The Democratic Party itself did NOT start the KKK

The Democratic Party did NOT start the KKK. Democrats, meaning that people who were members of the Democratic Party started the KKK.

People need to keep the facts straight. This so important because so many politicians on BOTH sides skew facts to make themselves look better while making others look bad. The enemy is within and we must be vigilant against them all as they are not and will have your best interests in mind unless it furthers their agenda. In other words doing good for the American people is not on their agenda. If some good comes of what they do then they take credit and if not well they shift blame on the next patsy in line. Always plenty of them around.

To further amend this which was originally a comment to an article:

The Democratic Party did not create the KKK however Democrats did and perpetuated it in Congress. When it was created the primary player and founder William Joseph Simmons on 1915 enlisted over 150 members of Government and it became a party wide group. FYI it was Republicans ( yes Lincoln was a Republican) that freed the slaves and started the civil rights legislation and have continued that legacy. The Democratic party just kept the KKK alive in a more clandestine way. They perpetuate racism in so many ways and more subtle too. Unless you look at what they do often its easy to miss but make no mistake their plans include keeping minorities economically challenged. Then they give them things to placate them and somehow garner their votes. Less education helps and oh they have done a very good job of dumbing down the education system. Many kids graduating today can barely read, do basic math and they surely cannot write coherent sentences.

Comments

Dino Manalis Added Feb 8, 2019 - 10:58am
 Beware of Dixiecrats!
The Burghal Hidage Added Feb 8, 2019 - 11:07am
Uh....yes they did, you fuckwit
Gerrilea Added Feb 8, 2019 - 11:30am
Mr. Nobody--- Okay, if we grant your position as valid, then why did the Democratic party embrace it and pass laws to insure the dominance of the white race over the black race...at every level of government and every facet of our lives?

The "separate but equal" legal doctrine evolved out of said party.

Wilson was elected POTUS and implemented policies that destroyed the coalescence of our society. At the heart of his policies, racism.  He fired any and all blacks in any government position he could.  He then went on to sell us all down the river with the Federal Reserve and his NWO ideations of total world control in the "League of Nations".

What has this nation been doing ever since?  Suppressing democracy (all over the world) and keeping the brown people in perpetual poverty as they/we steal everything they have.

All this aside, the KKK evolved out of these machinations propagated by Democrats.

Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 1:51pm
@The Burghal Hidage why would you resort straight to calling me a fuckwit? Very rude no need for that. has you read what I said you would know that Party did not create the KKK however Democrats did and perpetuated it in Congress. When it was created the primary player and founder William Joseph Simmons enlisted over 150 members of Government and it became a party wide group. FYI it was Republicans ( yes Lincoln was a Republican) that freed the slaves and started the civil rights legislation and have continued that legacy. The Democratic party just kept the KKK alive in a more clandestine way. They perpetuate racism in so many ways and more subtle too. Unless you look at what they do often its easy to miss but make no mistake their plans include keeping minorities economically challenged. Then they give them things to placate them and somehow garner their votes. Less education helps and oh they have done a very good job of dumbing down the education system. Many kids graduating today can barely read, do basic math and they surely cannot write coherent sentences.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 1:53pm
@ Gerrilea You are right entirely.. I was just pointing out in another article that the Party did not create the KKK but they most certainly embraced wholeheartedly the concept once it took off
George N Romey Added Feb 8, 2019 - 2:26pm
Did the Democratic Party have an official "KKK platform"?  No but it was Dixiecrats that forced Wallace off the VP ticket in 1944 and hated Eleanor Roosevelt although feared her more than her husband.  Truman tried joining the KKK but was denied membership (not sure how your could have gotten rejected from the KKK).  Roosevelt was racist and well as LBJ.  And people today complain about Trump.
The Burghal Hidage Added Feb 8, 2019 - 2:34pm
you make a distinction without a difference.  Did the national "party" start the KKK....no, it did not. Was the KKK already in existence in some form.....yes, it was. But it seems the piece, unless I severely misread it, is meant to deflect attention from the FACT that the democrat party in post-reconstruction southern states did indeed adopt and fill the ranks of the KKK in those places as an instrument of political intimidation. Those are facts. I have little doubt that there may well have been some in those ranks who called themselves republican, but I know of no state republican party during that period in any way participating as the sponsor of the KKK.
This seems to me rather akin to making a great big noise about where the DNC e-mails came from and who was responsible for hacking them, yet failing at every opportunity to in any way refute the content.
I don't always call names.....but when I do it is usually well deserved. You have plenty of time to prove me wrong. I have less of an issue with the content of your article than with the premise it supposes in it's title. But that's cool. You be you, I'll be me :)
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 2:56pm
@The Burghal Hidage I was definitely NOT trying to distract from the fact that the Democratic Party fully embraced the KKK and still do to this very day. I amended the original post to reflect that and a bit of the history of the founding of the KKK which was 1915. The founder persuaded many Democratic Party members sworn in and card carrying KKK members. This post was created originally from a comment on another article because someone accused the Party of creating it a fact that had been misunderstood by the writer and I was merely clarifying what the article had said. I try to keep the facts straight because some many declare as a fact so many things that are in fact not accurate and accuracy counts.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 3:00pm
@The Burghal Hidage
One more thing the real enemy is the self serving career politicians out there. All Parties included. I don't know the right or best answer to this insidious problem but it has been eating our nation away bit by bit. Kind of like the frog in a pot of water being slowly heated so that by the time the frog figures out its being boiled alive, its now frog soup. That is what is becoming of or country.
Bill H. Added Feb 8, 2019 - 3:05pm

