A Hate-Filled Work Day

Note: Numbers in parentheses indicated things I hate.

I woke up (1) hearing rap music (2) and Mexican (3) music (4). While driving (5) to work (6), I almost ran over a bicycle-borne tweaker (7) and a stupid (8) pedestrian (9). While waiting (10) at a traffic light (11), I was behind (12) a big, dumb-ass (13) truck (14) festooned (15) with Trump (16) bumper stickers (17). I arrived at work to find no parking spaces (18). The boss (19) started interrogating me (20) about something an idiotic (21) co-worker (22) did the day before. Not long after that, a customer (23) started bitching (24) about something going too slow (25). Then I was asked to work late (26).

Just as things were going well, the equipment failed (27). I hurried up (28) and waited more (29) while the customer (30) consulted with (31) approx. 29 layers of management (32). The verdict (33)? Try again tomorrow (34), which I told them already (35). Despite repeated (36) attempts to explain (37) my working hours, they wanted me there (38) at 5:00 AM the next morning (39).

While driving (40) back home (41), I realized that I was out of beer (42). I went to a convenience store (43) and was told by the surly (44) clerk (45) that it was too late (46) to buy beer (47). I went home empty-handed (48). I turned on the TV (49) just in time to see a commercial (50) featuring a smug (51) interracial couple (52). Disgusted (53), I remembered (54) I had a bottle of Jack Daniel's (55) that I got as a Xmas (56) present (57). After knocking back a couple of drinks, I got horny and went to the massage parlor. Things went well after that. Enough hate for the day.

Comments

Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 4:58am
Michael

LOOL Cool one. I would probably get to 100 when I think about yesterday ;-)
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:00am
Thanks Stone! I would have probably written a little more, but I'm kinda tired ; ), lol. Still, I gotta get my rants in every now and then!
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:07am
Do that. Otherwise WB dries up LOL
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:11am
I think WB needs a "jihad" all it's own, lol. The religulous dildos seem to be in force around here these days. I'm still formulating my plan for an all-out offensive, lol.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:28am
Right. That's why WB has in fact become WorshipBarn.

BTW: Cool avatar :-)
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:37am
Ewwww....yeah, it's pretty sad. Still, there's some hope, lol.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:19am
Greatest bestest powerfulest wonderfulest country in the whole big wide world ever ever ever doncha know!!!

Man, ain't that livin'?
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:26am
Captain Gilbert, just the other day, I told someone that you described the U.S. as a "warmongering terrorist cesspool", and that was the most complimentary description you've rendered so far, lol.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:03am
Thank you Michael.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:23am
You're most welcome, Captain Sir. I recently asked a bank teller what her most outrageous transaction was, and she said that someone ordered $500 of pennies to pay a debt that they clearly resented paying; I gotta ask, what's your most outrageous voyage?
Jeffry Gilbert Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:59am
what's your most outrageous voyage?

In what sense?

Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:07am
In what sense?

LOOOOOOL! The fact that you have a multi-layered approach to answering that question tells me you should write a book, or at least a novella; nawww, a book, lol. Oh, I almost forgot....FUCK YOU ASSHOLE!!! Pardon me, I get a little sentimental this time of year.
The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:20am
So youre Biafras Frankenchrist now? I liked the Zig Zag thing
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:22am
BTW, for those that have made it this far, I would like to say that my heart is also filled with LOVE, as in, I would LOVE to use Mexico as a nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons testing area, and I would LOVE to use the horse teeth of Senora Ocasio-Cortez for pistol practice. I also would LOVE to run over Asia Argento and her cunt minions with at least five steamrollers.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:24am
TBH is in der haus!
Dino Manalis Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:48am
 Hate is contagious and anti-social, stop it, and spread kindness and politeness instead to facilitate better relations.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:52am
Yep. I would like to blow the Alps away to have a better climate here and no rocks that block my sight to the sea, and get a bit more of Italian lifestyle into the boring blockhead Swiss society LOL
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:54am
Stone, I thought EXACTLY the same thing the last time I was in der Schweiz, lol.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:56am
Dino, I have to agree with others here in the sense that your comments are profound in one way or the other. Unfortunately for me and perhaps many others, the thoughts of you and many others are of profound indifference to me, lol.
Liberal1 Added Jan 4, 2019 - 8:57am
Okay.  But other than that, how was your day?
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:02am
Michael

