The 5,000 year leap

I recently had the marvelous opportunity to turn off data on my cell phone, and I did it, cutting my cell phone bill to $20 a month, from $70.  It was amazing.  And so,  it gave me the opportunity to return to my first love, which is reading.  I had just ordered a dozen books, and one looked quite promising, and so I eagerly settled down, and opened it up, to discover a new friend.  For you see, Dear Reader, after one reads a good book, one is never the same again.  The book was 'The 5,000 year leap', and I had had it recommended to me by a few people, and even by someone on here, after I bought it, and I disremember their name, please forgive me.  I want to say it was Thomas.

The book told about how the Founders of America took 5,000 years of human history, the Bible, and Christianity, and distilled it into the Constitution.   It was astounding!  I've long spoke on these topics, but to see this book, which included 28 principles the Founders understood were essential to liberty, was illuminating.  The author, Mr. Skousen, was quite an interesting fellow himself.  He was highly praised by Ronald Reagan, was the father of 8 children, over 50 grandchildren, and over 120 great grandchildren.  He wrote over 30 books, selling over 30 million copies, was the Police Chief of Salt Lake City, and worked with J. Edgar Hoover at the FBI for nearly 16 years.  He was asked to write the Constitution of Canada, and a few South American nations asked him to write their Constitution too.  On the downside, he was a Mormon, which is a glorified cult, IMHO.  I purchased another of his books, where he began to detail Joseph Smith's prophecies and how they were coming to pass, and the book found it's way to the bottom of my trash can in quite a hurry, I can tell you that much.

I think it's a shame that every American is not required to read this book in High School.  It's perfectly wretched that the ideas and words of the Founders are a veritable mystery to American school children who are supposed to be being taught history.  And so, the lamestream media and schools succeed in hiding our glorious heritage from the average American, making it easy to enslave them and introduce them to corrupting habits which enslave them as well. For people generally behave in exactly the proportion that they see themselves.  When they see themselves as great and allied with God, they act magnanimously and honorably, quite often.  When they see themselves as an animal, that there is no God, and that the fittest excel, they act dishonorably and their beastly instincts dominate.  We have demonstrations of this on WB all the time.  The left are full of profane, obscene lies, and for the most part, though we have a healthy contingent of pseudo-conservatives, the right avoids these.  Behavior tells a person's beliefs far better than their words, for as Emerson said 'What you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you are saying'.

Skousen warned of the dangers of big government, and he quoted the Founders own words.  He addressed the common liberal myths of the 'Separation of church and state', the myth that 'welfare' in the Declaration of Independence means the government takes care of health care, or welfare, the myth that we ought to have equal outcomes rather than equal opportunities, the myth that the Founders were a bunch of atheists who had no moral standards, among many others.  Unfortunately, our media, popular culture, and schools has been very successful for the last 7 decades, in not only taking God and morals out of their purview, but also putting in corrupt ideas and carnality, so that our society is often not only deprived of knowledge of wisdom and virtue, but directly introduced and encouraged to get into folly and corruption.  This is why we have 70 million Americans on psychotropic drugs, why we pay $700 billion a year for drug, tobacco, and alcohol issues, why we have 39% of our babies born without married fathers in the home, 110 million Americans with an STD, 64% of Americans incapable of naming the 3 branches of government, and why the biggest business in America is student debt, at $1.5 trillion, as Americans desperately turn to secular schools.  This is nothing new as I've frequently cited these on here, though lefties often will reject it, and claim it was just as bad in the past, though it certainly was not.  They are anxious to maintain the 'we are the best people ever in human history' myth.  If that myth crumbles, they actually have to pay attention to reality, which is that human nature never changes, and that the Founders understood human nature far better than we do.

That is all, I hope you read this book, and if all Americans read it and understood it, we'd lose half the Republican party and the entire Democrat party, I'm convinced.  A wise and an informed people will never fall for the nonsense the media and schools fill our minds with daily.  And in the end, dear reader, it's no one's job to inform us, but US.  Duty over desire, may that inspire!

Comments

Johnny Fever Added Jan 3, 2019 - 8:38am
With the help of a data plan, there is a lot one can read on a cell phone.

