End of the internet

Your precious internet is being taken over by the big money interests. Check out you tube. It was not that long ago you could find something interesting to watch without censorship and without commercials. Not any more. Now you can watch what they make available and you have to put up with commercials ad nauseum. There is no alternative. That's right, the internet is being bought out. And you are being sold out. Remember television? How you could watch TV all you wanted for free? They could not stand letting that go on. So you had to buy cable to watch TV. Monthly payments for ever. Now we have internet. We still have monthly payments but now we are required to pay more on top of that to watch what we want. And if you want to comment on anything your comments will be censored and if not you will be ridiculed by swarms of anonymous commenters employed by the powers that be. The internet is evolving into the big brother of 1984.

Check out you tube and what is on their "suggested" list. Videos that promote ad infested  and pay television. "Greatest commercials of" as if commercials were great. And what about the "expose" of the "Panama Papers"? They sure shut that down fast. No Americans got exposed. And what about the trial of "El Chapo"? There is testimony of bribes paid to governments but not the American government. All that is being kept secret.

The internet was for a short time a place where people could put what they wanted. Not any more. Another example is "Google Earth" Ever wonder why you cannot get images of what is happening right now? The government can get those images. You can not because you would be able to track what they are up to. And what about the "National security" excuse for hiding the truth?

The internet seemed like a good idea at first. Now it's welcome to 1984.

Comments

Autumn Cote Added Feb 12, 2019 - 5:15am
Please note, unless you comment on the work of others, it's against the rules to post articles here.  Also note, if you did comment on the work of others, I would do everything in my power to bring more attention to your articles...there is a lot I could do.  So long as you follow the rules, many thanks for your participation with Writer Beat!
Doug Plumb Added Feb 12, 2019 - 6:09am
I don't believe that Google Earth could work in real time. Satallites sweep over the earth and generate the images. This takes time.
  Of course we have several ongoing wars and foreign occupations and exposing everything works against the interests of the war mongers and in turn the Israeli interests. No one cares too much about American interests, America is a common law country and therefore slated for destruction by the Talmudic New World Order.
  The truth has been told on the web a million times, but the people have been so badly propagandized and so badly educated they lack the critical skills to tell fact from fiction. The truth is widely available and quite obvious and matches up with what you find in old writings.
  People don't read old books and the new ones have been written for dummies.
Ward Tipton Added Feb 12, 2019 - 6:44am
There is always the Dark Web ... but then again, ToR is actually a DoD construct as well.
Stone-Eater Added Feb 12, 2019 - 7:57am
Ward

The darknet is a good method of control. Group all the "antisocials" together on one spot. TOR in German means FOOL LOL
Stone-Eater Added Feb 12, 2019 - 7:59am
BTW: Just ask some darkwebber on which physical layer his dark info and tools are distributed on and if the ones who control that physical layer have no possibilities to sneak in ;-)
George N Romey Added Feb 12, 2019 - 8:01am
On whole I see the Internet is a good thing.  It's not the Internet, it's how people use it.  The stupidity of man is nothing new, the Internet just highlights it.  So we now have people airing their stupidity on social media (Twitter, FB, Instagram), feeling they must comply with the "suggestion list" and giving all of their privacy to who knows who on the Internet.

I choose not be on any of those platforms. I have no desire to witness the boring, banal and mundane of people's lives.  I don't care if you got a new kitty.  I have no desire to listen to someone rant on Twitter that Donald Trump is either a god of some kind or the anti Christ.

I certainly won't divulge private information so I can part of the "cool kids" crowd.  I lot of the Internet is bullshit (LinkedIn comes to mind).  And when you play with shit you end up smelling quite bad.
Stone-Eater Added Feb 12, 2019 - 8:29am
George

It's not the Internet, it's how people use it.

Of course it's not the internet per se. But people are told or INFLUENCED by people on how to use it, and most sheep need a leader. So as always: Two sides on one coin.