When one grows up in a valley and never sees the horizon,. what do you expect ?
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:18am
@ Liberal1 - Mighty fine! How was yours?
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:20am
Stone, one can either climb the mountains to get a better view...or blast them to smithereens...either way, somebody's skull is about to be used as a step, so that others may climb...
Neil Lock Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:46am
Michael: Sounds like you had a good day. Judging by your (46) and (47), I surmise that you may live in Connecticut.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:48am
Michael

I've tried that, but the skulls were too feeble to keep my weight ;-)
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:02am
Neil, right idea, but the WRONG direction, lol. By the way, I had a good day, and a good night, too, lol. Thanks for your regards, my friend!
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:04am
Stone...your weight? Ironically, when I was in Europe, I had to weigh Limeys by...stone, which is equal to about 13-14 pounds, or that times 0.6.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:14am
I weigh between 63 and 67 or so kilograms since I was 19 or so. My doctor says I burn fat pretty easily and that helps me a lot doing no sports. I can beat any 60-year old on a 100m run I tell you LOL

If the net is right, I have an average weight of 10.23 stone at 1m76cm. Once I was taller, but gravity works on me LOL
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:22am
Stone, that's the only "influencer" besides death and taxes...gravity!
Stone-Eater Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:28am
I will beat it no sweat. In the distant (hopefully) future I'll fit into an ash tray. And then I fucked gravity !!
Bill H. Added Jan 4, 2019 - 11:22am

You missed mentioning numerous encounters with Cell Phone Zombies.
The Owl Added Jan 4, 2019 - 11:50am
Oh, my...What a bunch of children who haven't learned that not everything in life is a personal affront.

Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 1:06pm
@ Bill H. - Yeah, this time, lol.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 1:08pm
@ The Owl - Oh my, what I bunch of supposedly-wise but actually very stupid-ass birds I forgot to shoot!
Leroy Added Jan 4, 2019 - 1:37pm
SNAFU
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 1:53pm
Leroy, as one of my oldest and firmest frenemies here, I'm offended!  AC is right, I'm a "one-legged dickhead", not worthy of anything besides scorn and ridicule.
Leroy Added Jan 4, 2019 - 2:01pm
Maybe you misunderstand my comment, Michael.  Your day sounded like the situation normal, all fucked up (SNAFU)...lol.  It's normal for my day anyway.

Funny article written by a true misanthrope...lol
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 4, 2019 - 2:04pm
Leroy, LOL, I was being facetious, as usual!
Flying Junior Added Jan 4, 2019 - 3:28pm
I like the Gay Whales thing.  It gives Sperm Whale a whole new meaning.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 3:37pm
Interesting.  The 10 people who mostly dislike me, love an article about debauchery.  Shows me it's not personal.  My dislike of their moral midgetry isn't personal either:).  Great illuminating post, Michael.
The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 4, 2019 - 4:52pm
You know this is weird as fuck, okay? I'm getting my serious 4:20 bake on and kicking back with a little bit of Rick and Morty on AdultSwim.com. I hear Rick say something that just set off the proverbial light bulb over my head...." you were too busy flapping your parasitic turd holster"
Now! I hear that and I'm thinking -  ya know that describes what the rev does. He's flapping his parasitic turd holster. Of course! Now it all makes sense! And as I have this revelation I also begin to wonder... what other sick sons-a-bitches do I know who would appreciate this moment. And you immediately came to mind, Jesus Buddha Hitler Zig Christ Zag Mao Teabag Generalissimo WTF.....Michael B. You sick bastard.
Thanks for posting a thread where scurrilous attacks are not only permitted. They're encouraged! Aye, lad. Yer mum must be proud!
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:00pm
Snowflake trigger alert.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 5:01pm
The snowflakes on the right, like TBH, are the ones who really go zany when they hear the truth about themselves.  TBH has had some memorable meltdowns, and I'm sure he has a lot more in his gas tank.
The Burghal Hidage Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:09pm
Melt this, dickhead. What are you even doing in this thread. Did you remember to wear your garlic? Crucifix? How 'bout that holy water? You all stocked up? I'd be amazed though, you're always so busy pissing it every place you go. Why don't you go shove a poison oak dildo up your ass and migrate to a planetary system where they have failed to develop hemorrhoid creme.