Well, in this day and age, the KKK fully endorsed and supported Trump's election for obvious reasons.
Flying Junior Added Feb 8, 2019 - 4:18pm
You're right Mogg.  David Duke can't speak for the entire KKK.
Flying Junior Added Feb 8, 2019 - 4:21pm

This is referred to as a sentence splice.  Taking two sentences and connecting them with the word, "and," or some other means.  This would be one way to correct the problem.

Many kids graduating today can barely read or do basic math.  They surely cannot write coherent sentences.
Gerrilea Added Feb 8, 2019 - 6:44pm
Bill H--- IN this day and age, an allegedly "former" KKK recruiter was Hillary Clinton's, "friend and mentor", Senator Byrd.

OH, and during an interview just last year she said this:

"While being interviewed for Recode by Kara Swisher, the interviewer got two US congressmen confused.  When asked what she thought of Cory Booker saying that “we kick them in the shins” about how Democrats should respond to Republican election tactics, the former secretary of state corrected Ms Swisher by saying that it was Eric Holder. Ms Swisher apologised and corrected herself only to have Mrs Clinton respond with what appeared to be a racist comment.

Mrs Clinton said: “Yeah. I know they all look alike.”

Bill H. Added Feb 8, 2019 - 7:44pm
Read This, Mogg.
Or is Reuters fake news now too?
Jeff Michka Added Feb 8, 2019 - 8:49pm
Mr. Deleter, Mr Nobody, needed to follow orders and delete my comment because ol Nobody couldn't explain things away I said.  Now go on and on about Hillary, that way NOBODY will notice Trumpism and Trumpist pigs like Nobody.  You go get your pizza and buy a child to abuse from Hillary, Nobody?  You really should.  And of course ol Sutrino screams about how if abortion ends, the white race will be saved from the landfill.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 9:08pm
Jeff Michka: What comment do you think I deleted? I haven't deleted one comment here at all. What are you referring to? I will in the future however delete abusive and hateful things. Discourse is healthy. Negative and derisive commentary is not. Be decent please.
@ Mogg Tsur
You referred to me as a shill spewing party propaganda. Exactly whose shill and what propaganda? I am a real person not some sock monkey. I merely was referencing what I see and what i think about it. I am not either a Republican or a Democrat. I am a free thinker and I base my opinions on what I see and learn myself. No one person or party influences or dictates what I have to say. Furthermore I was invited to this forum and the account was created for me as was the original comment I had posted elsewhere and was in reply to another comment that had the facts a little bit mixed up. It and this did prompt me to add more to it for clarification. If and when I state something as fact I will research it before posting so I am not in error. I will also cite the reference if it is not easily found by others. If I do make an error I am man enough to step up and admit said error as well as apologize for the error. Scroll up. I made an error earlier apologized and corrected it too.. This is my first day here. I did not know what to expect frankly. I still don't. I hope it ends up being a good experience though.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 9:12pm
@Jeff Michka
Ryan Messano Added Feb 8, 2019 - 9:18pm
It's a recommended WB practice to delete Jeff, Mr. Nobody.  He continually is full of crude and nonsensical gibberish.

