WB, see if they will also toss in a few cases of "Butt-Hurt Balm".  There is an equally great need for it here.

Butt-Hurt Balm
Jeff Michka Added Nov 29, 2018 - 6:29pm
Ah, ol Geeho R had to weigh in with a swipe (but no land) at me.  Yeah, that's it, Geeho.  Of course, I  have a superiority complex, much like your inferiority complex.  Remember, you are too old to have the elite accept you into their ranks, and aren't 'talented enough" to become a part of the Deep State.  You've tried to fool folks here, and a few got fooled, but you're still angry about so called "elites" because you won't ever be one.  Remember, this isn't the "good old 70s" where someone spouting off like you appeared to have a greater value,  What were your ex's last words as she slammed the door behind her when she walked out on a tearful Geeho?  Scream about the evil AWS, Geeho.
Doug Plumb Added Nov 29, 2018 - 8:44pm
It would be funny if we all met in a bar.
Leroy Added Nov 29, 2018 - 9:25pm
"It would be funny if we all met in a bar."

With or without weapons?
Morgoth Added Nov 29, 2018 - 9:32pm
LOL
Maybe if we stayed away from each other until after a few stiff drinks.
"Fukitol". For some reason, I'm reminded of certain "German" words, like the one for virgin ("gudenteit") and vaseline ("wienerschleid").

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; it would be fun to meet most of you assholes and maniacs in person, lol.
I'm now convinced that TBH is actually...Marylin French, or vice-versa.
Liberal1 Added Nov 30, 2018 - 7:51am
Can I nominate Mogg Tsur for the "Biggest Asshole In The Smallest Amount Of Time" award?  I was thinking the award could be a fart in the wind and the inscription could be ".......... .......... ..........".
Stone-Eater Added Nov 30, 2018 - 8:19am
It would be funny if we all met in a bar

Sure would be. And I'm sure as hell that I'd have some good fun. Just to see how their jaw drops when the jokes begin. Example:

A store producing nails had a storefront with a wooden cross and a Jesus on it. A sign below said: Smith's nails hold everything !  A customer complained about that, he meant that hurts religious feelings. Next day that customer passed by the window and saw a wooden cross and a Jesus on the floor. The sign read: With Smith's nails that wouldn't have happened !
@ L1 - Dogg Turd was a candidate in that category from the get-go, lol. I always love it when total, complete, absolute stupid asshole/moron goes around telling a bunch of perfect strangers what stupid asshole/morons they all are.
@ Stone - Yeah...what's the first thing Jesus said after he was crucified? "Wow! I can see my house from here."

Once in old Bethlehem, Jesus came upon a group of women who were preparing to stone another woman to death for adultery. Jesus said to the women, "Those of you who have never sinned, go ahead and cast your stones. For those women who have sinned, please take pity on this poor woman, for you are no different or better than her." One by one, the women thought about it, and the rocks started to fall from their  hands onto the ground, rather than impacting at high velocity on the accused adulteress. Suddenly, an older woman appeared, picked up a clutch of rocks, and started yelling at the top of her lungs, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DON'T JUST STAND THERE!! KILL HER! KILL HER!! WHORE!! WHORE!!", as she proceeded to stone the adulteress. Jesus looked in exasperation and said, "Mom, you know, when you do things like this, you like, really, REALLY embarrass me."
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 30, 2018 - 10:13am
A Capo is on his death bed. The family is gathered and decide it is time to summon the parish priest for last rites. In a weak and croaking voice the patriarch protests “no, no.... I want my lawyer and my accountant. Bring them and have them stand on either side of my bed”
His wife is puzzled by this and asks “Papa....why? Don’t you want the Monsignor?”
The dying man raises his head as much as he is able and replies “No! I want to die between two thieves just like our Lord did!”
Ward Tipton Added Nov 30, 2018 - 10:17am
Forget about a bunch of awards. Just give everyone pointless points. For better? For worse? Don't matter! They are after all, pointless points. Pointless points for poking and prodding. Pointless points for power plays. Just give out pointless points.

All these pointless posts and problems are prevented by merely adding pointless points!
The Burghal Hidage Added Nov 30, 2018 - 10:29am
Hmmm. A rather pointed observation, Ward.
What's the point? This isn't a fucking credit card. What are you, a fucking accountant? No way...everyone will get a depiction of something, lol. I'm looking very forward to this.
Ward Tipton Added Nov 30, 2018 - 11:14am
Depicted? Is that like when facebook bans your post?
I'm wondering how facebook has anything remotely to do with this. I think another candidate has entered the running, lol. I'm about as interested in joining facebook as I am in licking out a homeless woman's pussy.
No fucking foreigners, especially lime-suckers.
Autumn Cote Added Nov 30, 2018 - 12:58pm
Person Who Writes the Least Substantive Comments = Dino Manalis
Person Who Writes the Most Substantive Comments = Bill Kamps
Person With the Biggest Potty Mouth = Michael B.
Ward Tipton Added Nov 30, 2018 - 1:01pm
But if you get de-picted ... doesn't that mean someone bans your picture? Like they do on facebook? You said everyone gets a depiction. I am making my argument for pointless points ... even if it a pointless albeit pointed depiction of actual points.
@ AC - Noted, Autumn, thanks for your contribution! Yes, I also hold Bill K. in high regard, he's one of the few voices of sanity and reason around here, lol.
@ Ward T. - Whatever, dude.
Doug Plumb Added Dec 1, 2018 - 10:02am
re "With or without weapons?  "

Good question. I'll get back to you.
Doug Plumb Added Dec 1, 2018 - 10:03am
Good one BH
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 1, 2018 - 8:32pm

WriterBeat theme song :)
Hmmm...I'm thinking more along the lines of this one:

The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 1, 2018 - 9:14pm
Das gefaellt mir :)

Then there is the prospect of an entire album for the theme. Maybe Yo La Tengo's immortal I am not afraid of you and I will beat your ass
@ TBH - Yeah, I can pick songs for certain people that I think are appropriate for their "identities", such as:

For people who hate CA and San Francisco:

For the feminists:

For the drug-addicted rednecks:

Etc, etc.
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 2, 2018 - 4:30am
The first, I suspect, many would cheer. The second is sure to get you in trouble, the third....drug crazed rednecks are too stoned to care :)
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 2, 2018 - 4:35am
in another thread you or FacePalm....maybe it was both of you were talking about medications, among them Fukitol (I take this one daily)....there is a short film you should watch. Go to the Adult Swim website and open their programs tab. Then look up one called unedited footage of a bear
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 2, 2018 - 4:56am

then there is this classic. Really a common sense thing here. You'll know when and to whom to apply it :) Around here it's sure to be at least twice daily
Stone-Eater Added Dec 2, 2018 - 10:28am
TBH

Cool one. The Asshole Song. A bit like the "Rodeo Song" LOL

Stone-Eater Added Dec 2, 2018 - 10:36am

Did it ever happen to you ? Be honest LOL
The Burghal Hidage Added Dec 2, 2018 - 12:24pm
two songs well known in my catalogue Stone :)  My favorite DK's song is this one: https://youtu.be/GoA_zY6tqQw

Q: What's the most useless thing on a woman? A: A drunk!

Been there for sure, but most of the time I'm the opposite; I get horny as fuck when I've had a few. The ex-wife claimed I raped her several times in my cups, but I don't remember any of it, lol.
Stone-Eater Added Dec 3, 2018 - 3:00am
Oph

My right hand goes up LOL
I think I've received enough "suggestions". For anyone interested, the nominations will be up before the end of the month, and hopefully the Awards will be a New Year's Day gift for all...well, almost all, lol.
I'm surprised nobody nominated Riley Brown, so I will.
TexasLynn Added Dec 4, 2018 - 4:28pm
Michal B >> I'm surprised nobody nominated Riley Brown, so I will.

I second that.  Rile Brown is one of the best, concise, logical writers and commenters on WB.
ChetDude Added Dec 4, 2018 - 10:47pm
I haven't been here that long but it's pretty clear that the poster (Turing Test?) calling itself "Ryan Messano" has already nominated itself and thus made it impossible for anyone else to effectively compete in the following suggested categories:

Most Utterly Clueless Post
Most Racist Post
Most Misogynist post (hands down!)
Most Religious Vomit post (no contest)
Most Hey, SCREW ALL OF YA! post (just above)
Most Homophobic post
Most I'm the only one who's right - the rest of ya' are ignorant lib'ruls post (above)
Most Weasel Dick Award
Most Contemptuous
Most Unnecessarily Verbose, Repetitious, Redundant, and Repetitive
Most Arrogant
Most Likely to be Ignored by Rational Folk Who Would Like to Learn Something Useful

You're welcome to add other categories for that poster if I've left any out...
ChetDude Added Dec 4, 2018 - 10:57pm
Or heck, as someone who's always ready to change one's mind when presented with new reliable evidence, maybe "he's" a very clever PARODY of all of the above...it posts to satirize far-right-wing-nut-bigoted-christianists?
Ward Tipton Added Dec 5, 2018 - 9:51am
drug crazed rednecks are too stoned to care :)

Dr Hook and the Medicine Show ... I got Stoned and I missed it!?

@ Chet - I'm not looking at one's tenure here...almost all suggestions will be considered. Agreed, Ryan is in a class by himself, lol.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 12:17am
This entire conversation is pointless if my pointless points are not considered. I am going to take my pointless arguments elsewhere!

Must be a California thing ... then again ... speaking of pointless.
@ Ward - Once again...whatever, dude.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 3:28am
Take another hit man, it was funny! Even if it is pointless!
@ Ward - Where the fuck are you from, anyway? I want to be able to apply the proper slurs and epithets, lol.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 5:47am
I was shat on a stump and raised by the sun! ;)
@ Ward - For some reason, I'm reminded of the old U-boat trick of dumping oil and releasing debris and dead sailors to make the destroyers think they were sunk, lol. Anyway, I haven't read much of your stuff, but The Burghal Hidage recommends you highly, so that's OK with me, lol.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 6:13am
Frequently, I prefer to actively engage in meaningful social intercourse, ideally related to the topic at hand. However, some comments and even articles are so pointless and blatantly biased without any pretense about opening the door for a reasonable discussion, I feel compelled to do a dino dump and dash ... often using snide and/or repulsively asinine arguments that have actually been presented to me as being "reasonable" (ala my retorts on climate change) ... and it all seems to pointless to a degree, thus the fascination with pointless points ... even if the entire exercise is ... pointless. That was, after all, the whole point of pointless points ... to indicate something being beyond reason and having no real point.

TBH is truly a fascinating character indeed. Certainly one of the authors here I do greatly enjoy reading.
Don't tell anyone, but I'm convinced that Riley Brown is a girl, and for some reason, I'm developing a crush on her, lol. However, that will not affect the award selections; in any case, she doesn't need any assistance from me, as she is among the highest-caliber people at WB.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 7:41am
Well if I was not married to a jealous woman ...
I'd love to give her what I call "The Magic Carpet Treatment".
Ward Tipton Added Dec 8, 2018 - 4:04am
Steppenwolf. Magic Carpet Ride?
Too bad! I was actually looking very forward to this project, but I'm certain that AC will ban it and take it all down. I wouldn't want to put in all that effort in for nothing.