Reminds me....I may be due for a meltdown. This could require more than simple organics.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:10pm
TLAPDNR.
Leroy Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:20pm
Ryan, one evening with TBH and you could hear Matthieu's opinion on the matter.  It might do you good, if you survived it.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:35pm
Pray tell who Mattheiu is, friend?
Jeff Michka Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:41pm
Gee, were the parking places all taken by latinos, NGWC? Maybe someone should ask Ryan for one of Vinny's used condoms for those gay whales.  The tip was cut so Ryan could get a drink.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 6:43pm
Clean up on aisle 9.  There  has been a serious spill of toxic vapors known as the Michka.  Courtesy clerk to aisle 9.
Leroy Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:26pm
"Pray tell who Mattheiu is, friend?"

Excuse me.  Matthau.  You'll have to ask Pink Floyd.
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 7:33pm
Thank you, my friend.  I can assure you I won't be going to Pink Floyd for life lessons.  Look where it got TBH.
FacePalm Added Jan 4, 2019 - 9:44pm
Michael B-
Geez, somebody got up on the whiny side of bed;  i've rarely seen anyone admit to being that much of a bitch.  But i'm glad you were honest about it.

i'd recommend a change of perspective, if you want to be happier.  Showing gratitude, expressing thanks, you know, that sort of thing.  Much healthier for body, mind, emotions, soul and spirit.

Or not.  Your choice.

To cite the unintentional sage, Yogi Berra, "Some people ain't happy 'less'n they ain't happy."

But those people are not only miserable themselves, they spread it around, under the "misery loves" theory, apparently.  Why be a Donny Downer?  Or a Bob'n'Wendy Whiner?
Flying Junior Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:18pm
This is what it is like when Messano shows up uninvited.

Happy diving!
Katharine Otto Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:24pm
Michael,
How did Stone recognize you so fast?  You do keep some of us guessing, and laughing.  Hope you slept well after such a grueling day.
Bill H. Added Jan 4, 2019 - 10:46pm

R.M.
Is there anything more to life for you other than religion and politics (same thing)?
Seems that is all you ever discuss out here.
WTF?
Ryan Messano Added Jan 4, 2019 - 11:59pm
Seeing how religion and politics have been a thing since the beginning, you may want to join in sometime, Bill H.  It's loads better than your normal profanity and delusions, that I can tell you.

Just profound.  Facepalm quotes scripture soberly and gravely, on pride, and tells people about their punishment, while using profanity openly, with zero awareness of any obvious contradictions in his behavior.  Oblivious much?
Bill H. Added Jan 5, 2019 - 12:24am

I'm actually quite happy (and way too busy in retirement) doing consulting and work on various aspects of electronic communication technology and audiophile projects.
Not bored at all, my friend!
Stone-Eater Added Jan 5, 2019 - 2:16am
Rammstein - Du hast

Have a peaceful day :-)
Stone-Eater Added Jan 5, 2019 - 2:22am
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:09am
Thank you all for commenting. I'll try to get back to some of you later.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:15am
@ Fagpants, Rosy Palm, I mean Facepalm - Gawd, and I thought Mr. Messano was the most self-righteous one here. Why is it that ex-squids are almost invariably annoying asinine morons? Yes, I'm all for a climate of candor, so why don't you reveal that you and Ryan (another ex-squid, how perfect) are an item? You're obviously flamingly gay. I think you two would make an ADORABLE couple, with Ryan being the stodgy, dull, stick-in-the-mud while you compensate by being the happy-go-lucky social butterfly. GO NAVY, lol, but don't forget the K-Y...fucking faggot-ass cocksucker, loool.
FacePalm Added Jan 5, 2019 - 1:03pm
There's not enough money on this planet to turn me into a friend of RM.  Liar, coward, hypocrite.  "If you don't censor that satanist, i'm leaving and i'm never coming back."  Lie.  "i know i swore or affirmed an oath to the Constitution, but now i'm a conscientious objector, so i'm leaving."  Coward.  "i love Jeezis, except when He tells me i should treat other people exactly the way I want to be treated."  Hypocrite.
Not a gay bone in my body.  There's zero about any guy's hairy ass that turns me on to the slightest degree.
But let me know when you're done playing in your profanity, ok?  You wanna piss and moan about your life and the horrible(?) things that happened to ya, i'm here to tell ya things can get worse - a LOT worse - so being grateful for what you've got is a helluva lot better way to live, but i did appreciate your honesty.  i'm just tellin' ya the truth.  What you're not grateful for today can be taken away tomorrow.  Happens to a lot of us, you know.