To be sure, there is a lot to admire about our founders, but there is also a lot they should be ashamed of.  I find it hilarious how you never mention that stuff.  For example, are you aware our founders made it possible for a man to enslave another man?

The problem with public school systems requiring this book to be read is that public school teachers are as liberal as they come.  You can be sure that whatever message you hope high school kids will learn from this book will be butchered.
Thomas Sutrina Added Jan 3, 2019 - 8:26pm

Mogg Tsur, Morals is coded into our genes.  Religions and/or society have put Morals into words over thousands of years that in principle do not change.   The response of humans in history to tyrannical government, those that violate morals, is clear, revolution.

Ryan, I do own and have read 'The 5000 Year Leap', but I can not recall if I said much in WB about it.  Great book.   I have a similar author story.  Pres. Carter's history book on the Revolutionary War in the South was so good that I got another one of his books on tape and went to music before I listened to two hours of books.

I would put together 'The 5000 Year Leap',  'Guns, Germs, and Steel' by Jared Diamond, and Jordan Peterson's video interviews on You Tube.  We are the product of thousand of tests in nature to create our genetic code.  It is no error, God's plan my opinion.  We live in a society with a hierarchy structure and tribalism. Monkeys defend their tribe from outsiders, and lobsters have dominant leader, hierarchy.  Kings, and charismatic leaders drawing people in is coded into us. But other animals like cats are sovereignty individuals.  We have both coded into us humans so not tyrannical government in history has not faced revolution.

Our minds are split into the practical and the abstract. The practical deal with the know problems. Peterson says when we are surprised that is an indication something occurred outside of the known. Reviewing the incident over a period of time is our abstract creative mind preparing for this new unknown. Creative thinking, learning, and taking responsibility, striving for professionalism takes a lot of mental energy and capacity.

IQ is a measure of our capacity to deal with abstraction concepts and learning. Armies face lots of unexpected occurrences has determined that they can not train people below an IQ of 80 to do multiple and changing tasks.  As Peterson says the military is in great need of people. IQ follows the typical distribution curve.

Socialism and Islam are hierarchy systems that divide people into class structures the lower classes are lesser humans does that mean that more human higher classes are statistically have a higher IQ and lesser human classes a statistically lower IQ? Do people that prefer low resolution, thumb nail solutions prefer tribal and hierarchy based governments?

The founders of America that we all read about were sovereignty individuals. Declaration of Independents and Constitution are high resolution document with significant focus on the details and complex thinking. They used there imagination of abstract thinking to structure the Constitution to deal with the nature of man to serve self interest and also provided the two part Amendment process knowing that it is impossible to image all possibilities. This is the focus of 'The 5000 Year Leap.'

Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:33pm
With the help of a data plan, there is a lot one can read on a cell phone.

Just as much can be learned with less effort at the library.

They have less to be ashamed of than today's generation.

They inherited it and got rid of it quickly.  Do you repeat Cultural Marxist dogma often?

And the truth shall make you free.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:34pm
Totally true, Thomas!
Eric Reports Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:51pm
Many books don't make it to the stores and libraries, if they are not PC enough.  It is up to us to make sure they do.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:14pm
True, Eric.
Thomas Napers Added Jan 5, 2019 - 3:24am
You can speak for yourself as I’m not a leftist and reject just about everything you just wrote.  The only person being deprived of wisdom and knowledge is you for turning off data on your cell phone.  You see the rest of us can both read a book and keep track of current events.  Not to mention the many other things we can all do thanks to data plans.

To be sure, there is a lot wrong with society today, but it’s not solely the fault of leftists.  From student debt to drug addiction, these are problems that both the left and right are to blame for and have to deal with.  Blaming the left is just a cop-out.
John Minehan Added Jan 5, 2019 - 7:13am
I found it odd that Skousen was so dismissive of Roman Law, considering the influence the Roman ideas of governance had on the Framers.  The Romans republican ideas were obviously a greater influence than, for example the Democratic model of Athens.

I always found it interesting that St, Paul was beheaded, rather than crucified, because (even in the reign of Nero) citizens had certain rights.