It was a Democrat who started the KKK, and the Democrats are doing a fine job upholding the KKK practices while shouting against racism.  When 63% of deaths in the black community are due to abortion, and Democrats favor abortion, you can be sure the KKK is alive and well in the Democrat party.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 9:28pm
Ryan Messano
Thank you for the heads up on JM. I tend to give anyone the benefit of the doubt.
The other comment I agree with 100%. Hypocrisy is rampant in the Democratic Party. The racism they constantly bark about is kept alive and well by them. They use it as a tool and a weapon and so many buy the BS its really scary. There is a much larger agenda at play here and it runs deep and complex. I firmly believe that there are forces trying to destroy this nation from within. They are doing a lot of damage. All you have to do is look for it.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 8, 2019 - 10:15pm
Mogg Tsur
I am unsure how you think I was defending the party in any way. I dislike them in every possible way. I do believe some individuals in that party are seriously misguided and when they begin to see that they usually jump ship thankfully. The ONLY thing I was stating in the original post was that the Party itself did not found the KKK. Members of the Party did and they ALL embraced it. To me that is beyond despicable. To me IMO that is what I consider deplorable and that they carry on the same KKK traditions today. Please read everything I have written here today. rest assured I will not defend them not one iota. I am a solid Trump supporter for my own reasons. That will not change today or tomorrow and my faith in the man is not blind or mindless. I base it on what I know not what I think I know.
I do appreciate your insight here though. Thank you.
The Owl Added Feb 8, 2019 - 10:46pm
You arec orrect, nobody, that the Democrats did not found the KKK.

Rather honor went to six digruntled Confederate officers  who just happened to be secessionist Democrats after the Civil War.  Gen Nathan Bedford Forest, CSA, joined them in 1867 and lent a certain legitimacy given his wartime stature.  Forest served as Grand wizard until they disbanded in 1871.  It's purpose was to overthrow the Republican Reconstruction regimes that were forced on the secessionist states.  Primary in their resistance were the rights offered the Negro through the Republican officials.

The Klan, known as the First Klan died from lack of interest in 1871 as the objectives of the Klam to regain political control and surprise black power had been largely attained.

The Klansmen were Democrats; the reconstructionists were Republican.

With aging of the Civil War veterans and resurgent interest in the Confederacy and what it stood for there came The Lost Cause movement to establish for the old folks some sort of meaning to their days as soldiers for the Confederacy, the fearsome battles that they were required to fight, and the brother soldiers with whom they had marched countless miles only to have to bury what little remained of them near  the creeks, under, and streams or on the bloodied plains of central Virginia.

The Second Klan formed during and out of this remembrence of the divides of the 1850s and 1860s that had uprooted their lives and the catalyst of the silent movie Birth of a Nation in 1915.  The movie glorified the KKK which fit with the rekindled moods of the southern servicemen.  Again, these men in the KKK were Democrats from the south, but Democrats in the upper south and the midwest, too, began to view blacks as competition and joined to keep the black man at a disadvantage.

The hate during the Second KKK expanded to evelope hatred for Jews, and Catholics, and any other class of Pele that threatened the "homefires" of the upper-middle, middle,  lower-middle, and lower class white protestant whenever a new class of "different" people become part of the community with a view of taking the better jobs or jobs "above their station".  As the Democrats were the political party that supported these folks, the Democrats again enabled the KKK Through the years.

I just thought I would set noboy straight in the real history Ang let him sort out the mess he has made for himself.

Flying Junior Added Feb 9, 2019 - 2:49am
Gerrilea,

The KKK guys weren't hidden in the 1960s.  So Hillary befriended Senator Byrd.  Strom Thurmond was actually a more interesting character in the epic saga of racism in U.S. politics.  So much so that some black chicks wrote a play about him.  Don't tell me you hate George Wallace as well.

BFD.  Get over it.  It does not reflect on her.  Same old stories over and over.  Hillary Clinton is retired.  All of the Russian trolls that were assigned to the Writer Beat to vanquish all love for Hillary have long since flown the coop.  When was the last time you heard from James Travil or Lady S?
Flying Junior Added Feb 9, 2019 - 2:57am
Mr. Nobody,

Just what is your point in bringing up 19th century democrats and Dixiecrats?  I'm guessing that you are doing a very subtle condemnation of governmental social assistance programs.  Or maybe not so subtle.

So your thing is laying the blame for pockets of poverty among black people at the feet of the democratic party?  I know a lot of kooks believe exactly this.  The problem is that their thinking is driven by the purest form of racism.  They hate the black people without money.  They don't think that they deserve to have phones.  They cast them as leeches and wastrels as if they don't appreciate the comforts of beer, cigarets and liquor themselves.  But to talk to these RW crazies, you would never get them to admit the slightest tinge of racism.  Only that black people have been held back by social policies engineered by democrats going back to LBJ.

Don't you get how completely insane and untenable that position is?  Come into the light my brother.  Put away your malicious thoughts.  Be a child of the light.
Minister Peaceful Poet Added Feb 9, 2019 - 3:11am
i've kinda lost my respect for Bernie Sanders.  In a speech he was calling Trump a racist.  There are no facts to back that up.  People are just saying that.
Jim Stoner Added Feb 9, 2019 - 3:12am
Mr Nobody,
Welcome to Writer Beat!  We have an odd collection of tangential crazies here, but you will at least get some feedback.   You can feel free to tolerate, or not tolerate and reply as forcefully as you like, the abuse you will surely get.

