There is no such thing as a Truly Poor American

What many on the Left fail to realize or intentionally deny is that American Capitalism, when Government is mostly absent, has been and IS the driving force alleviating Poverty in America....that all those Capitalists making unimaginable amounts of wealth, in the process raise the standard of living for ALL Americans.

Further, according to Forbes, CATO and many other institutions, about 98.7% of the Top 1%, that One Percent the Left constantly attacks, predominantly IS and votes Democrat, are self-made millionaires and billionaires, and their thirst for even more $$$$$ is a driving force that creates more jobs, more wealth, more tax revenues and less poverty.

Besides, there is no such thing as a Truly Poor American. I laugh at the notion. A ‘poor person’ in America has a higher standard of living than a well-off person in any Third World country.  Thank GOD for hard working, narcissistic, grandiose, self-centered Americans.

Comments

opher goodwin Added Dec 4, 2018 - 12:08pm
Trying telling that to the people living under the flyovers and dying in the streets.
Kristen Foley Added Dec 4, 2018 - 4:00pm

The argument that Democrats put forth is that it doesn’t do the country any good when a few make piles of money.  You’re essentially saying, the country is not harmed, actually benefits, by concentrating wealth to only a few.  I disagree with both you and the Democrats.

The issue is what to do about it.  In other words, in a perfect world, we wish not for wealth to be concentrated.  However, if making it so that it isn’t concentrated requires government involvement, that’s the main ingredient for socialism.  That's why I believe how wealth is concentrated and earned, is of none of the government’s business.

Basically anything but a flat tax rate is the way the government goes about distributing wealth and making wealth less concentrated.  I guess that means to varying degrees all Americans are socialists, because all Americans support a progressive tax system.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Dec 4, 2018 - 10:20pm
Rah rah rah sis boom bah go team go we're number one USA USA USA BLAH Blah blah.
Cullen Kehoe Added Dec 4, 2018 - 11:09pm
Homeless people are poor. San Francisco has armies of them, or so I read in the papers.
George N Romey Added Dec 5, 2018 - 8:30am
It boggles my mind where Autumn finds these people.
Ward Tipton Added Dec 6, 2018 - 1:55am
"I’d like to see the study that shows the top 1% being more likely to vote Democrat."

Google, Facebook, Bill Gates, George Soros, Wall Street, Goldman Sachs, etc etc et al ad infinitum ... but personally, supporting either side of the two party uniparty system is far too common no matter the political commodities ... I mean politicians being bought and sold.