Someone recently-retired from the military asked me once if i'd been in the military, maybe ten, fifteen years ago, now.  i told 'em i was ex-navy.  He replied, "You mean FORMER Navy."  i replied, "Nope.  EX."  But i served my time and gtfo "honorably."  At the time i signed up, i was unaware of Christ saying that none of His disciples are to swear AT ALL.  Since the word "affirm" has been defined in law as the legal equivalent of swearing, "affirming" is the exact same thing as swearing.  Hence the qualifier "at all."
Ryan Messano Added Jan 5, 2019 - 2:27pm
Facepalm is a slow learner, but here goes.

Precisely what you are, you project your gross moral failings while straining at the motes in others eyes.

Simpleton, the Satanist left.  He censored himself.  Do try to use your brain.

New information, new decisions.  Besides, you picking up a gun didn't protect the nation.  An entire nation with a military that resembled you, with every citizen in the nation with your moral habits, with the best weaponry money can buy IS DOOMED!! Put that in your pipe and smoke it.  Right makes might, not might makes right.

Uses the Lord's name in vain as he castigates me for being ungodlike.  LOL.  The hypocrisy never ends.  The Bible says a 'Rod for the back of a fool'.  You get the treatment your actions deserve, nothing more or less, and actually, you are getting far less than what a sanctimonious, hard hearted, rebellious, recalcitrant blackguard like you deserves.

Hypocrite.

Yes, that's you.  Check out the mirror, Buddy.  The hypocrite will be staring back at you.

Wow!!  Facepalm just used profanity and now wants to lecture Michael on profanity.  Unbelievable!! Michael, are you hearing this?  That said, he's right about Michael's belly aching.

Umm, didn't you just get done telling Michael about his profanity, and are you now using profane acronyms?  Do you think about what you say before you say it, or do you just blurt out whatever pops into your mind?

He did say it, and he identified massive hypocrites like you as frauds that appear good on the outside, but are full of evil within.
Stone-Eater Added Jan 5, 2019 - 4:14pm
Yawn. Good start, now fucked up. Enter Sandman.
Mircea Negres Added Jan 5, 2019 - 4:44pm
Good rant. Nah, fuckin' solid! I used to have days and nights like this, when the only logical question left was why mass murder didn't happen. Anybody wants pink bunnies leaping through white fluffy clouds needs to take some acid, get in Doc Brown's DeLorean, hit 88 mph and go to Woodstock 'cause Murphy's Law deluxe is what we've got today.
Jeff Michka Added Jan 5, 2019 - 8:54pm
Gee...And ol Faced works so hard trying to show Ryan he's "one of him," but apparently the bible thing hasn't worked Messano "magic."  You ought to try little gray men to cajole Ryan.  He might quit believing he's Geezus for a moment.  "Commence the Five clones...' LOL  Someone needs to ask Messano how long it took the old man on the last sub he was stationed on to get him out of the torpedo tube Ryan's shipmates shoved him into.  Messano would trip a mutiny on any vessel he was on...."Strawberries...."
edinmountainview Added Jan 5, 2019 - 9:32pm
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!  That was a pleasure to read.
Semper Fi
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:49pm
@ FJ - And you would know that, too, huh? lol
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:49pm
@ Ryan - There you go with that jealousy thing again.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:49pm
@ TBH - As usual, I'm honored to have someone of your caliber both reading and commenting on my posts!
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:49pm
@ Michka - Yeah, and they were occupied by people who collectively have the IQ of a fucking corn tortilla, just like you, lol.

Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:50pm
@ KO - Stone knows me too well, lol. Captain Gilbert and Leroy, too. Some others I cannot name, but I gave up trying to fool them, too. I obviously have a signature style, which is both good and bad. Glad you find it entertaining, Dr. Otto! You are one of the jewels of WB for sure, and I'm being...sincere...lol! You're a sweetie KO, don't ever change! : )
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:50pm
@ Mircea - You mentioned DeLoreans and time travel, while I'm thinking James Bond, with machine guns, flamethrowers, oil slicks, and the occasional thermobaric, lol. Always glad to hear from you, dude!

Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:50pm
@ edinmv - Thanks dude! I'm ex-Army, but SEMPER FI right back atcha! I like Marines; they're usually straight-up, no-nonsense dudes, when they're not utterly psychotic, lol.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 10:51pm
@ Ryan and Facepalm - the sexual tension between you two is so glaringly obvious, you really need to get a room...a room with a view of a spew, lol. Your exchange reminds me of one of my favorite segments from Stalag 17, which went something like this:

Price: I hate you Sefton, I hate your guts...I always have, and I always will.