As to your main point, I would agree that the KKK and the Democratic party of old were not the same but were fellow travelers; however, the Democratic party today is completely different.  There was a flip that happened--over some decades, to a varying degree in the different regions of the country, but the flip happened.  Today's Democratic party is no more answerable for the rise of the KKK than Teddy Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln are for the rise of Donald Trump.  For better or worse.
Thomas Sutrina Added Feb 9, 2019 - 8:28am
My I remind you NOBODY that Democratic President Woodrow Wilson re-segregated the army and federal government which desegregated after the Civil War.   The compromise to break a stalemate for president the GOP candidate became president and reconstruction ended which lead to the rise of Jim Crow and segregation in the South.  The Democratic Party made that agreement.

Finally the DNC 1924 Klanbake.  "The second dispute of the convention revolved around an attempt by non-Klan delegates, led by Forney Johnston of Alabama, to condemn the organization for its violence in the Democratic Party’s platform. Klan delegates defeated the platform plank in a series of floor debates. To celebrate, tens of thousands of hooded Klansmen rallied in a field in New Jersey, across the river from New York City. This event, known subsequently as the “Klanbake”, was also attended by hundreds of Klan delegates to the convention, who burned crosses, urged violence and intimidation against African Americans and Catholics, and attacked effigies of Smith.

The final vote was 546.15 for the Klan, 542.85 against it."

Jeff Michka Added Feb 9, 2019 - 7:25pm
Alas, poor Nobody, having to take his orders from WB's very own Geezus, Lyin Ryan Messano.  And did FDR start the KKK, Sutrino?  More phony cites, Thomas.  You should stick with Dimbart.  You're just another rightist clown, Nobody.  Good screen name for you, Nobody, did you consider "and Nothing" as a surname too?
Thomas Sutrina Added Feb 9, 2019 - 9:37pm
Jeff Boy, FDR kept the federal government segregated.  This includes the military in WWII.  Also the actions of department caused segregation including the building of public housing and the funding of the housing boom.  A builder could not get money if he sold homes to black people.    I have cited this many times in the past.
Mr. Nobody Added Feb 9, 2019 - 10:11pm
@Jeff Michka

I wanted to post this before doing it so you can see. Now I will be deleting your comments. I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt but its clear you just want to stir trouble and be a troll. Go find another bridge to hang around under and troll. If you had anything intelligent to say I would leave them be but you really don't.So wait for it..... In a little bit all  of your comments will be gone.
For the record:
The Ku Klux Klan was credited with being created by  William Joseph Simmons in 1915. He was a democrat He signed up over 150 democratic party members in the same year and it blossomed from there. Look it up as its not hard to find.
Jeffry Gilbert Added Feb 9, 2019 - 11:27pm
How is this important?
Spartacus Added Feb 10, 2019 - 6:59am
Those who started the KKK and those who kept it alive is a fact lost in its nuance.  Interesting point but not sure it is of value.

Certainly, the Democrats didn't invent slavery but they sure as hell kept it going even to the point of a civil war.  Similarly, the Democrats didn't invent racism . . . however, their party thrives by its means.
Spartacus Added Feb 10, 2019 - 7:00am
Forgot to say -- good article.  I had to get past the title which almost put me off.
Bill H. Added Feb 10, 2019 - 8:31pm
Many people are not aware that Democrats and Republicans actually switched platforms in the late '40s.
The Owl Added Feb 10, 2019 - 9:38pm
"...The Ku Klux Klan was credited with being created by  William Joseph Simmons in 1915. He was a democrat (sic) He signed up over 150 democratic party members in the same year and it blossomed from there. Look it up as its (sic) not hard to find...."

Sorry, the KKK was created back in the Reconstruction period of our history.  Formed by seven Tennesseans who were disinterested in the rights that the Negros were being afforded.  It faltered and disbanded in the early 1870s when the Southern Democrats regained political power and again began to restrict Negro rights..

The KKK that you are claiming was actually formed out of the "Lost Cause" movement in the late 1800s, with its influence extending into the 1920s.  Another round of KKK interest formed after the end of WWII and had virulence into the late 1960s with the interest stoked by King's civil rights movement.

You're going to have to be a bit sharper Mr. Nobody, because we don't let people get away with revisionist history here.  We're a pretty feisty lot.  We like accuracy in factual statements, and you continue to be about was inaccurate as they come.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and look things up.  It's pretty easy to do these days....