Internet is the best way to dumb down a population by giving them TOO much choice, so they will automatically restrict themselves and reduce to a point where their mind only understands Trump's tweets and an Instagram selfie.

Mind protection.....LOL
Jeffry Gilbert Added Feb 12, 2019 - 10:33am
The internet has been a great tool for government and corporate spying on people and a big earner for purveyors of smut. For the common man the costs are several magnitudes worse than the benefits.
Stone-Eater Added Feb 12, 2019 - 11:29am
Yep.
Unrepentant Added Feb 12, 2019 - 12:44pm
I actually downloaded the TOR browser and explored the Dark Net just for the hell of it. Subsequent sessions with a normal browser became noticeably slower. I got the impression of being a gopher, with some big-ass predator waiting for me to pop up on the other side so it could bite my head off and swallow me whole, lol. Fuck that noise.
Jeff Michka Added Feb 12, 2019 - 5:55pm
Eric the Aspirin knows nothing about the Net, but can delete, and he could respond, but won't.  He doesn't even have opinions, lacks the knowledge.  Now hit that red X, Aspirin.
The Owl Added Feb 12, 2019 - 7:01pm
It's always the people that use things like the internet that enable platforms like YouTube to get rich off of selling access to you.

Ad blockers are fine.  But now, websites are using ad-blocker sensing techniques to block people using the blockers.  Soon we will have a new generation of ad blockers that block giving away the fact that an ad blocker is in operation...

Around the digital barn, we'll run again.

Smart users segment their browsing habits...different screen names for different websites, incognito-capable browsers, even spoofed IPs via ToR and/or other masking techniques. One can become quite invisible if one really desires invisibility, but it takes some discipline to accomplish it.

Of course, the website operators can find you, but they have to work at it.  But is it really worth the expense to do such tracking when it becomes apparent that the target isn't going to be there when one finishes the trace?

I don't disagree that the internet is being taken over by the moneyed interests, but then again that was always the potential.  In a gun-slinging world, there are always forces trying to take over.  (Note to our one-world-government friends, these same sorts of forces are in play...they're generally called "the Ins" and "the Outs".  Once power is at play, there's always "an Out" that wants to challenge the established order.)

However, underneath all that commercialism, there will always be an undercurrent of rational thinking...sort-of the wolf in amongst the sheep.

Spartacus Added Feb 13, 2019 - 6:34am
An answer -- BitChute

BitChute is YouTube in its early days.
Ward Tipton Added Feb 13, 2019 - 7:37am
"I actually downloaded the TOR browser and explored the Dark Net just for the hell of it."

Use a Linux box running from a livecd or a thumb drive. Never enter with a windows box, that is just asking for trouble.
Michael B Bagala Added Feb 13, 2019 - 10:18am
Eric
Great Article. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do.
Steel Breeze Added Feb 13, 2019 - 10:24am
the internet could vanish today.......means zip to me.....
Jeffry Gilbert Added Feb 13, 2019 - 8:19pm

Yep.

Michael B Bagala Added Feb 13, 2019 - 9:17pm
Stone-Eater
I have learned a lot from the internet. Far more than from any library
Eric D Beyer Added Feb 13, 2019 - 11:37pm
My point is that 1984 is upon us. Without my phone I can't contact anyone or be contacted. I cannot read articles, post comments, or watch videos. At the same time my phone gives out my location, can listen to my conversations on the phone or not. My history, my contacts, practically my entire life is open to "big brother". They can cut off my phone at any time. They can go back and listen to a recording of every call I made. They are in complete control and without a phone you are a non person. Read the book, George Orwell's 1984. They can limit what you watch to what they want. They can use AI to figure out how you think and what you want. Welcome to 1984 people. You are all wards of the state.
Autumn Cote Added Feb 14, 2019 - 3:06am
Eric,
I just suspended your account.  If you wish to participate with Writer Beat, you need to write me a qualifying comment via email to another author here on Writer Beat.