Sefton: Lots of people talk like that, but before you know it, they're married.
edinmountainview Added Jan 5, 2019 - 11:24pm
Nuke Gay Whales for Christ - Right on, man.  I appreciate that Semper Fi back.  I have plenty of friends who were either former/ex-Army or Navy.  We all get along great.  It just dawned on me that there are no other Marines in my circle of friends.  Where the heck do we all go?
Semper Fi
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 5, 2019 - 11:33pm
@ edinmv - Funny, there are several former Marines here; maybe that's where they all go, lol. John Minehan (another WB guy, and one of the best ones) was an Army officer about the time I was in, and we know some of the same people and real estate from that time (mid-to-late 80's).
edinmountainview Added Jan 5, 2019 - 11:52pm
Premier Ching Chong Bonk Conk Flesh Robster - Thanks for your service and I look forward to talking to all of you in the future.  I first stood at attention on the yellow footprints on January 29, 1973, at age 17.  Served three years and decided to re-enlist again in 1980-1982 (we had a different enemy then).  Excellent name, by the way.
Semper Fi
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 6, 2019 - 12:10am
@ edinmv - Thank you, Sir! You'll have to pardon my sudden avatar and handle changes, as that's my new schtick here. The way I see it, this site is WAY too silly in all the wrong ways, so I'll silly it up like a motherfucker, lol.

I also joined when I was 17, but one term was enough for me, but that's another story entirely. I got out a buck sergeant (E-5), which I got in just over three years (and after being busted one grade once), so I wasn't too much of a fuckup, lol. I gotta give you fair warning though...there are few things in this entire Universe I hate more than fake vets, but I don't get the impression you're one of those.
edinmountainview Added Jan 6, 2019 - 12:30am
Premier Ching Chong Bonk Conk Flesh Robster - We need more humor in this world.  That's too funny because I was busted a couple times (I liked to drink a lot of booze back then) and ended up an E-4 (Corporal) upon release from active duty both times.  I will admit that every time I was promoted it was meritoriously.  One could argue I was also meritoriously demoted too.

I'm with you on the fake vets - I have my DD-214 handy, both of them.
Semper Fi
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 6, 2019 - 12:36am
@ edinmv - LOL..."meritorious demotion"...that's in the same league as "malicious compliance", lol. When I got busted, I told the Lieutenant Colonel (LTC, in Army-speak) who gave me the Article 15 that I would do the same thing in the same circumstances; I'd like to think that's one of the reasons he went easy on me, lol.
edinmountainview Added Jan 6, 2019 - 12:52am
Premier Ching Chong Bonk Conk Flesh Robster - Marine-speak would be Lt.Col.  Every time I stood on the proverbial "carpet" my CO was fair with me.  I am one that will plead guilty to my wrongdoing -- I take responsibility for my actions -- maybe that's why they only busted me one stripe at a time.  No money forfeiture though.  Looking back at those times I have to laugh, but I remember standing there in from of "The Man" and was terrified each time.  Then four or five months later I was promoted again.  Oh well . . .
Semper Fi
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 6, 2019 - 2:09am
@ edinmv - I remember the Top telling me something to the effect of, "You're not a real soldier unless you have a few Article 15's under your belt." So true...I wear it like a Badge of Honor to this day, lol.
FacePalm Added Jan 6, 2019 - 2:11am
Geez, Michael B-
Now you're getting not only boring, but predictable and repetitious. not to mention disingenuous.

Good luck with that!
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 6, 2019 - 2:19am
Hello Rosypalm dear! Just because you miss your fellow butt-buddy Ryan doesn't mean you should take your rectally-denied frustrations out on me. You should jam a cross up your stretched-out ass sideways to make up for it. Don't worry, your husband should be here "shortly", lol.
FacePalm Added Jan 6, 2019 - 4:55am
Childish, too.
Adolf Dick McMenace Added Jan 7, 2019 - 3:30pm
Rosypalm, you're hilarious! Keep it up! I have no doubt that you talk with a lisp, and have problems moving heavy and unwieldly objects, lol.
Bill H. Added Jan 8, 2019 - 11:55am
Your new moniker pretty much says it all!